PDA

View Full Version : Silly, Silly Whorns...

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2006, 08:27 AM
Mack's hardware collection.:rolleyes:

That all ya got Mack after 27 years as a head coach? (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=3914035&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

I've been wanting to do this for quite awhile. Please distribute it to every aggy and sooner schmuck that taunted you with the original.

And the best part is that the 13 year old boys that dominate soonerfans.com will never admit they were wrong about Mack Brown.

If we were 13 we would be on the pron boards. Hey, Olevet and OUinFla, you guys 13?

Tailwind
1/8/2006, 08:37 AM
What a bunch of Dildoes!

GDC
1/8/2006, 08:51 AM
If we're 13 now, we'll be around 48 the next time UT wins a title, if they stay on schedule.

Crimson Kid
1/8/2006, 08:53 AM
Who cares, if you don't go over there, you won't see this shnit. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2006, 09:05 AM
next time UT wins a title

Herr will tell his grandchildren about 2005.

http://www.uwbg.org/tools/workplace/tool_6UwN6Qucp5/links/old%20man%20with%20child.jpg

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 09:15 AM
What a bunch of idiots. I hope they're enjoying their one year of dominance. This coming season we need to kick their asses back down to where they're used to being...we wouldn't want their heads to explode by actually winning another championship trophy of any kind. (and in regards to their e-trash talk..I'm almost 25 years old and I figure I may very well be one of our younger posters here.) hornfans.com=gayfans.com

Tailwind
1/8/2006, 09:41 AM
Who cares, if you don't go over there, you won't see this shnit. ;)
Silly, silly n00b.....don't you know that FS's "Silly, silly Whorns" threads are a time honored tradition around here?

BajaOklahoma
1/8/2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah! A SSW thread!
I love you Flagstaff. In a totally you make me laugh-sort-of-way.

I love how they forget that Mack was a Sooner coach, under one of their favorite Sooner head coaches.
I love how they think that beating us once in the last six years means they own us.
Even whorns deserve a trophy once every 35 years.

Soonerman08
1/8/2006, 10:51 AM
What do they think, that we give a rat's ***???? Why don't we just go show them our Rose Bowl Trophy, Orange Bowl Trophy, Cotton Bowl Trophy, Holiday Bowl Trophy, our own Crystal football, our AP Trophy, and Stoops' Bobby Dodd Awards' I believe he got it twice.....stooopid Whorns, they won't out class Bob Stoops, the law of averages finally caught up to them and after 27 years they finally won a Championship.

trey
1/8/2006, 10:56 AM
you fortgot bob's 3 big 12 championship trophies

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2006, 12:02 PM
Who cares, if you don't go over there, you won't see this shnit. ;)BEAUTY! Hear that whorn fans.We'll leave ya alone if you just leave.

BoomerJack
1/8/2006, 12:33 PM
If I were a long time UT orangeblood fan, my honest reaction to this year's championship would be, "IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME WE WON ONE!!". After getting all the blue chip recruits from Texas and elsewhere, after hiring all the coaching hot shots and spending all the money on athletic facility upgrades, they finally got a football MNC. Their "monster" has been sated for a while. Time will tell if Mack and his brain trust can keep it up.

OUinFLA
1/8/2006, 07:13 PM

That all ya got Mack after 27 years as a head coach? (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=3914035&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

If we were 13 we would be on the pron boards. Hey, Olevet and OUinFla, you guys 13?

Im sorry, my mom just let me on the computer.
Is the question still important?

<link? on the pron?>

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/8/2006, 07:27 PM
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/8876/259wm.jpg
(Picture Courtesy BSG and PQ)

Why would they think we would even care that they won a few trophies this year. We have a whole building full of them. This is just one display.

1991SOONER
1/8/2006, 08:16 PM
If we're 13 now, we'll be around 48 the next time UT wins a title, if they stay on schedule.

I'll be 74 years old when TU wins their next title. LOL

I'll be fighting with sips in the old folks home about who has the better team.

Well have at least 15 national championships by then....

snp
1/8/2006, 08:25 PM
I'll have you know my reading level is on par with most 14, or even 15 year olds.

OUinFLA
1/8/2006, 08:29 PM
f'n hillbilly overachiever

SoonerStud615
1/8/2006, 11:05 PM
pssht, those horns have it all wrong... I'm not 13, I'm almost 16!! Shows what they know!

olevetonahill
1/8/2006, 11:14 PM

Sorry , Just got off the pron board . What was the ? :D

OU-HSV
1/9/2006, 12:25 AM
Sorry , Just got off the pron board . What was the ? :D
Coulda made this post a whole lot more interesting if you woulda said just got off the pron broad instead. :D

TexasLidig8r
1/9/2006, 09:57 AM
I'll be 74 years old when TU wins their next title. LOL

I'll be fighting with sips in the old folks home about who has the better team.

Well have at least 15 national championships by then....

If you counted like Alabama does. .. you would already own 15.

OUinFLA
1/9/2006, 10:49 AM
Coulda made this post a whole lot more interesting if you woulda said just got off the pron broad instead. :D

It's 70/40 that statement is correct as well.

olevetonahill
1/9/2006, 11:53 AM
It's 70/40 that statement is correct as well.
:D
If id had the pron Broad Id wouldnt have been on the pron board ;)

OU-HSV
1/9/2006, 06:36 PM
If id had the pron Broad Id wouldnt have been on the pron board ;)
True..true..that makes sense.

