PDA

View Full Version : I Am A Vince Young Fan

FaninAma
1/7/2006, 02:20 PM
This kid is the real deal. I started out the year thinking he could never lead Texas to the NC. I thought he wasn't capable of being a good passer. I didn't think he could read defenses.

The kid's a winner. Good luck to him in his decision on whether to turn pro. As a Sooner fan I have selfish reasons to want him to leave but if he stays it will be great to have another opportunity for the Sooners to play against him next October.

Good luck Vince.

85sooners
1/7/2006, 02:24 PM
booooooooooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yermom
1/7/2006, 02:44 PM
i knew he could after last year's Rose Bowl

if our guys learn how to cover next year, we should be ok if he stays

i'm not excited about the prospect though

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2006, 02:51 PM
"Attention K-Mart shoppers. Vince Young fans now on sale on aisle 13."

http://www.kvremc.com/images/fan3.gif;)

FaninAma
1/7/2006, 02:52 PM
I detest the UT fanbase but I'm objective enough to give credit when a player turns in a performance like Young did in the Rose Bowl.

Vince willed that Texas team to victory in the RB. Texas will never, ever have a player like him again.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 02:53 PM
Vince has the mental determination and physical ability to overcome Mack Brown.

yermom
1/7/2006, 02:58 PM
I detest the UT fanbase but I'm objective enough to give credit when a player turns in a performance like Young did in the Rose Bowl.

Vince willed that Texas team to victory in the RB. Texas will never, ever have a player like him again.

i hope you are right :D

i can't help but think there will be a significant dropoff when he does leave

it's not the coaches that call plays on 3rd and long when no one is open and he decides to make everyone in another jersey look stupid

they have all said that he really came on when they stopped coaching him and let him do his thing

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2006, 03:53 PM
Where are you at Fanin, I'll come get you. Just try to calm down and tell me where you are.

PDXsooner
1/7/2006, 03:57 PM
do you still think the big 12 is done?

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 04:40 PM
Suc's Defense caved to a mediocre player.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2006, 04:43 PM
Vince has the mental determination and physical ability to overcome Mack Brown.And may it NEVER happen again.

FaninAma
1/7/2006, 04:59 PM
Suc's Defense caved to a mediocre player.

Umm, yeah right. We all saw what Pete Carroll's defense was able to do to OU when he had a month to prepare for us. I thought that Carrol's game planning would make Vince look silly and force him into a lot of turnovers. USC's defense wasn't nearly as good as last year's but they weren't exactly the caliber of Okie State, either.

XTR, I haven't started humming the "Eyes of Texas" so you don't need to talk me down, yet.

westcoast_sooner
1/7/2006, 05:23 PM

I absolutely LOVE to beat UT, but have to agree. From the 2005 Rose Bowl until this year's, it's like he has taken that team on his shoulders. Without VY this year, they are not NEARLY the team that they were with him. He is an amazing talent, and I can't wait to see him in the NFL next year :)

yermom
1/7/2006, 05:28 PM
to be fair this year's SUC defense is NOT the same as last year

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 05:31 PM
to be fair this year's SUC defense is NOT the same as last year
and to be fair rubber knees are NOT surgically repaired knees.

Octavian
1/7/2006, 06:11 PM

I'm gonna stick this in the "Sig Lost and Found." If no one claims it by the end of the day, it's mine :D

I've been thinking this since last year's UT-Kansas game in Lawrence.

Post-Vince Texas under Mack = Pre-Vince Texas under Mack

OU-HSV
1/7/2006, 06:31 PM
Holy **** this is funny (and true at the same time). Spek. :)

FaninAma
1/7/2006, 08:04 PM
do you still think the big 12 is done?

I am withholding judgement. They did do well in their bowl games. It all depends on how the Big 12 North does. Those are the teams that, IMO, have been hurt since the formation of the Big 12. Kansas really showed me something but Mizzou's win was a one time thing since they lose their QB.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:06 PM
I am withholding judgement. They did do well in their bowl games. It all depends on how the Big 12 North does. Those are the teams that, IMO, have been hurt since the formation of the Big 12. Kansas really showed me something but Mizzou's win was a one time thing since they lose their QB.

but didn't you pay attention this year...we had a few posters telling us that Chase Daniels was the second coming at quarterback.

tbl
1/7/2006, 08:10 PM

Major spek!!! I love it!!:mack:

GDC
1/7/2006, 10:11 PM
Jason White had a college career superior to VY's.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 10:15 PM
Jason White had a college career superior to VY's.
isn't the bottom line championships?

yermom
1/7/2006, 10:16 PM
that would be a pretty tough statement to back up

GDC
1/7/2006, 10:24 PM
Jason was on a championship team, he won a Heisman, never lost to Texas, more Big 12 titles. VY is 1-2 against OU, no Heisman, only one Big 12 title.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 10:29 PM
2 championship appearances=1 championship win, so yeah JW has had a better career than VY:D

GDC
1/7/2006, 10:30 PM
He was on the 2000 team.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 10:32 PM
He was on the 2000 team.
you need a ladder for that reach.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 10:34 PM
In the last two seasons, VY has lost exactly ONE big game, against OU.

