PDA

View Full Version : One of our teachers at the school I teach...

Mrs. Norm
1/6/2006, 07:48 PM
had a heart attack yesterday in her classroom and passed away. She was our Special Education teacher. Me and three other teachers found her collapsed on her classroom floor. Fortunately, there were no kids in her classroom at the time. What made the situation worse was explaining it all to the kids. What a crappy few days. :(

Soonrboy
1/6/2006, 07:56 PM
I heard about that yesterday at the principal's meeting. That's rough..sorry your school is having to go through it.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 07:58 PM
had a heart attack yesterday in her classroom and passed away. She was our Special Education teacher. Me and three other teachers found her collapsed on her classroom floor. Fortunately, there were no kids in her classroom at the time. What made the situation worse was explaining it all to the kids. What a crappy few days. :(

That is horrible!! My daughter's bus driver passed away right before Christmas break and she has been having a hard time over it. Poor kids, and thoughts and prayers to the teachers family

Mrs. Norm
1/6/2006, 08:05 PM
That is horrible!! My daughter's bus driver passed away right before Christmas break and she has been having a hard time over it. Poor kids, and thoughts and prayers to the teachers family
As I said before, the kids weren't in the classroom, but most of the kids saw her laying on the floor in the room. Many of them were having a hard time with that fact alone. It was hard for me, so I can't imagine what it's like for them.

usmc-sooner
1/6/2006, 08:33 PM
that's terrible,

my prayers to you and your co-workers, and the teachers family

PhxSooner
1/6/2006, 08:53 PM
How awful. My son adores his kindergarten teacher; I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go through that. What a horrible event for you and your school.

And ditto what usmc said.

TUSooner
1/6/2006, 08:56 PM
How awful. My son adores his kindergarten teacher; I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go through that. What a horrible event for you and your school.

And ditto what usmc said.
Yeah, and ditto what PhxSooner said. Very sad.

1/6/2006, 09:11 PM
Oh goodness... very sad. I know it was tough, but at least the kids weren't the ones to find her. Hang in there.

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2006, 09:35 PM
Dang. I hadn't heard about that.

Prayers for you, the kids, other teachers and her family.

SoonerObsession
1/7/2006, 11:03 AM
Wow. I feel terribly for you and your school. I'm a 1st grade teacher and I know what a relationship can be like between a special ed teacher and their students. Not that regular classroom teachers don't have a bond, but S.E. teachers almost have a parental type relationship with theirs. I will pray for you guys.

MamaMia
1/7/2006, 12:15 PM
The special ed teacher in our town is a good friend of mine. I cant imagine how awful you all must feel. I will say a prayer.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/7/2006, 01:35 PM
Oh I wondered if that was your school. Bad bad deal

BajaOklahoma
1/7/2006, 02:54 PM
Very sad. Sympathy to family and friends.
And it is very hard to deal with telling the kids, especially elementary.

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 03:06 PM
Sounds like she died while doing what she loved.

I'm sure she'll be missed.