PDA

View Full Version : Mr. V-Y is turning pro!!!

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:14 PM
Just heard from a reliable source that is from Tyler, Tx. who knows Tim Crowder DE and Aaron Ross DB (John Tyler High) and he said that one of the starting "22" said that Vince addressed his teammates and let them know of his decision. Remember where you heard it first....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 09:19 PM
strange, a reliable source just told me he knew who was buried in grant's tomb. i, of course, scoffed at the notion...

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 09:20 PM
strange, a reliable source just told me he knew who was buried in grant's tomb. i, of course, scoffed at the notion...

Who??????????/:confused:

auto
1/6/2006, 09:21 PM
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.:D :D

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:23 PM
OK... Ok.... Vince told me himself... I tried to keep it a secret Vince I swear it.

TheLadiesMike
I have a friend that is works for a full-serivce shoe store in Austin. Says Vince went to buy a pair of shoes today. NFL shoes.

eastxsooner
No seriously... No B-S.. Crowder and Ross let the cat out in Tyler...

william_brasky
1/6/2006, 09:24 PM
Remember where you heard it first....

ok :rolleyes:

OUGreg723
1/6/2006, 09:25 PM
I have a friend that is works for a full-serivce shoe store in Austin. Says Vince went to buy a pair of shoes today. NFL shoes.

NOO!!!:D

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:26 PM
Vince Young going Pro, according to TOC

Quoted off the Old Coach site

Quote- " I have it directly from one of the starting 22 at UT. He has already told close teammates and will announce to an Austin crowd. Done deal! "

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:29 PM
http://www.theoldcoach.com/

oufan1
1/6/2006, 09:31 PM
http://www.theoldcoach.com/
thanks that confirms it :rolleyes:

william_brasky
1/6/2006, 09:33 PM
Vince Young going Pro, according to TOC

Quoted off the Old Coach site

Quote- " I have it directly from one of the starting 22 at UT. He has already told close teammates and will announce to an Austin crowd. Done deal! "

What are you trying to say?

http://web.telia.com/~u87727183/lassie.jpg

oufan1
1/6/2006, 09:34 PM
What are you trying to say?

http://web.telia.com/~u87727183/lassie.jpg
haha!:D

TMcGee86
1/6/2006, 09:37 PM
Lance Zurlien said the same thing today on Houston sports talk radio. (610 am)

He said that it is a done deal and should be announced within 3 days.

He said he got that from multiple sources. And he is usually dead on.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT SECOND BEYONCES!!!!!

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks TMcGee.... we do live in Texas i think...or is this Kansas?

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 09:42 PM
Hopefully he's not a waffler....

Rocker
1/6/2006, 09:43 PM
Its true should be announced sometime next week.

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:44 PM
I believe New Orleans assured him of being at least the number 2 pick because Houston isn't giving up on Carr. That would leave LeinFart to go to Tennessee where he and Chow Chow can begin playing grab *** again in front of the fellow Condom Jeff Fisher...

eastxsooner
1/6/2006, 09:49 PM
Do you think his paycheck will clear the bank playing for New Orleans? Then again, Benson could move the team to L.A. and well... Leinhart and Bush will be like so yesterday and stuff.

LifelongSooner
1/6/2006, 09:49 PM

I heard that Geraldo Rivera was seen heading that way with a camera crew. IT MUST BE TRUE!

oumartin
1/6/2006, 09:58 PM
I think Frosty Rucker heard Vince tell him he was going pro as he was running by him one time on Wednesday night.

Foty
1/6/2006, 10:02 PM
Lance Zurlien said the same thing today on Houston sports talk radio. (610 am)

He said that it is a done deal and should be announced within 3 days.

He said he got that from multiple sources. And he is usually dead on.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT SECOND BEYONCES!!!!!

I miss listening to SR610. John and Lance really know what they are talking about. I wouldn't doubt he'll go.

Don't they stream now?

TMcGee86
1/6/2006, 10:06 PM
I miss listening to SR610. John and Lance really know what they are talking about. I wouldn't doubt he'll go.