Do I need to list the number of big games JW lost the last two seasons?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/7/2006, 10:38 PM
I am not a VY fan. He damned good though. I hope he comes back. I think we can beat them with him when we have our **** together.

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:15 PM
I've only watched Texas play 4 times his entire career. He's an average QB at best. But he's a great runner.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 11:22 PM
I've only watched Texas play 4 times his entire career. He's an average QB at best. But he's a great runner.
Led the nation in passing effeciency this year.

BTW, I'm sick of you dingalings making me point out his good points. Just admit he's good and let's not speak of him again.

FlatheadSooner
1/7/2006, 11:42 PM

Ah, but does he posess the ability for two years in a row?? That is the question and was it just an aberation?

:mack:

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 11:47 PM
Ah, but does he posess the ability for two years in a row?? That is the question and was it just an aberation?

:mack:
I think he does. He's a leader. He's a great QB on the college level, he's got good talent around him, and the coach finally quit trying to screw him up.

Tailgate
1/7/2006, 11:47 PM
"Texas will never, ever have a player like him again."

LMFAO

He is incredible and maybe one of the best to ever play at this level...but there will be others, don't worry :)

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:49 PM
Led the nation in passing effeciency this year.

BTW, I'm sick of you dingalings making me point out his good points. Just admit he's good and let's not speak of him again.

I don't care if he led the nation in pass efficency. I think there were years in the bone when we lead the nation in pass efficiency does that mean we ever a great passing team then?

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 11:53 PM
I don't care if he led the nation in pass efficency. I think there were years in the bone when we lead the nation in pass efficiency does that mean we ever a great passing team then?
you think?

link it or keep your brain farts to yourself.

Did any of those wishbone teams have close to 3000 yards passing?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:57 PM
I don't care about his stats against a bunch of bad teams. Ced Benson has all these numbers. He was never a great running back. From what I've seen of Young he's a great athlete but his passing skills are average at best.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 11:58 PM
in those 4 games you saw?

270 against Ohio State BTW

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 12:02 AM
3 OU games and the 2nd half against USC.

I don't watch Texas play because their uniforms are the ugliest in sports.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:05 AM
3 OU games and the 2nd half against USC.

I don't watch Texas play because their uniforms are the ugliest in sports.
which means you've seen him 1 1/2 games this season.

Certainly qualifies you for an analysis of his skills.

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 12:17 AM
I never said I was qualified to analyse his skills. I just said, "based on what I've seen"

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:33 AM
Did you have your harry potter glasses on when you watched him play?

SCOUT
1/8/2006, 12:44 AM
Nick,
Prior to this year, I would be right there with you saying that Vince is just a runner who sometimes connects on a pass. However, Vince has taken his game to a new level and has done some pretty impressive things even in the passing game. I understand that he throws the ball like Uncle Rico but he completes it too often to ignore.

Whether that translates to NFL success is still up for debate, but his prowess as a college QB isn't. IMO of course.

Texas Golfer
1/8/2006, 02:21 AM
In the last two seasons, VY has lost exactly ONE big game, against OU.

Do I need to list the number of big games JW lost the last two seasons?

Vinny only lost one game, big or otherwise, in the last two years.

yermom
1/8/2006, 02:53 AM
JW got a Heisman, VY got a Crystal Football

one could probably even say that VY has produced better than Josh

i think his record as a starter is what? 35-4?

the worst part is that Texass was like a one man team this year

my fingers are burning from typing this, i need to stop reading this thread

bigdsooner
1/8/2006, 03:24 AM
i think he's a really good qb and is the ONLY reason ut won the nat'l title. but in all fairness, he put up those #'s on a weak *** sc defense.

i do think he's a helluva lot better than he was last year though.

TheGodfather889
1/8/2006, 03:33 AM
Vince Young is a great player.But I don't like him because of his unclassy behavior in dogging Jason White for no real reason.The guy should've kept his mouth shut especially since he is owned by Jason White as far as head to head duels.

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2006, 06:39 AM
Know what I think...I think aliens have abducted our Faninama replacing him with this horn loving Vince Young fan ;)and they put one of those orange controller chips under his skin. It was on Art Bell's program, must be true.

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 09:30 AM
Vince Young is a great player.But I don't like him because of his unclassy behavior in dogging Jason White for no real reason.The guy should've kept his mouth shut especially since he is owned by Jason White as far as head to head duels.
I'm absolutely with you on this one...there have been times this season (before the season as well) that he should have kept a little more to himself. At the beginning of the season I was one who thought he was only a runner. I know some of us here don't want to admit it but obviously the guy (with or without ugly form) can throw the ball as well. He's the reason they beat SUC (along with their Defense being able to contain Bush). All that being said, I feel like puking. Here's to Vince Young coming back and us beating the #1 Texas Vinceyounghorns and reclaiming our spot atop college football's best.

