PDA

View Full Version : OU Depth Chart 2006

Desert Sapper
1/6/2006, 04:49 PM
Ok, I broke down the depth chart with what we should be looking at for next year in this excel file. Thoughts?
http://www.geocities.com/nate_crazyeldar/oudepth.xls

westcoast_sooner
1/6/2006, 05:02 PM
Nice work. I think we're good on D, assuming that we stay healthy, but the big question mark will be the OL.

milesl
1/6/2006, 05:08 PM
Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 05:13 PM
The OLine and DBs are the only 2 spots where there's question marks. But those were the bigger question marks on this years team.

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 05:29 PM
The OLine and DBs are the only 2 spots where there's question marks. But those were the bigger question marks on this years team.
CBs are the question marks. We are loaded at safety.

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 05:42 PM
With who? A bunch of unknowns. It sounds like Reggie may move to corner so I kinda like the corners. But safeties are all unknowns right now.

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 05:52 PM
Nic Harris, Darien Williams, Keenan Clayton, Jason Carter, Lewis Baker, Brian Jackson, Brett Bowers and thats all i know

snp
1/6/2006, 05:56 PM
Step 1: Don't use geocities for any site that's going to get more then 1 visitor
Step 2: ...

Step 3: PROFIT!!

And Lewis Baker at Safety again doesn't exactly placate me.

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 05:57 PM
And most of those are unproven. Some won't even play safety they'll play corner.

Hotrod33
1/6/2006, 09:04 PM
I believe Granger will be playing a lot this year. He could be freshman of the year if all pans out. Possibly McCoy if he comes. That will be a great rotation.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 09:08 PM
if you need space to post something, you can peem some of us. my host just decided to give me a buttload of space for $10 bucks. crazy bastards.

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 09:17 PM
I really hope Baker doesn't start...

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 09:45 PM
maybe marcus walker finally plays up to the hype.......

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 11:24 PM
or maybe the coaches make him get healthy

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 10:13 AM
Ok, I broke down the depth chart with what we should be looking at for next year in this excel file. Thoughts?
http://www.geocities.com/nate_crazyeldar/oudepth.xls
Lots of Green

EXCEL - lent!

Nice work.

SPEK.

birddog
1/7/2006, 12:48 PM
Who'd Nick blow?

Scott D
1/7/2006, 01:23 PM
maybe marcus walker finally plays up to the hype.......

separated shoulder(s) does not an effective corner have.

sitzpinkler
1/7/2006, 08:06 PM
I noticed you left Paul Thompson in as backup QB. I doubt he'll be reprising that roll with Hazle and Bradford coming in next year.

MojoRisen
1/7/2006, 08:23 PM
Nic Harris, Darien Williams, Keenan Clayton, Jason Carter, Lewis Baker, Brian Jackson, Brett Bowers and thats all i know

Is TONY CADE no longer on the Team? He is a Highschool All American...

Scott D
1/7/2006, 08:26 PM
Is TONY CADE no longer on the Team? He is a Highschool All American...

Cade transferred before this past season.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:29 PM
yup. Too bad he's a thug

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/7/2006, 08:31 PM
Baker played well for a guy playing his first season at a position, with all spring and summer to improve...who knows he might be awesome or even average.

MojoRisen
1/7/2006, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the Clarification- I guess we could stock a pretty good team with our transfers over the last 2 years. :mad:

OUGreg723
1/7/2006, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, forget the transfers. All I know is next year we are gonna be sick!!

All the other teams can...
http://forumspile.com/Flame-Bring_it_(Western).jpg

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 08:49 PM
heck yes. Offensively we are going to be insane. We have all kinds of weapons, a QB that can throw AND run and he will continue to get better and Kevin Wilson should be an amazing coordinator as we head onto the season. Only thing ?s there are the oline. Defensively, we have lots of guys coming back and BV needs to be more aggressive with these guys and teach them how to tackle and cover.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:36 PM
And most of those are unproven. Some won't even play safety they'll play corner.

Do everyone a favor and bite down on your tongue really hard....harder.....harder....hell, just bite the SOB off!

:eek:

When you become a sooner fan....let us know...aight?

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry for being honest. If you are scared about an inexperienced team next year we are more inexperienced on our weakest areas.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry for being honest. If you are scared about an inexperienced team next year we are more inexperienced on our weakest areas.
well then we'll just take care of that in off-season

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:43 PM

Last time i looked...I believe 11 different Olinemen started some point this season or played this season quite often.

