PDA

View Full Version : This may be your lucky day

Hook 'Em Horns
1/8/2006, 11:34 AM
The Houston Chronicle is reporting at 3:00 today Vince Young will announce he's going pro.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 11:40 AM
i'll believe it when i see it. but i think it's his best move. nothing worse than coming back your senior year to get bitchslapped by OU:D

see your roy williams.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 11:41 AM
i'll believe it when i see it. but i think it's his best move. nothing worse than coming back your senior year to get bitchslapped by OU:D

see your roy williams.
that entire senior class never beat OU

Hook 'Em Horns
1/8/2006, 11:43 AM
Early reports say he will hire Steve McNair and Brett Favre's agent.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 11:46 AM
that means he'll either be hurt all the time, or a hall of famer.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2006, 11:50 AM

Good thing McNair is his idol and not Ricky Williams. Rappers aren't very good agents.

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 11:51 AM
but i think it's his best move. nothing worse than coming back your senior year to get bitchslapped by OU

Yeah right!!!

I guess this puts us in a "rebuilding year", like OU of last year. The rrs will, now, be a good game this year.

westcoast_sooner
1/8/2006, 12:00 PM
While I'm there, might as well get the link...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3573146.html

King Crimson
1/8/2006, 12:00 PM
mojo: would you honestly say that Vince has never been bitchslapped by Oklahoma?

yes or no.

Penguin
1/8/2006, 12:03 PM
The Texans are saying that they still want Bush. I hope they're not making a mistake. Carr seems to be a bust and you don't exactly need a talented O-line to protect VY.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 12:12 PM
While I'm there, might as well get the link...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3573146.html
in addition to His other duties, apparently God has entered the realm of "giving the thumbs up" to prospective NFL draftees. glad to hear that. these fine young men will surely have a seat next to the creator when that time comes.

jk the sooner fan
1/8/2006, 12:19 PM
good for him, he's earned the millions he's about to get......he'd be stupid to go back to college, he'll never have a higher stock than he does right now

he'll probably be a titan...

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 12:29 PM
mojo: would you honestly say that Vince has never been bitchslapped by Oklahoma?

yes or no.

What the hell does the past have to do with the present?

That's like saying since we "bitchslapped" Bomar last year, that we will automatically do it again.

Be honest with yourself...your happy that Vince is in the pros and so am I...he desrves it. Our rebuilding year was coming sooner or later, so we might as well get it over with.

King crimpson...nevermind...waste of F**king time!!!!

Scotty
1/8/2006, 12:32 PM
he'll probably be a titan...

Or maybe a saint. In that case, Leinhart would be reunited with Chow. Would NO take vince, though? Have they said who they are talking about yet?

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:33 PM
Be honest with yourself...your happy that Vince is in the pros and so am I...he desrves it. Our rebuilding year was coming sooner or later, so we might as well get it over with.
Wishing him well is different than wanting him gone.

If you really WANT him to go, you are an idiot of a horn fan.

King Crimson
1/8/2006, 12:35 PM
automatically is your word, mojo. i'm just saying there's no reason we have to quake in fear of your steer posturing.

did you mis-spell my username on purpose, to create some kind of "smacktalk"?

i think i'm going to have to crawl back into bed, weep, and suck my thumb....what a wordsmith you are.

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 12:41 PM
Wishing him well is different than wanting him gone.

If you really WANT him to go, you are an idiot of a horn fan.

I did not say I wanted him in the pros. I AM HAPPY FOR HIM!!!

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:45 PM
Be honest with yourself...your happy that Vince is in the pros and so am I...he desrves it.
ignoring the several mistakes.........you stated that you are happy Vince is in the Pros.

Perhaps you worded it wrong, but it's beyond just being happy for him.

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 12:46 PM
automatically is your word, mojo. i'm just saying there's no reason we have to quake in fear of your steer posturing.

did you mis-spell my username on purpose, to create some kind of "smacktalk"?

i think i'm going to have to crawl back into bed, weep, and suck my thumb....what a wordsmith you are.