Texas Golfer
1/9/2006, 09:05 PM
Things that have happened since Texas won a title . . .

* 1,820 episodes of Meet The Press
* 12,783 days have passed
* Nixon re-elected
* Cold war ended
* All of the Friday the 13th movies were made
* 3,498 Grateful Dead concerts
* The Space Shuttle . . . was invented
* The handheld calculator was invented
* 8-track tapes popularized
* Voicemail, fax, and carphones invented
* The Carpenters had many hit singles
* Solid Gold Dancers
* Disco. Freaking disco happened since their last NC.
* Three's Company, Alice, The Jeffersons, WKRP, and Quincy.
* Seven U.S. Presidents
* The John 3:16 guy at NFL games.
* Where's the beef?
* The Edmund Fitzgerald sank
* The Vietnam War ended
* The Gulf War occurred
* MTV aired
* Velcro was invented
* Disposable diapers were invented
* The Cosby Show, Cheers, and Seinfeld began and ended
* The Seattle music scene (grunge) peaked and died
* Monday Night Football came and went
* And of course, OU won their 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th NC

GreaterState
1/9/2006, 09:32 PM
Things that have happened since Texas won a title . . .

Are you just trying to squeeze this joke in under the wire again?

Because it seems like only yesterday when the Horns won another (football) title ... oh wait, it was five days ago.

It just seems like yesterday because we're still partying down here.

Texas Golfer
1/9/2006, 10:20 PM
Are you just trying to squeeze this joke in under the wire again?

Because it seems like only yesterday when the Horns won another (football) title ... oh wait, it was five days ago.

It just seems like yesterday because we're still partying down here.

It was to show why you feel the need to do so much partying. It's been 35 years. Party away.

OUGreg723
1/9/2006, 10:22 PM
I am 18 FYI. Not that it matters.

OUTromBoNado
1/11/2006, 10:01 PM
Okay, so they want to compare number of trophies. Fine with me.

http://x12.putfile.com/1/922095180.jpg

Crimson Kid
1/12/2006, 08:11 AM
That pic of bob fits perfect, it looks like he's ooohhing over all his hardware lol!!

Herr Scholz
1/12/2006, 11:14 AM
Herr will tell his grandchildren about 2005.

http://www.uwbg.org/tools/workplace/tool_6UwN6Qucp5/links/old%20man%20with%20child.jpg
"Grandpa, do we have to watch the 2006 Rose Bowl AGAIN?"

"Yes, dagnabit. Get me my teeth so I can eat some snacks."

Herr Scholz
1/12/2006, 11:21 AM
Do you get a trophy for this?

UT's Brown wins Bear Bryant Award

12:46 AM CST on Thursday, January 12, 2006
Associated Press

HOUSTON – Texas coach Mack Brown won the Bear Bryant coach of the year award Wednesday after leading his Longhorns to their first national title in 35 years.

The award is presented by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

Texas won its first outright national championship since 1969 with the Longhorns' 41-38 Rose Bowl victory over Southern California.

Brown won the coaching title over 11 other finalists. He is the first Texas coach since Darrel Royal to win the Bear Bryant award. Auburn's Tommy Tuberville won the coaching award last year.

Also Wednesday, former Houston coach Jack Pardee received a lifetime achievement award.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/011206dnspoutcoach.1818424b.html

humblesooner
1/12/2006, 11:38 AM

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/011206dnspoutcoach.1818424b.html

I guarantee you Mack has already had the AD order it.
Mack don't need a presentation to get a trophy.
Every member of the team also gets a NC Coach ring, I heard.

Herr Scholz
1/12/2006, 11:39 AM
I guarantee you Mack has already had the AD order it.
Mack don't need a presentation to get a trophy.
Every member of the team also gets a NC Coach ring, I heard.
And a parade. Don't forget the parade.

1stTimeCaller
1/12/2006, 11:42 AM
does the parade have tractors, haybales and farm animals like Auburn's?

If so please take pics ;)

Herr Scholz
1/12/2006, 11:48 AM
does the parade have tractors, haybales and farm animals like Auburn's?

If so please take pics ;)
It's in Austin. More like gay banners and the ACLU.

1stTimeCaller
1/12/2006, 11:49 AM
sorry, WTF was I thinking :D

OUTromBoNado
1/12/2006, 03:42 PM

UT's Brown wins Bear Bryant Award

12:46 AM CST on Thursday, January 12, 2006
Associated Press

HOUSTON – Texas coach Mack Brown won the Bear Bryant coach of the year award Wednesday after leading his Longhorns to their first national title in 35 years.

The award is presented by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

Texas won its first outright national championship since 1969 with the Longhorns' 41-38 Rose Bowl victory over Southern California.

Brown won the coaching title over 11 other finalists. He is the first Texas coach since Darrel Royal to win the Bear Bryant award. Auburn's Tommy Tuberville won the coaching award last year.

Also Wednesday, former Houston coach Jack Pardee received a lifetime achievement award.

Don't know if they have a trophy or not, but I would have included it if there is. Cause Bob won that too...back in 2000...along with a bunch of other stuff.

stoopified
1/13/2006, 03:03 AM
Man that is twisted.