4 are leaving....We have one OL that played in todays game. He have what 2 JUCO Oline coming in this semester......

We started what 12 Freshmen this year? Yeah...and they gained a lot of experience...something that you have never had....ever step on a football field? what about a College Football Field...any level?

Tell ya what....we all know that OU had to ride the waves of mediocrity this year...be something that you are not....a true fan and hope for the best and keep the negativity out of it....we are all well aware of the youth we have.

Now then...the DBs....last i looked...we have 4 coming in that has started this year...the biggest issue there is the Corners....we really dont have any true corners....and the last time I looked at the NCAA stats....this INEXPERIENCED DB group was even with the experienced one of 2004.

with all that said....learn something....read up....study it....because you are like that guy on that fedex commericial.....ALWAYS WRONG!

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 10:43 PM
So you'll gain regular season experience in an offseason? Wow that would be an unbelievable coaching job because they don't play a game between now and then. I think we'll have to hope that the line and dbs get better every game and we win a couple close ugly games early on. I doubt we win every game next year because of those weaknesses though.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:47 PM
So you'll gain regular season experience in an offseason? Wow that would be an unbelievable coaching job because they don't play a game between now and then. I think we'll have to hope that the line and dbs get better every game and we win a couple close ugly games early on. I doubt we win every game next year because of those weaknesses though.

It is clear you have never played a down of football..let alone went through an offseason.

Yes...you can gain valuable experience in spring ball...and the rest of the offseason.

Ever hear of the Spring Red & White game? It isnt a game against another opponent...but it is a game where our inexperience plays against our experience.

Im done...you clearly do not know jack about this game...when did you become a CFB Fan? OU fan? 2000?

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 10:47 PM
Well, we have Bob Stoops....and do you have ANY faith whatsoever in this team?

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 10:48 PM
The only younger guys that started a ton were Quinn and Cooper. Messner will be a Senior. The rest haven't really played since about the Texas game.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:48 PM

That answer is quite obvious....No he doesnt have faith

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 10:50 PM

I lost faith in him as a coach when he compared this team to the 2000 team.

Collier11
1/7/2006, 10:50 PM
The only younger guys that started a ton were Quinn and Cooper. Messner will be a Senior. The rest haven't really played since about the Texas game.

I dont know if you guys heard this, but during Stoops' interview on the animal a few days ago, he said that messner actually graded out the highest throughout the year, even better than joseph and chiassion!!! With messner, robinson, braxton, quinn and cooper we should be ok plus the jucos...as long as they keep improving

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:51 PM

They have played, have they not? They know what to expect, do they not?

it is better than coming in and starting without knowing what to expect.

Go play a game of football...and not sandlot either....play for a team, and experience how much these youngsters can grow together and learn the game from a freshman to a sophomore.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:52 PM

LMAO.....wow! :eek:

Do you live in Stoolwater?

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 10:52 PM
then you have issues man

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 10:54 PM
then you have issues man

I bet this tool admires both Less Milage and sMack Brownie.

Freaking sad!

Hey Nick...want John or Howard or Gary back?

or do you not know who they are?

Collier11
1/7/2006, 10:59 PM

Are you freakin serious!! THis team very easily could have been 11-1 even with as badly as we played in the first half of the season. All Stoops can do is coach them, he cant make plays for them. I thought stoops did a great job this year, of course I would have liked to be in the bcs like everyone else, but when we play the #1 schedule in the nation and mix that with playing the most freshmen in the nation, we should feel lucky that we did as well as we did!

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:03 PM
There was no way the coaching was going to allow his team to be 11-1

Collier11
1/7/2006, 11:05 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ok dude, are you sure you are a OU fan?? THe only major coaching mistake that I saw all season was allowing the qb race to go on without being settled all summer and fall, other than that I thought they did a great job

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:06 PM
Atleast I'm not of the opinion that our team just finished up a great year like everyone seems brainwashed into thinking.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:08 PM
Atleast I'm not of the opinion that our team just finished up a great year like everyone seems brainwashed into thinking.

No, your opinion is that OU sucks...and Bob Stoops sucks.

It wasnt great compared to the last 5 years...but it wasnt bad...like you are saying it was.

