PDA

View Full Version : Day-O, Day-ay-ay-O...

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2006, 11:40 PM
Belafonte's a crazy Mo-Fo.
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/belafonte.jpg

Belafonte led a delegation of Americans including actor Danny Glover, Princeton University "scholar" Cornel West and farmworker advocate Dolores Huerta that met the Venezuelan president for more than six hours late Saturday and attended his television and radio broadcast on Sunday.

“No matter what the greatest tyrant in the world, the greatest terrorist in the world, George W Bush says, we’re here to tell you: Not hundreds, not thousands, but millions of the American people ... support your revolution,” Belafonte told Mr Chavez during the broadcast.

“We respect you, admire you, and we are expressing our full solidarity with the Venezuelan people and your revolution.”

The 78-year-old singer, famed for his calypso-inspired music, including the Day-O song, was a close collaborator of the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr and is now a UNICEF goodwill ambassador.http://www9.sbs.com.au/theworldnews/region.php?id=126718&region=4

soonerscuba
1/9/2006, 12:01 AM
Osama bin Laden is an Uncle Tom.

anybody?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2006, 01:38 AM
Another shining example of the Hollyweird left. Does anyone really take him seriously?

Widescreen
1/9/2006, 08:45 AM
Hugo Chavez does. Belafonte and Glover are pretty much at the top of the list of Hollywood leftist-dictator-loving wackos. Jimmy Carter is right there with them in terms of supporting these types of rulers and going overseas to slam our President.

crawfish
1/9/2006, 08:49 AM
What is it about violent, bloody dictators that leftists just love?

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 09:13 AM
What is it about violent, bloody dictators that leftists just love?

Its called tolerance and unity my friend.

The one thing you can say about leftist heros who were bloody dictators like Stalin, Mao, Castro or Saddam is that they knew how to bring people together.

Usually in small rooms where they were gassed, beaten or tortured to death, but together nevertheless.

LoyalFan
1/9/2006, 10:46 AM
No prob. I've sent Harry a gift; a beautiful bunch o' ripe ba-na-na that hide de deadly black t'ranch-la.
Guess he smoked to many nanner peels or sumpin'.
Still, you gotta love the Banana Boat Song scene in "Beetlejuice".
LF

oumartin
1/9/2006, 10:52 AM
and to think I liked his christmas songs.
I'm boycotting

VeeJay
1/9/2006, 11:09 AM
That picture is going to bring out the best in Pat Robertson. Just you wait....

Taxman71
1/9/2006, 11:13 AM
I heard Danny Glover speak in OKC a year or two back, he is waaaayyyyyyy out there.

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 11:16 AM
<yawn>

Widescreen
1/9/2006, 11:18 AM
<yawn>
<yawn>

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 11:19 AM
<yawn>

You bored with Tuba too?

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 11:28 AM
I heard Danny Glover speak in OKC a year or two back, he is waaaayyyyyyy out there.

I doubt he is as wacked out as Belafonte.

* In June 2000, Belafonte was a featured speaker at a rally in Castro's Cuba, honoring the American Soviet spies, Ethel and Julius Rosenberg. Tears, one observer reported, "streaked down" Belafonte's face, "as he recalled the pain and humiliation his friend [Paul] Robeson had been forced to endure" in 1950s America. Undoubtedly, he was pleased to hear Cuba presented "as an example of keeping the principles the Rosenbergs fought and died for alive."
* In 1997, Belafonte was featured speaker at the 60th Anniversary celebration of the "Veterans of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade," at which he honored these self-proclaimed "premature anti-fascists" who served in the mid-1930s as Stalin's private Comintern army, a battalion (not a brigade) that served as enforcers of Soviet policy during the Spanish Civil War. To Belafonte, nothing had changed since the 1930s. The VALB was still representatives of "a truth that engulfed the universe . . . that fascism anywhere is a threat to people everywhere."

He did not pause to remind the aging vets that their anti-fascism disappeared overnight after their return home - when the remaining soldiers got the news about the Nazi-Soviet Pact in 1939, and quickly declared that the only enemy was FDR's warmongering and Great Britain.

* Speaking in October 1983 at a "World Peace Concert" run by East Germany's official Communist youth organization, Belafonte gave his blessings to the Soviet-sponsored "peace" campaign pushing unilateral Western disarmament, at a time when the Soviets were putting SS-20 missiles in East Germany.

As The New York Times reported, Belafonte "attacked the American invasion of Grenada and also criticized the scheduled NATO weapons deployment" of Pershing 2 missiles in West Germany, which Jimmy Carter and then Ronald Reagan deployed to offset the Soviet missile offensive.

Belafonte, in other words, was supporting the Soviet bloc in its Cold War with the United States. And he was doing so in full embrace with the East German prison state. Here, where the notorious secret police, the Stasi, ruled by waging a perpetual witch-hunt against the entire population - Belafonte had only love and good wishes for their success.

No wonder that the late Leo Cherne, head of the International Rescue Committee, rejected Belafonte's being honored. "I happen to have some reservations about Belafonte," he wrote one of the IRC's board, "I have found him . . . beyond my tastes for the elements of left-wing predisposition. He played a significant relief role in Ethiopia at a time when Ethiopia was under the control of the left wing dictator Mengistu, at the very time that the Castro military forces were playing an active support role."