That was a typo...sorry. CRIMPSON? If I was smacking, Maybe HOMER CRIMSON, King Simpson...something like that, not crimpson. I wouldn't resort to smack talk though. That is for sooner folk!!!LOL

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 12:48 PM

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, we'll be lucky to see a QB with a losing record against OU leave. :rolleyes:

OUTrumpet
1/8/2006, 12:51 PM
So just a question - who is going to be :mack: 's qb next year? Doesn't Nordgrin graduate?

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 12:53 PM
So just a question - who is going to be :mack: 's qb next year? Doesn't Nordgrin graduate?
yeah. Either snead or the applewhite-wannabe, colt mccoy will start

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, we'll be lucky to see a QB with a losing record against OU leave. :rolleyes:

Bomar has a losing record against UT. What are you saying? Do I have to explain to you? Young or Mccoy/Snead/Harris? Not one Sooner would pick Young...thats all I'm saying.:rolleyes:

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 12:59 PM
yeah. Either snead or the applewhite-wannabe, colt mccoy will start

Also, Sherrod Harris, out of Arlington. Never seen him play.

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 01:06 PM
Also, Sherrod Harris, out of Arlington. Never seen him play.
Well they won't be NEAR as good as VY. We'll never see a QB like VY again. Funny how people consider snead to be "the second coming"...psh yeah, of chris simms:D

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 01:08 PM
Bomar has a losing record against UT. What are you saying? :rolleyes:Let's talk again when Bomar's career is over, k?

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 01:16 PM
Well they won't be NEAR as good as VY. We'll never see a QB like VY again. Funny how people consider snead to be "the second coming"...psh yeah, of chris simms:D

I've never heard the comparisons between Snead and Simms. I was never a fan of Simms...too inconsistent. No one will ever be as good as Vince and what he meant for our offense. Good thing he didn;t play defense. The only positives we have next year are our running game and defense...oh yeah, and we have some experienced receivers. We just have to find someone that can get the ball to those guys.

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 01:20 PM
Let's talk again when Bomar's career is over, k?

And you never answered my question! You made a comment that implyed that you would like Vince to come back...I don't believe you.

As far as Bomar...he has improved a great deal this year and will have success...I wasn't knocking him.

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 01:27 PM
I've never heard the comparisons between Snead and Simms. I was never a fan of Simms...too inconsistent. No one will ever be as good as Vince and what he meant for our offense. Good thing he didn;t play defense. The only positives we have next year are our running game and defense...oh yeah, and we have some experienced receivers. We just have to find someone that can get the ball to those guys.
I've seen him play from the stands. He's average at passing from the pocket, pretty good out of the pocket but SUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSS at scrambling. Good cannon though.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 01:30 PM
Good thing McNair is his idol and not Ricky Williams. Rappers aren't very good agents.
That's what I was thinkin

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 01:35 PM
I've seen him play from the stands. He's average at passing from the pocket, pretty good out of the pocket but SUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSS at scrambling. Good cannon though.

I must of missed it! Which one are you talking about? Snead, Harris, or Mccoy?

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2006, 01:37 PM
I'd like to mention in passing that any time I see "LOL" on a computer screen I just automatically reduce my impression of the poster's IQ by about 20.

Either you're funny enough for people to figure out what's supposed to be funny or you're not. I don't recall reading "Twelfth Night" and seeing the passages where the Bard wrote "verily, I nearly shat myself laughing at my own wit here."

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 01:40 PM
I must of missed it! Which one are you talking about? Snead, Harris, or Mccoy?
snead

mojohornfan
1/8/2006, 01:50 PM
snead

Yeah, I heard he can scramble but will not be a threat to run...ever. Harris is suppose to be the dual threat, but I haven't heard much about him.

On second thought, I hope Vince is playing a joke on us and is coming back.

TXBOOMER
1/8/2006, 01:56 PM
The Houston Chronicle is reporting at 3:00 today Vince Young will announce he's going pro.

