PDA

View Full Version : mk now that VY is done with lets focus on our future

BASSooner
1/9/2006, 01:13 AM
How bright do you think we guys look?

Offense....alright we ALL know that the OL is a big question mark but MY biggest concern is the defense. Will it get better?

PDXsooner
1/9/2006, 01:23 AM

Offense alright we ALL know that the OL is a big question mark but MY biggest concern is the defense. Will it get better?

we're banking on reynolds stepping in fast, granger to be an impact player, birdine to solidify, and the corner position to improve. i think whoever starts across from wolfe (most likely walker?) has to have a huge year. will smith move to CB? he is a sick athlete.

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 01:27 AM

Offense alright we ALL know that the OL is a big question mark but MY biggest concern is the defense. Will it get better?

Defensively, we look solid at LB. Rufus and Latimer are back. What will be interesting is Ingram's replacement. We had a great LB class last year so we'll plug somebody in fairly easily.

I think our d-line will also be exceptional. Even though Dusty's gone, we got the Bird back, Thib, and John Williams in the rotation. Demarcus Granger will be a force in the middle, even though hes a freshman. Pendleton was solid last year.

The secondary looks a little sketchy but I think Reggie Smith will be very solid at safety and Marcus Walker will be healthy again. Smith made some bonehead freshman decisions but also showed some flashes of brilliance. But that's only two positions. The rest of it will be interesting.

Overall I think we will be about the same as we were this year, perhaps a little better. Rufus will be a force to be reckoned with and our DEs should put lots of pressure on some people.

BASSooner
1/9/2006, 01:32 AM
Word has it that reggie smith is goin to Corner

BASSooner
1/9/2006, 01:33 AM
who are good nominees for safety? will baker move?

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 02:20 AM
who are good nominees for safety? will baker move?

Baker is supposed to stay, but Darrien Williams played some last year and I think they will take a good look at him. He actually won the game for us against Tech, but the officials spotted the ball a yard and a half away from where Williams tackled the dude so...

MojoRisen
1/9/2006, 10:38 AM
Baker is supposed to stay, but Darrien Williams played some last year and I think they will take a good look at him. He actually won the game for us against Tech, but the officials spotted the ball a yard and a half away from where Williams tackled the dude so...

Patterson and Reynolds at LB- do you think they will challenge Lattimer? I know Lattimer was a 5 star recruit but I did not see him being dominant enough in the middle, maybe move him outside?

Doged
1/9/2006, 12:03 PM
Patterson and Reynolds at LB- do you think they will challenge Lattimer? I know Lattimer was a 5 star recruit but I did not see him being dominant enough in the middle, maybe move him outside?

Patterson, Reynolds and Lofton should all make some noise next season. Lofton is actually the best prospect for inside dominance, I think. With this much talent at LB it'll be interesting to see what mix we end up fielding.