PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm not Picasso, BUT...

proud gonzo
1/8/2006, 01:02 AM
...I kinda feel like bragging. I just finished the painting I did for Iggy (Christmas present).

When I visited Hawaii he showed me his favorite view of the island--we went out past the sign saying WARNING: do not go beyond this point and looked back over the strata of the rock toward the mountain. I took a picture, but it hardly does the view justice and that's why I used it for the painting.

Here's the photo:
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9261/sviewresized6rn.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sviewresized6rn.jpg)

and the finished painting:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2884/resizedmaxpaintingfinished7yl.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resizedmaxpaintingfinished7yl.jpg)

I'm pretty proud of it, I guess. Iggy hasn't seen it yet--he won't until he gets back from Hawaii on the 15th.

OklahomaTrombone
1/8/2006, 01:04 AM
where are the subliminal messages?

SoonerBorn68
1/8/2006, 01:22 AM
where are the subliminal messages?

Fixed.

http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks/gonzoscream.jpg

proud gonzo
1/8/2006, 01:23 AM
I knew it was missing something ;)

PhxSooner
1/8/2006, 01:25 AM
Very nice, PG! My artistic ability peaked in 3rd grade with my princess drawings. To this day, I can only draw poofy dresses with bows on them.

SoonerBorn68
1/8/2006, 01:27 AM
Hey gonzo, nice work. Now, if you'd only snack while on the toilet...:D

proud gonzo
1/8/2006, 01:30 AM
Hey gonzo, nice work. Now, if you'd only snack while on the toilet...:D
hehehe

Tailwind
1/8/2006, 01:36 AM
Wow! I'm impressed.

Jimminy Crimson
1/8/2006, 01:37 AM
good jorb, pg

size?

DCSooner
1/8/2006, 01:43 AM
I did that mountain with my mashed potatoes once, weird.

KaiserSooner
1/8/2006, 05:54 AM
Sehr nett.

Has Gauguin met his match in Polynesian painting?

proud gonzo
1/8/2006, 08:10 AM
good jorb, pg

size?

20x24"

Beef
1/8/2006, 08:17 AM
Good stuff, pg.

Okla-homey
1/8/2006, 08:34 AM
great painting, but like most things, it would be better with some guns in it.

IB4OU2
1/8/2006, 10:28 AM
Great PG, I'm impressed! You're like my wife and daughters and have the art/music talent/left brain thing goin' on..........only thing I can draw is a few flies in the summer. Iggy's gonna love it!

BajaOklahoma
1/8/2006, 10:49 AM
Great jorb PG. He's going to love it.

Howzit
1/8/2006, 10:56 AM
Really nice, PG. Maybe you could give pic some lessons.

GDC
1/8/2006, 10:59 AM
Why are you doing paintings for Iggy?

http://www.thespiderawards.com/AwardsPass/WINNERS-NOMINEES/PRO-people/images/3__IggyPop1.jpg

Seriously, that looks very good to my untrained eye.

Penguin
1/8/2006, 11:05 AM
Very nice, pg. But, it needs more nudity.

Al Gore
1/8/2006, 11:37 AM
Talent!!!!

ChickSoonerFan
1/8/2006, 01:31 PM
PG that is awesome! The painting and the photo look so much alike.

Really good work. :D

BajaOklahoma
1/8/2006, 01:38 PM
I'm surprised that GHP hasn't added his touch to the painting........
Just sayin'....

dolemitesooner
1/8/2006, 02:49 PM
Whan do I get a painting? I am a sad panda

picasso
1/8/2006, 02:55 PM
Sehr nett.

Has Gauguin met his match in Polynesian painting?
heh. he looked like the devil and painted like an angel.

Sooner_Bob
1/8/2006, 03:34 PM
Nice jorb pg . . . you have some talent.

BeetDigger
1/8/2006, 03:38 PM
I could do that, as long as they put the numbers in the right spots.

BTW - nice job PG. But I agree, it needs some nudity. Perhaps nude sunbathers.

proud gonzo
1/8/2006, 10:19 PM
Why are you doing paintings for Iggy?

I just really liked "The Passenger" and "Lust for Life" I guess :P

Whan do I get a painting? I am a sad panda
you'll get a painting whan you learn to speel :D

dolemitesooner
1/8/2006, 10:22 PM
I just really liked "The Passenger" and "Lust for Life" I guess :P

you'll get a painting whan you learn to speel :D
What do you want me to spell ...come on give me somthing hard I want that gonzo montage bad

jk the sooner fan
1/8/2006, 10:41 PM
good job......if there was ever a time when i wished i knew how to fark, now would be it

so many good ideas gone to waste ;)

IB4OU2
1/8/2006, 10:59 PM
My wife gave me a painting not long before I married her. It was a close-up of Teddy Roosevelt with that big grin, she won some awards for it.

C&CDean
1/9/2006, 09:08 AM
I really like the painting. However, your boy Iggy needs to seriously pick a better "favorite place on the island." That hill is fugly. Did you ask him why it's his favorite place? If it has something to do with "the first time I ever....." then you need to do the Alfred Hitchcock thing and slice it all up with a big assed knife. While Iggy is admiring it. It will teach him a very valuable life lesson.

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2006, 09:14 AM
I really like the painting. However, your boy Iggy needs to seriously pick a better "favorite place on the island." That hill is fugly. Did you ask him why it's his favorite place? If it has something to do with "the first time I ever....." then you need to do the Alfred Hitchcock thing and slice it all up with a big assed knife. While Iggy is admiring it. It will teach him a very valuable life lesson.

It looks like Mt. Suribachi. Good jorb with the painting though PG.

crawfish
1/9/2006, 09:21 AM
That mountain has a wang! :eek:

critical_phil
1/9/2006, 01:15 PM

if Iggy really likes hills, there's a really cool one near camp pendleton that you can walk up every day.........and get paid for doing it! they even provide you w/ your very own 70 lb. sack lunch.

proud gonzo
1/9/2006, 01:50 PM

okay, so ONE of his favorite views, anyway. That area of the island is really pretty (it's near Hanauma Bay and the blowhole) it's pretty damn cool when you're there though... considering we were standing on a big slab of volcanic rock with waves crashing and everything.
I really don't think your idea has anything to do with why he likes it, but I'll be sure to ask him ;)

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2006, 01:52 PM
i would have farked a blank patch from a "paint by numbers" painting somewhere in that picture...

proud gonzo
1/9/2006, 01:52 PM
well, there ARE a lot of asians in hawaii

crawfish
1/9/2006, 02:34 PM

A weiner, for those of you confused.

It was the first board-acceptable euphamism to come to mine. :O