Is it going to be televised?

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 01:59 PM
Is it going to be televised?
It was going to...but some unnamed longhorn players stole all the camera equipment and TV's needed to put the broadcast together. ;)

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 02:00 PM
its on ESPN they said he is to enter the draft

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 02:02 PM
na na na na........na na na na......hey hey hey........goodbye

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 02:05 PM
They had a nice run.

The Ensuing Kickoff
1/8/2006, 02:08 PM
Good.

WestAustinSooner
1/8/2006, 02:11 PM
I hereby predict that OU kicks the living sheet out of texas in '06!

The theme for texas from today on: ONE and DONE!

trwxxa
1/8/2006, 02:13 PM
Or maybe a saint. In that case, Leinhart would be reunited with Chow. Would NO take vince, though? Have they said who they are talking about yet?

I think he is a Titan. The Saints want a QB to step in right away as they think their 3-13 year was an aberration and they feel Leinhart (or Cutler from Vanderbilt) is the best way to go.

The Titans are undergoing a major rebuild and McNair does not have much time left. They can let Young spend a year holding a clipboard and learn how to take a snap from under center, drop back and then read the defense..

As for the Texans, if they keep the #1 and not take Young, they have a big sales job. Their still catching **** for not drafting Derrick Johnson last year.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 02:14 PM
EDIT: Just found this on espn.com:

Longhorns junior quarterback Vince Young will declare for the NFL draft at a 4 p.m. news conference Sunday, his godmother told The Dallas Morning News.

Young and his mother, Felicia, met with Young's pastor, Samuel H. Smith, in Houston on Sunday before making the decision, Yolande Levine told The Morning News

According to Levine, Young was on his way to Austin to tell Texas coach Mack Brown his decision to go pro.

"After that performance in the Rose Bowl, I think we all kind of knew which way he was going to go," Levine told the newspaper.

Team and league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the Texans will pass on Young, a Houston native, and select USC running back Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, pending the formality of Bush announcing that he is turning pro.

Almost nothing will change that course, the sources told Mortensen.

The Texans will pick up an $8 million option on quarterback David Carr, who was the expansion team's first draft pick four years ago. Texans owner Bob McNair made the decision after getting extensive evaluations from various sources that strongly endorsed Carr, including a favorable report from Dan Reeves, the former longtime NFL coach hired last month as a consultant.

USC's Matt Leinart, who could have been the first pick a year ago had he turned pro after his junior season, still remains the consensus top quarterback in the NFL draft, even if Young comes out. For Leinart, he is likely to be the choice of the New Orleans Saints at No. 2 with Young projected to the Tennessee Titans at No. 3.

Steve McNair, who has been mentoring Young, including a visit to watch the Rose Bowl, will be lobbying the Titans to select Young with the third pick, Mortensen reported. Of course, McNair has to re-sign with the Titans for that to happen.

Leinart also would be desirable to Tennessee, where his former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow is now calling plays for the Titans.

BillyBall
1/8/2006, 02:17 PM
The Texans need to trade down for 200 offensive linemen...

picasso
1/8/2006, 02:17 PM
will he be wearing his shower cap at the press conference?

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 02:18 PM
will he be wearing his shower cap at the press conference?
I thought that was an oversized condom?

Blitzkrieg
1/8/2006, 02:18 PM
We were 1-2 versus him, it's not like he beat us 5 in a row or anything.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 02:20 PM
no we were 2-1...Vince had a "1 Pete" against us. heh

BillyBall
1/8/2006, 02:20 PM

1-2???

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 02:21 PM
you mean 2-1?

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2006, 02:24 PM
I'd like to mention in passing that any time I see "LOL" on a computer screen I just automatically reduce my impression of the poster's IQ by about 20.

