PDA

View Full Version : Basketball game PA music

AllAboutThe'O'
1/8/2006, 01:46 AM
So I've been at the Sequoyah County basketball tournament in Muldrow all week, and I've gotta say that they played some pretty good tunes before each game and at halftime. Today was a perfect example.
First off, let me say that I thought that I would never hear Barry Manilow being played at a sporting event. Until this week. They played Manilow's "Copacabana" the other night and played it again twice this week, the latter by request. If I could give out green spek for that I would.
After the third-place games and before the championship games this evening, they played Frank Sinatra's "New York New York," a couple of songs from the Blues Brothers movie (Rawhide theme and Sweet Home Chicago) and Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow)."
Gotta hand it to those folks with the tunes, it's such a nice change of pace from the standard songs you hear at basketball games, like "Rock and Roll Part II" and "Get Ready For This" (both of which were also played, incidentally).
And for those interested, Roland won both the girls' and boys' county championships.