Why not go cheer for the whorns now...I heard they won a national championship just about 3 days ago.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:12 PM

Hey Nick...can you do a better job?

Better yet....what does these numbers mean.....3-3-5?????

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 11:13 PM
Hey Nick...can you do a better job?

Better yet....what does these numbers mean.....3-3-5?????
the defense we ran in 2000?

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:14 PM
I never said I could do a better job I just said that Bob's done a very bad job with this years team.

Collier11
1/7/2006, 11:15 PM
derrrtttt!!!!

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:16 PM
Oh and I've said the same thing about 100 times this entire season after almost half the games if not all the games. This has been BY FAR Bob's worst coaching job maybe even in his entire coaching career.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:19 PM
I never said I could do a better job I just said that Bob's done a very bad job with this years team.

LMAO....okay....and how long have you watched football? been a Sooner fan?

have you ever played football beyond junior high...and in your case, ill make an exception...ever?

Have you have been around what goes on...at any level?

injuries...How many injuries did we have on the OL? RB? WR? DL? DB? LB? QB?

How many Seniors did we have the luxury of starting? Juniors? Sophomores? Freshman?

Answer these for me....Because all of this has a profound effect on the game.

When i was in HS...my coach told us..."for every freshman you start, you will lose an average of 1 game per freshman starting"....and if this is a fact....Stoops did a HELLUVA job.

Collier11
1/7/2006, 11:22 PM
injuries, schedule strength, qb situation, loss of players to NFL(11 I believe) and freshmen starting...all that and we still could have easily won 10 or 11, horrible job coach stoops, go stand in the corner!

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:23 PM
Oh and I've said the same thing about 100 times this entire season after almost half the games if not all the games. This has been BY FAR Bob's worst coaching job maybe even in his entire coaching career.

And we can tell you have no idea what you are actually talking about.

12 Freshmen.

Not one week with the same starters on the Oline until late into the season.

Peterson injuried.

3 Freshman WRs starting early in the season

1 freshman QB that was though into the fire.

virtually no depth at the DBs, LBs, and DL.

Seems to me, since i have played and coach this game...that he did a remarkable job!

FYI...if you had became a fan a year earlier....you would know taht Stoops worse season was 7-5 in 1999 and he had a lot more experience on that team than this one!

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:24 PM
injuries, schedule strength, qb situation, loss of players to NFL(11 I believe) and freshmen starting...all that and we still could have easily won 10 or 11, horrible job coach stoops, go stand in the corner!

Oh and dont forget about losing a key coach almost every year since 1999.

I think 2002 was the only time we didnt!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 11:42 PM
okay, this thread is rolling downhill in a hurry. can we get a padlock?

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:48 PM
I keep hearing all this crap about playing so many freshman. Does anyone realize how much experience we had too? 4 OLinemen, 2 wrs, full back. 2 backup running backs, starting tight end, starting dtackle, starting linebacker, 2 corners that started most of the year. All seniors. Then you count in the starting running back, Thibs had some experience in 2004, Rufus was a proven star coming in pretty much. We had more experience on this team then anyone realizes. And most of it is gone now.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 11:53 PM
nick, the difference between going 12-0 and 8-4 can be razor thin sometimes (see ohio state 2002).

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 11:55 PM
Except we weren't really in close games in 2 of the games we played and we had no offense for the most part against TCU. There was about 2 good drives all game, one ended in a fumble inside the 10.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:56 PM
I keep hearing all this crap about playing so many freshman. Does anyone realize how much experience we had too? 4 OLinemen, 2 wrs, full back. 2 backup running backs, starting tight end, starting dtackle, starting linebacker, 2 corners that started most of the year. All seniors. Then you count in the starting running back, Thibs had some experience in 2004, Rufus was a proven star coming in pretty much. We had more experience on this team then anyone realizes. And most of it is gone now.

Ummmm...we only returned 2 Oline full time starters.
Both WRs got hurt
Both of the back up RBs got either hurt or suspended during the season.
tightend...what the hell is that? we didnt utilize them like we should have.

<shakes head> wow....now will you answer the question....have you ever played football or even been a manager of a team?

Seriously...because I know you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Opinion...that is all you have....no facts...because after a 2-3 start...guess what...that inexperience won 6 of the last 7...including a win over the then #6 team in the nation....If that is sucking....I would hate to see what you say if we finished the season 5-6 and bowl ineligible!