Either you're funny enough for people to figure out what's supposed to be funny or you're not. I don't recall reading "Twelfth Night" and seeing the passages where the Bard wrote "verily, I nearly shat myself laughing at my own wit here."

lol. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15951&highlight=LOL)

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 02:28 PM
lol

picasso
1/8/2006, 02:30 PM
he never beat us with his feet but his sling shot arm tore us a new one this year.

snp
1/8/2006, 02:35 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This thread is now about the RRS victory celebration station.

I can't believe some of you are acting as if this isn't a big deal. He is more important to the team then Jason White was to us.

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 02:36 PM
If he turns pro he is a smart guy....

boomrsoonr
1/8/2006, 02:37 PM
Our rebuilding year was coming sooner or later, so we might as well get it over with.

I guess, by your thinking, UT has been rebuilding for the last 6 years. Glad they finally got it done. Now it'll be another 6 years before they can do anything.

I can't believe so many of you are putting so much stock into Vince Young. He's not unbeatable. We've done it twice out of 3 tries. Including a shut-out that hadn't happened in a bunch of years.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 02:37 PM
He is more important to the team then Jason White was to us.
I don't agree there.

But we'll see if they stumble like we did without him.

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 02:39 PM
Any local coverage of press conference ???

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 02:43 PM
Any local coverage of press conference ???
wouldn't know.

I'm not changing channels for horn news:D

picasso
1/8/2006, 02:43 PM
word has it there will be an orange shower cap and an NFL cap. he will make his decision known by which one he puts on his head.

GDC
1/8/2006, 02:53 PM

Our lucky day is when you get banned again, for good.

devOUt
1/8/2006, 02:57 PM

Th Houston Chronicle is also reporting a hornfan meltdown at 3:01 today.

GDC
1/8/2006, 02:58 PM
Mack's working on a brand new list of Texcuses as we read this...and I bet he's wishing he really could answer this one for Vince.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 02:59 PM
There was a WHOLE lot of wind while VY was tring to make his mind up.

jk the sooner fan
1/8/2006, 03:00 PM
Mack will say

"i want to apologize to all texas fans for the ride being over so quickly, i hope you enjoyed it while it lasted"

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 03:02 PM
I bet he's got a fish on two separate poles............

Blues1
1/8/2006, 03:04 PM
And MSN say's

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10764298/

keep R'

Ban One Sooner
1/8/2006, 03:08 PM
The only positives we have next year are our running game and defense...oh yeah, and we have some experienced receivers.

Your running game just left for the NFL. Let's see if any of those RB's can average 4 yds/carry next year without Young in the lineup.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 03:43 PM
Mack will say

"i want to apologize to all texas fans for the ride being over so quickly, i hope you enjoyed it while it lasted"
Or it will go like this.

So Vince which will it be..back to UT for another year or turning pro?

Well.....

Abruptly interrupted by...

Let me answer this one Vince...Vince has decided he will stay another year

Ummm, coach that's not....

Abruptly interrupted again by...

[Vince]Yeah..that's right, you all heard me, Vince is back next year! (just nod and smile Vince or I'm gonna kiss you)[/Mack]

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2006, 03:53 PM
whornfans.com server is overloaded.

Suprise, suprise, suprise!
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/jim-nabors-c.jpg

Mile High Sooner
1/8/2006, 03:58 PM
Vince,
So long and thanks for all the fish...

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2006, 04:00 PM
lol. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15951&highlight=LOL)

Er, yeah, see, that thread was making fun of the fact that about six different people had linked the penis pump story before that.

OKC-SLC
1/8/2006, 04:01 PM
froz, it's cool. we all know you're really a 14 year old girl, what with the lol and all.

i keed.

GreaterState
1/8/2006, 04:02 PM
I think he is a Titan. The Saints want a QB to step in right away as they think their 3-13 year was an aberration and they feel Leinhart (or Cutler from Vanderbilt) is the best way to go.

The Titans are undergoing a major rebuild and McNair does not have much time left. They can let Young spend a year holding a clipboard and learn how to take a snap from under center, drop back and then read the defense..

As for the Texans, if they keep the #1 and not take Young, they have a big sales job. Their still catching **** for not drafting Derrick Johnson last year.

