PDA

View Full Version : I grew up a little more today

Okla-homey
1/7/2006, 05:04 PM
Here's the dealio.

I'm sitting in this firearms training class and this guy's flippin' cell phone keeps ringing. Each time, he dutifully gets up and goes out in the hall to take the call. I'm p1ssed that a) he won't put it on "vibrate" and therefore spare us his cheezy ringtone and b) each time he gets called, he has to get out of the row of seats past me to take the call.

On a break, we're standing around and he casually mentions how single parenting is tough. I kinda mumble something like "yeah, I bet," kinda half meaning it while still being irritated at the guy.

He replies and then tells me how his wife of 25 years died of a massive stroke at age 40 just four months ago and his 14 and 16 y/o kids are still adjusting. The calls were from them over typical "can I go to...?" or "what is there to eat?" stuff. In short, typical kid-crap.

He then shared that this was the first thing he'd done "for himself" since he lost his wife.

I felt like a schmuck for being p1ssed about the phone calls.

That is all.

Okieflyer
1/7/2006, 05:06 PM
Hang in there. I guess we're finding out a bit of what our parents went through.;)

Fish
1/7/2006, 05:07 PM
that's tough.

how'd ya shot?

VeeJay
1/7/2006, 05:08 PM
He replies and then tells me how his wife of 25 years died of a massive stroke at age 40 just four months ago
That is all.

He married his wife when she was 15?

Wow.

Okla-homey
1/7/2006, 05:10 PM
that's tough.

how'd ya shot?

They don't score anything Fish. They're just making sure you aren't a foolio with a gun. It's mainly about teaching folks do's and don'ts about concealed carry in Oklahoma.

Jimminy Crimson
1/7/2006, 05:11 PM
Sad story.

Nice catch, VJ

Okla-homey
1/7/2006, 05:11 PM
He married his wife when she was 15?

Wow.

I meant 45 y/o wife of 20 years. So shoot me.;)

olevetonahill
1/7/2006, 07:29 PM
I meant 45 y/o wife of 20 years. So shoot me.;)
No! you can shoot back :D