OU-HSV
1/13/2006, 09:34 PM
Man that is twisted.
Problem?

StoopTroup
1/14/2006, 01:32 AM
Okay, so they want to compare number of trophies. Fine with me.

http://x12.putfile.com/1/922095180.jpg
I've been waiting awhile for someone who had a wide angle lens to get a shot of Bob and all his Hardware....:D

Seems he has quite a few of those gold hats ones. :D

Hook 'Em Horns
1/14/2006, 09:45 AM
Sounds like you guys are quite proud of that Holiday Bowl Trophy you won this year. Interesting how I didn't see any pictures of it. Get used to it, the landscape has changed. For those of you thinking you will beat us next year, whatever. Now it's you getting out coached in big games, yes even by the "clapper".

Since we are back on top OU is that little sister I never had.

"Never judge a man by the weight of his trophies"

sooner518
1/14/2006, 09:57 AM
Sounds like you guys are quite proud of that Holiday Bowl Trophy you won this year. Interesting how I didn't see any pictures of it. Get used to it, the landscape has changed. For those of you thinking you will beat us next year, whatever. Now it's you getting out coached in big games, yes even by the "clapper".

pretty sure its on the very far left of the picture. it doesnt look like the current version of the trophy though. it looks more like the "Culligan" version of the trophy than the current "Pacific Life" whale trophy. You should recognize it; your team fought for that very trophy 3 times in 5 years.

The VIIIth
1/14/2006, 07:16 PM
This picture of Mack and a suppository is screaming to be farked.
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/brown_m_award_011106

The VIIIth
1/14/2006, 07:20 PM

That would be the same Holiday Bowl Trophy that eluded the whorns while Joey Harrington was kissing your mama.

BASSooner
1/14/2006, 07:27 PM

I'm sorry your in denial. Blame your run offense for leaving the NFL. OU is back. I'm glad you enjoyed it while it lasted. It is impossible to be outcoached by the clapper. He does not coach, but the ones under him do and do a fine job. OU just has a better coaching staff overrall. Well you've guys had your time, its yalls turn to hold the **** bucket:D Ready to be our b*tch again? Oh yeah, you guys always have....

Big Red Ron
1/14/2006, 07:30 PM
can ya feel the love...

BASSooner
1/14/2006, 07:35 PM
Oh and one more thing...who has greg davis again? Thank you guys, I'll be here all week!:D

OUTromBoNado
1/16/2006, 12:35 PM

pretty sure its on the very far left of the picture. it doesnt look like the current version of the trophy though. it looks more like the "Culligan" version of the trophy than the current "Pacific Life" whale trophy. You should recognize it; your team fought for that very trophy 3 times in 5 years.

Yes, it's the Culligan version of the trophy on the far left of the picture. At the time, I couldn't find the Pacific LIfe version. I have now, but it doesn't matter.

Effect is still the same. Heck, there were too many trophies to get on there. It was getting to where certain things were getting covered up and couldn't be seen....like the 5 OU/TX trophies. ;)

josh09
1/16/2006, 01:19 PM
wow.

i really hate texass with all of my heart. i want them to burn in hell. really. no one knows how much crap i go through down here in houston.

god, i cant WAIT til october!

Soonerman08
1/16/2006, 01:29 PM
Like I said the law of averages finally caught up with them, it'll take 40 years for them to win the next.

On a side note, that picture of Stoops needs to be bigger to show all that he has accomplished in 7
years.

Blue
1/16/2006, 01:34 PM
pssht, those horns have it all wrong... I'm not 13, I'm almost 16!! Shows what they know!

Get another avatar punk. :mad:

BASSooner
1/16/2006, 01:39 PM
wow.

i really hate texass with all of my heart. i want them to burn in hell. really. no one knows how much crap i go through down here in houston.

dude I hear you man, but down where I live is a glimpse of aggyville. I'll be out of texas and at OU in 7 months.

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 05:43 PM
wow.

Those of us who live even closer to Austin than you know exactly what you are going through.

caphorns
1/16/2006, 06:00 PM
OK, I'll be the first Longhorn to say . . . I'll be glad when this thing cools down a bit. Two days ago I'm in Blockbuster with my daughter and she points out some idiot kid. I look over and I sh!t you not that this dork is wearking ripped to hell jeans with his pockets hanging out - even his wallet hanging out - a big fat brass HIGH SCHOOL ring - and a f'n Texas Longhorn cap pulled backwards. He looked like a corps dork though and through. I do not doubt for a second that this kid was born to be AGGY. There's only so many retards I seriously want on the bandwaggon. And this was one retard who I wished would have stayed as an Aggy 2%er all his life. Next thing I know I turn on the TV to watch the LONGHORN championship celebration and I SEE . . . F'N AGGIE GOV. PERRY WEARING A BURNT ORANGE SILK SHIRT under his blazer, saying "Hook 'Em" and flashing the horns sign. That makes idiot aggy No. 2 in 2 days hoping to glob onto our victory and our proud traditions for whatever retarded reason.

Now, I would not trade any of these indignities against the success we have had. And I guess with success you have to sit through a certain amount of this. But god how I wish sometimes it was otherwise. Especially that people who are born aggots remain aggots.

GDC
1/16/2006, 06:23 PM
*yawn*

Soonerman08
1/16/2006, 07:39 PM
Hmmm other than Darrell Royal what Texas football coach had a winning record? This is predated Mack Brown time I am talking about?

Let's see with OU (pre-dated Stoops) there was Wilkinson and Switzer of course! Seems all they ever harp on is Royal.....he was a good OU football player, but there again a traitor.

MamaMia
1/16/2006, 08:26 PM
How many trophys have we gotten since Mac has been there?

StoopTroup
1/16/2006, 10:02 PM
OK, I'll be the first Longhorn to say . . . I'll be glad when this thing cools down a bit. Two days ago I'm in Blockbuster with my daughter and she points out some idiot kid. I look over and I sh!t you not that this dork is wearking ripped to hell jeans with his pockets hanging out - even his wallet hanging out - a big fat brass HIGH SCHOOL ring - and a f'n Texas Longhorn cap pulled backwards. He looked like a corps dork though and through. I do not doubt for a second that this kid was born to be AGGY. There's only so many retards I seriously want on the bandwaggon. And this was one retard who I wished would have stayed as an Aggy 2%er all his life. Next thing I know I turn on the TV to watch the LONGHORN championship celebration and I SEE . . . F'N AGGIE GOV. PERRY WEARING A BURNT ORANGE SILK SHIRT under his blazer, saying "Hook 'Em" and flashing the horns sign. That makes idiot aggy No. 2 in 2 days hoping to glob onto our victory and our proud traditions for whatever retarded reason.

Now, I would not trade any of these indignities against the success we have had. And I guess with success you have to sit through a certain amount of this. But god how I wish sometimes it was otherwise. Especially that people who are born aggots remain aggots.
It was probably one of Hook Em's offspring.

Sonner magic923
1/16/2006, 10:49 PM
that picture is the greatest, even bob looks suprised by all the hardware hes accumulated.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/16/2006, 11:06 PM
It was probably one of Hook Em's offspring.

I heard it was you.

BASSooner
1/16/2006, 11:28 PM
I heard it was you.
Where did you get those great comebacks? Austin?

GreaterState
1/16/2006, 11:34 PM
Hmmm other than Darrell Royal what Texas football coach had a winning record? This is predated Mack Brown time I am talking about?

You're kidding, right? Texas had 20 coaches who finished with winning records by WWII.

But I know how much the Great War means to Sooner Football, so ... all seven of our postwar coaches have winning records too. Even McWilliams.*

That is 27 of a total of 28 coaches who have a winning record. Credit to Stoops, he is your first coach of the past three to be a winner.

*thanks mainly to Gary Gibbs

OU-HSV
1/16/2006, 11:39 PM
Who cares guys...let's count the football championships (conference and national)

OU-HSV
1/16/2006, 11:43 PM
*And yet a hush comes from the Texass posters*

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 11:53 PM
You're kidding, right? Texas had 20 coaches who finished with winning records by WWII.

But I know how much the Great War means to Sooner Football, so ... all seven of our postwar coaches have winning records too. Even McWilliams.*

That is 27 of a total of 28 coaches who have a winning record. Credit to Stoops, he is your first coach of the past three to be a winner.

*thanks mainly to Gary Gibbs

The difference between OU and UT is loyalty. If an OU coach is winning, he's rewarded with extended contracts (Wilkenson, Switzer, Stoops). UT fires their coaches if they lose to OU. UT fired many, many coaches for no other reason other than they couldn't beat OU and take the Whorns to the title game. There were calls for Mack's head until this year. Now he's a god to the UT fans.

With UT, it's "What have you done for me lately."

GreaterState
1/16/2006, 11:54 PM
*And yet a hush comes from the Texass posters*

Yawn. Anyone with a grasp of the #s knows UT has 27 CCs and 4 NCs. (Despite nine unbeaten/untied seasons, I use real non-Bama math on the titles.)

OU-HSV
1/16/2006, 11:58 PM
Yawn. Anyone with a grasp of the #s knows UT has 27 CCs and 4 NCs. (Despite nine unbeaten/untied seasons, I use real non-Bama math on the titles.)
Compared to what...our 7 national titles and I think 39 CCs? ;)

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:05 AM
The difference between OU and UT is loyalty. If an OU coach is winning, he's rewarded with extended contracts (Wilkenson, Switzer, Stoops). UT fires their coaches if they lose to OU. UT fired many, many coaches for no other reason other than they couldn't beat OU and take the Whorns to the title game. There were calls for Mack's head until this year. Now he's a god to the UT fans.

With UT, it's "What have you done for me lately."
they'll be calling for his head starting next year.

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:06 AM
Compared to what...our 7 national titles and I think 39 CCs? ;)

I think it's just 37. But yeah, I bet that's not mentioned in the SF.com archives anywhere... is my point. (Or, why the yawn.)

Yes, your MNC e-penis is slightly longer at the moment. But we have expansion plans. ;)

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:09 AM
they'll be calling for his head starting next year.

Wishful thinking. You know he'll be over there on the other sideline, encouraging his players with an upbeat clap, for the next 10 years. This time, while winning the RRS. I know that can't be pleasant to think about, so you fantasize about the alternative... like us hiring Venables or something.

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 12:11 AM
I think it's just 37. But yeah, I bet that's not mentioned in the SF.com archives anywhere... is my point. (Or, why the yawn.)

Yes, your MNC e-penis is slightly longer at the moment. But we have expansion plans. ;)
Actually I didn't have to use the sf.com archives. That "e-penis" saying cracks me up every time I read it. And by the way your expansion plans are sure to be frozen once again in due time (hopefully October of '06), by the coach who owns your coach in CC's, a hotter wife, RRS's and NC appearances (and yes I know are coaches are now tied w/NC vicotries.)

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:13 AM
Wishful thinking. You know he'll be over there on the other sideline, encouraging his players with an upbeat clap, for the next 10 years. This time, while winning the RRS. I know that can't be pleasant to think about, so you fantasize about the alternative... like us hiring Venables or something.
I'll throw a BS card on that.

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:14 AM

you dream too much.

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:19 AM
well 7 crystal balls beats beats 4, annnnnd 37 CCs beats 28 annnnnnd we've had 3 successfull coaches, Wilkenson with 3 NCS, Switzer with 3 NCS, and Stoops with 1 but still racing for more annnnd texas has had one REALLY good coach who also happens to be a sooner and he will die a sooner, Darrel K Royal. Mack is a successfull coach so far, it just took him a while to prove it whereas it took stoops 2 years. So overall OU has had more success than texas had by far. o and not to mention that good ol bobby has givin texas the worst defeat in whorns history of college football.

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:23 AM
Actually I didn't have to use the sf.com archives. That "e-penis" saying cracks me up every time I read it. And by the way your expansion plans are sure to be frozen once again in due time (hopefully October of '06), by the coach who owns your coach in CC's, a hotter wife, RRS's and NC appearances (and yes I know are coaches are now tied w/NC vicotries.)

Yah, I wasn't criticizing your search abilities, just wishing I had a dollar for every time a Sooner says "let's count the hardware" ... as though the numbers had changed since the last time it came up ... :)

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:30 AM
well 7 crystal balls beats beats 4, annnnnd 37 CCs beats 28 annnnnnd we've had 3 successfull coaches, Wilkenson with 3 NCS, Switzer with 3 NCS, and Stoops with 1 but still racing for more annnnd texas has had one REALLY good coach who also happens to be a sooner and he will die a sooner, Darrel K Royal. Mack is a successfull coach so far, it just took him a while to prove it whereas it took stoops 2 years. So overall OU has had more success than texas had by far. o and not to mention that good ol bobby has givin texas the worst defeat in whorns history of college football.

So to sum up your post for readers with less time:
Mack: 1 NC
Stoops: 1 NC

and that loss to OU was only our third worst ever ... if that's what you were saying.

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 12:35 AM
Yah, I wasn't criticizing your search abilities, just wishing I had a dollar for every time a Sooner says "let's count the hardware" ... as though the numbers had changed since the last time it came up ... :)
Well,as a fan,when you've got a lot to be proud of..you like to make sure fans with less to be proud of know about it.

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:35 AM
So to sum up your post for readers with less time:
Mack: 1 NC
Stoops: 1 NC

and that loss to OU was only our third worst ever ... if that's what you were saying.
and notice i said that mack was a successfull coach. here all sum it all up for you this is my entire point

OU 7 NCS, 37 CC, 3 successfull coaches
UT 4 NCS, 28 CC, 2 successfull coaches

so pretty much OU>UT oh and third worst? I've heard different from athlon sports I think, saying it was THE worst in texas history. Here I'll even look at their overrall record of games.

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:40 AM
65-13=52=we beat you by 52 points=worst defeat in history. Trust me, even me being a sooner fan I know much about the whorn's history;)

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:46 AM
Well,as a fan,when you've got a lot to be proud of..you like to make sure fans with less to be proud of know about it.

If our situations were reversed, and OU had the better all-time winning percentage and was third all-time in wins, a thousand sigs would bloom here talking just about those two facts. But then it is Soonerfans.

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:51 AM
If our situations were reversed, and OU had the better all-time winning percentage and was third all-time in wins, a thousand sigs would bloom here talking just about those two facts. But then it is Soonerfans.
and you're still here

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 12:54 AM
If our situations were reversed...I probably wouldn't be hanging out on sf.com...and I'd definitely shoot myself. But then again..they're not reversed, and never will be. So again, let's look at the championships (after all that's the bottom line that really matters).

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:54 AM
65-13=52=we beat you by 52 points=worst defeat in history. Trust me, even me being a sooner fan I know much about the whorn's history;)

I guess I'm pleasantly surprised you haven't googled lately for "Rout 66" where we lost to UCLA by 63. It was one of the nails in Mackovic's coffin, even though he beat OU that year.

And Chicago hung a 68-point loss on us but thankfully I wasn't around to see it since it was 1904. (We still beat OU 40-10 that year.)

Texas all-time results (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=36&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=1349&change_well_id=2)

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:55 AM
I showed him OU's overall stats compared to UT's and he hasn't really told me anything about them yet.

Tidefan36854
1/17/2006, 12:56 AM

Well we just have to embellish our stat's to keep up with great "Football States" like Texas. I mean afterall, the state of Texas does have 7 NC's combined amongst 4 teams since the beginning of college football. I mean how do we compete with that? I wish Alabama was a "Football State".

Texas - 4 NC
Texas A&M - 1 NC
SMU- 1 NC
TCU- 1 NC

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 12:57 AM
I guess I'm pleasantly surprised you haven't googled lately for "Rout 66" where we lost to UCLA by 63. It was one of the nails in Mackovic's coffin, even though he beat OU that year.

And Chicago hung a 68-point loss on us but thankfully I wasn't around to see it since it was 1904. (We still beat OU 40-10 that year.)

Texas all-time results (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=36&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=1349&change_well_id=2)
ooooo ok I was talking about UT's worst defeat against OU in history, but haha that sucks that the whorns been beatin worse. you beat us 40-10 that year? Nice. I've seen worse blowouts than that, just against UT;)

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 01:01 AM
Well we just have to embellish our stat's to keep up with great "Football States" like Texas. I mean afterall, the state of Texas does have 7 NC's combined amongst 4 teams since the beginning of college football. I mean how do we compete with that? I wish Alabama was a "Football State".

Texas - 4 NC
Texas A&M - 1 NC
SMU- 1 NC
TCU- 1 NC

Please to not be putting me in the position where I'm supposed to stick up for aggy. I don't speak for those lesser schools.

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 01:06 AM
Just in case you didn't see it the first time, I'll be glad to show it to you again

OU 7 NCS, 37 CC, 3 successful coaches
UT 4 NCS, 28 CC, 2 successful coaches

=OU>UT

Tidefan36854
1/17/2006, 01:10 AM
Hmmmm... I dunno

Texas vs OU 59-39-5

Texas > OU??

***Ducks flying objects!*** http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/exit.gif

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 01:11 AM
Hmmmm... I dunno

Texas vs OU 59-39-5

Texas > OU??

***Ducks flying objects!***:D
nahhh thats the ONLY good thing they are good at against us

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 01:12 AM
ooooo ok I was talking about UT's worst defeat against OU in history, but haha that sucks that the whorns been beatin worse. you beat us 40-10 that year? Nice. I've seen worse blowouts than that, just against UT;)

good ol bobby has givin texas the worst defeat in whorns history of college football.

:confused: OK, I guess I was confused by the words "history of college football."

You should remember well the year we lost that game to UCLA. Because just weeks later you headed into Lincoln hoping to avenge your 73-21 loss at home from the year before ... and they slobberknocked you 69-7. Ah, the Blake years.

And we're way off topic now, so I'll just leave this with ... there's a lot of RRS smack tonight from a team whose worst RRS walloping should still be kinda fresh in their minds. Those were big wins but there's a big new ugly scoreboard in town.

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 01:14 AM
nahhh thats the ONLY good thing they are good at against us

The winning? You're right, that couldn't be the bottom line. :rolleyes:

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 01:15 AM
yeah an UGLY scoreboard that will turn against UT's favor;) Yeah we've all had bad coaches just like texas had, oh and we did beat texas with blake one time;)

BASSooner
1/17/2006, 01:16 AM
The winning? You're right, that couldn't be the bottom line. :rolleyes:
and that all narrows down to which means more? the average whorn would say the record between the teams and the average sooner would say the record of championships that OU has had.

Tidefan36854
1/17/2006, 01:19 AM
Isn't the off-season fun!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/lsvader.gif

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/boxin.gif

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/frypan.gif

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 01:24 AM
On the last two posts we can agree to agree. I don't know if I can keep this up for seven more months. I better go turn on some UT basketball. ;)

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 01:27 AM
....Ah, the Blake years....
:eek:

..new ugly scoreboard in town.
I kinda liked this old scoreboard myself...and that couldn't happen soon enough again.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6096/scoreboard3tm.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

olevetonahill
1/17/2006, 01:48 AM
Man that is twisted.
think that is ? the other day I heard there wer over 500,000 battered women out there
and all this time I been eatin em plain :eek:

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 08:59 AM
think that is ? the other day I heard there wer over 500,000 battered women out there
and all this time I been eatin em plain :eek:
Holy crap that's funny. Spekola your way my man!

Soonerman08
1/17/2006, 01:51 PM
Isn't the off-season fun!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/lsvader.gif

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/boxin.gif

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/images/smilies/frypan.gif

Can't take too many 'Bama fans seriously they claim some odd number of NCs. Something like 20 something....weird how they got that number.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/17/2006, 01:55 PM
Guys ummm look at the date....I believe it is No **** tuesday...so let's cut it out before the baneings begin :(

ftworthfox
1/17/2006, 02:12 PM
Re: Update on an old classic Mack photo [re: KingKoopa]

And the best part is that the 13 year old boys that dominate soonerfans.com will never admit they were wrong about Mack Brown. (copied from Hornfans.com)

We get no respect in Hornville. But, they get none here either so I guess all is right with the world!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tidefan36854
1/17/2006, 03:21 PM
Can't take too many 'Bama fans seriously they claim some odd number of NCs. Something like 20 something....weird how they got that number.

Yeah, the problem with most Alabama fans is that they realize that college football was played before 1950. Some people wait until the first year they stopped sucking to start cOUnting. :eek:

;)

Texas Golfer
1/17/2006, 11:20 PM
I love the way the Whorns love to spout their overall record against us. But it's the only thing they have. They've never beaten us the way we beat them 65-13 and 64-15this century.

But in modern football, since 1950, their record isn't so intimidating (all even) and yet we still have, during this time, almost twice as many national championships and alsmost half again as many conference championships.

But they don't want to talk about that because it doesn't allow them to puff out their underdeveloped chests.

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 12:28 AM
I love the way the Whorns love to spout their overall record against us. But it's the only thing they have. They've never beaten us the way we beat them 65-13 and 64-15this century.

But in modern football, since 1950, their record isn't so intimidating (all even) and yet we still have, during this time, almost twice as many national championships and alsmost half again as many conference championships.

But they don't want to talk about that because it doesn't allow them to puff out their underdeveloped chests.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreaterState
1/18/2006, 01:49 AM

So again, the bottom line still isn't ... winning? Now it's "the graceful/high-yardage/whatever way in which some of our admittedly fewer wins were executed." Next we'll hear something about how you sucked until 1950...

But in modern football, since 1950,

Oh! he doin it!!!

alsmost half again as many conference championships.

Nine is half again of 28? Is your math off or have you just not been reading the thread?

Welcome back to Horns All Wednesday (HAW)!!!!!

:texan:

GDC
1/18/2006, 08:40 AM

It's No Whorns Tuesday, slappy.:mad:

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 11:21 AM
OU just has a better coaching staff overrall.
Really? I don't know about that. You guys seem to lose numerous coaches every single year. I don't know how you can say you have an overall better staff with all the turnover you have (we've had some but not as much as OU). Your upcoming staff will be an unknown commodity. Do you even know what your offense will look like under Smith and Heupel? Will Smith run more players off the team besides OL now? Has Venables turned into Mike Stoops yet? I would submit your staff has never been the same since he left. UT has the past two Broyles winners.

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 11:23 AM
The difference between OU and UT is loyalty. If an OU coach is winning, he's rewarded with extended contracts (Wilkenson, Switzer, Stoops). UT fires their coaches if they lose to OU.
I also beg to differ on this. After having lost to OU for the 5th time in a row in the 2004 season, Brown was given a 10-year extension and his salary puts him in the top 5 paid college coaches in the country.

humblesooner
1/18/2006, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Herr Scholz] Do you even know what your offense will look like under Smith and Heupel? Will Smith run more players off the team besides OL now? QUOTE]

I don't know about Heupel, but Todd Smith's favorite formation is the swinging gate. Let Mack know as soon as you can so he can begin preparing his defense for it.

You were talking about Todd Smith weren't you?

GDC
1/18/2006, 11:47 AM
Dear God I love Tuesdays.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/18/2006, 11:58 AM
It's No Longhorn Tuesday somewhere ;)

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Herr Scholz] You were talking about Todd Smith weren't you?
Kevin Smith? OL coach who's the OC now with Long gone?

humblesooner
1/18/2006, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=humblesooner]
Kevin Smith? OL coach who's the OC now with Long gone?

Is he any kin to Kevin Wilson, who is rumored to have been our former OL coach and new OC?
I'm telling you that you have Kevin Wilson and Todd Smith confused. :confused:

P.S. - This is too easy.

GreaterState
1/18/2006, 02:59 PM
Is he any kin to Kevin Wilson, who is rumored to have been our former OL coach and new OC?
I'm telling you that you have Kevin Wilson and Todd Smith confused. :confused:

P.S. - This is too easy.

I think he's saying that Silent Bob is your OC.

http://www.nndb.com/people/231/000026153/kevin-smith-sm.jpg

humblesooner
1/18/2006, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=GreaterState]I think he's saying that Silent Bob is your OC.QUOTE]

Silent Bob Smith?

Somebody ought to let Bob Stoops know about this.

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 03:05 PM
Kevin Wilson. My bad. Is your offense going to be the same under him? Heupel's the new QB coach, right?

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 03:19 PM
Really? I don't know about that. You guys seem to lose numerous coaches every single year. I don't know how you can say you have an overall better staff with all the turnover you have (we've had some but not as much as OU). Your upcoming staff will be an unknown commodity. Do you even know what your offense will look like under Smith and Heupel? Will Smith run more players off the team besides OL now? Has Venables turned into Mike Stoops yet? I would submit your staff has never been the same since he left. UT has the past two Broyles winners.
Yes. Really and I do know. Since Stoops came to OU, M Stoops, Mangino, Leach, and Long have all left to become head coaches. Name me people BESIDES greg robinson who happend to end the season 1-10, who were from the texas staff and went on to become a head coach from the brown era.

you mean Wilson and Heupel? I've already seen what Wilson can do and I'm pumped for that, Heupel is a great coach, the guy is a walking computer. My only concern is how Wilson will handle the OL situation and a new WR coach. Venables will just get even better.

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 03:26 PM
and hence the word "overrall"

humblesooner
1/18/2006, 03:29 PM
Kevin Wilson. My bad. Is your offense going to be the same under him? Heupel's the new QB coach, right?

You're dealing with a weak sister here. I tried to Spek ya for being a good sport, but it still looks like a lotta red. I think you really are a closet Sooner fan. ;)

To answer your question, yes Heupel is the new QB coach. I think we all (you included) saw what a great mind Josh had when he was playing and GA at OU.
I sure hope that equates to continued great future teachings for our QB's, beginning with RB as a soph. I think CL did a great job as QB coach; he just left a lot to be desired as OC in my opinion.

I think the masses are a little undecided about Wilson. He ran the spread at NW , but confesses that it was because he did not have the talent to keep up with their opponents. I would say with the talent that OU has, he will run somewhat of a more conventional offense, but I can almost guarantee 100% that the play calling will have more imagination than we have seen from OU in the last 2-3 years.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 05:22 PM
Nine is half again of 28? Is your math off or have you just not been reading the thread?

I understand that reading comprehension is not one of your strong points so I'll try and use smaller words.

First, comprehension means that you have trouble understanding what you read. Sound out the words into syllables, it will help. Do you need a definition of syllable?

Perhaps you do because you also need the definition of the word "almost".

We know you are a fan of UT but you don't have to prove you attended by displaying your lack of intelligence.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 05:26 PM
Really? I don't know about that. You guys seem to lose numerous coaches every single year. I don't know how you can say you have an overall better staff with all the turnover you have (we've had some but not as much as OU).

They've left to accept head coaching positions at other major institutions. It's easy to say that we have an overall better staff when the rest of the nation acknowledges it, too.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 05:28 PM
I also beg to differ on this. After having lost to OU for the 5th time in a row in the 2004 season, Brown was given a 10-year extension and his salary puts him in the top 5 paid college coaches in the country.

Because the university, for a change, didn't listen to the boosters who wanted him out or the screaming fans calling for his head.

GreaterState
1/18/2006, 05:36 PM
I understand that reading comprehension is not one of your strong points so I'll try and use smaller words.

First, comprehension means that you have trouble understanding what you read. Sound out the words into syllables, it will help. Do you need a definition of syllable?

Perhaps you do because you also need the definition of the word "almost".

We know you are a fan of UT but you don't have to prove you attended by displaying your lack of intelligence.

If nine is "almost" 14 then I guess we were on the same page after all. :rolleyes:

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 05:46 PM
If nine is "almost" 14 then I guess we were on the same page after all. :rolleyes:
hmm GreaterState with a greater need of an education:rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 06:21 PM
Yes. Really and I do know. Since Stoops came to OU, M Stoops, Mangino, Leach, and Long have all left to become head coaches. Name me people BESIDES greg robinson who happend to end the season 1-10, who were from the texas staff and went on to become a head coach from the brown era.
Dick Tomey went out to San Jose State. But that's beside the point. You're making my point for me. All those coaches you listed are great. But they're not at OU anymore. That's my point. The coaching staff you have now is nothing like it used to be.

you mean Wilson and Heupel? I've already seen what Wilson can do and I'm pumped for that, Heupel is a great coach, the guy is a walking computer. My only concern is how Wilson will handle the OL situation and a new WR coach. Venables will just get even better.
All I saw about Wilson this season were Sooner fans calling for his head because he keeps running off the OL. You know more than me, but has he been an OC? Heupel is an unknown. Venables hasn't proven himself on his own without Mike Stoops as far as I'm concerned.

A blanket statement that OU now, at this point in time, has a better overall coaching staff than UT doesn't hold water with me.

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 06:30 PM
All I saw about Wilson this season were Sooner fans calling for his head because he keeps running off the OL. You know more than me, but has he been an OC? Heupel is an unknown. Venables hasn't proven himself on his own without Mike Stoops as far as I'm concerned.

A blanket statement that OU now, at this point in time, has a better overall coaching staff than UT doesn't hold water with me.
We had good reason to call for his head earlier in the season because Joseph, Bush, AND Chassion were not supposed to perform this poorly. Note that this was before he was named the OC at the holiday bowl. From what I saw he did an excellent job. His playcalling was more explosive than chuck long's. Well duh Venables hasn't proved himself this is his first year every to be THE defensive coordinator. He is only going to get better. I mean hey I would love to get a porsche right after I graduate from college but I'm not complaining. It takes time and work(well a sh*t load for a car like that)to improve and to be good. You do make a good point about our comparisons in the coaching staff. However, our staff has dominated texas just not very well this year. We will only get better. Plus it won't be long until chizik is gone and who knows someone may call for greg davis.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 07:04 PM
Venables hasn't proven himself on his own without Mike Stoops as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmm. His defense did shut out your potent offense last year. Shut them out. Goose egg. Nada. Scoreless. Nil. Zilch. Didn't even stiff the goal line.

GreaterState
1/18/2006, 07:18 PM
Hmmm. His defense did shut out your potent offense last year. Shut them out. Goose egg. Nada. Scoreless. Nil. Zilch. Didn't even stiff the goal line.

And, more recently, gave up the most points OU has in the 100-year history of the RRS.

On viewing the replay, no conclusive evidence exists to overturn Herr's call.

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 07:22 PM
And, more recently, gave up the most points OU has in the 100-year history of the RRS.

On viewing the replay, no conclusive evidence exists to overturn Herr's call.
Mack did the EXACT same thing twice. One being in 2000 and 2 years back except they gave up more points;)

GreaterState
1/18/2006, 07:26 PM
Mack did the EXACT same thing twice. One being in 2000 and 2 years back except they gave up more points;)

True but entirely unrelated to Venables on defense. I wasn't bringing it up for general smack, just staying with the discussion. I don't think Venables has proved himself yet either.

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 07:29 PM
Note that I said earlier when I was talking to Herr that this was his first year to be THE defensive coordinator. Nope not last year, he and pelini had to split it up. So theres your explanation. He is just going to get better. Just wait and see