PDA

View Full Version : Pic of Vince Young's knee down in the Rose Bowl

47straight
1/6/2006, 04:20 PM
Not looking to re-open any arguments about it, but I've looked high and low for a pic of the touchdown pitch by Vince Young in the rose bowl with his knee down. I need it for humorous purposes.

TIA, and sorry if it was already posted somewhere.

colleyvillesooner
1/6/2006, 04:52 PM
Got his knees down in this one: :D
http://images.washtimes.com/photos/full/20051008-122339-6429.jpg

opksooner
1/6/2006, 05:01 PM
Got his knees down in this one: :D
Yeah, this one is much better.

BajaOklahoma
1/6/2006, 05:44 PM

No matter what he does with the rest of his life, this is what I will picture when I hear his name. Forever. And ever. :D

colleyvillesooner
1/6/2006, 05:52 PM
Different angle :D
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9940/vinceyoungcrying375x2662hy.jpg

TJKDone
1/6/2006, 06:12 PM
Pleading for mercy on behalf of those whose inevitable doom is drawing nie:D

Just not fair to have to stand before the Vince.

Hook'em

:mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack:

tennsooner
1/6/2006, 08:41 PM
Pleading for mercy on behalf of those whose inevitable doom is drawing nie:D

Just not fair to have to stand before the Vince.

Hook'em

:mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack:
Either that or hitting the position for his boyfriend later that night.:D :D :D

aTm2004
1/7/2006, 12:18 AM
Which one do you want?

This one?
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2627/vincedownunedited4gp.jpg

Or this one?
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8108/vincedown9zg.jpg

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 12:27 AM
Ya know what, even if it was down. That is one of the stupidest rules in College Football. How many awsome runs in the nfl have we seen after a guy trips and gets up to continue?

OklahomaTrombone
1/7/2006, 12:29 AM
Ya know what, even if it was down. That is one of the stupidest rules in College Football. How many awsome runs in the nfl have we seen after a guy trips and gets up to continue?

He was being tackled from behind, you can see the USC dude with his other legged wrapped up, so he would have been DBC anyway.

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 12:32 AM
He was being tackled from behind, you can see the USC dude with his other legged wrapped up, so he would have been DBC anyway.Ahh, well I missed the game, I had to coach my daughters basketball team and we did ice cream after. I assumed he tripped.

yermom
1/7/2006, 12:40 AM
all it would have done was add to his yardage

Readyfor8
1/7/2006, 12:46 AM
Not only that but it was a forward lateral. Unless its a fumble (which it wasn't) it was an illegal play on many fronts... Probably should have cost them yardage instead of given them a TD.

yermom
1/7/2006, 12:54 AM
was he beyond the LOS?

SCOUT
1/7/2006, 01:00 AM
Ahh, well I missed the game, I had to coach my daughters basketball team and we did ice cream after. I assumed he tripped.

More importantly, did your daughter's team win?

DCSooner
1/7/2006, 01:00 AM
Doesn't matter, If he was ruled down, they still would of gone to the endzone. At this point of the game, they were moving the ball at will.

FirstandGoal
1/7/2006, 01:43 AM
Doesn't matter, If he was ruled down, they still would of gone to the endzone. At this point of the game, they were moving the ball at will.

Not to mention that this play actually helped suc later on because it would have taken them longer to score the inevitable td and then there wouldn't have been enough time for suc to have scored the fg at the end of the half.

aTm2004
1/7/2006, 02:27 AM
Not only that but it was a forward lateral. Unless its a fumble (which it wasn't) it was an illegal play on many fronts... Probably should have cost them yardage instead of given them a TD.
He could have thrown the ball 20 yards and it wouldn't have mattered. If he fumbled it, it wouldn't have mattered because he was down. Would he have scored anyway? Who's to say, they've been stopped before.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 02:36 AM
The main point here is that the replay officials didn't have enough common sense to stop the game. Heard later on ESPN that the equipment they were using actually malfunctioned and they still let the game go on; you would think they could look at the big screen in the stadium and see they needed to stop the game! If we are going to have replay at the college level, use the damn thing!!!

