PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote About VY

LifelongSooner
1/7/2006, 11:48 AM
on the radio earlier. If he stays, he NEEDS another year of education. :D

So what do you think? Will he stay or will he go?

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2006, 11:51 AM
I think he needs another year of freshman English.:mack:

He's gone.

Blues1
1/7/2006, 12:02 PM
I've been thinking he will go pro - but now something tells me he's not that smart and will come back for mack - and IF he does I also got a feelling it will be his worst choice because as good as he is - He's not above being injuried - His style of running straight up could cost him in the knees or anywhere down to his toes....JMHO....

Still R'

birddog
1/7/2006, 12:14 PM
I think he's pretty well edumacated.

Texas Golfer
1/7/2006, 12:39 PM
I, too, think he NEEDS another year of education. I don't think he needs another year of college football.

oumartin
1/7/2006, 12:43 PM
no way he goes pro!

birddog
1/7/2006, 12:49 PM
is that a no way...he goes pro!? or a no WAY he goes pro?;)

oumartin
1/7/2006, 01:01 PM
just what i said.
no way he goes pro ;)

TXBOOMER
1/7/2006, 10:22 PM
Put me down for staying one more year. I don't think he is bright enough to see how hot he is from a marketing standpoint along being being a top 3 pick. I truly believe Mack will talk him in to staying and playing for the vexass yonghorns. If he stays, the NCAA and the IRS need to investigate.

bluedogok
1/7/2006, 10:24 PM
How can he go back? I don't think they have ballroom dancing classes there.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 10:28 PM
generally players get worse the longer they play for Mack.

I think Vince is immune to this though. Since he bends like gumby when tackled, I think the only negative of coming back is getting handjobs from Mack as opposed to cash.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 10:32 PM
Ahhh, Mack's wife is making just about as much money as Mack is off her real estate biz....Mack and her can live off of his salary while he donates her money to VY and family....

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2006, 10:37 PM
generally players get worse the longer they play for Mack.

I think Vince is immune to this though. Since he bends like gumby when tackled, I think the only negative of coming back is getting handjobs from Mack as opposed to cash.

Apparently he's the exception to the way Mack and the other coaches generally coach/condition their players. It sounds like Vince may have sat down with them and explained what works with him and what doesn't work with him which is why you hear so much of Mack "loosening up." I saw in an interview where Mack said that he finally realized that with some players coaching less is coaching better.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/7/2006, 10:41 PM
I M we Todd did. I M sofa King we Todd did.

BajaOklahoma
1/7/2006, 11:21 PM
I wonder if Vincent has a language processing issue? It's about the only thing that I can think of to account for his lack of verbal skills, yet permit him to continue to make adequate "progress toward a degree." If so, I feel guilty in mentioning it.
If not, I hope somebody works with him before he turns pro this Spring. He will lose a bunch of opportunities if he can't present himself in a better light.
Seriously.

LifelongSooner
1/7/2006, 11:26 PM

:D

GottaHavePride
1/7/2006, 11:36 PM
I wonder if Vincent has a language processing issue? It's about the only thing that I can think of to account for his lack of verbal skills, yet permit him to continue to make adequate "progress toward a degree." If so, I feel guilty in mentioning it.
If not, I hope somebody works with him before he turns pro this Spring. He will lose a bunch of opportunities if he can't present himself in a better light.
Seriously.

I think he should have been taking a few public speaking classes. He doesn't seem dumb, he just seems like he has no idea how to speak in a professional setting.

BajaOklahoma
1/8/2006, 12:05 AM
I think he should have been taking a few public speaking classes. He doesn't seem dumb, he just seems like he has no idea how to speak in a professional setting.

