PDA

View Full Version : Let's be serious Leinart is...

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 02:19 AM
...OVERATED and dumb for returning for a meaningless senior year (ballroom dancing and no MNC)...and he lost millions by not turning pro while he was on top last year...

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:23 AM
...OVERATED and dumb for returning for a meaningless senior year (ballroom dancing and no MNC)...and he lost millions by not turning pro while he was on top last year...

Dumb? Yes to a degree, he'll still get paid well.....Overrated? only one loss in a 3 OT game to rival Cal b-4 the steers beat them.....one Heisman, 2AP, and 1 BCS title in between...;)

Jimminy Crimson
1/7/2006, 02:25 AM
He really stayed in college so he could spend some qt with the girls from Laguna Beach. :cool:

What a tool

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:28 AM
He really stayed in college so he could spend some qt with the girls from Laguna Beach. :cool:

What a tool

Yeah, he'll get a good look at some of those beautiful ragin cajuns when New Orleans gets him......I can only hope :D

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 02:28 AM
I actually heard on Sports Talk radio, some NFL draft "guru" and he said some thing like, "Sure, he's a high draft pick and a solid NFL QB but he IS NOT a franchise QB. Apparently he came back last year because he knew that he wasn't going to be picked ahead of Smith and whatshisname. Anyway, they were questioning his arm streangth and lack of a clean spiral on most of his passes.

Just telling you what I heard.

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 02:30 AM

What a toolI'm from Long Beach and you are correct, sir. Especially if you like asian chicks or at least part asian chicks. ;)

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:30 AM
I actually heard on Sports Talk radio, some NFL draft "guru" and he said some thing like, "Sure, he's a high draft pick and a solid NFL QB but he IS NOT a franchise QB. Apparently he came back last year because he knew that he wasn't going to be picked ahead of Smith and whatshisname. Anyway, they were questioning his arm streangth and lack of a clean spiral on most of his passes.

Just telling you what I heard.

Ask Brodney Pool and the rest of our 2004 secondary about his passes....:eek:

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 02:32 AM
Ask Brodney Pool and the rest of our 2004 secondary about his passes....:eek:I have my theory about what happened after we got down early and some of it includes players protecting their bodies and draft status.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:38 AM
I have my theory about what happened after we got down early and some of it includes players protecting their bodies and draft status.

Finally, someone who agrees with me...you would think someone on our D could motivate our guys to not take the biggest flogging in bowl history in front of a national audience.....:eek:

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 02:39 AM
Point: maximize your $$$ while you are on top.....or regret it...

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:40 AM
Point: maximize your $$$ while you are on top.....or regret it...

Take the $$$$$$$$$$$$ VY.....not everyday someone flashes $10 mil in your face for an autograph or two....

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 02:43 AM
I was talking about Leinart....

usmc-sooner
1/7/2006, 02:45 AM
ML seems to start flopping when he gets hit. In the NFL he goes to a sorry team which means he doesn't have the options he had at USC............he may be a huge bust but who knows?

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:47 AM
I was talking about Leinart....

Exactly, VY should take a good look at Lineart decision and how it may just backfire on him because he wanted college immortality and failed...:)

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 02:48 AM
For a guy that is 6'5 he somehow seems a bit fragile, doesn't he?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/7/2006, 02:58 AM
I'm not sure Leinart is overrated. I am positive, however, that he's overly full of himself.

"I still think we’re a better football team. They just made the plays in the end."

Assignment to Matt: find the oxymoron in your statement. Emphasis on moron. :D

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 03:03 AM
I honestly believe he is a "system QB" in the same light as Kliff Klingsberry (who BTW is getting paid in the NFL).

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 03:06 AM
I honestly believe he is a "system QB" in the same light as Kliff Klingsberry (who BTW is getting paid in the NFL).

Is Qwif Queensbury still with the Jets?? Whinert'll get paid good; he might be placed in a team like Carson Palmjob was with the Cincy Housecats...:rolleyes:

TheGodfather889
1/7/2006, 03:08 AM
Leinart's a tool.Personally I'm glad he came back since he lost his final collegiate game and will probably be picked by the Vagabond Saints.I hope he enjoys working out in a tent and using a high school locker room.And I hope Jammal Brown who will be his right tackle misses a couple of assignments since he's protecting his blind side.:D

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 03:14 AM
Leinart's a tool.Personally I'm glad he came back since he lost his final collegiate game and will probably be picked by the Vagabond Saints.I hope he enjoys working out in a tent and using a high school locker room.And I hope Jammal Brown who will be his right tackle misses a couple of assignments since he's protecting his blind side.:D

AMEN!!!!!!!!:)

FlatheadSooner
1/7/2006, 10:16 AM
Cocky and needed this new dose of reality.