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 02:44 AM
More importantly, did your daughter's team win?It was actually a rescheduled practice because Monday night was a holiday. But darn it those girls are gettting soft. :D We got pounded by Kelly Ogle's team and ran he ran the score up on us. It was like 22 - 4.

Effin Prick.:D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/7/2006, 03:01 AM
If we are going to have replay at the college level, use the damn thing!!!

Agreed. This will be another "whining point" (like a "talking point") for USC for years.

DCSooner
1/7/2006, 02:00 PM
Has anyone talked about the 15-20 seconds that were taken away for no reason? I don't remember the specific play, but the clock was supposed to stop. Me thinks, if Suc had that extra time, I wouldn't be watching Vince Young specials during every news broadcast.

boomrsoonr
1/7/2006, 06:02 PM
was he beyond the LOS?

By about 10 yards. ;)

sooneron
1/7/2006, 07:06 PM
By about 10 yards. ;)
what he said....

tbl
1/7/2006, 08:07 PM
Who cares? They were inside the 10 and would have probably scored again anyways. We should have played Alabama in the Cotton Bowl, but I'm not going to go ahead and proclaim us 15th in the country and Cotton Bowl 2006 winners, just b/c the refs made an awful call.

The angle I'll always remember VY from....
http://tamu-and-baseball.com/pics/vyoung2.jpg

Seamus
1/7/2006, 09:06 PM
Wonder if Kelly Ogle is related to Donny and Rick Ogle ... ?

Light Beer
1/8/2006, 09:58 AM
I'd hardly call that play the difference maker in the game. After all USC stormed back and was up 38-26 with 6 minutes left in the game but failed to convert a 4th down. Hell, Drew Kelson's dropped int wasn't reviewed either. He clearly had possession when he hit the ground.

colleyvillesooner
1/8/2006, 10:18 AM
I'd hardly call that play the difference maker in the game. After all USC stormed back and was up 38-26 with 6 minutes left in the game but failed to convert a 4th down. Hell, Drew Kelson's dropped int wasn't reviewed either. He clearly had possession when he hit the ground.

If the ball slipping out the bottom of his grip, "possession", then, yeah, he had it. :D

TexasLidig8r
1/9/2006, 10:02 AM
If the ball slipping out the bottom of his grip, "possession", then, yeah, he had it. :D

Of course, if you mean, it slipped out of his grip after he hit the ground, bounced twice, jumped up once, slipped, hit the ground, bounced three times and THEN, it came out of his grip.. then, yes... it may have slipped out the bottom of his grip. :D

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 10:12 AM
This is is lame. Coulda woulda shoulda. There were several bad calls in this game, or no calls, for both teams. They ruled eachother out in my opinion and the bottom line is USC wa sup 12 with 6 minutes to go. No excuses..they did not execute and it cost them the game. The thing about football is everyone wins or loses together. You can point fingers and say this or that but a team loses. As a team, USC lost. I know you hate Texas, but aren't we above aggie-moves?

The Consumate Showman
1/9/2006, 10:38 AM
I loved it when Lineart thought HE of all people was gonna sneak for the first down late in the game!!! Too bad Reggie wasn't there to give him a push like the ND game.......

MojoRisen
1/9/2006, 02:38 PM
Who cares? They were inside the 10 and would have probably scored again anyways. We should have played Alabama in the Cotton Bowl, but I'm not going to go ahead and proclaim us 15th in the country and Cotton Bowl 2006 winners, just b/c the refs made an awful call.

The angle I'll always remember VY from....
http://tamu-and-baseball.com/pics/vyoung2.jpg

Where is the GIMP that is supposed to be in this Picture??? Please fix it!

yermom
1/9/2006, 02:58 PM
Where is the GIMP that is supposed to be in this Picture??? Please fix it!

i think he's sleeping

Herr Scholz
1/9/2006, 03:21 PM
Which one do you want?
Can you also show us the results of the aggy bowl game?

a&m moral victory #5,642.