PDA

View Full Version : 2000 florida st. vs. 2005 USC

PDXsooner
1/6/2006, 07:58 PM
i know the media wants to act like texas just beat the '85 bears, but if you remove the hype and look at the two teams, OU's win was against a much better team.

check past results -- http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_1a.htm

ProdigyDub
1/6/2006, 08:20 PM
2005 USC would have planted that FSU team. They wouldn't have shut down their offense like OU did, but they would have won by 2+ TD's easily. This is a pretty sad post.

PDXsooner
1/6/2006, 08:26 PM
this USC offense is hands-down one of the best ever. but they didn't have near the defense they've had for the last 3 years. their reputation has been carried over from year to year, but they came very close to losing a couple of times.

i really believe if you sift through the media hype, this win was against a very very good, not great team.

OklahomaRed
1/6/2006, 08:34 PM
this USC offense is hands-down one of the best ever. but they didn't have near the defense they've had for the last 3 years. their reputation has been carried over from year to year, but they came very close to losing a couple of times.

i really believe if you sift through the media hype, this win was against a very very good, not great team.

You are correct. I said the same thing. By NCAA stats, their deffense when we played them last year was rated #2 in the country. Their deffense when texass played them was rated #45.

I'd say that's a pretty big difference. :texan:

85sooners
1/6/2006, 08:45 PM
2005 USC would have planted that FSU team. They wouldn't have shut down their offense like OU did, but they would have won by 2+ TD's easily. This is a pretty sad post.:rolleyes: face the facts

ProdigyDub
1/6/2006, 10:13 PM
:rolleyes: face the facts

:rolleyes: yes the indisputable "facts" that the Sooners in 2000 definitely beat an FSU team that was clearly better than a USC 2005 team with 34 straight wins and 2 Heisman trophy winners.

TXBOOMER
1/6/2006, 10:44 PM
:rolleyes: yes the indisputable "facts" that the Sooners in 2000 definitely beat an FSU team that was clearly better than a USC 2005 team with 34 straight wins and 2 Heisman trophy winners.

I give it up to the Vexas Yonghorns. It was the greatest single player effort I've ever seen. I'm not gonna say that the 2000 FSU team was better than the 2005 suc team either. But even a Vexas Yonghorn fan has to admit that last years suc team was far better than this years. You don't loose those defensive starters and fall from the #2 rated defense to the # 47 rated defense and say your just as good as you were the previous year unless your an absolute retarded fool. F The Vexass Yonghorns.

goingoneight
1/7/2006, 12:00 AM
Hey, if Vincy does well in the pros, good for him. He was very fortunate the way he moved and took hits through the years that he didn't end up like Jason White. Believe me, staying healthy made all the difference between UT winning and UT seeing another 65-13 game... and I don't mean in their favor.
Face it Sooner fans, the whorns flat-out........ outstaged us... Their offense was about the same as OU 2004, good running game and phenominal passing stats, but a strong, well-organized UT defense owned the 2005 BIG 12 and the SUC kids.

goingoneight
1/7/2006, 12:01 AM
What's to say we won't outstage them next year??? The war must go on!

85sooners
1/7/2006, 12:05 AM
:rolleyes: yes the indisputable "facts" that the Sooners in 2000 definitely beat an FSU team that was clearly better than a USC 2005 team with 34 straight wins and 2 Heisman trophy winners.;) tell him about it

Soonerman08
1/7/2006, 12:59 AM
Hey, if Vincy does well in the pros, good for him. He was very fortunate the way he moved and took hits through the years that he didn't end up like Jason White. Believe me, staying healthy made all the difference between UT winning and UT seeing another 65-13 game... and I don't mean in their favor.
Face it Sooner fans, the whorns flat-out........ outstaged us... Their offense was about the same as OU 2004, good running game and phenominal passing stats, but a strong, well-organized UT defense owned the 2005 BIG 12 and the SUC kids.