Interestingly, I believe last year's NC game outcome led to his decision to stay in college one more year - like "this was easy, and I could handle this another year".

So, the silver lining to last year's OU loss is that we helped contribute to Matt's demise this year. Well OK, not so much his demise but taking him down a couple notches.

:D

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 10:22 AM
...an egotistical drunk.

aero
1/7/2006, 10:44 AM
Leinart's full of himself and seems like a real *** that needs to be taken down a notch or two. Overrated? Maybe. He was a very good college qb. They almost pulled it out over a good Texas team. And he made some pretty good throws. After he got the snot knocked out of him. I can't stand they guy but don't let your hatred of him blind you to the fact that he was pretty good in college. We'll see how good he is in the pro's. So what. He stayed and party'd an extra year. Hey, if we all could afford to do that it sure would be tempting. I doubt he notices his check being shorter than it would have been. Good for him. I wish we had knocked him out of the OB and stomped a mud hole in them but we didn't. I will forever hate them but won't kid myself into thinking we lost to a team that sucked. Let's move on.

BillyBall
1/7/2006, 10:47 AM
schadenfreude

Soonerman08
1/7/2006, 10:57 AM
Ask Brodney Pool and the rest of our 2004 secondary about his passes....:eek:

That doesn't say much, Reggie McNeal and Donovan Woods did the same thing plenty of times on our secondary. So what you say is meaningless.

oumartin
1/7/2006, 11:05 AM
i'll tell you what it says about the OU secondary or whoever is coaching it.
There are a couple three guys on NFL rosters from last years secondary.
Perkins, Poole, Nicholson and this is a secondary that absolutely got lit up on occasion and now the word that they used Chickoke(sp) the wrong way doesn't make one feel good about defensive back coaching.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 11:20 AM
That doesn't say much, Reggie McNeal and Donovan Woods did the same thing plenty of times on our secondary. So what you say is meaningless.

What is says about Lineart is that he threw the ball pretty damn good at the OB against us.....remember the first TD pass to Byrd??? Perfect spiral and placement right over the top of Rufus' head who had pretty damn good coverage.....Lineart should have left after such a performance...:rolleyes:

Indy Sooner
1/7/2006, 02:44 PM
i'll tell you what it says about the OU secondary or whoever is coaching it.
There are a couple three guys on NFL rosters from last years secondary.
Perkins, Poole, Nicholson and this is a secondary that absolutely got lit up on occasion and now the word that they used Chickoke(sp) the wrong way doesn't make one feel good about defensive back coaching.

Profound... I know most around here won't utter critical word one about the team or its coaches, but when the talent far outweighs the results...well, something is amiss.

How far did OU regress the moment Mike Stoops departed?

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 02:49 PM
Lot of sour grapes around here.

People seemed to forgive Troy Aikman for being a tool. I guess if he ends up leading the cowboys to a SuperBowl everyone will forget.

yermom
1/7/2006, 02:54 PM
i don't think Leinart lost that game, other than the play at the end he played pretty well

they blew a double digit lead in the 4th, i'd fault the defense and the coaching on that more than ML

he gave up some money to live like a rockstar for another year and try to win a 3rd AP trophy and maybe another Heisman, i get the feeling he doesn't need money too badly at the moment, i can't really fault him for that

i'm thinking he was delaying being the n00b and having to run for his life on the crappy team that drafts him... if he drops a few spots it means he might have a better chance to actually win some games on a better team :D

Bubba Duck
1/7/2006, 05:25 PM
I have my theory about what happened after we got down early and some of it includes players protecting their bodies and draft status.

No way Big Red Ron. Thats what the ducks were doing against OU ten days ago!! I figure the Ducks got at least 5 first rounders!
Just kidding.
Have not had a chance to really get back on here since the game and just wanted to say good game to y'all. Oh, and I thing you guy's got hosed in the polls. I really thought the writers would put OU ahead of some of the 9-3 teams; like BC at least. I'm sure you guy's are over it though with next year not far off.
I'm not sure if Oregon is a #12 team, I knew they were not a top 5 team. Not without Kellen Clemons any way. But hey, a top 15 finish is a big deal to me 'cause the ducks are never going to win a NT. They just don't have the fan base and they have to travel to LA and compete with USC and UCLA to get good recruits.

westcoast_sooner
1/7/2006, 05:29 PM
The next NFL bust at QB.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:29 PM
Dumb? Yes to a degree, he'll still get paid well.....Overrated? only one loss in a 3 OT game to rival Cal b-4 the steers beat them.....one Heisman, 2AP, and 1 BCS title in between...;)

Remember what they said about JW? "Oh...White just has all that talent, from the OL to the WRs...that is what made him so good." remember those comments?

