PDA

View Full Version : Chrissy Deja Vu

sooner518
1/7/2006, 07:35 PM
Chrissy throws an INT with 1 minute left to seal the win for the Redskins. Reminds me kind of TRRW sealing the OU/Texas game a couple years ago. Poor Chrissy

Okieflyer
1/7/2006, 07:38 PM
One of the only times I pull for that guy and he blows it. :mad:

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2006, 07:42 PM
I hate the Redskins.

I hate Mike Carey's crew.

tbl
1/7/2006, 07:49 PM
I knew he'd blow it. The Redskins have under 120 yards total offense, and they still win the game.

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2006, 07:50 PM
I was pretty impressed with Chris, he played pretty decent for a 1st playoff game. The skins D is just plain nasty. Washington's O had 122 yards and won, lowest total for a playoff winner ever.

bigdsooner
1/7/2006, 07:51 PM
One of the only times I pull for that guy and he blows it. :mad:
heh... he did throw a perfect pass for a td, but dude couldnt hold onto it
same'ol chrissy

Paperclip
1/7/2006, 07:52 PM
I'm no fan of Chris', but I thought he played a pretty good game. I even laughed at him telling the DB to c'mon. He threw a great pass to the WR for what would have been the tying touchdown.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/7/2006, 07:59 PM
I didn't understand that rule on the incomplete pass. How can it be incomplete if you still have both your hands around it?

I haven't had the chance to look at the stats, but Chris played a great game (kudos for his first rushing TD, made in a clutch BTW). It's too bad that their first two possessions ended up having such an effect on the game.

People on here give me crap for being a Simms fan, but you can't place the blame for the loss on his shoulders.

PS--That spitter guy is a tool. I hope he gets a hefty fine.

OUGreg723
1/7/2006, 07:59 PM
Hail to the Redskins BABY!!!!!

Gruden also got outcoached the entire game. plane and simple.

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2006, 08:00 PM
I still don't understand how that's not a catch.

He got two feet down and a knee and only lost the ball after hitting the ground.

walkoffsooner
Just watched the game really don"t understand that call looked like he had it when knee touched. I know there right it just looks pretty good compared to someone cathing one and falling out of bounds and dropping it when he hits because there feet where in.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/7/2006, 08:01 PM
I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble

Paperclip
1/7/2006, 08:01 PM
I didn't understand that rule on the incomplete pass. How can it be incomplete if you still have both your hands around it?

He has to retain possession after coming in contact with the ground. He obviously lost control of it when his elbow hit.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/7/2006, 08:03 PM
Hmmm it looked like he still had it to me. But what do I know?

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:03 PM
the ball was moving a little bit when he was in the process of the second step/being tackled, and it finished it's slide out when his upper body hit the ground, so they were ruling he didn't have full possession thereby making it incomplete.

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2006, 08:05 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Still a successful season for the Bucs. Would have loved to have seen them advance, but they just ran into a tremendous defense.

Next week's matchup in Seattle's gonna be a doozy.

OUinFLA
1/7/2006, 08:07 PM
He has to retain possession after coming in contact with the ground. He obviously lost control of it when his elbow hit.

Only because he was being tackled.
If he had not been being tackled, it would have been a score, even if he had lost it after hitting the ground.
I think.

I was pretty impressed with Simms this year, he made some rookie mistakes, and he doesnt really have a great offense to help him out. Loss of Clayton really hurt. I think he's going to be much better next year.
He threw some amazingly great on the money passes this year, but the most impressive play was the td tonight, he laid it all out there for that one.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:09 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Still a successful season for the Bucs. Would have loved to have seen them advance, but they just ran into a tremendous defense.

Next week's matchup in Seattle's gonna be a doozy.

heh....if it makes you feel better, my wife got upset when I told her that there should be an asterik next to that 9-0 playoff record for Tom Brady. :)

Paperclip
1/7/2006, 08:10 PM
Only because he was being tackled.
If he had not been being tackled, it would have been a score, even if he had lost it after hitting the ground.
I think.

Yes, I think that's correct. The fact that he's in contact with the defender is what makes the difference the way I understand it.

OUthunder
1/7/2006, 08:13 PM
I'm no fan of Chris', but I thought he played a pretty good game. I even laughed at him telling the DB to c'mon. He threw a great pass to the WR for what would have been the tying touchdown.

