PDA

View Full Version : post your aa bowl thoughts

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 06:33 PM
lemming absolutely slays me with his craptacular rankings on OL especially for the west. this is like the 6th year in a row, the talent level of the OL is so bad you can't really get a good bead on exactly how talented the skill positions actually are. on both sides, the DEs are in the backfield before the OTs even think about coming out of their stances. the ND OL looked especially bad which presents quite the quandary because that was who mccoy was matched up against.

snead - perfect player for the texas system. the only routes he looked at were the vertical and the TE crossing route.

i thought tebow looked the best of the QBs mainly because he seemed to be the only one that wanted to work the field instead of going for the deep ball.

mccoy is better than tommie harris was when he was in this game, but he was doing it against a lot worse competition. i think the key thing about him is when he stepped up his motor in the 2nd qtr. i do think that if he commits, there is a strong possibility he would be in the rotation as a freshman because he showed some good instincts on when to use particular moves.

murray - what are you supposed to learn from that few touches?

i wasn't particularly impressed with wells. he was big strong and hard to tackle, but he took "following your FB" to a new level. he missed hole after hole but was just too physically gifted to be brought down by the undersized secondary. he did look pretty good on the edge however.

symonette is easily 3 years from contributing

tennell only got a couple thrown his way. i was incredibly impressed with his downfield blocking though on the 3 times the west ran the ball.

roark held his own, though he sometimes turned his head and lost track of his gap. he is a lot closer to being able to contribute than symonette.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:36 PM
post your aa bowl thoughts
I don't think alcoholics should have to compete against each other.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 06:47 PM
i still can't believe people thought you were bri. he was funny.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/7/2006, 06:48 PM
Like you said I was hoping Murray would get more touches, but overall I thought I wasted a DVD recording it.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:49 PM
I'm deeply hurt by the implication.:D

And to think I'm one of the people that enjoy your posts.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 06:53 PM
i was going more for the groan your post elicited. i'd hate to lose one of my 3 1/4 loyal readers ;)

Scott D
1/7/2006, 06:56 PM
but sas, that's how I knew you weren't bri. :)

tennell is a good blocker, didn't see much in terms of his receiving ability, but I blame that on the OL and QB's. Murray is a decent enough blocker, that seemed to be what he spent more time doing than anything else when he was in.

I really do feel we whiffed with myron rolle. I was very impressed with the return where he didn't quit and ran the guy down from behind when everyone on the west, and in the announcing booth at that point thought he was going all the way for a TD.

I'd expect Texas to redshirt Snead no matter what Vince does, and he could beat out McCoy for the starting job next year, however I think he's at least going to be Bomarish in taking hits early on in college.

Sergio Kindle is pretty solid defensively, however unless he adds some mass he's going to end up being a safety.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:58 PM
that's it...........

I want my name and soonerbrats name removed from the role and I don't want you guys to ever speak of us again...........

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:00 PM
you'd probably have a better chance of convincing people you were Stanley than Bri :)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 07:02 PM
or mjcpr

King Crimson
1/7/2006, 07:03 PM
game is both boring and meaningless.

the commit "dramas" are stupid.

i don't plan to ever watch it again.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 07:05 PM
for the record, I've never tried to convince anyone I was anyone other than me.

I have JOKED about being someone else only in the sense of mocking the accusations.

Sorry for screwing up your aa thread. I had no idea it would blossom to this :D

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:08 PM

you think that's bad, you should have watched an episode of 'Tom Lemming's Generation Next' on CSTV this fall/winter.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 07:16 PM

i tivo the thing and then pick it up about 2 hours in. that way i can fast forward through all the ignorant crap and most of the boring plays. like i said before, lemming does such a poor job of getting OL for the west that it makes it hard to be any kind of exciting game.

Kels
1/7/2006, 07:17 PM
i was going more for the groan your post elicited. i'd hate to lose one of my 3 1/4 loyal readers ;)

Don't sell yourself short. I'm more like 1/3 than 1/4. :cool:

westcoast_sooner
1/7/2006, 07:25 PM
None of the QBs looked great. I realize it's really tough to get any semblence of an offense put together in a week, but these guys were overthrowing nearly everything.

McCoy - I'd like him to be a Sooner, but only if he's willing to work hard.

Glad we got Murray, though I nearly had a heart attack when he grabbed that condom hat first.

Harry Beanbag
1/7/2006, 07:26 PM
Mustain looked absolutely horrid.

Snead reminded me of Bomar the way he was getting lit up out there.

Tebow's runs reminded me of Vince Young, not as fast but elusive enough to not take any solid hits.

McCoy was in the backfield nearly every play and looked pretty dang incredible.

I hope Murray got some good Mexican food, otherwise he wasted a trip to San Antonio

I'm far from an OL expert, but I thought Roark looked excellent compared to the OTs on the West team. They made that kid Rose look very good.