I think he's a Titan too. McNair has been a big mentor for VY (especially in light of his estrangement from his father) and if I were speculating, some of the behind-the-scenes talk might have had to do with him being assured he would go there and get to come up under McNair.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2006, 04:15 PM
Yesterday there was something during the Redskins game about Titans sources saying that they would pick him.

MiccoMacey
1/8/2006, 04:20 PM
Any word?

GreaterState
1/8/2006, 04:27 PM
He's on live now confirming everything. Oh, and he answered a question about position switching saying no way ... that he's a "quarterback for life," that people can either accept that or go around him.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I heard he can scramble but will not be a threat to run...ever. Harris is suppose to be the dual threat, but I haven't heard much about him.

Harris a dual threat? His 4 TD 9 INT junior season says otherwise. :texan:

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 04:31 PM
well whether VY turns into a QB, a DE, or an OL I don't care...he's gone!! SOONERS TAKE OVER ONCE AGAIN:D

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 04:31 PM
He's on live now confirming everything. Oh, and he answered a question about position switching saying no way ... that he's a "quarterback for life," that people can either accept that or go around him.
Must be a local Austin channel, cause I don't see anything on the espn channels

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 04:33 PM
they showed it on the Fox NFL show

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 04:34 PM
Must be a local Austin channel, cause I don't see anything on the espn channelsIt was just on FOX NFL coverage.

[VY]"Yea, uh, I'd like to tank all mi coaches wh got me here to da point, well I just wanna say dat Ima gonna goa inta tua da draft fo dee en ef ell."

Or something very close.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 04:36 PM
It was just on FOX NFL coverage.

[VY]"Yea, uh, I'd like to tank all mi coaches wh got me here to da point, well I just wanna say dat Ima gonna goa inta tua da draft fo dee en ef ell."

Or something very close.
Amazing...I could actually hear him say it while I read your post,haha

Scott D
1/8/2006, 04:39 PM

somewhere Drew Rosenhaus is crying into a bottle of Cristal.

TheGodfather889
1/8/2006, 04:40 PM
Vince Young is gone
no repeat for Texas
the Big XII will belong to the Sooners
Along with the Golden Hat
:D

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 04:43 PM
Kind of weird that you guys are already claiming it's a lock to win the RRS and Big 12 next year. Hope you guys realize that most of the offense is coming back next year. This is going to be an experienced team and they're going to be in a much better position than OU was this season. Not going to win a national title, but they're not going to be 4-7 or 5-6 either.

Vince Young did the right thing and I hope he does well in the NFL.

mrowl
1/8/2006, 04:46 PM
Kind of weird that you guys are already claiming it's a lock to win the RRS and Big 12 next year. Hope you guys realize that most of the offense is coming back next year. This is going to be an experienced team and they're going to be in a much better position than OU was this season. Not going to win a national title, but they're not going to be 4-7 or 5-6 either.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! OF COURSE THEY WILL WIN! DOESN'T MATTER THAT EVERY1 IS COMING BACK! NOW THAT RADIO IS GONE...............................

BAYLOR RULES!

TheGodfather889
1/8/2006, 04:54 PM

So what? Vince Young was the X-factor for Texas and he is so hard to scheme for.Who is going to take the reigns for Vince next year? I hope a nice pocket-passing quarterback like Chrissy to pick on.:D

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2006, 04:58 PM
This is going to be an experienced team and they're going to be in a much better position than OU was this season. Not going to win a national title, but they're not going to be 4-7 or 5-6 either.

