PDA

View Full Version : eli manning

fadada1
1/8/2006, 03:37 PM
would somebody please enlighten me as to why everyone thinks this kid is so good??? aside from his name, i don't see anything. somebody needs to realize that tiki barber is the reason they made it to the playoffs. kinda makes him look foolish (more so than he already was) for holding out on san diego... what a waterhead.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:40 PM
I think he will be good.

He's only two years in.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 03:40 PM
would somebody please enlighten me as to why everyone thinks this kid is so good??? aside from his name, i don't see anything. somebody needs to realize that tiki barber is the reason they made it to the playoffs. kinda makes him look foolish (more so than he already was) for holding out on san diego... what a waterhead.Ha, then he fumbles

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 03:41 PM
Jason White did beat him out for almost, if not all the major college awards. Musta been a reason or two.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:45 PM
Jason White did beat him out for almost, if not all the major college awards. Musta been a reason or two.
White did have more talent around him.

White had an edge on national televison appearances also.

Sooner_Bob
1/8/2006, 03:46 PM
I really wish Jason had two good knees . . .

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:47 PM
no doubt.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 03:47 PM

White had an edge on national televison appearances also.He also DOMINATED Eli's stats. Actually, statistically speaking Jason had one of the best seasons in the history of College Football, in that 2003 season.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 03:48 PM

White had an edge on national televison appearances also.
true, but now manning has more talent than white did. and i'm still unimpressed. sorry, i just don't see it.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:48 PM
more talent does equate to better stats usually.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:49 PM
true, but now manning has more talent than white did. and i'm still unimpressed. sorry, i just don't see it.
he's also facing defenses that White didn't.

I'm starting to catch on around here.

Everybody sucks that wasn't a former Sooner:D

fadada1
1/8/2006, 03:50 PM
Everybody sucks that wasn't a former Sooner:D
what's your point?:D

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 03:53 PM
more talent does equate to better stats usually.Wow, genius.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 03:54 PM
he's also facing defenses that White didn't.

I'm starting to catch on around here.

Everybody sucks that wasn't a former Sooner:DI'm begining to catch on to a few things too.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 03:55 PM
would somebody please enlighten me as to why everyone thinks this kid is so good??? aside from his name, i don't see anything. somebody needs to realize that tiki barber is the reason they made it to the playoffs. kinda makes him look foolish (more so than he already was) for holding out on san diego... what a waterhead.
Oh..trust me I realize Tiki had a hella good season. I had Tiki on my fantasy football lineup every week except the Giants bye week. He's the main reason I made it to my fantasy leagues Super Bowl game. If it weren't for Tiki..Eli wouldn't have posted near the stats that he had this year. I had Peyton Manning as my starter and used him every week but the Colts' bye week. I dropped Aaron Brooks early in the season and picked up Eli Manning as my backup QB after he had a stellar performance against somebody. But Eli still seems awfully inconsistent at this point in his career. I had to use Eli in my Super Bowl and I contribute my loss to Eli and the fact that had the Colts remained undefeated I could have used Peyton in the super bowl. :mad:

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:57 PM
I'm begining to catch on to a few things too.
Dang Ron.

I've tried not to be hard when I thought you were captain obvious.

walkoffsooner
1/8/2006, 03:58 PM
Its just like the real world a little help goes along way. Sims, manning they will have to prove the can't play White had to prove he could.

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 04:04 PM
If his last name was Jones he probably wasn't a first round draft pick. He's an average QB at best IMO.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 04:06 PM
If his last name was Jones he probably wasn't a first round draft pick. He's an average QB at best IMO.
I can agree with the first part.

2nd part......

You said the same thing about VY.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 04:11 PM
I'd have to doubt that VY is ever greater than average in the NFL.

Jimminy Crimson
1/8/2006, 04:12 PM

Jason's two bad knees forced him to become the Heisman winning quarterback.

Not saying we don't do as well with no injuries to him, or that he doesn't go on to win the stiff armed trophy, just that his injuries helped him become the football player we came to know and love.

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 04:13 PM
I've seen Manning play the last 2 years a lot because he's on TV a lot he's never been a good QB. This year he actually had recievers(a healthy Shockey and Burress along with Toomer and others) and he's actually worse this year then he was last year. I think he threw 10 INTs his last 5 games or something like that.

Also I'm not sure how Young's skills equate to the NFL right now. I don't know if he'll ever be better then average in the NFL as a QB. Now as a WR or TE he could be dominant IMO.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 04:14 PM
I'd have to doubt that VY is ever greater than average in the NFL.
it wasn't and "NFL" average.

Nick said he was NCAA average.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 04:19 PM
I've seen Manning play the last 2 years a lot because he's on TV a lot he's never been a good QB. This year he actually had recievers(a healthy Shockey and Burress along with Toomer and others) and he's actually worse this year then he was last year. I think he threw 10 INTs his last 5 games or something like that.

Also I'm not sure how Young's skills equate to the NFL right now. I don't know if he'll ever be better then average in the NFL as a QB. Now as a WR or TE he could be dominant IMO.
And a lot of defenses double teamed Burress...which should have made for many more completions to Toomer or Shockey.

mrowl
1/8/2006, 04:21 PM
I love watching the Giants suck ***. :D

Sooner_Bob
1/8/2006, 05:06 PM
Jason's two bad knees forced him to become the Heisman winning quarterback.

Not saying we don't do as well with no injuries to him, or that he doesn't go on to win the stiff armed trophy, just that his injuries helped him become the football player we came to know and love.

Yeah I know that, but we'll never know if he could've done the same things with two good knees.