PDA

View Full Version : Ngata going pro...

yermom
1/7/2006, 02:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AstRC8a0zCzGT1Vv_JWPbY0cvrYF?slug=ap-oregon-ngata&prov=ap&type=lgns

looks like he wasn't hurt too bad in our game...

might make our return trip to Oregon a little easier

sounds like what he needs for his family though

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:25 AM
Good news for OU, especially AD and our OL; bad news for the Quackers....

tennsooner
1/7/2006, 08:35 AM
In the city of Austin, it is illegal to have wire cutters in one's pockets and in Dallas, it is illegal to possess realistic dildos. Texass.....a fine place to raise your prized steer. Showman, is this an attempt to explain why the university of texas is located in Austin instead of Dallas?:D :D :D

1/7/2006, 08:52 AM
I know his family concerns are probably legit, but how refreshingly sincere would it be to hear a kid say, "Hell yeah, I'm gone. Cha-CHING!"

Seems like every declaring player has family issues to consider these days. I don't think they need to explain anything. It's a huge mountain of money being thrown at them, fer cryin' out loud.

olevetonahill
1/7/2006, 09:44 AM
I know his family concerns are probably legit, but how refreshingly sincere would it be to hear a kid say, "Hell yeah, I'm gone. Cha-CHING!"

Seems like every declaring player has family issues to consider these days. I don't think they need to explain anything. It's a huge mountain of money being thrown at them, fer cryin' out loud.
Agreed , These kids attend a university to ensure thier future , be it thru making the pros in sports or buisness . If they can go pro and make the big bucks, why risk the injury?

FirstandGoal
1/7/2006, 11:37 AM

Totally agree. Why is it that there is social pressure for a kid to stay in school when there are millions being thrown at them? Everybody made such a big deal out of it when Whinehart stayed. Yeah, that ballroom dancing is real academically impressive.

Anybody out there who says they wouldn't take that kind of money is either lying or insane. If it were my kid, I would tell him to take the money and run. You can always get your degree later.

OUthunder
1/7/2006, 11:41 AM
Farewell. Enjoy the money in the NFL.

westcoast_sooner
1/7/2006, 12:16 PM
Whose family wouldn't benefit from having that kind of income? The whole idea of getting a degree is to help your chances of making a better living (unless you get one in art history). But when you have the ability to go out and make several million dollars in just a couple of years, it makes much more sense to go for the big payday, and do it while you're stock is high. Go back to school and finish the degree in an offseason or after your playing days are over.

Widescreen
1/7/2006, 12:39 PM
He only had 2 tackles against us so I don't know how much of an impact he had - unless we had to double up on him so much that other guys were able to crash the backfield. And I don't remember that happening a lot either.

yermom
1/7/2006, 12:48 PM
i think Iglesias or Kelly knocked him out of the game in the first half

OUthunder
1/7/2006, 01:35 PM
He only had 2 tackles against us so I don't know how much of an impact he had - unless we had to double up on him so much that other guys were able to crash the backfield. And I don't remember that happening a lot either.

WE had to double team him the entire game, that's the impact he had on the game, especially the running game.

Texas Golfer
1/8/2006, 01:48 AM
I hope his mother gets the care she needs. I wish him and her good health and good luck.

The Consumate Showman
1/8/2006, 01:51 AM
Showman, is this an attempt to explain why the university of texas is located in Austin instead of Dallas?:D :D :D

No, just looking for a quick sig and found this on a site....I'm working on changing it.....:)