PDA

View Full Version : Okay, you all know about the horrible thing a Tulsa preacher did last week...

Okla-homey
1/8/2006, 02:29 PM
Ours did something worse today. He's a :texan: and he had the audacity to have a yeller rose in a bud vase on the pulpit with a burnt orange ribbon tied around it. Said something about "its a once in 35 years thing and please let me revel in the moment."

If he'd have said "hook 'em" I think we would have rushed the podium and drowned him in the baptistry.

See, this is exactly the sort of thing I had hoped to avoid with a SC victory. I hope you wHorn pullers are happy.:mad:

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2006, 02:30 PM
Derron did that?

Get a rope.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 02:32 PM
A couple of years ago I was giving announcements at our church service down here.

I didn't say a word, but I had the OU and UT logos on the back of my 'announcement' with the score in large font.

I guess it goes both ways.

Our pastor is an aggie fan and when they beat us he had all kinds of stuff up there just for me. I prefer the subtle approach.

Okla-homey
1/8/2006, 02:38 PM
Derron did that?

Get a rope.

yep, and once during the sermon, he used a certain hand gesture when introducing his two main points.:mad: :eek:

picasso
1/8/2006, 02:46 PM
which service did you attend Homey? we were at the 11am. place was packed. big mistake.:D

dolemitesooner
1/8/2006, 02:47 PM
I would have stood up and said something...Then I would have never gone back to the church where a gawd damn horn sat on the pulpit

GDC
1/8/2006, 02:47 PM
I guess that guy punched out the wrong preacher the other day.

StoopTroup
1/8/2006, 02:50 PM
One word Homey....

Anathema :D

picasso
1/8/2006, 02:52 PM
I would have stood up and said something...Then I would have never gone back to the church where a gawd damn horn sat on the pulpit
you could have verbally assaulted him Doleo. he's not nearly as smart as you's is.

dolemitesooner
1/8/2006, 02:54 PM
you could have verbally assaulted him Doleo. he's not nearly as smart as you's is.
not many people are

BajaOklahoma
1/8/2006, 03:05 PM
Homey,
I would have loudly replied "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as once every 35 years?"
Okay, I changed it a little to fit. :O

Okla-homey
1/8/2006, 03:14 PM
which service did you attend Homey? we were at the 11am. place was packed. big mistake.:D

1100. You must have gotten there late...the texass bragging happened early.

picasso
1/8/2006, 03:23 PM
oh no, I heard all of it. but we did roll in about starting time.
he's a funny cat to go along with his intelligent practical views. my brother said he's a master of theology.

Okla-homey
1/8/2006, 03:30 PM
oh no, I heard all of it. but we did roll in about starting time.
he's a funny cat to go along with his intelligent practical views. my brother said he's a master of theology.

his undergrad is in business.

jk the sooner fan
1/8/2006, 04:25 PM
i wonder if he noticed the sharp drop in tithings.......

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2006, 04:42 PM
Derron is great, even for a whorn.

He married my wife and I. Now I know why he threatened to quit after seeing my big *** OU groom's cake. ;)

william_brasky
1/8/2006, 07:19 PM
He married my wife and I.

that's an interesting sentence.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 07:52 PM
A couple of years ago I was giving announcements at our church service down here.

I didn't say a word, but I had the OU and UT logos on the back of my 'announcement' with the score in large font.

I guess it goes both ways.

Our pastor is an aggie fan and when they beat us he had all kinds of stuff up there just for me. I prefer the subtle approach.
I dished it out.

I can take it.