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 11:59 PM
Except we weren't really in close games in 2 of the games we played and we had no offense for the most part against TCU. There was about 2 good drives all game, one ended in a fumble inside the 10.

LMAO......and those 2 games would be?

i can think of one where we were in the game until late when sorry officiating came into play.

The other game was against a good Texass team.

Remember this Nick....OU lost to UCLA 41-24....and actually had a chance to tie the game in the fourth quarter, but the refs called a defensive holding that wasnt until after the INT....Compound this with 6 fumbles, 3 lost...and those 3 turned into points....yeah...we were in that game...more experience, we woudl have won easily.

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 12:01 AM
the defense we ran in 2000?

Stack: What is going on here- are we beating this guy up in the corner :)

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 12:01 AM
Bush was pretty much a full time started. He played as much as anyone the last few years at guard. Chester was the least experienced of the senior linemen.

Look you can say we won 6 of 7 but we played one good team those last 7 games and nearly lost all of those games. In fact the only one of those games we had won pretty much the whole way outside of the OSU and KSU games was the Nebraska game and they were a long pass away from possibly winning. We got lucky and won the close ones outside of the Tech game which we all agree we won. But it won't happen next year if things stay the same like they seemingly will. We still have weaknesses in the same 2 spots we had this past year. No one else but me seems to realize this.

silverwheels
1/8/2006, 12:05 AM
This message is hidden because NickZeppelin is on your ignore list.

I think this would help a lot of you...

OU_Sooners75
1/8/2006, 12:13 AM
Bush was pretty much a full time started. He played as much as anyone the last few years at guard. Chester was the least experienced of the senior linemen.

Look you can say we won 6 of 7 but we played one good team those last 7 games and nearly lost all of those games. In fact the only one of those games we had won pretty much the whole way outside of the OSU and KSU games was the Nebraska game and they were a long pass away from possibly winning. We got lucky and won the close ones outside of the Tech game which we all agree we won. But it won't happen next year if things stay the same like they seemingly will. We still have weaknesses in the same 2 spots we had this past year. No one else but me seems to realize this.

Not everyone here is dumb Nick.....and I will try to be nice...because your opinion really needs to be straightened up....

we played KU, Nebraska, TTU and Oregon....3 of those teams finished ranked in the top 25...and KU won their bowl game. In the last 7 games this team was learning how to win the tough games...I agree, it wasnt pretty...but in 10 years when you look at the record of this team it will always read 8-4 Holiday Bowl Champions....and get this...this team has done what those 2 runner ups in the MNC games didnt do...win their bowl game...against a top 10 team.

Things wont stay the same...that is exactly where you are wrong...

Two things will happen next year...1. We will either get worse. or 2. we will get better.

2 is most likely what is going to happen. This team was very young....we are only losing 12 from our 2 deep....that is 12 out of 44 that we lose that has had a lot of playing time this season....and get this....NONE are at key skilled positions like it was last year!

stop being a downer....it will only get better because of what we do have...

28 True Freshmen
13 Red Shirt Freshmen
24 Sophomores &
11 Juniors
On the 2005 Team.

In other words...with the top 5 recruiting classes now starting to become seniors in 2006....this could end up being one of the best teams in recent history for OU....Yes we have some quesstion marks...but not as many as you are thinking...in fact...the OL that you conitnue to say we will have problems with...the one that lost 4 guys....they didnt start together until the last 3 games (including bowl) of the season.

Be positive that is all we want you do to...if you want to talk your misguided opinions to your friends at home...then by all means do so....but we all know what is in store...but we all can see the light as well...you cant....but i suppose this is something to expect from a kid that just became a sooner fan the second year of the Stoops Era!

OU_Sooners75
1/8/2006, 12:14 AM

Maybe...but it is fun..and the misguided people need to be taught as well. ;)

silverwheels
1/8/2006, 12:17 AM
Maybe...but it is fun..and the misguided people need to be taught as well. ;)

I don't think that arguing with a brick wall is fun. But I guess some of you do.

MojoRisen
1/8/2006, 12:17 AM
Daniel TABON This guy can HITTTTTTTTT exactly what we need to impose a little fear in MOFO's trying to get cute on gaps and spreads....