Don't they stream now?

Actually yeah they do stream. It's sportsradio610.com

I love John and Lance. I think they are the best sports show in Texas. IMHO of course.

And Lance pimps SF.com all the time.

josh09
1/6/2006, 10:07 PM
i dont care if he goes pro or not, half of me wants another shot at him to whipe that smirk off his face, but then i realize that the texans O-Line will help him on that the way that they play....

David Earl
1/6/2006, 10:11 PM
This rumor is a rumor, but there is some credibility to it, you people.

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 10:12 PM
He's going pro I don't need a source to tell me that. When you are a top 5 pick 99.9% of the time you are gone. Leinart was that .1% that would even think about staying.

David Earl
1/6/2006, 10:13 PM
I'm sorta with Josh. I'd like OU to play Vince again. Of course he's already 1-2 against us, but 10-3 would be fun.

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 10:16 PM
If he DOES come back we would still beat Texass...

LifelongSooner
1/6/2006, 10:17 PM
i dont care if he goes pro or not, half of me wants another shot at him to whipe that smirk off his face, but then i realize that the texans O-Line will help him on that the way that they play....

Part of me hope he stays too. It's a very teeny tiny part though :D

Seriously, it will be their mantra from now on when they lose. "If we only have Vince here......"

So I'd rather he stay, so they won't have an excuse in October.

No wait....I'm conflicted here. He WAS a freak Wednesday.

:rolleyes:

CtheB
1/6/2006, 10:21 PM
Why wouldn't he turn pro? I heard that if the NFL thing doesn't work out, he's the people's choice to succeed Ariel Sharon as the Israeli Prime Minister. (This is according to some Texas fans I know. :)

josh09
1/6/2006, 10:26 PM

Seriously, it will be their mantra from now on when they lose. "If we only have Vince here......"

So I'd rather he stay, so they won't have an excuse in October.

No wait....I'm conflicted here. He WAS a freak Wednesday.

:rolleyes:

actually, alot of people didnt notice something this year in Dallas. we held "invincible" to only like 15 yards on the ground or something like that. the running backs did alot of the work in that game. weve also held him low all the other years weve played him too. were basically his toughest challenge, and im not just saying that to brag.

oumartin
1/6/2006, 10:28 PM
yeah, and we generally hold their running backs too unless one pops one for 80 plus yards.

josh09
1/6/2006, 10:32 PM
ya, that one play was gay.

or the whole game was.

OU-HSV
1/6/2006, 10:42 PM
yeah, and we generally hold their running backs too unless one pops one for 80 plus yards.
Yeah that never should have happened :mad:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 11:21 PM

either your very secure or the sheep don't care ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 11:22 PM
yeah, and we generally hold their running backs too unless their OL holds the one guy that can make the tackle and allows one to pop one for 80 plus yards.

fixed

IronSooner
1/6/2006, 11:27 PM
I'm a little torn too. I think we can beat them even if he comes back, but part of me is really anxious to see what he does in the pros. I'm not a big personal fan of him or Reggie Bush, but after watching both play in college I really want to see what they do in the NFL.

TheGodfather889
1/6/2006, 11:31 PM
If this is true then the Golden Hat and the Big XII should just be handed to the Sooners!!

Texas Golfer
1/7/2006, 12:30 AM

The Warren Commission is now saying that Grant may not be the one buried in Grant's Tomb. Could this be another conspiracy theory?

LifelongSooner
1/7/2006, 12:40 AM
actually, alot of people didnt notice something this year in Dallas. we held "invincible" to only like 15 yards on the ground or something like that. the running backs did alot of the work in that game. weve also held him low all the other years weve played him too. were basically his toughest challenge, and im not just saying that to brag.

Yeah, I'll admit the score made me overlook that part of the game. :rolleyes:

LifelongSooner
1/7/2006, 12:42 AM
either your very secure or the sheep don't care ;)

I dunno what ewe are talking about.

yermom
1/7/2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I'll admit the score made me overlook that part of the game. :rolleyes:

that or the 3 TD's he threw

ouflak
1/7/2006, 01:16 PM
If this is true then the Golden Hat and the Big XII should just be handed to the Sooners!!