Problem you don't realize is they faced a much weaker 'SC defense than we did.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2006, 01:17 AM
2005 USC would have planted that FSU team. They wouldn't have shut down their offense like OU did, but they would have won by 2+ TD's easily. This is a pretty sad post.You're on the wrong board. Our opinions shouldn't count to you guys. Stop wasting your/our time.:mack:

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 01:29 AM
This post and the past BCS NC games should tell all college FB fans one thing......defense will win you championships more often than a great offense......in 04, USC had a great D as did OU, the differnece was that USC could cover the pass, which we couldn't, and they wrapped up on their tackles......Now, OU didn't do themselves any favors by truning the ball over left and right, but even if Jason and AD had played good games and bradley doesn't go after that punt, we still lose by 2 + TDs.....

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 03:17 AM
2000 fsu is not better than 2005 usc but 2000 OU > 2005 usc.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 03:20 AM

That would be a hellofa game....
Final score
OU 14 (2 safeties)
SuC 10

:D :D

Penguin
1/7/2006, 05:47 AM
I don't know. Will "Goose" McMinnis play in this game?

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 10:21 AM
SUC is the greatest team/dynasty ever. ;) There is no way you can compare the events in the 2000 Orange Bowl to the 2005 Rose Bowl because the whorns just got lucky with an extremely (nearly retarded ;) ) mediocre football team. :D

In 2000 OU beat an over-confident FSU team with a one of the Best Defensively Coached Teams to be in a MNC game...IMO.

PDXsooner
1/7/2006, 11:21 AM

no, this team had won 12 in a row. the program had won 34 in a row, not this team. that FSU team had a great defense, this USC didn't. big difference.

TXBOOMER
1/7/2006, 10:07 PM
That would be a hellofa game....
Final score
OU 14 (2 safeties)
SuC 10

:D :D

BS! FSU had a great defense. 2000 OU would score all over this shatty suc defense.

SoonerGOP
1/7/2006, 10:14 PM

OK. The 2005 team didn't have 34 straight wins. The 2005 team had 12 straight wins.

And the FSU team had 1 trophy winner.

I'd give a slight edge to this USC team, but think FSU's defense would have been more difficult for Texas to stop compared to USC.

Either way,

Texas shall forever suck.

bigdsooner
1/7/2006, 10:16 PM

agreed. for OU to hold one of the top O's in college to 0 points in tha OB was incredible. i think Stoops would have devised a great D game plan for 05 suc.

Harry Beanbag
1/7/2006, 11:05 PM
i think Stoops would have devised a great D game plan for 05 suc.

That's what I thought he would do for 04 suc. :(

GottaHavePride
1/7/2006, 11:16 PM
this USC offense hands-down averaged fewer points per game than Texas.

Fixed.

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 12:44 AM
You are correct. I said the same thing. By NCAA stats, their deffense when we played them last year was rated #2 in the country. Their deffense when texass played them was rated #45.

I'd say that's a pretty big difference. :texan:

IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE! SC's offense is the best- and they could have easily jumped on texas 14-zip or 21-3 and it would have been over - Texas was jumppy early. But that is not the case as we all know--

I would have to think the 99 Florida St. Team was better than 2000 and I would have to think that FSU 2000 was as good as Fresno St. and ASU and would have played SC 2005 very tough in a shoot out.

In fact any team that played USC tough knew they needed to somehow out score them.

GottaHavePride
1/8/2006, 01:10 AM
IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE! SC's offense is the best-

According to the NCAA stats page, this year USC's offense is #2 behind Texas. Similarly, on scoring defense (the stat that matters) Texas is #8, and USC is #35. For anyone to be calling USC one of the greatest teams ever is silly.

For comparison, in 2000 FSU was the #3 offense (we were #7) and defensively FSU was #2 and we were #7. (pre-bowl stats... NCAA.org stats don't include bowl games that year.)

so yeah, we beat a much better team that year than Texas beat this year.