Same can be said for Leinfart!

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:32 PM
Leinart's full of himself and seems like a real *** that needs to be taken down a notch or two. Overrated? Maybe. He was a very good college qb. They almost pulled it out over a good Texas team. And he made some pretty good throws. After he got the snot knocked out of him. I can't stand they guy but don't let your hatred of him blind you to the fact that he was pretty good in college. We'll see how good he is in the pro's. So what. He stayed and party'd an extra year. Hey, if we all could afford to do that it sure would be tempting. I doubt he notices his check being shorter than it would have been. Good for him. I wish we had knocked him out of the OB and stomped a mud hole in them but we didn't. I will forever hate them but won't kid myself into thinking we lost to a team that sucked. Let's move on.

Hatred? Maybe it isnt hatred from anyone.

Maybe it is the honest reality of things?

Ever see Matt Leinfart under pressure? Not exactly anything special.

Ever see Leinfart with a lot of time (due to the fact the OLine is trained to hold every down all away across the OL, but that is a different story)? looked very average!

The guy is a very average, or barely above average QB on a team loaded with (paid) talent!:eek:

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:36 PM
What is says about Lineart is that he threw the ball pretty damn good at the OB against us.....remember the first TD pass to Byrd??? Perfect spiral and placement right over the top of Rufus' head who had pretty damn good coverage.....Lineart should have left after such a performance...:rolleyes:

Remember ho many holds the OLine committed...err was called for?

Any average QB with decent arm strength can throw the ball precisely when you have all the time in the world to do so....The guy isnt very good when he is under the slughtest bit of pressure....

If it wasnt for the WRs making some spectular catches in that OB....he wouldnt have looked so great either...because he overshot a lot of them..and the WRs had to dive at a lof balls....the stickem they had worked great!:eek:

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 05:36 PM
Ever see Matt Leinfart under pressure? Not exactly anything special.

I saw him check to a 30 yard pass on 4th down against ND and nail it.

If that isn't pressure I don't know what is.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:41 PM
I saw him check to a 30 yard pass on 4th down against ND and nail it.

If that isn't pressure I don't know what is.

:rolleyes:

you dont have a clue to the type of pressure i am talking about do you?

Lets just say with guys in his face...or hurrying him....he isnt anything special...the guy has a crap load of talent on that team and it made him shine.

When he gets to the NFL and isnt playing against the weak Defenses of the PAC-10...well...All i have to say is, be prepared to cry with laughter...because he will be acting like the next Ryan Leaf.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 05:43 PM
I guess a QB is only good if he plays on a sucky team then.

I got a clue.

You want it?

Jason White would suck by your interpretation

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:44 PM
I guess a QB is only good if he playes on a sucky team then.

I got a clue.

You want it?

LOL....yeah, you are right....and yeah...i want it.

It is obvious you read more into it than what is actually there.

The guy when he is under a lot of heat from the defense is very average....if you couldnt gather that from my last post, sorry.

Octavian
1/7/2006, 05:55 PM
People seemed to forgive Troy Aikman for being a tool.

Not I.

Octavian
1/7/2006, 05:56 PM
i don't think Leinart lost that game, other than the play at the end he played pretty well

they blew a double digit lead in the 4th, i'd fault the defense and the coaching on that more than ML

agreed. ML's stats were great. 38 points should be enough to win a championship game

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 05:58 PM
Not I.
Nor I.

But I hate the Cowboys, so I'm not conflicted about it.:D

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 06:42 PM
The point is he took a needless gamble and lost....millions....

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:46 PM
The point is he took a needless gamble and lost....millions....
he had a chance to go down as a god and he took it.

He'll make plenty.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 06:48 PM
I'm no Matt Leinart fan, but the amount of dumping on him being done in this thread in relation to the thread a year ago where he was being semi-praised for not taking the money and running by coming back for another year is pretty amusing.

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 06:49 PM
I accept you view, I view it differently and I could be wrong, I just think the guy made a foolish mistake...

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 06:51 PM
Note to Scott D: "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:53 PM
I accept you view, I view it differently and I could be wrong, I just think the guy made a foolish mistake...
He may bust in the NFL, but he had a chance to be recognized as one of, if not the, best college QBs ever. If he didn't split votes with a teammate, he may have won another heisman. Though Vince was more worthy for this season.

