PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 - Conference Rep

Down Field Pitch
1/8/2006, 09:34 AM
Looks like the Big 12 has gotten it's rep out of a hole after the bowl season. I am guessing the best record of all the conferences. (or close) The Texas and Okla (unranked vs #6) wins over the Pac 10 were great. I suspected TT would get blown out by Bama but it went to the wire. Nebbish over Michigan is just unbelievable. Mo coming back against Steve Spurrier I loved . The losses were very close and the wins impressive.

Believe me it takes alot to shut the SEC fans up about their conference . It get's sickening. Great to see the Big 12 back where it belongs. Let's see if it reflects in next years rankings.

85sooners
1/8/2006, 11:03 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!! !!!!!!!

bluedogok
1/8/2006, 11:13 AM
...and one of the Big XII bowl losses was to an 11-1 TCU team that beat us. In fact the only bowl team that lost that OU played was Texas Tech, the rest won their games (Tulsa, UCLA, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska) for the Big XII Colorado was the only loss that would have been a shock if they had won. A great bowl season for the conference and Sooner opponents. Who ended with winning the "mythical" bowl challenge cup or whatever it is called?

Now, how did SMU be the only team that beat TCU :confused:

49r
1/9/2006, 12:19 PM
I couldn't find the conference bowl standings anywhere, so I compiled a list on my own. As far as I can tell this is pretty accurate.

Conference......Wins....Losses..Percentage
Big 12..............5..........3..........62.50%
Pac 10.............3..........2..........60.00%
ACC................4..........3..........57.14%
CUSA..............3..........3..........50.00%
SEC................3..........3..........50.00%
MWC...............2..........2..........50.00%
Independent.....1..........1..........50.00%
MAC................1..........1..........50.00%
Big 10..............3..........4..........42.86%
Big East...........2..........3..........40.00%
WAC...............1..........2..........33.33%
Sunbelt...........0..........1............0.00%

Sorry if the formatting is all outta whack...

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 12:23 PM
Isn't the ACC 5-3?

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 12:33 PM

Call it the OU/oSu pheonmenon. :O

LSUdeek
1/9/2006, 12:40 PM
I still think AU beats Wisc 9 of 10 as well as UGA beating WV the same amount.

South Carolina.... I dunno.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 12:42 PM
*crickets chirping*

TexasLidig8r
1/9/2006, 12:47 PM
Just wait.. in August, we get to hear, "There is no dominant quarterback in the Big XII for the first time in conference history and as such, all offenses will struggle. Accordingly, the Big XII will not be a major player in the BCS bowls other than to send their out-matched conference champion."

Get ready for it.

It really has been an amazing run... a Big XII team in every BCS National championship game except one... in the past 6 years.

NormanPride
1/9/2006, 12:48 PM
I think the SEC just got spanked, with the exception of Miami being exposed for the fraud they are (thanks for that).

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 01:06 PM
The winner of the RRS is my pick for the BCs championship game.

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 03:02 PM
Just wait.. in August, we get to hear, "There is no dominant quarterback in the Big XII for the first time in conference history and as such, all offenses will struggle. Accordingly, the Big XII will not be a major player in the BCS bowls other than to send their out-matched conference champion."

Get ready for it.

It really has been an amazing run... a Big XII team in every BCS National championship game except one... in the past 6 years.

Good observation. I think that is an accurate assumption though. There really will be no dominating QB but I expect Zac Taylor to step up and possibly become the premier QB in the conference.

yermom
1/9/2006, 03:42 PM
...and one of the Big XII bowl losses was to an 11-1 TCU team that beat us. In fact the only bowl team that lost that OU played was Texas Tech, the rest won their games (Tulsa, UCLA, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska) for the Big XII Colorado was the only loss that would have been a shock if they had won. A great bowl season for the conference and Sooner opponents. Who ended with winning the "mythical" bowl challenge cup or whatever it is called?

i think the TCU kicker missed like 5 FG's or something in the game

yermom
1/9/2006, 03:44 PM
ok, he was 1 for 4

and the QB threw 3 picks

it's pretty amazing that they went on to win the rest of their games if the lost like that to SMU...

Octavian
1/9/2006, 04:00 PM
There really will be no dominating QB but I expect Zac Taylor to step up and possibly become the premier QB in the conference.

If Taylor spends more time upright than on his back he'll have a decent shot. Premier? I dunno about that...usually a QB needs a strong supporting cast of skill players to be premier (see Brad Smith). I think <crimson shades on> Bomar really has the best returning cast and therefor the best chance - IMO RB has the best shot at becoming the new flagbearer for BigXII QBs

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 05:03 PM
If Taylor spends more time upright than on his back he'll have a decent shot. Premier? I dunno about that...usually a QB needs a strong supporting cast of skill players to be premier (see Brad Smith). I think <crimson shades on> Bomar really has the best returning cast and therefor the best chance - IMO RB has the best shot at becoming the new flagbearer for BigXII QBs

Here are Zac's stats for the last three games, and I'm getting this from ESPN.com

TD - 7
INT - 2
Yds - 779
Comp. Pct. - 59.0%

He has definitely been better in the last few games than in the rest of the year.

bluedogok
1/9/2006, 05:22 PM
I couldn't find the conference bowl standings anywhere, so I compiled a list on my own. As far as I can tell this is pretty accurate.
I guess the Big XII must have won since you can't find it anywhere on ESPN. The way that they were pimping that bowl challenge cup before and during the bowl season you would think that there would be a reference to it somewhere :rolleyes:

Crimson and Orange
1/9/2006, 05:30 PM
The winner of the RRS is my pick for the BCs championship game.

As it should be. And it's been that way 4 of the past 6 years.

49r
1/9/2006, 05:48 PM
I guess the Big XII must have won since you can't find it anywhere on ESPN. The way that they were pimping that bowl challenge cup before and during the bowl season you would think that there would be a reference to it somewhere :rolleyes:

Right, it was amazing how big of a deal they were making of it while the ACC was in the lead, and before the Big 10 and SEC started choking away game after game...

Octavian
1/9/2006, 05:59 PM
Here are Zac's stats for the last three games, and I'm getting this from ESPN.com

TD - 7
INT - 2
Yds - 779
Comp. Pct. - 59.0%

He has definitely been better in the last few games than in the rest of the year.

Well, I disagree but we'll see. Still not sold on Air Lincoln.

yermom
1/9/2006, 06:10 PM
i think that kid could be pretty good, i was impressed with how he dealt with our guys in the backfield

Texas Golfer
1/9/2006, 09:00 PM

They were pimping it because they thought, with the Pac 10 favored to win all five of their games, that they'd be crowning the Pac 10. When that didn't happen, they ignored it altogether.

SoonerInKCMO
1/9/2006, 09:11 PM

They talked about it a good deal last Wednesday after the game and Thursday morning. I don't think they talked about it any less than they did last year when some other conference won.