FaninAma
1/8/2006, 10:37 AM
I'm absolutely with you on this one...there have been times this season (before the season as well) that he should have kept a little more to himself. At the beginning of the season I was one who thought he was only a runner. I know some of us here don't want to admit it but obviously the guy (with or without ugly form) can throw the ball as well. He's the reason they beat SUC (along with their Defense being able to contain Bush). All that being said, I feel like puking. Here's to Vince Young coming back and us beating the #1 Texas Vinceyounghorns and reclaiming our spot atop college football's best.

Young backed his talk up. Texas was ripe for giving up the entire game against USC but there was one, and only one, reason why they didn't....and his name is Vince Young.

OU's loss to USC last year wasn't Jason's fault. It was an entire team effort but Jason didn't have the ability to overcome the early Sooner mistakes and rally his team. Everytime UT made a mistake or USC hit Texas in the mouth Vince had an answer. I'm quite sure that past Texas teams would have rolled over and quit.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 10:53 AM
i think he's a really good qb and is the ONLY reason ut won the nat'l title. but in all fairness, he put up those #'s on a weak *** sc defense.

i do think he's a helluva lot better than he was last year though.
what can I say. You are wrong.

Already posted this link, but obviously you are posting without readin the whole thread.

BTW, that defense isn't what it was last year, but it was good enough to be undefeated and VYs number against OSU were pretty good. How would you rank that defense?

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 10:55 AM
I don't think anyone is taking up for character here. This is a discussion of talent and performance.

GDC
1/8/2006, 10:57 AM
No wonder you and skull don't get along.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 11:03 AM
No wonder you and skull don't get along.
because I'm talking about a topic rather than trying to go WWF?

I'm not even a fan of VY. I'm just trying to discuss his abilities without crimson glasses on.

But thanks for trying to start it back up;)

couchman
1/8/2006, 11:27 AM
"Vince has the mental determination and physical ability to overcome Mack Brown."

I think this is completely true. Vince gave UT the mental edge that they've lacked under Mack. He forced Brown to finally relax his sphincter. The question is: Did Mack learn from this? Will he play to win from now on and truly have a juggernaut on his hands? Or will he go back to his conservative/squat to pee style of coaching?

I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

BTW-- I laugh at the morons who still refuse to recognize the greatness of VY. The guy is one of the best ever.

AlbqSooner
1/8/2006, 11:53 AM
Faninama and I have disagreed on a few things over the years. (See Terri Schiavo threads) but I have to agree with everything in the original post EXCEPT the title.

Burnt_O_Bandit
1/8/2006, 12:15 PM
I remember people around here calling him 'Radio'.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:17 PM
they still do.

did you wan't us to upgrade him to 'CD player"

OU-HSV
1/8/2006, 12:54 PM
they still do.

did you wan't us to upgrade him to 'CD player"
Haha..then if he comes back and has a stellar season next year we can upgrade him to MP3 player. :D

bigdsooner
1/8/2006, 12:57 PM
what can I say. You are wrong.

Already posted this link, but obviously you are posting without readin the whole thread.

BTW, that defense isn't what it was last year, but it was good enough to be undefeated and VYs number against OSU were pretty good. How would you rank that defense?

where am i wrong at, i think he is a very good qb, if not for him ut would not have won...agreed?
in hindsight young prolly did deserve the heisman based on the entire season.
according to the link, vy only had 100+pass/100+run games 3 times, mizzou, ostate and sc, that was my point on the weak azz d part. this is just my opinion.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 01:01 PM
where am i wrong at, i think he is a very good qb, if not for him ut would not have won...agreed?
in hindsight young prolly did deserve the heisman based on the entire season.
according to the link, vy only had 100+pass/100+run games 3 times, mizzou, ostate and sc, that was my point on the weak azz d part. this is just my opinion.
You said he wasn't much better than last year. Stats show otherwise.

You said it was all against weak defenses. Ohio State is a very good defense.

TheGodfather889
1/8/2006, 04:45 PM
I still call him Radio.:D I mean really he looks like Cuba Gooding Jr. and he talks like him.

yermom
1/8/2006, 04:46 PM
after the Rose Bowl i was thinking he was Bootsy Collins or something

bigdsooner
1/8/2006, 10:54 PM
You said he wasn't much better than last year. Stats show otherwise.

You said it was all against weak defenses. Ohio State is a very good defense.

in my original post i said that vy was a helluva lot better than last year.

i think tosu's defense is a very good defense, i was talking about sc in the rose bowl only when i made the weak defense comment. my point was could vy do that to tosu the 2nd time around or a penn state...someone with a much better defense that sc. based on the rose bowl performance, im not sure any team could have denied him that night, but again, im not sure so thats why i said what i said.