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 06:54 PM
I understand the position, I just think it was the poor judgment choice....

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:57 PM
had he won the heisman, there wouldn't be a discussion about it.

IMO he would have been the first QB taken last year, and I agree it cost him a years salary and a slight bit of positioning on the draft, but he'll make so much that I'll never feel sorry for the turd.

yermom
1/7/2006, 06:57 PM
he had a chance to go down as a god and he took it.

He'll make plenty.

exactly. as much as i didn't want to see him do it, i think it's cool that he tried

there is more to life than money. i'm not sure if a couple million is going to matter to him in the long run anyway

Soonerus
1/7/2006, 06:58 PM
We'll see a few years down the road...I appreciate both of your thoughts...

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:01 PM
Note to Scott D: "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

heh...but how would you have felt if he'd been wearing Crimson and Cream instead of Maroon and Yellow?

OklahomaTrombone
1/7/2006, 07:04 PM
I didn't read this thread...did anyone bring up his elbow?

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 08:16 PM
I'm no Matt Leinart fan, but the amount of dumping on him being done in this thread in relation to the thread a year ago where he was being semi-praised for not taking the money and running by coming back for another year is pretty amusing.

I wasnt here last year...and I have always thought he is just an average or barely above average QB...and that it is the talent around him that has made him look good.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2006, 08:22 PM
Leinart is very good. The upcoming QB's for suc might be even better(Bodie and Sanchez) He*l, Sanchez even looks like Leinart.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:43 PM
Leinart is very good. The upcoming QB's for suc might be even better(Bodie and Sanchez) He*l, Sanchez even looks like Leinart.
oooo I wouldn't go that far with sanchez...booty was a student of norm chow;) along with leinhart so I think he will start. He'll be pretty good just not nearly as good as leinhart.

JPNSKER
1/7/2006, 08:46 PM
I didn't read this thread...did anyone bring up his elbow?

I'm thinking the same thing..... Leinart did have an injured arm last year and from what I recall, he came back to strengthen that arm after surgery. I don't think it was just a whim for him to come back, but I can't recall all the details..... He still needed a good dose of STFU! So I raise my Corona to you Matt, hope you can find some good land outside of NO.

FlatheadSooner
1/7/2006, 11:32 PM
great quarterback as far as we know...........

He took a big gamble going another season in college and must have thought his chances were good. Fortunately, they proved differently and I couldn't be happier.

None of us will know how good he will be in the NFL but I would guess he'll be at least average, if not better. Granted, he was under protection of one of the best offensive lines during the last two years. However, you have to give credit to his record.

I had a lot of respect for him.............until the post game interviews of Rose bowl.

Ding-dong, the Trojans dead!
:)

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 12:37 AM
great quarterback as far as we know...........

He took a big gamble going another season in college and must have thought his chances were good. Fortunately, they proved differently and I couldn't be happier.

None of us will know how good he will be in the NFL but I would guess he'll be at least average, if not better. Granted, he was under protection of one of the best offensive lines during the last two years. However, you have to give credit to his record.

I had a lot of respect for him.............until the post game interviews of Rose bowl.

Ding-dong, the Trojans dead!
:)

Those of you who feel matty can't take a hit are correct- He get's his bell rung and get's all floosy almost worst than Hyble- but at lesat Hyble really got hit hard. Lienart is a PUUUUUUUSY and it is a matter of time before we find this out- I would draft Young over him in a heart beat-

What does Marcus VIck comming out do to the top 3 draft mix? Quarterbacks?

MD

SCOUT
1/8/2006, 01:35 AM
Those of you who feel matty can't take a hit are correct- He get's his bell rung and get's all floosy almost worst than Hyble- but at lesat Hyble really got hit hard. Lienart is a PUUUUUUUSY and it is a matter of time before we find this out- I would draft Young over him in a heart beat-

MD

Hybl can be criticized for a lot of things, but I don't think taking a hit is one of them. 90% of D1 QB's would have quit at mid-season. He didn't and managed to win the Rose Bowl MVP.

More to your point, Leinert can take some hits but appears to be reluctant to run, or hold on to the ball, afterwards. If he is drafted high he will be on a crappy team and this propensity could really cause trouble.

yermom
1/8/2006, 01:41 AM
i don't know how Hybl got up sometimes

he was a tough SOB

Jimminy Crimson
1/8/2006, 01:43 AM
i don't know how Hybl got up sometimes

he was a tough SOB

mmm, super onion burger! :P

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 01:51 AM
Hybl can be criticized for a lot of things, but I don't think taking a hit is one of them. 90% of D1 QB's would have quit at mid-season. He didn't and managed to win the Rose Bowl MVP.