Well, OU wasn't 4-7 or 5-6 either. I think all that we're saying, minus the hyperbole, is that the Sooners should be at least on even footing in Dallas and have a good shot to win the game. With Vince coming back, I didn't like our chances at all.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 05:02 PM
Well, OU wasn't 4-7 or 5-6 either. I think all that we're saying, minus the hyperbole, is that the Sooners should be at least on even footing in Dallas and have a good shot to win the game. With Vince coming back, I didn't like our chances at all.
Dammit, someone would have to come in here and be Mr. Honesty. I say we're gonna kick the ever living shiite out of them! ;)

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 05:03 PM
That I agree with. I put the Texas/OU game as straight up and could go either way next year. That's why I'm not sure where all the confidence is coming from. With all that's returning on offense next year, they just need the QB to be a game manager and not a playmaker like Vince Young was. I kind of think McCoy starts next year because he's the one that apparently has the smarts and a pretty accurate arm. But Snead is enrolling for the Spring semester and he's probably a better fit for the current offense right now.

I'm gonna go out on the limb and predict a 9-3 or 10-2-type season next year.

North Texas - W
Ohio State - Tossup
@ Rice - W
Iowa State - tough W
Sam State - W
vs. OU - Tossup
Baylor - W
@ Nebraska - Tossup
@ Tech - Tossup
Oklahoma State - W
@ K-State - Probable W
Texas A&M - W

I'm seeing 8-4 as the absolute worst case scenario. I really would not be surprised if we beat Ohio State. They lose almost all of their defense. It will be a low scoring game, I know that much.

mrowl
1/8/2006, 05:05 PM
you can't seriously call Ohio State as a tossup? tOSU will be\should be favored by 7 in that game

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 05:06 PM
Any opponent would rejoice in ridding itself of facing the 05/06 Vince...

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 05:06 PM
That I agree with. I put the Texas/OU game as straight up and could go either way next year. That's why I'm not sure where all the confidence is coming from. With all that's returning on offense next year, they just need the QB to be a game manager and not a playmaker like Vince Young was. I kind of think McCoy starts next year because he's the one that apparently has the smarts and a pretty accurate arm. But Snead is enrolling for the Spring semester and he's probably a better fit for the current offense right now.

I'm gonna go out on the limb and predict a 9-3 or 10-2-type season next year.

North Texas - W
Ohio State - Tossup
@ Rice - W
Iowa State - tough W
Sam State - W
vs. OU - Tossup
Baylor - W
@ Nebraska - Tossup
@ Tech - Tossup
Oklahoma State - W
@ K-State - Probable W
Texas A&M - W

I'm seeing 8-4 as the absolute worst case scenario. I really would not be surprised if we beat Ohio State. They lose almost all of their defense. It will be a low scoring game, I know that much.
That really will be a toss up. True that their defense is gone BUT their offense will be a juggernaut.

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 05:08 PM
you can't seriously call Ohio State as a tossup? tOSU will be\should be favored by 7 in that game
In Austin? I kind of doubt it.

Their offense will be very, very good next season. But I don't see our defense taking much of a hit overall between this year and next year. If it were in Ohio State, I say 100% definite Ohio State victory. But I think the game could go either way in Austin. The only thing that worries me is that we'll have a QB making his 2nd career start in the game.

mrowl
1/8/2006, 05:10 PM
yep, I wonder when the last time was the texas was not favored at home. I doubt they will be in this game.

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 05:22 PM
yep, I wonder when the last time was the texas was not favored at home. I doubt they will be in this game.
I doubt we will be. I hope we're not. It will affect the crowd big time and make it crazy in there.

I can't remember the last time we were dogs at home. Probably Nebraska in 1999.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 05:31 PM
Hope you guys realize that most of the offense is coming back next year. Ahem, care to tell us what percentage of yards and TD's scored by Texas, that VY is responsible for?:P

Hook 'Em Horns
1/8/2006, 05:31 PM
Vince Young is gone
no repeat for Texas
the Big XII will belong to the Sooners
Along with the Golden Hat
:D

Vince Young didn't hold you to 12 points.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 05:34 PM
Vince Young didn't hold you to 12 points.You're quite the coy one, aren't you? Either that or just a little goofy.

GreaterState
1/8/2006, 05:36 PM

Which is why I say he should have played both ways ... with Vince at linebacker it would have been 45-3.