I wish we could get a CB like the McNeil kid going to ND. Somebody has taught him well.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:05 PM
I knew I forgot something....a major part of me found it very amusing when Michael Goodson backed out of committing on tv today. So far I have a feeling the kid while talented will be a headcase no matter where he goes.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 08:07 PM
you know the running back that i was most impressed with was that cj spiller (sp?). too bad ted ginn sr had to run his homeboy running back on every frickin carry.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:10 PM
but sas, that's how I knew you weren't bri. :)

tennell is a good blocker, didn't see much in terms of his receiving ability, but I blame that on the OL and QB's. Murray is a decent enough blocker, that seemed to be what he spent more time doing than anything else when he was in.

I really do feel we whiffed with myron rolle. I was very impressed with the return where he didn't quit and ran the guy down from behind when everyone on the west, and in the announcing booth at that point thought he was going all the way for a TD.

I'd expect Texas to redshirt Snead no matter what Vince does, and he could beat out McCoy for the starting job next year, however I think he's at least going to be Bomarish in taking hits early on in college.

Sergio Kindle is pretty solid defensively, however unless he adds some mass he's going to end up being a safety.
The kid is around 220 pounds:eek:

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:11 PM
that'd be another thing I'd change about the game....maybe have either college coaches or more plausibly, nfl coaches coaching the game instead of high school coaches.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:11 PM
The kid is around 220 pounds:eek:

heh....220 is light for a linebacker, that's all I'm sayin' ;)

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:14 PM
eh they'll give him nachos and burgers to eat and get ready to play;)

Harry Beanbag
1/7/2006, 08:15 PM
heh....220 is light for a linebacker, that's all I'm sayin' ;)

Texas moved Kelson from Safety to LB and he was smaller than Kindle.

william_brasky
1/7/2006, 08:17 PM
the Tebow kid that's committed to Florida has a freaking rocket for an arm. anyone else notice this?

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:18 PM
Texas moved Kelson from Safety to LB and he is smaller than Kindle.

fixed that ;)

I was more referring to the next level....the 'gurus' spent too much time comparing Kindle to Ray Lewis for my liking this year.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:18 PM
the Tebow kid that's committed to Florida has a freaking rocket for an arm. anyone else notice this?
yeah and he's a lefty

Widescreen
1/7/2006, 08:51 PM
I was impressed with McCoy. He just dominated whoever was lined up against him. Of course, it sounds like the OL was bad so who really knows. I hope we get him anyway.

GDC
1/7/2006, 09:46 PM
you'd probably have a better chance of convincing people you were Stanley than Bri :)

I heard he is Stanley.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2006, 02:16 PM
i was going more for the groan your post elicited. i'd hate to lose one of my 3 1/4 loyal readers ;)It's not that you only have 3 1/4 readers as much as only 3 1/4 readers will admit to being so. ;)

IronSooner
1/9/2006, 12:11 AM
you know the running back that i was most impressed with was that cj spiller (sp?). too bad ted ginn sr had to run his homeboy running back on every frickin carry.

Didn't Rivals have him ranked as the #1 RB? (I forget since they have 2 or 3 different classifications of RB) Seems like I watched some film on him...really quick and elusive but seemed to get tackled a lot in the films they had of him. Not many take-it-the-distance plays that I remember.

GDC
1/9/2006, 12:12 AM
Didn't Rivals have him ranked as the #1 RB? (I forget since they have 2 or 3 different classifications of RB) Seems like I watched some film on him...really quick and elusive but seemed to get tackled a lot in the films they had of him. Not many take-it-the-distance plays that I remember.

I think Rivals had him at #2, Scout at #9.

Ruuuuuufus
1/9/2006, 12:22 AM
lon both sides, the DEs are in the backfield before the OTs even think about coming out of their stances.

I thought Andre Smith dominated the Eddie Jones kid going to texas. To me he had the best performance of everyone on that team.

Jimminy Crimson
1/9/2006, 12:46 AM
McCoy was a beast.

I almost shat myself when DeMarco picked up the condom hat. :eek: ;)

yermom
1/9/2006, 04:12 AM
yeah, after the first one of those kids doing that hat thing and all the kids trying to go deep on every play i found something better to do

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 09:27 AM
this is the 6th one that i've watched. i didn't watch the first one because well, we didn't have anyone playing on it. this game has remained remarkably consistent. if a west running back is able to make yards in this game, he'll be pretty good in college etc

Desert Sapper
1/9/2006, 12:25 PM
McCoy was in the backfield nearly every play and looked pretty dang incredible.

I hope Murray got some good Mexican food, otherwise he wasted a trip to San Antonio

Yep and yep. The Murray piece really ****ed me off.