PDA

View Full Version : Pac 10 handicapper/homer Patrick Bartucci

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 06:31 PM
oops
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/births/2005/dec/23/519866310.html

The point spread has been bet up to anywhere from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 points in Las Vegas sports books, but Bartucci thinks USC -- which he considers arguably the best team in college football history -- will cover with ease. He predicts a final score of USC 44, Texas 27.

Texas and its Big 12 Conference counterparts play a "slower, more primitive brand of football" than the Trojans and their Pac-10 opponents, Bartucci said. The Longhorns stand little chance against USC's superior size, speed, depth, strength and coaching, he said.

* Holiday Bowl, Dec. 29, play on Oregon minus 3 points against Oklahoma: The Ducks have won seven games in a row and will be motivated to prove they belong in a more prominent bowl game, according to Bartucci's analysis.

"They feel slighted by the BCS, and they're going to show that Oklahoma is not on the same level as them," said Bartucci, who is online at patricksfreepress.com. "Haloti Ngata, the conference's defensive player of the year, in that defensive line is going to be too much for Oklahoma."

Oregon has scored 27 or more points in every game but one -- a 43-13 loss to USC -- and when the Sooners went up against a Pac-10 opponent, they were soundly defeated by UCLA in September, Bartucci pointed out.
He went 1-3 in Pac 10 bowl games. I knew this guy was nothing more than a homer when he said that the Big 12 plays a slower, more primitive brand of ball. That's amazing when you consider that not only has the Big 12 dominated the Pac 10 over the last few years, but that you have teams like Texas Tech, Missouri, Texas, Texas A&M, etc. that are practically running spread offenses. Not to mention Nebraska in the West Coast and OU has produced a heisman trophy QB in the last couple of years. It's amazing that somebody that considers themselves a professional actually buys into that.

TheLadiesMike
1/8/2006, 06:35 PM
Wow, we almost held Oregon to a season low - take away that "ball 10 yards out of bounds interference call" and we do hold them to the low.

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 07:07 PM
It is so disgusting to see these types of "homers' while we maintain our pledge to absolute objectivity on Soonerfans...it is just dissappointing....

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 07:08 PM
It is so disgusting to see these types of "homers' while we maintain our pledge to absolute objectivity on Soonerfans...it is just dissappointing....
why is it that, when I give someone spek, they post something even better right afterwards?

ruf/nekdad
1/8/2006, 07:44 PM
:D

TXBOOMER
1/8/2006, 07:50 PM

LOL! :D

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 08:17 PM
Difference is that none of us are being paid to be homers like this guy is.

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 08:19 PM
Difference is that none of us are being paid to be homers like this guy is.

You guys aren't paid to be on here....oh.....

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 08:20 PM
ATX paid to be here.

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 08:24 PM
ATX paid to be here.
Where's my money? :eddie:

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 08:27 PM

You sound like Vince...

GDC
1/8/2006, 08:29 PM
ATX is the least unacceptable of a most unacceptable group, none of the rest of whom kick in for the privilege of posting here.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 08:31 PM
I said YOU paid.

Aren't you a sponsor?

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 08:33 PM
I said YOU paid.

Aren't you a sponsor?
Oops. Thought there was an "is" in that sentence.

Still...where's my money? :mad:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/8/2006, 09:12 PM
ATX is the least unacceptable of a most unacceptable group, none of the rest of whom kick in for the privilege of posting here.

why do you hate sponsors?

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 09:23 PM
Yep...this guy missed everything..what a loser. ATX did you email him a copy of this to show him how off he was? His site says "emails welcome" really big at the bottom.