Even if it isn't true, I think we win the Golden Hat and Big XII next year. Heck I hope Vince is the favorite for the Heismann going into the game! That would be beautiful. We have a very, very good record when the opposing team has the about-to-be-Heisman-winner playing for their team.

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 01:33 PM
I think I saw eastxsooner last night....;)

http://www.singingmountain.org/mrs-natalies-tarot-t.jpg

BoomerJack
1/7/2006, 01:55 PM
If this turns out to be accurate I think it's the best thing VY could do. His stock in the NFL draft won't be any higher than it will be this spring. The only way that it would decline would be if he were involved in some sort of criminal allegations. From what I understand about the young man and his history, I don't think that's gonna happen.

sooneron
1/7/2006, 04:36 PM
I believe we held him to 62 yards on the ground, with a 45 net, due to 3 sacks. Along with 241 yards passing. Of course, he didn't need to be all world against us this year.
Will he go pro?

http://gamesarefun.com/staff/tito/8ball.gif

SoonerShark
1/7/2006, 04:42 PM
Let's see...all of the talk is how VY's family is so poor, then he talks about all of the pro games he attended in a recent interview I watched. To afford those tickets he must be making at least $350,000.00 per year at UT. He does not need to turn pro until next year.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:07 PM
fixed

Yeah, but that one guy was Rufus, and he whiffed..and wasnt held on the play.

sooneron
1/7/2006, 05:15 PM
Untrue, their Olineman was holding the arm of one of our dbs.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:25 PM
Well, they area saying the same thing on whornsfans.scum.

I would provide the link for you...but it looks like they deleted the thread now.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:27 PM
Untrue, their Olineman was holding the arm of one of our dbs.

One of them...but the guy that whiffed the tackle was running free and just missed...and that person was Rufus....that play sticks in my like a dagger in the back...it was ugly...there was holding on it...i agree...but regardless, Rufus flatout missed the tackle on that play.

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2006, 05:28 PM
Well, they area saying the same thing on whornsfans.scum.

I would provide the link for you...but it looks like they deleted the thread now."Thou shalt not speaketh anything against the whorns."

Longwhorn Girlie

TMcGee86
1/7/2006, 05:31 PM
ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Houston Texans received word Friday, Jan. 6, from an intermediary representing Texas QB Vince Young that the Houston native is leaning strongly to also going pro. As noted earlier, even if Young heads to the NFL, the Texans have decided to draft USC RB Reggie Bush - if he turns pro as expected.

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports Texas QB Vince Young could be drafted at No. 3 by the Tennessee Titans in the 2006 NFL Draft - if he turns pro, as expected. Young would be mentored by Titans QB Steve McNair, who is hoping to sign a new contract with the club for the 2006 season.

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2006, 05:40 PM
ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Houston Texans received word Friday, Jan. 6, from an intermediary representing Texas QB Vince Young that the Houston native is leaning strongly to also going pro. As noted earlier, even if Young heads to the NFL, the Texans have decided to draft USC RB Reggie Bush - if he turns pro as expected.

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports Texas QB Vince Young could be drafted at No. 3 by the Tennessee Titans in the 2006 NFL Draft - if he turns pro, as expected. Young would be mentored by Titans QB Steve McNair, who is hoping to sign a new contract with the club for the 2006 season.Where are you digging that crap up, I don't see it at their site?

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 05:48 PM
"Thou shalt not speaketh anything against the whorns."

Longwhorn Girlie

LOL...my bad....please forgive me for saying honest things about the whornscum :eek:

I got the link off my site....a whorn fan posted it on a thread about this very issue.

and it is now deleted.

tanjou
1/7/2006, 05:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283797

That has the quote.

Octavian
1/7/2006, 06:02 PM
Reggie goes to Houston...

Leinart to New Orleans..:P

and VY to Tennessee where he could reunite w/ his mentor.

Looks like Vince wins more than just the NC.