Is it safe to say that ranked as the 3rd best DB in the country he is a 5 star recruit??? Or am I off base on this so called ATH??

OU_Sooners75
1/8/2006, 12:21 AM
Daniel TABON This guy can HITTTTTTTTT exactly what we need to impose a little fear in MOFO's trying to get cute on gaps and spreads....

Is it safe to say that ranked as the 3rd best DB in the country he is a 5 star recruit??? Or am I off base on this so called ATH??

The star rankings really mean very little. But yes, he should be one..but that isnt the case all the time...Demarco Murray was #2 All purpose Running back in the nation and the last 5 star recruit in that category.

OU_Sooners75
1/8/2006, 12:22 AM
I don't think that arguing with a brick wall is fun. But I guess some of you do.

I finished my piece...but you should see the fun we have at my site during the season...so this is actually pretty mild...but yea...i agree...it really isnt fun.

NickZeppelin
1/8/2006, 12:25 AM

You know I feel the exact same way.

OUGreg723
1/8/2006, 12:59 AM

http://forumspile.com/You-Are-Faith_Disturbing.jpg

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/8/2006, 02:00 AM

ah, but you hit the nail on the head. normally that razor thin edge is called the turnover margin. you take away 4 turnovers and we are 11-1. that sometimes is the difference between a great season and a good season.

The Consumate Showman
1/8/2006, 02:03 AM
ah, but you hit the nail on the head. normally that razor thin edge is called the turnover margin. you take away 4 turnovers and we are 11-1. that sometimes is the difference between a great season and a good season.

AMEN...TESTIFY!!

Collier11
1/8/2006, 02:31 AM

how many F'n' games did we almost lose in 2000, good lord get a clue! THats how football is

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/8/2006, 05:28 PM
If we go 9-3 then Bob Stoops is the best coach ever in college football. This team has no chance of going undefeated. OU has a better chance of losing out then winning out.

Uh dear :( poor Nick :(

Salt City Sooner
1/8/2006, 05:30 PM
Best. Post. EVAR.

Ban One Sooner
1/8/2006, 05:33 PM

You're right, we should just go ahead and forfeit next season.

Collier11
1/8/2006, 07:38 PM
geez this is dumb, I cant believe this conversation. Its completely cool to be critical of our coaches, they make plenty of money and its their job to produce. That being said, Stoops did all he could have done, he didnt tell lendy holmes to fumble that punt at ucla or the refs to call a phantom defensive holding on a momentum swinging INT. He didnt tell paul to fumble inside our ten or rhett to fumble inside their 10 against tcu, and he certainly didnt tell the refs to bareback us against tech. That is the difference between 11-1 and 8-4, and none of that is coach stoops' fault

GDC
1/8/2006, 07:41 PM

Or 55-19 versus a competitive national title game.

JohnnyMack
1/8/2006, 07:44 PM
I think the coaching staff did a terrible job of game planning and getting the team ready for TCU. Outside of that, we had a good season with what we had.

Collier11
1/8/2006, 07:46 PM
I agree with that jm, they def. should have picked a qb in the summer and not been so damn vanilla on offense. That is the one reason why im glad that chuck is gone, he was so simple in our first game or two of every game

birddog
1/8/2006, 07:49 PM
I'll ask again...Who'd Nick blow?
Please fess up.

JohnnyMack
1/8/2006, 07:55 PM
I think the Orange Bowl hangover lasted longer than expected. After the Tulsa game, this team was dangerously close to sliding into bolivian. Remember half time of the Tulsa game? I think we were all wondering if we'd win a game all year. That being said, I think Stoops held the team together and they grew up a lot. Take away JWhite, Clayt, BJ and Bradley along with Brown and you have an offense, that even with the talent coming in, and even with AD returning was bound to struggle early. Mix in an early season injury to AD and this season could have been disastrous.

Did we look good winning the games we won this year? No. In hindsight did we play some fairly tough opponents? Yes. Didn't our opponents go like 6 - 1 in bowls including 3 conference champs?

birddog
1/8/2006, 07:58 PM
So Texass is now Bolivia?;)

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 08:52 AM
OU should be pretty good next year. Would'nt just write Texas off too soon though.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 09:21 AM
OU should be pretty good next year. Would'nt just write Texas off too soon though.

shhh. this is our delusional phase of the year. ;)