More to your point, Leinert can take some hits but appears to be reluctant to run, or hold on to the ball, afterwards. If he is drafted high he will be on a crappy team and this propensity could really cause trouble.

***I was more reffering to Hyble getting shaky in the knees baaaddd.. certainly not his toughness.. or willingness better yet. "But got knocked out"

Yeah - Lienart to me and too your point doesn't like getting hit period"not that he can't take one". That is what I am saying he is going to get killed in the NFL-

How much better do you think he is than the Miami Quarterback that came out in 2003- Dorsey - that guy is getting killed at San Fran... and if lienhart is subject to that--- he will be terrible and may not last- THUS HE WAS AFRAID OF THE NFL last year obvoiusly and didn't want to go to SAN Fran probably because he was watching more west coast games at the time...

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 01:55 AM
Dorsey wasn't a high draft pick because people knew he didn't have the build for the NFL.

Matt has been projected as a top pick because he does have the build and tools.

Matt may not succeed, but he'd different than Dorsey.

The Consumate Showman
1/8/2006, 01:59 AM
I think Lineart=Carson Palmer if he gets on a team that has a decent OL and WRs.....he hasn't had to deal with adversity yet, we'll see how he handles it at the next ;evel...

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 02:20 AM
I think Lineart=Carson Palmer if he gets on a team that has a decent OL and WRs.....he hasn't had to deal with adversity yet, we'll see how he handles it at the next ;evel...

Not Dorsey- Alex Smith....

Carson Palmer got three years to develop---- He may still not be totally better/experienced than Kitna- but he played great this year and got 118 M.

Do you think Lienart will get 3 years to develop?? and I know you think I am pulling this out of my arse- but I am telling you I watch a lot of SC games this year and the ones that were close are when lienart is off and he got hit a little.. he just doesn't take it well- (acts like he is knocked out a little)

That is all I am sayin....

yermom
1/8/2006, 02:46 AM
he did have a concussion at some point

Texas Golfer
1/8/2006, 03:17 AM

MD

Marcus not only won't play a part in the top three, he won't go in the first round.

OklahomaTrombone
1/8/2006, 12:05 PM
Not Dorsey- Alex Smith....

Carson Palmer got three years to develop---- He may still not be totally better/experienced than Kitna- but he played great this year and got 118 M.

Do you think Lienart will get 3 years to develop?? and I know you think I am pulling this out of my arse- but I am telling you I watch a lot of SC games this year and the ones that were close are when lienart is off and he got hit a little.. he just doesn't take it well- (acts like he is knocked out a little)

That is all I am sayin....

3 years to develop with the Bengals?

You mean the one year he was on the bench and then this year and last year that he's been playing?

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:07 PM
3 years to develop with the Bengals?

You mean the one year he was on the bench and then this year and last year that he's been playing?
please don't confuse the conversation with facts.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2006, 12:17 PM
For God's sake, it's H-Y-B-L. It's really not that difficult.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:19 PM
For God's sake, it's H-Y-B-L. It's really not that difficult.
when Onyengona*&)&^% joined the team everyone just gave up trying.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 12:31 PM
I think Lineart=Carson Palmer if he gets on a team that has a decent OL and WRs ...
if I had a decent OL and WR corps I could be a good nfl QB. fact is, leinart may not get one... and he'll get clobbered. look how good peyton mannin gis, troy aikman, favre, montana. they all had/have a good OL.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:36 PM
if I had a decent OL and WR corps I could be a good nfl QB. fact is, leinart may not get one... and he'll get clobbered. look how good peyton mannin gis, troy aikman, favre, montana. they all had/have a good OL.
BS.

If any of us had a shot at being an NFL QB we wouldn't be posting on sundays.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 12:43 PM
BS.

If any of us had a shot at being an NFL QB we wouldn't be posting on sundays.
exactly!!! i have a crappy OL - couldn't make the playoffs;)

but i throw a real pretty spiral:D

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 12:46 PM
exactly!!! i have a crappy OL - couldn't make the playoffs;)

but i throw a real pretty spiral:D
you are weak in the flats.

they'd pick you and take it to the house every time.

fadada1
1/8/2006, 12:48 PM
you are weak in the flats.

they'd pick you and take it to the house every time.
so is crissy simms. ask rocky calmus.

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 02:20 PM
OK, I admit, I could care less about Leinart and his poor decisions...this is/has been psychological warfare aimed at Vince Young....