PDA

View Full Version : FOREIGNER vs BAD COMPANY

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2006, 01:11 AM
Hows about it, '70's fans. I always thought the Foreigner song "Hot Blooded" was perfect for Bad Company. I like a lot of the Foreigner songs, but I think I lean toward Bad Co.

IronSooner
1/7/2006, 01:14 AM
I guess I'd have to go with BC too...hell they did have a self-titled song. Not many can say that.

william_brasky
1/7/2006, 01:18 AM
Bad Company, hands down.

Foreigner loses it due to their wuss ballad phase.

SoonerBorn68
1/7/2006, 01:20 AM
Um, I gonna disagree. Foreigner rawks!

SoonerWood
1/7/2006, 01:39 AM
Foreigner!

Juke Box Hero carries them in spite of all the wussficated years

FirstandGoal
1/7/2006, 01:54 AM
Its close but I gotta go with BC on this

royalfan5
1/7/2006, 04:35 AM
Foreigner. I never really like Bad Company at all.

bigdsooner
1/7/2006, 06:35 AM
bad company, i like em both though. i feel old

GDC
1/7/2006, 06:56 AM
Free/Bad Company>Foreigner, but I have a nostalgic soft spot in my geriatric whorn hating heart for both of them.

SoonerProphet
1/7/2006, 09:56 AM
Personally, not a real big fan of Foreigner. Paul Rogers on the other hand does have some talent. Had a pretty cool outfit with The Law that had David Gimour on a track, but also Bryan Adams so I guess it kinda cancels out. Also did a tribute to Muddy Waters and you can't forget The Firm.

I'm radioactive.

King Crimson
1/7/2006, 11:14 AM
a little factoid: i believe Bad Company was the only other band on Zeppelin's Swan Song record label.

i heard the Paul Rogers Muddy tribute on the radio one night driving through Arizona, it was pretty mediocre.

was it the Orange Bowl with the "special live video performance" by PR and Queen? Brian May looks exactly the same as he did in 1979.

i'll give BC the nod, maybe on the strengh of Free's All Right Now vs. Lou Gramm's ballady schlock--even though midnight blue is a great cheeseout.

GDC
1/7/2006, 11:14 AM
Personally, not a real big fan of Foreigner. Paul Rogers on the other hand does have some talent. Had a pretty cool outfit with The Law that had David Gimour on a track, but also Bryan Adams so I guess it kinda cancels out. Also did a tribute to Muddy Waters and you can't forget The Firm.

I'm radioactive.

Plus he's fronting what's left of Queen now.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2006, 12:50 PM
Plus he's fronting what's left of Queen now.Yeah, what's up with that? Anybody heard him sing "Bohemian Rhapsody", yet? How about "Another One Bites the Dust"? So, who's gonna be the Jim Morrison replacement with the resurgent Doors?:P

GDC
1/7/2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? Anybody heard him sing "Bohemian Rhapsody", yet? How about "Another One Bites the Dust"? So, who's gonna be the Jim Morrison replacement with the resurgent Doors?:P

Ian Astbury of The Cult, last I heard.

OUthunder
1/7/2006, 01:41 PM
Bad Company, hands down.

Foreigner loses it due to their wuss ballad phase.

Maybe, but those ballads got many a young guy laid back in the day. :D

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 01:49 PM
I guess I'd have to go with BC too...hell they did have a self-titled song. Not many can say that.
There were subtle about it.

Most of the time bands that mention themselves turn me off.

SEE every rap artist.