:mack:

SoonerGOP
1/8/2006, 05:37 PM
The rrs will, now, be a good game this year.

If you want to call a complete asswhipping by our boys AGAIN a "good game", I'll agree!

boomrsoonr
1/8/2006, 05:48 PM

Are you talking about when we beat you 12-0.

boomrsoonr
1/8/2006, 05:50 PM
Hope you guys realize that most of the offense is coming back next year.

Texas has no offense without Vince Young. That was proven just a short few days (nights) ago.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/8/2006, 05:55 PM
Are you talking about when we beat you 12-0.

No, but I can understand why you are. :mack:

Scott D
1/8/2006, 05:57 PM
I thought this was a thread about how HEH was never going to visit this board again.....I am very disappointed in the content of this thread now.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/8/2006, 05:59 PM
I bought the site. I'm now the Senior Moderator. Show me a little spek, negative of course.

Scott D
1/8/2006, 06:02 PM
So as Senior Moderator, your first act should be to ban yourself ;)

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 06:07 PM
Texas has no offense without Vince Young. That was proven just a short few days (nights) ago.
How so? The running backs averaged about 6 yards a carry in the national title game. If you combine Selvin Young, Charles, Taylor, and Melton together, they had 378 carries for 2,284 yards (6 YPC) and 41 touchdowns. All of them are coming back next year.

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 06:11 PM
How so? The running backs averaged about 6 yards a carry in the national title game. If you combine Selvin Young, Charles, Taylor, and Melton together, they had 378 carries for 2,284 yards (6 YPC) and 41 touchdowns. All of them are coming back next year.
the threat of VY and the Oline had a LOT to do with those numbers.

goingoneight
1/8/2006, 06:11 PM
Ahem, care to tell us what percentage of yards and TD's scored by Texas, that VY is responsible for?:P

Texas without Vince this year = loss to Ohio State, loss to Oklahoma State, loss to Texas A&M, loss to USC...

Fellow Sooner fans, lets be concerned with the "W," before we start predicting a blow-out... Jason White was an example of a young quarterback who beat Texas after Josh Heupel left. Plus, they still have a rapid-fire defense, and an offensive weapon named Jamaal Charles. Two of which OU couldn't stop for their lives this year.
I agree that Texas will have the favor, and OU will probably pull-off the upset, being as VY has disappeared... but if AD could put 225 yards on a veteran UT team, who is to say someone from UT cannot do the same to OU?
ONE THING FOR CERTAIN, I'LL BE THERE.......... AGAIN!

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 06:12 PM
How so? The running backs averaged about 6 yards a carry in the national title game. If you combine Selvin Young, Charles, Taylor, and Melton together, they had 378 carries for 2,284 yards (6 YPC) and 41 touchdowns. All of them are coming back next year.Eh, well the running game will take a serious hit while breaking in an inexperienced QB. Trust me on this one. ;)

Jello Biafra
1/8/2006, 06:13 PM

no our turnovers, youth and injury did. you guys have a good denfense. ill give you that but you morons are losing 5 of your top 8 tacklers from this team. how can the texas faithful honestly think this defense will not give up big games?

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 06:16 PM
Eh, well the running game will take a serious hit while breaking in an inexperienced QB. Trust me on this one. ;)
word

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 06:17 PM
Eh, well the running game will take a serious hit while breaking in an inexperienced QB. Trust me on this one. ;)
yup, handoffs, fakes, stuff like that.

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 06:19 PM
no our turnovers, youth and injury did. you guys have a good denfense. ill give you that but you morons are losing 5 of your top 8 tacklers from this team. how can the texas faithful honestly think this defense will not give up big games?
5 of the top 8? Where did you get that? It's 3 of the top 8.

Last year's defense lost the best defensive player in the country and managed to get better.