...add the pending departure of mighty Lendale, and this was a pretty bad week for trojan fans.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 06:04 PM
and VY to Tennessee where he could reunite w/ his mentor.
it's been reported that his mentor wants to go to Miami.

yermom
1/7/2006, 06:06 PM
strange that they both have pretty strong ties to the Titans

Octavian
1/7/2006, 06:07 PM
it's been reported that his mentor wants to go to Miami.

Even better. They can sell him the "play right away" card. ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 06:11 PM

no, it was latimer and he got horse collared which is "holding".

sooneron
1/7/2006, 07:03 PM
Anyone have the pic of the UTerus Olineman holding the arm of one of our dbs just a couple of yards away from JCharles downfield?? Someone posted it in the week following the game on here.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:10 PM
Jonathan Scott was busy on that play, he horsecollared Latimer to get Charles away from him then he pretty much tried to grab and hug Nic Harris right after, freeing Charles completely, and the ref was right there watching it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 07:18 PM
Jonathan Scott was busy on that play, he horsecollared Latimer to get Charles away from him then he pretty much tried to grab and hug Nic Harris right after, freeing Charles completely, and the ref was right there whipping him until he did it.

fixed ;)

Scott D
1/7/2006, 07:25 PM
well I didn't think it was going to be proper to say that the ref was busy counting his money from Deloss Dodd while that play took place ;)

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 07:26 PM
Trojans just held again on 4th and 1.

tbl
1/7/2006, 08:02 PM
...add the pending departure of mighty Lendale, and this was a pretty bad week for trojan fans.

Have you seen the recruits they have committed already? 8 in the top 100, and the lowest was ranked 46. There are a number of others that haven't nailed it down to one school, and USC is on a vast number of their schools.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 08:06 PM
hypothetical question:

would you have have traded aaron miller, jason carter, michael hawkins, and brodney pool for TGRW to stay one more year?

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:07 PM
is this a trick question?

Harry Beanbag
1/7/2006, 08:14 PM
hypothetical question:

would you have have traded aaron miller, jason carter, michael hawkins, and brodney pool for TGRW to stay one more year?

Unfortunately, it seems that every highly ranked USC recruit turns into a stud. Fred Davis might be an exception, but he still plays. When our highly ranked recruits bust, they either suck and don't contribute or just flat out leave the program.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah I thought it was kind of gay that they had 2 REALLY good receiver recruits that they don't even need but, they are slow as he**!!

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 08:20 PM
no, it was latimer and he got horse collared which is "holding".

Okay, and why is it the play i have on tape shows that guy was lunging to his left to make the tackle...that is not a sign of being horsecollared

but whatever...I know there was holding on the play that wasnt called, but i seen a very clear mistackle and the guy wasnt being held...regardless if it was Rufus or Latimer.

If you got it on tape or DVD watch it again, if you can....it makes me freaking sick to watch it.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:25 PM
probably because you were focusing on Rufus being there to make the tackle but trying instead to strip the ball.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 11:47 PM
Unfortunately, it seems that every highly ranked USC recruit turns into a stud. Fred Davis might be an exception, but he still plays. When our highly ranked recruits bust, they either suck and don't contribute or just flat out leave the program.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

our coaches have issues with suffering fools and guys that take a little longer than normal to adjust...

TMcGee86
1/8/2006, 01:50 AM
Where are you digging that crap up, I don't see it at their site?

KFFL.com

TMcGee86
1/8/2006, 05:34 PM
Huh. Guess it wasn't crap after all.

brown town sooner
1/8/2006, 06:54 PM
I was sitting in my living room this afternoon and heard this enormous sound come out of nowhere. It took me a while but I finally realized it was the entire state of Texass saying "Oh Sh!@" when Vince announced he was going pro.

ouflak
1/8/2006, 06:58 PM
Too bad really. I was quite looking forward to beating that team next year.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 06:59 PM
Too bad really. I was quite looking forward to beating that team next year.
It's better this way.

I'd rather have a blow out than a close win anyday..........:D