PDA

View Full Version : I had to be a DAD today

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 11:54 AM
Man that sucked. :(

5 seven year old little girls conspire to have a sleepover that one Mom didn't even know about. The Mom was nice about it and let them sleep over but then grounded her 3 girls. I found out and grounded my Daughter. My Wife said I was being to harsh. I looked at my daughter and said..."Did I not tell you to make sure your Mom talked with the 3 girls Mother about the sleepover?" Daughter, "Yes". Me, "Your GROUNDED! One week. No friends after school. You can ride your bike with your Brother outside but you cannot play with your friends. If you do...you'll be grounded to the inside of the house. The grounding ends next Saturday morning. Now call and apologize to those 3 girls Mother for being part of the lie."

The Wife came around finally. Once she heard our conversation, she quickly realized just how smart her little girl has gotten.

I hope doing this now makes things less painful later....:(

MamaMia
1/7/2006, 12:02 PM
If I was her grandmother, I would make her some cookies.

FirstandGoal
1/7/2006, 12:05 PM
Man that sucked. :(

5 seven year old little girls conspire to have a sleepover that one Mom didn't even know about. The Mom was nice about it and let them sleep over but then grounded her 3 girls. I found out and grounded my Daughter. My Wife said I was being to harsh. I looked at my daughter and said..."Did I not tell you to make sure your Mom talked with the 3 girls Mother about the sleepover?" Daughter, "Yes". Me, "Your GROUNDED! One week. No friends after school. You can ride your bike with your Brother outside but you cannot play with your friends. If you do...you'll be grounded to the inside of the house. The grounding ends next Saturday morning. Now call and apologize to those 3 girls Mother for being part of the lie."

The Wife came around finally. Once she heard our conversation, she quickly realized just how smart her little girl has gotten.

ST, I feel your pain. I have a son and a daughter, and so far the daughter has been so much more difficult to raise. Let us know how the whole thing turns out.

FirstandGoal
1/7/2006, 12:07 PM
If I was her grandmother, I would make her some cookies.

:D
Perfect payback for having to raise your kids.... I have actually threatened my children into behaving by telling them that I will spoil their kids rotten if they don't watch it

Howzit
1/7/2006, 12:08 PM

Dream on. ;)

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 12:12 PM
Dream on. ;)
I know....lol

ChickSoonerFan
1/7/2006, 12:29 PM
My step dad always says what hurts them as children, helps them as adults. I very much believe that. Good job dad. :)