Yep, he and Gallaway are the offense. Plus, when you hit a guy in the numbers in the endzone and he drops it... whatta you expect from the guy?

sooner518
1/7/2006, 08:14 PM
honestly, I kinda like Chrissy as the Bucs QB. He throws a beautiful ball and had a really good season this year. But Im a Redskins fan first and foremost, so the game tonight was pretty sweet.

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 08:23 PM
LMAO @ Chrissy

afs
1/7/2006, 08:24 PM
you know he's gotta be feeling like **** after watching VY and texas in the rose bowl.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/7/2006, 09:27 PM
LMAO @ ChrissyWhy? He had a great season.

As far as feeling like **** after watching the Rose Bowl, I'm sure he is thrilled for his former team.

The Ensuing Kickoff
1/7/2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah, she actually had a great game - about 200 yards, and put the winning TD right in the basket - save for throwing it to Lito - Whoa, oh, oh oohhhhh, oh oowhoa oohhhhh, Here go tha run, here go tha throw, Lito's droppin' it on tha floor-oh, Lito.

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 09:42 PM
Why? He had a great season.

As far as feeling like **** after watching the Rose Bowl, I'm sure he is thrilled for his former team.
I like seeing him choke big games.

AustinTXHorn
1/7/2006, 09:57 PM
I like seeing him choke big games.
Then you must not have liked him much this year. He brought the Bucs back with late, clutch drives almost every week down the stretch.

He had a good rookie season. The ESPN Radio station in Austin was making fun of him a few weeks ago. It's almost as if some of the idiots here don't watch Simms in the NFL and just write him off as a bust. He's now, technically, the most successful NFL QB in Big 12 history.

bluedogok
1/7/2006, 10:10 PM
In the NFL there is basically a contiuation rule when it comes to pass receptions, you pretty much have to have the ball under "complete control" throughout the play and execute a "football move" even past the whistle and it is even more stringent on the sidelines or end zone. Even if you have 2 feet in and ball control at the point of being in -bounds, if you lose the ball going out they will usually call it incomplete. I don't agree with their extreme interpetation of the rule, but according to it, that was an incomplete pass since the ball contacted the ground at some point. We know that crew wasn't working the endzone in Lubbock this year.....

My dad always thought Simms would be a dud in the pros, I thought since he was pretty much groomed for the pros and not college that he would do better at the pro level. I thought with the better coaching that he would get in the pros he could become a good (not great) pro QB that will hang around along time but never be a star. After all, look at Gus Ferrote, Jay Fiedler and the Detmer boys.....there just ain't that many great pro QB's these days. Average QB's are all over, look at Tom Brady, a good QB on a great team. It has become a position of game managers and not game breakers like it used to be.

SoonerGOP
1/7/2006, 10:11 PM
Ground causing fumble is College. NFL, you have to have it through even once you hit the ground, right?

bluedogok
1/7/2006, 10:17 PM
Ground causing fumble is College. NFL, you have to have it through even once you hit the ground, right?
Yes, that is typically how they rule on it it, but we also know how "infallible " officials are these days.

My wife officiated football up to the high school level until about 5 years ago, she thinks the game and players has become too fast for the officiating crews. Unlike what they did to BillyBall for basketball, they can't just call fouls to slow the game down.

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 10:56 PM
Then you must not have liked him much this year. He brought the Bucs back with late, clutch drives almost every week down the stretch.

He had a good rookie season. The ESPN Radio station in Austin was making fun of him a few weeks ago. It's almost as if some of the idiots here don't watch Simms in the NFL and just write him off as a bust. He's now, technically, the most successful NFL QB in Big 12 history.
Is he playing next week?

Jake Plummer has had some good seasons too.

I'd still take him over Chrissy.

Chrissy is the 19th rated passer. Tampa Bay was lucky they clinched the Division Title. They just lost to the Washington freaking Redskins who they beat earlier in the season.

Sims choked...again.

Paperclip
1/8/2006, 01:00 AM
Is he playing next week?

Well, since Jake played in the PAC 10 I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/8/2006, 01:16 AM
Is he playing next week?

Chrissy is the 19th rated passer. Tampa Bay was lucky they clinched the Division Title. They just lost to the Washington freaking Redskins who they beat earlier in the season.

Sims choked...again.All this hate from Oklahoma fans to Chris still baffles me.

XingTheRubicon
1/8/2006, 01:32 PM
Why? He had a great season.

Chris pretty much can't stand his former team and their worthless fans.

He's openly stated that he advised a younger H.S. player against going to Texas.