BRR...you guys had the worst possible offensive line situation, a ton of hurt running backs, and you were breaking in basically all new receivers. I'm not saying that Texas' situation is perfect, but it's going to be a lot better than the one that Bomar was put in this year.

aero
1/8/2006, 06:20 PM
Good for Vince. He had nothing to come back for other than the Heisman, which would not have upped his value, IMO. Lot more potential negatives than positives. I think most Sooners didn't think it was a given that the Horns would beat us at the RRS even with VY (maybe the crimson glasses), but certainly this gives us a lot more confidence. We'll see how the rest of the team does without their front man. Regardless of his record against OU, VY was a damn good football player. One you don't replace every year and one you definitely feel his loss [insert smile]. Note to Horn fans: DO NOT WASH THOSE T-SHIRTS. PLACE THEM IN A PLASTIC BAG AND STORE THEM IN A COOL, DRY STORAGE AREA. They should keep until the next one.

OUthunder
1/8/2006, 06:20 PM
Great, another millionaire in the NFL who needs to get hooked on phonics!

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 06:22 PM
We have Bob Stoops;)

boomrsoonr
1/8/2006, 06:26 PM

Last year's defense lost the best defensive player in the country and managed to get better.

BRR...you guys had the worst possible offensive line situation, a ton of hurt running backs, and you were breaking in basically all new receivers. I'm not saying that Texas' situation is perfect, but it's going to be a lot better than the one that Bomar was put in this year.

Don't be sucking up to us now. Wait until September to start that.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2006, 06:29 PM

are you or are you not losing 6 starters and several backs ups on that defense?

i counted MLB, safety, cb, 2 dlineman and maybe another lb???

i'd say that's pretty close to our losses last year. we gave up plays and yardage this year but the d has gotten better because of it. I'd say you guys are looking at maybe 3 or 4 losses right now just because of defensive losses both to starters AND backups. my opinion. right or wrong.

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 06:34 PM
are you or are you not losing 6 starters and several backs ups on that defense?

i counted MLB, safety, cb, 2 dlineman and maybe another lb???

i'd say that's pretty close to our losses last year. we gave up plays and yardage this year but the d has gotten better because of it. I'd say you guys are looking at maybe 3 or 4 losses right now just because of defensive losses both to starters AND backups. my opinion. right or wrong.
We're losing a MLB, a safety, a CB, and one defensive lineman. The linebacking corps was young this year, both ends return, Frank Okam is a monster talent at DT, and I really believe that Michael Griffin will step up big time Huff's absence. The biggest shoe to fill, IMO, will be Cedric Griffin. We need someone to step up as a shutdown DB. Especially facing Teddy Ginn early in the year and Todd Blythe shortly after.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/8/2006, 06:40 PM
Texas without Vince this year = loss to Ohio State, loss to Oklahoma State, loss to Texas A&M, loss to USC...

Fellow Sooner fans, lets be concerned with the "W," before we start predicting a blow-out... Jason White was an example of a young quarterback who beat Texas after Josh Heupel left. Plus, they still have a rapid-fire defense, and an offensive weapon named Jamaal Charles. Two of which OU couldn't stop for their lives this year.
I agree that Texas will have the favor, and OU will probably pull-off the upset, being as VY has disappeared... but if AD could put 225 yards on a veteran UT team, who is to say someone from UT cannot do the same to OU?
ONE THING FOR CERTAIN, I'LL BE THERE.......... AGAIN!

I'm more concerned about NU on the road than either of the aggies.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2006, 07:02 PM
Frank Okam is a monster talent at DT

peterson will be the judge of that ;)

i don't know. losing a thorpe award winner...................

bottom line is this you guys lose 4 starters SEVERAL backups (which you guys seem to be poopooing) and an offense in search of an identity = many many 3 and outs. could make for a loooong year on that defense. see OU 2005

Dances with Possums
1/8/2006, 07:45 PM
Texas has 15 of 21 starters returning.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 07:47 PM
Texas has 15 of 21 starters returning.
You only have 21 starters?

GDC
1/8/2006, 07:48 PM
You only have 21 starters?

I would have posted something there, but I'm ignoring them, except for negspek.:texan: