PDA

View Full Version : OU NFL Draftees

The Consumate Showman
1/8/2006, 02:21 AM
Who will be the first sooner taken? I have heard Chester, then Dvoracek, Chijoke, Travis "T-Money", JD, Davin, Clint, and then ??? Anybody heard anything??

IronSooner
1/8/2006, 02:29 AM
Chester taken ahead of Dusty and Davin? That's interesting.

The Consumate Showman
1/8/2006, 02:37 AM
Chester taken ahead of Dusty and Davin? That's interesting.

That's what I've heard. Kiper was saying that Chester is extremely tough and that Dusty is in with a big class of DL guys....

Collier11
1/8/2006, 04:24 AM
I looked at several mock drafts about two weeks ago and it went like this...davin 2-3, dusty 2-3, and those were the only two that I saw. Keep in mind that of the 3 or 4 drafts I looked at they were only 3 round mock drafts and this was a couple of weeks ago!

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 10:44 AM
I think DD is the first Sooner taken. Then it'll be Chester or Joseph. After that who knows? I think atleast 5 Sooners get drafted.

TXBOOMER
1/8/2006, 02:25 PM
DD 2nd, DJ 2nd, CC 3rd, CO 3rd, TW 5th, JDR 5th and CI 5th. I think all seven of them will get drafted and that is the order I would guess.

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 02:28 PM
I think Ayodele, Kejuan, and Jejuan have a shot at being drafted too. For a bad year we lose 10 guys that could be drafted.

CatfishSooner
1/8/2006, 03:09 PM
not bad...

Ban One Sooner
1/8/2006, 03:15 PM
DD 2nd, DJ 2nd, CC 3rd, CO 3rd, TW 5th, JDR 5th and CI 5th. I think all seven of them will get drafted and that is the order I would guess.

Hopefully Travis Wilson can make up some of the ground he lost to injury this year in the combine and pre-draft workouts.

emoinwinter
1/8/2006, 04:12 PM
JD is one of the top FB in the nation. Why wouldn't he get drafted higher? Are FB not that big in demand in the NFL? I thought good ones were in demand, especially the ones that can block, like JD.

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 04:16 PM
Fullbacks and centers aren't usually drafted early unless you have a TE that can play TE or LB or something like that. Most teams don't really use a fullback anymore. They use an H-Back. What may hurt JD is his size. He's about 6-0 250 or so which is too small for a TE. But he'll make a roster and get drafted. He's too tough not to.

Scott D
1/8/2006, 04:35 PM
get back to me after the NFL combine.

Rhino
1/8/2006, 04:39 PM
Dvoracek (1-2)
Joseph (2-4)
Chester (3-4)
Ingram (3-5)
Wilson (4-6)
Runnels (4-6)
Onyenegecha (6-UD)

UD:
Jones
Chassion
Bush
Rankins
Rice
Moses
Bassey
Ayodele
Hickson

Scott D
1/8/2006, 04:41 PM
I don't know, I think Onyenegecha could be a late first day pick, and that Bassey could be a 4-6th rounder, depending on what he shows at the combines. The way teams draft corners today is pretty amusing.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2006, 04:44 PM
I don't know, I think Onyenegecha could be a late first day pick, and that Bassey could be a 4-6th rounder, depending on what he shows at the combines. The way teams draft corners today is pretty amusing.

They draft corners like Mike Stoops recruits them don't they? As long as you're over 6 feet tall and run fast you've got a job, at least for a little while.

Scott D
1/8/2006, 04:50 PM
heh that and the fact that cornerback seems to be a position that an NFL roster can't have enough of.

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 12:01 PM
Dvoracek (1-2)
Joseph (2-4)
Chester (3-4)
Ingram (3-5)
Wilson (4-6)
Runnels (4-6)
Onyenegecha (6-UD)

UD:
Jones
Chassion
Bush
Rankins
Rice
Moses
Bassey
Ayodele
Hickson

Moses, Bassey and Ayodele could be 2nd day guys......

Chijoke will be much higher than the 6th round, great raw skills and speed will make for him to be a huge cover CB in the NFL, great size, too....

Mjcpr
1/9/2006, 01:17 PM
Probably won't be drafted but I'd think Jacob Rice could have a long career in the NFL as a deep snapper. Good ones are valuable to NFL coaches and they can hang around for a number of years. Probably not a bad way to earn a buck.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 01:33 PM
First Sooner Pick this year? : Dvoracek
Next Year: Peterson

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 01:46 PM
wow, way to go out on a limb for that one. the most interesting thing about next year is that we could have 3 DEs drafted...

NormanPride
1/9/2006, 02:03 PM
CJ and Thibs will go low, regardless of how amazing their seasons are (Which, I bet, won't be as good). Their past knee injuries will haunt them on draft day.

LLoyd Dobler
1/9/2006, 02:06 PM
Chijioke and NFL draft in the same sentence - heh.

He has been a ChiJOKE since the beginning. Just for fun, lets review.....

First of all, It was a nightmare just to recruit this kid. I'm thinking Coach Venables had to buy and study the entire "Hooked On Phonics Video Series", just so he could make the initial phone call and say...."Is Chijioke Onyenegecha there?".

Then, after extensive hiney kissing by Venables and OU from two time zones away... Eyechart can't decide if he wants to play for the melting pot of mediocrity that is Arizona St. or the perennial top ten Oklahoma Sooners. Is that really a choice?

After telling Venables he would be a Sooner, CO changed his mind.....and even went as far a signing a letter of intent to be a Sun Devil. Reversing field again, he had Venables and the Sooners fight the legitimacy of his LOA. All letters of intent have to be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Somehow the appeal works, and CO gets his "release" from ASU.....Only there is another problem....His grade point @ SFCC looks more like a baseball players batting average.

Chijioke has to take a summer school math class to graduate at SFCC...

In case that is not enough, Eyechart then suffers what has to be the most severe "pulled hamstring" in the history of modern medicine.

Once he finally arrives at OU, he never came close to matching the hype. Chijioke, thought to be the next "Dion" turns out more like the next "Leon". (The guy from the TV commercials). Eyechart can't heal from the injury. Then he can't get on the field when he finally gets healthy. Then when coaches finally put him in the games, he blows coverages, busts assignments and forces Bob Barry to seek counseling.. How bad was CO? The coaches felt more comfortable starting a redshirt sophomore with a bad shoulder, a converted running back and Eric Bassey ahead of him.

CO made two plays at OU. Last year he recovered a fumble against A&M on the opening kickoff of the second half...and returned an INT for a TD this year against Nebraska. Two plays....which ironically, is also the number of times he evidently went to class this last semester. Chijioke gave himself so little chance of making grades that he doesn't even bother to attend practice once the team returned to prepare for the Holiday Bowl.

NFL Draft and Chijioke - heh.

NickZeppelin
1/9/2006, 02:07 PM
Chijioke is 6-2 210 and an athletic freak. He'll get drafted because of that. That's also why Bassey has a shot at being drafted.

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 02:07 PM
CJ could surprise, but I agree, Birdine and Williams should be wholly terrors on the DE spots for us.....06 may be the best pass rush year EVAR for Stoop's Troops.....Birdine, Granger, McCoy, Pendleton, or Simmons, and Williams, with the depth we'll have, Scary.......

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 02:24 PM

First of all, It was a nightmare just to recruit this kid. I'm thinking Coach Venables had to buy and study the entire "Hooked On Phonics Video Series", just so he could make the initial phone call and say...."Is Chijioke Onyenegecha there?".

Then, after extensive hiney kissing by Venables and OU from two time zones away... Eyechart can't decide if he wants to play for the melting pot of mediocrity that is Arizona St. or the perennial top ten Oklahoma Sooners. Is that really a choice?

After telling Venables he would be a Sooner, CO changed his mind.....and even went as far a signing a letter of intent to be a Sun Devil. Reversing field again, he had Venables and the Sooners fight the legitimacy of his LOA. All letters of intent have to be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Somehow the appeal works, and CO gets his "release" from ASU.....Only there is another problem....His grade point @ SFCC looks more like a baseball players batting average.

In case that is not enough, Eyechart then suffers what has to be the most severe "pulled hamstring" in the history of modern medicine.

Once he finally arrives at OU, he never came close to matching the hype. Chijioke, thought to be the next "Dion" turns out more like the next "Leon". (The guy from the TV commercials). Eyechart can't heal from the injury. Then he can't get on the field when he finally gets healthy. Then when coaches finally put him in the games, he blows coverages, busts assignments and forces Bob Barry to seek counseling.. How bad was CO? The coaches felt more comfortable starting a redshirt sophomore with a bad shoulder, a converted running back and Eric Bassey ahead of him.

CO made two plays at OU. Last year he recovered a fumble against A&M on the opening kickoff of the second half...and returned an INT for a TD this year against Nebraska. Two plays....which ironically, is also the number of times he evidently went to class this last semester. Chijioke gave himself so little chance of making grades that he doesn't even bother to attend practice once the team returned to prepare for the Holiday Bowl.

There is a guy like this right now playing Sundays in the NFL and, I think his story might go on for an eternity......WR Chad Johnson from Cincy....look up this dude's story. He admitted he hated school and school work and took the bare minimum to get by even at JUCO level....He admits to being dumb and not caring and also owns up to his bad attitude, hell, he plaed one year at Oregon State because he knew he couldn't get through another....still yet, he's one of the best WR's in the NFL today.....;) Just sayin if a Langston University reject can make it, Chijoke SHOULD be able to....

Rhino
1/9/2006, 02:24 PM
Moses, Bassey and Ayodele could be 2nd day guys...... Bassey, maybe. His speed will have some scouts salivating.

Moses needs to grow a couple inches, gain 15-20 lbs and find an NFL team that's willing to use a draft pick on a blocking TE.

Ayodele is basically McGruder, but less athletic. Surely, his 11 tackles this year didn't impress you THAT much.