That is a possibility. It just seemed to me that he was having difficulty in getting the words out. Not a stutter but similar in difficulty.
Even though we live down, I don't think I've heard him speak until this past week. See, you can avoid some of the orange things. :P

tbl
1/8/2006, 12:11 AM

My wife busted that out on me 8 years ago and had me to the point of rage. She was laughing her butt off as I screamed "I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID". I felt like a little kid being laughed at that didn't understand why... which is exactly what it was. At the time, I was reading a very true statement. ;)

tbl
1/8/2006, 12:24 AM
The one that needs to stay in school is Jamaal Charles. He actually needs to go back to second grade and learn how to talk. It's unbelievable how mush-mouth he is.

BASSooner
1/8/2006, 12:40 AM
The one that needs to stay in school is Jamaal Charles. He actually needs to go back to second grade and learn how to talk. It's unbelievable how mush-mouth he is.
yeah I remember when he talked in the all american game last year. Wow.

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 12:54 AM
That is a possibility. It just seemed to me that he was having difficulty in getting the words out. Not a stutter but similar in difficulty.
Even though we live down, I don't think I've heard him speak until this past week. See, you can avoid some of the orange things. :P

He isn't Dumb- he is just very usssed to talking the BLING Bling and was very happy he didnt say MOFO on national tv and shaaaaaat.

It is all good.

Young goes pro****

Texas Golfer
1/8/2006, 02:24 AM
Vinny's stock will get no higher than it is right now. He'd be a fool not to declare himself available next week. I just hope his verbal skills leave no doubt to that.

Doged
1/8/2006, 05:32 AM
Watching the VY press conference.....

Texans Owner Bob McNair: What'd he say? Could you make it out? Is he declaring for the draft or not?!?

Texans GM Charley Casserly: I don't know, dammit! What the hell does "maruga half arma loodie snabs" mean?

McNair: Huh? I thought he said his mother has a load of crabs! Rewind, rewind!

Casserly: It still sounds the same! Maruga half arma! Can we call the UT sports office and get a translation, maybe?

McNair: Ahhh! He must be staying in college.. look there! Mack Brown is clapping, dammit!

Casserly: No, no calm down. Mack always claps like that. Drives his wife nuts when they're doin' the dirty.

McNair: Oh. Well call ESPN then! They'll know.

Casserly: Hello, Mark May please. Thank you... Mark? Mark May? This is Charley.. Charley Casserly with the Texans....Huh? No, no I'm not a soccer player. The Texans are a pro football team here in Houston, Mark, and I'm the GM... yes, that's right... no, no the Oilers aren't here anymore... no, I'm sorry, but Bum Phillips isn't here anymore either... Listen Mark, if I may cut in for a moment... you were at the Vince Young pre...yes, yes he did play well.. umm... Godly may be a bit strong, but okay... yes we need to know, Mark, did Vince declare for the draft or not? What did he say?.. I see.. yes.. yes, I see. Well thank you, Mark.

McNair: What! What's the word?

Casserly: They don't know either, but they're going to print that he said he's staying for his senior year because they're already half finished writing next season's "greatest team ever" articles.

McNair: Huh? I thought USC was the greatest team ever?

Casserly: No, no, that was this year, Bob. There's a new greatest team ever every year, see. The latest is always the best.

McNair: Oh, I see. Well that's convenient, at least. So what now?

Casserly: I say screw 'im. Let's keep Carr and draft Reggie Bush.

McNair: Isn't he a little busy with the whole President gig to be coming here to play football?

Casserly: No, that's George Bush, Reggie's uncle.

McNair: Oh okay then. Well, you do what's best. Keep me informed, Charley. Oh, and let's get someone on staff that can translate this new language. I heard the college coach's are still wondering where half the kids from the Army All-American game are going. They tried making them put on hats to show what they picked but the kids kept getting confused and picking up the wrong hat....

(I'm gonna' feel kinda' bad if it turns out Vince really has a speech impairment lol)

AustinTXHorn
1/8/2006, 05:57 AM
It's the accent. That, and I think he was nervous. He ended up with around a 3.0 in his first semester at UT, so he's definitely not dumb.

tennsooner
1/8/2006, 08:23 AM
It's the gangsta. That, and I think he was jammin. He ended up with around a .03 in his first semester at UT, so he's definitely not smart.
There........fixed it for ya:D :D

GDC
1/8/2006, 09:14 AM
Young at heart of 2006 Big 12 race
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Columnist
1/8/2006

Hundreds of college football coaches will arrive Sunday in Dallas for their annual convention. The Big 12 Conference coaches, however, should skip the four-day AFCA event in Big D and head directly to Houston.

