PDA

View Full Version : Crap, the espn Sunday Night crew is calling the wild card game!!!

sooneron
1/7/2006, 04:47 PM
F'in kill me!:mack:

sooneron
1/7/2006, 04:51 PM
Chrissy intercepted for what was nearly a TD. Some things never change!

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2006, 04:54 PM
That ball was out on the interception.

Nothing drives me more nuts about the NFL replay challenge system than the fact that you can't challenge a play ruled down by contact.

If you're not 100% sure the runner is down, don't blow the f***ing play dead, ref!

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:26 PM
I gotta agree with Theismann, Mike Carey is the best ref in explaining why the call is what it is, what the ruling is, and what the rules say.

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2006, 07:28 PM
Shepherd got two feet in and only lost the ball AFTER hitting the ground.

Bucs got royally screwed on the Arrington fumble that wasn't called, and please tell me how the hell Marcus Washington cannot be down by contact when Cadillac Willliams' leg is laying on him?

Suffice it to say, Mike Carey shouldn't be officiating any games next week.

Not even peewee league games.

Washington's defense earned the win. But they got a lot of help from the guys in the striped shirts.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:30 PM
I couldn't tell if Williams' leg was on Washington or on #97 from the camera angles.

afs
1/7/2006, 07:35 PM
Chrissy comes through again in the big game.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:36 PM
Chrissy comes through again in the big game.

Washington's defense came up big when they needed to. I really thought the wind would go out of their sails after Sean Taylor self destructed.

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2006, 07:37 PM
Well, Washington's defense is stout. I can't really blame him for those two picks as they were both tipped at the line.

Skins defense is just that good.

bluedogok
1/7/2006, 10:23 PM
I prefer the Sunday Night crew over Al "I should be in a one man booth" Michaels and Madden. According to the NFL interpetation for the past 5 years or so that was an incompletion. I think the rule interpetation sucks.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/8/2006, 02:11 AM
F'in kill me!:mack:
Well, you should have enjoyed them while you could today since it was the last game for those three in the same booth. Next year, Theismann joins Al Michaels on the new ESPN Monday Night package (along with Suzy Kolber), and the buzz is that Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire will team up to do ESPN college football games.

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2006, 10:26 AM
"I'm not an official but my thing has always been - two feet in, ball in your hands, knee down, it's a touchdown," Bucs nose tackle Chris Hovan said. "Now, I just don't know anymore.

Yeah, neither do I, Hovan. But to be fair, the Bucs were on the other end of the stick earlier this season when an apparent TD catch by Roddy White was overturned using similar reasoning.

I have a feeling the competition committee's going to look at that rule in the offseason and see if maybe, just maybe, that rule should be amended. There's just too much gray area on that rule right now.

Scott D
1/8/2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, neither do I, Hovan. But to be fair, the Bucs were on the other end of the stick earlier this season when an apparent TD catch by Roddy White was overturned using similar reasoning.

I have a feeling the competition committee's going to look at that rule in the offseason and see if maybe, just maybe, that rule should be amended. There's just too much gray area on that rule right now.

nah, they'll leave it alone...just like that bull**** 'tuck' rule.

mrowl
1/8/2006, 04:36 PM

that was a BS call. he had control when his legs (knee) hit the end zone, and didn't drop the ball until his body started to roll.