Mjcpr
1/9/2006, 02:27 PM
Ayodele is basically McGruder, but less athletic. Surely, his 11 tackles this year didn't impress you THAT much.

Those were 11 of the most spectacular tackles I've ever seen.

NormanPride
1/9/2006, 02:32 PM
Those were 11 of the most spectacular tackles I've ever seen.

And he totally got jobbed on a 12th that was spectacular.

TXBOOMER
1/9/2006, 03:13 PM

I agree. I think he will be late second to mid third rounder.

TXBOOMER
1/9/2006, 03:19 PM
CJ could surprise, but I agree, Birdine and Williams should be wholly terrors on the DE spots for us.....06 may be the best pass rush year EVAR for Stoop's Troops.....Birdine, Granger, McCoy, Pendleton, or Simmons, and Williams, with the depth we'll have, Scary.......

Thibs got a redshirt, isn't he coming back? Bennett also played solid this year. Is Alonzo Dotson officially out. I heard a rumor he was trying to get his grades back????? I think we will be absolutely awesome on D next year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 03:22 PM
dotson is supposed to be eligible for the spring.

btw, nice succinct replay of the chijioke affair (as its come to be called).

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 03:24 PM
Bassey, maybe. His speed will have some scouts salivating.

Moses needs to grow a couple inches, gain 15-20 lbs and find an NFL team that's willing to use a draft pick on a blocking TE.

I'm an idealist I guess.....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 03:27 PM
I'm a homer I guess.....

NTTIAWWT

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 03:42 PM
NTTIAWWT

is there something wrong with being one???? what the &%$^ are these crazy acronyms you go around making??? :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :eddie: :mack:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?faq=soonerfans_faq#faq_acronyms

NormanPride
1/9/2006, 03:57 PM

That still doesn't esplain how I can get me some boomer sooner ringtones.

Scott D
1/9/2006, 03:59 PM

And if he runs a sub 4.47 40, and can get through the pylon drills in good time, the NFL will forget everything that you posted and draft him by the end of the second round on his physical 'intangibles'.

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 04:05 PM

The I was throwing me off.....I need to familiarize myself with these......jeez i feel :O

LLoyd Dobler
1/9/2006, 04:28 PM
You've missed the point - if he can't spell his own name - see above noted academic issues - he is worthless to the NFL. Those guys actually have to think. It is a whole lot tougher in the NFL than in college.

He struggled academically big time at OU, why in the heck is he going to all of the sudden actually understand football terminology in the NFL? He also won't have two years to learn it either. Plus, you think OU will give hima glowing recommendation after the crap he pulled prior to the bowl game? Scouts pay attention to that. It hurts the player.

He played by default this year. Marcus Walker was hurt, had he been healthy he would have started.

I am an OU homer like everyone else, but just because he wore the OU colors doesn't mean he is awesome as some think he is.

He can run fast, so could Renaldo "Skeets" Nehamiah (spelling), and that got him nothing in the NFL.

Scott D
1/9/2006, 05:09 PM
You've missed the point - if he can't spell his own name - see above noted academic issues - he is worthless to the NFL. Those guys actually have to think. It is a whole lot tougher in the NFL than in college.

He struggled academically big time at OU, why in the heck is he going to all of the sudden actually understand football terminology in the NFL? He also won't have two years to learn it either. Plus, you think OU will give hima glowing recommendation after the crap he pulled prior to the bowl game? Scouts pay attention to that. It hurts the player.

He played by default this year. Marcus Walker was hurt, had he been healthy he would have started.

I am an OU homer like everyone else, but just because he wore the OU colors doesn't mean he is awesome as some think he is.

He can run fast, so could Renaldo "Skeets" Nehamiah (spelling), and that got him nothing in the NFL.

I never said he was awesome...I'm saying that NFL teams make questionable decisions at positions not known as QB, MLB, C, or to a lesser degree Safety.

They give far too many chances to guys at corner who could be considered borderline. And they are willing to take more chances on a questionable guy if he has a 'prototype body' and is very fast.

GottaHavePride
1/9/2006, 05:35 PM
Plus wasn't one of the big talking heads saying that we completely mis-used Chijioke and that he could be one of the best man-to-man corners in the NFL? If one media guy is saying that, there are probably some scouts thinking it, too.

RacerX
1/9/2006, 06:07 PM
the wunderlic test.

RacerX
1/9/2006, 06:08 PM
and don't smoke one to celebrate getting invited to the combines.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2006, 07:26 PM
Davin Joseph was projected as a top 20 pick coming into this season but I think the juggling around will affect him but still see him drafted first among the Sooners as a guard. Dusty will go probably late 2nd round...Runnels pick will depend among which team has certain picks as Green Bay, Tampa Bay, especially with Alscott possibly retiring are two teams that are heavily interested in him. Ingram could be late pick..Even though Thibs had a great year he is a bit undersized as a DE and would probably have to play OLB in a 3-4 if he was going to play at the next level....Chijoke "hands of stone" will be a 4-6 like Michael Hawkins simply because of numbers..