To Harry Belafonte, Castro is a freedom fighter and Colin Powell and Condi Rice merely "house slaves." Ever the diplomat, Colin Powell responded to Belafonte's blast by calling the singer his "friend," and noting that the slave analogy was from another time and place and was simply "unfortunate." Secretary Powell should take to heart the simple adage, with friends like that...

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=4154

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 11:30 AM
Another shining example of the Hollyweird left. Does anyone really take him seriously?

Tuba does, apparently.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 11:33 AM
Tuba does, apparently.
Mental illness among the "famous" is always an interesting read.

C&CDean
1/9/2006, 11:36 AM
I always laugh when I think of Glover and Gibson. Lefty and righty. Blacky and whitey. Whacko and whacky.

Belafonte is just plain insane. He's not even funny.

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 11:44 AM
Mental illness among the "famous" is always an interesting read.

It's the law of unintended consequences. By forwarding this along you're giving these guys even more publicity, which is what they want in the first place. If everybody just ignored them they might shut up.

Widescreen
1/9/2006, 11:49 AM
It's the law of unintended consequences. By forwarding this along you're giving these guys even more publicity, which is what they want in the first place. If everybody just ignored them they might shut up.
I've ignored the heck out of them for the last 30 years. Hasn't made them shut up yet. Come on everyone, put them on your ignore list.

1stTimeCaller
1/9/2006, 11:57 AM
I don't see what the problem is...

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 12:29 PM
I've ignored the heck out of them for the last 30 years. Hasn't made them shut up yet. Come on everyone, put them on your ignore list.

The only reason I knew anything about this is because Tuba told me. He's helping to spread their message.

TUSooner
1/9/2006, 12:39 PM
Belafonte's a crazy Mo-Fo.

Did you know that if you go to MOFO.com you get a big law firm's website?

I got nuthin'

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 12:42 PM
Not so much "spreading" their message as much as educating for the greater good.

If I can help educate just one person to see the stupidity and mental illness prevalent in people who think and act like belecommie, than I have done my job.

crawfish
1/9/2006, 01:04 PM
The big question is, what does Carrie Underwood think?

C&CDean
1/9/2006, 01:13 PM
The big question is, what does Carrie Underwood think?

Uh, dude, she doesn't.

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 01:17 PM
Uh, dude, she doesn't.

We're not looking at her brains.

C&CDean
1/9/2006, 01:18 PM
Oh.

1/9/2006, 03:14 PM
I always laugh when I think of Glover and Gibson. Lefty and righty. Blacky and whitey. Whacko and whacky.

Belafonte is just plain insane. He's not even funny.Please explain the comparison of Glover and Gibson. How is Gibson "whacky"?

C&CDean
1/9/2006, 03:19 PM
Please explain the comparison of Glover and Gibson. How is Gibson "whacky"?

I like Gibson. However, dude is whacked. If I have to explain to you why/how, then you have much deeper problems than the rest of us.

Pricetag
1/9/2006, 03:21 PM
Please explain the comparison of Glover and Gibson. How is Gibson "whacky"?
Have you seen a picture of the dude recently?

Sam Spade
1/9/2006, 03:32 PM
Oh, Lord...I wish I could weigh in...

:(

1/9/2006, 03:43 PM
I like Gibson. However, dude is whacked. If I have to explain to you why/how, then you have much deeper problems than the rest of us.I am probably naive on the subject of Mel Gibson's whackiness. Someone also asked if I've seen him lately. Dunno what that means, either. S'pose I could Google it, but would appreciate an answer(really)

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 03:47 PM
He has become supa religous lately. I guess that could be what people mean by whacky.

1stTimeCaller
1/9/2006, 03:59 PM
what's the problem with Belafonte's views again?

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 04:04 PM

Tuba's views =/= Belafonte's views

Therefore Belafonte's views are whack.

Widescreen
1/9/2006, 04:04 PM
You are just bound and determined.... :D

1stTimeCaller
1/9/2006, 04:09 PM
I guess I should quit before I get thrown in the hoosegow.

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 04:09 PM
He has become supa religous lately. I guess that could be what people mean by whacky.

I read a pop-psyhcoanalyis of Gibson back when The Passion came out. It pointed out how his films tend to be extremely violent and/or revenge fantasies.

His father is definitely nutty:

During his lengthy radio interview, Hutton Gibson, 85, said Jews were out to create "one world religion and one world government" and outlined a conspiracy theory involving Jewish bankers, the US Federal Reserve and the Vatican, among others.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/19/1077072756433.html

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 04:47 PM

I'm sure thats the ONLY reason they are whack then, huh?

:rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 04:49 PM
I read a pop-psyhcoanalyis of Gibson back when The Passion came out. It pointed out how his films tend to be extremely violent and/or revenge fantasies.

His father is definitely nutty:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/19/1077072756433.htmlSame could be said of a lot of actors.

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 05:03 PM
Same could be said of a lot of actors.

And a lot of actors are nutjobs.

Pricetag
1/9/2006, 05:53 PM

Honestly, out of all the **** ant third world dictators to buddy up to, Chavez would be the last one I'd pick if so inclined. I'm not one to immediately attack a celebrity for speaking out against our leaders, but when I saw it was Crazy Hugo, I had to :rolleyes: .