Upon arrival, they should set up a prayer vigil outside Mount Horeb Missionary Baptist Church. Because inside that church resides a man who will help Vince Young make a decision about the Texas quarterback's future.

Young, who personally carried the Longhorns to the 2005 national title with last Wednesday's win over USC in the Rose Bowl, has until next Sunday to decide if he will enter the NFL Draft. Young has said he will seek the counsel of his longtime pastor, the Rev. Samuel H. Smith.

If Smith advises Young to return to UT for his senior season, the rest of the Big 12 doesn't have a prayer to win the 2006 league title. The championship race would be over before it started.

Young is simply that good. That special.

UT coach Mack Brown would probably join his Big 12 peers at that prayer meeting. Shoot, he'd probably want to lead the parade from Dallas to Houston.

If Young's in Austin next fall, he'll make Brown one of the few coaches to win back-to-back national championships. If he heads to the

NFL, the Longhorns won't even be a consensus favorite to win their second straight Big 12 title in the South Division.

Even without Young, the Longhorns will be good. The way Brown is recruiting these days, Texas is going to be a conference title contender every year he's there.

"Mack Brown is kicking everybody's butt again in recruiting, but it's different," one coach said recently. "He used to just take "name" players, guys that were high on (recruiting) lists and sometimes turned out to be soft players.

"But now he's getting real players. I don't see anybody on his recruiting list that potentially can't play in the NFL."

But if Young leaves, Brown will have zero experience at quarterback. He can ask Oklahoma how that situation worked out for the Sooners this season.

That would mean OU would be the preseason favorite to win the South Division of the Big 12 and play North Division favorite Nebraska in the Big 12 title game.

As we all saw with his breathtaking performance against the defending national champion Trojans, Young is as close to a one-man team as college football has perhaps ever produced.

He carried his offense, and saved his team's defense.

Yes, UT's defense came up with a huge fourth-down stop to put the ball back in Young's hands for the game-winning drive. But Young wouldn't have needed to uncork his last-minute heroics if UT's defense had slowed the Trojans just a couple more times in the second half.

Conventional wisdom is that Young has taken his last direct snap from center wearing burnt orange. Why risk injury and lose the millions he'd make as one of the top picks in the NFL draft?

Young has said he wants to take care of his family financially. He could take out an insurance policy if he returns to UT, but it wouldn't pay him anywhere near what he'll make playing for the Houston Texans, New Orleans Saints or one of several awful NFL teams that desperately need him to do for them what he did for the Longhorns.

Unlike the Big 12 coaches, media members hope Young plays for UT next season. We're a sucker for a great story, that's why we loved it when Matt Leinart returned to UCS this season instead of taking his Heisman Trophy and two national titles to the NFL.

A year from now, we'll be saying the same thing about Adrian Peterson. OU's All-American running back and runner-up to Leinart in the 2004 Heisman race, is expected to bolt for the NFL after his junior season with the Sooners.

Like the coaches, we're selfish. But while they want to win championships, we just want to see the best players stay in college so we can enjoy watching and writing about them as long as we possibly can.

Given his competitive nature, Bob Stoops would undoubtedly say his OU team can beat Texas next October in Dallas with or without Young. So will the other 11 coaches who will face the Longhorns during the 2006 regular season. But all 12 will know in their hearts that they'll have little chance if Young remains the big man on the Texas campus next fall.

Stoops will be in Dallas this week for the AFCA convention. So if his Big 12 peers head to that church in Houston, don't be surprised if Stoops is the grand marshal of that coaching parade and leads the group prayer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Sittler 581-8312
[email protected].

bluedogok
1/8/2006, 11:18 AM
Hopefully his church needs a new building......