PDA

View Full Version : US ARMY HS ALL-STAR GAME THIS SAT 12NOON

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2006, 10:31 AM
Don't miss it. I've watched it the last couple or three years, and it's a blast. You've got college quality athletes,(a bunch of 4 star and 5 star guys) and many of them are announcing their college choice for the first time during this game. Couple of years ago Peterson announced for OU, and Ted Ginn Jr. for tOSU, etc. It's noon central time on NBC.

Tear Down This Wall
1/6/2006, 10:34 AM
Where?

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 10:35 AM
San Antonio.

Tear Down This Wall
1/6/2006, 10:37 AM
Hmmm. That's a nice little jaunt down from Dallas.

westcoast_sooner
1/6/2006, 10:37 AM
Should be 1:00 PM EST on NBC. I'm planning to watch or Tivo. I want to see some of these kids who are going to be at the next level next season - hopefully some of them playing for the Sooners.

TJKDone
1/6/2006, 10:57 AM
My understanding is that UT has six current commits playing in the game. No one undecided who may commit. It is a fun venue especially if one of your recruits commits. Roy committed to us last year at half time.

Hook'em

1/6/2006, 11:06 AM
My understanding is that UT has six current commits playing in the game. No one undecided who may commit. It is a fun venue especially if one of your recruits commits. Roy committed to us last year at half time.

Hook'emThis thread wasn't intended for you. In fact, you're on the wrong website. Go to 35moreyrs.next.:texan:

TJKDone
1/6/2006, 11:08 AM
A bit sensitive aren't we.

Just taking my time between Hornfans, you guys, texags, and weareusc.com.

It was a pretty civil comment wasn't it.

Oh well, I love the sooner hate. It just makes me feel even more cheeky about winning the GAME OF THE CENTURY.

Hook'em

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 11:11 AM

Oh well, I love the sooner hate. It just makes me feel even more cheeky about winning the GAME OF THE CENTURY.

Hook'em
go away nobody cares

1/6/2006, 11:12 AM

Hook'emI do appreciate your team stopping the suc win streak. Buh-bye

sooneron
1/6/2006, 11:17 AM

Hook'em
Ah yes, the game of THIS century!

TJKDone
1/6/2006, 11:28 AM
Sooners always care about what Longhorns say. It is just the way it is.

Hook'em

NormanPride
1/6/2006, 11:33 AM
We've got a few guys playing in there. Roark the West Center, McCoy who's a DT... I think Adron Tennel should get some PT at WR for the west... And we've got some prospects out there as well. Murray at RB, a few LB guys, Symonette at OT or OG (can't remember which). Should be fun!

dorph31
1/6/2006, 11:55 AM
Sooners always care about what Longhorns say. It is just the way it is.

I'd say the same for you horns too.

C&CDean
1/6/2006, 12:33 PM
I wear burnt orange panties on my head. It is just the way it is.

Hook'em
Fixed.

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 12:39 PM

Hook'em

If Bush cuts back into the middle of the field with 18 seconds left.......;)

BillyBall
1/7/2006, 11:01 AM
SAN ANTONIO, Tex. - With so many top players expected to announce their decisions today, we figured that one huge Farrell's Forecast was in order, listing everyone who is on the list to announce and where recruiting analyst Mike Farrell thinks they're headed. Here's the breakdown led by the highest-ranked player set to commmit, West linebacker Allen Bradford, one of many players expected to choose the Trojans of USC.

Starting out with Bradford, this one comes down simply to a battle between UCLA and USC. At one point, even as recently as a few weeks back, it looked like a close race. But Bradford, the nation's No. 1 linebacker, has shown more love to USC over the last few weeks, cheering for them during the national championship game with some teammates. This was a close race for most of it, but the guess here is USC.

Forecast: USC
Confidence Level: High

Moving on to another five-star recruit, wide receiver David Ausberry has always been paired with USC in recruiting forecasts. The big receiver took official visits to Georgia and Ohio State and came away impressed with both, but once Percy Harvin chose Florida, Ausberry was apparently a done deal. He didn't want to come into a situation with too many wide receivers and feels USC is just right.

Wide receiver Terrence Austin is down to UCLA, Arizona and Oregon as his final three and said on Thursday that he wasn't quite sure which one he'd pick just yet. In this case, he'll think long and hard about Oregon and Arizona, but he'll stay home and play for UCLA.

Forecast: UCLA

Offensive lineman Matt Carufel has been committed to Notre Dame since after the USC game. His family has been decked out in Notre Dame stuff this week. This one is easy.

Forecast: Notre Dame

Cornerback Jai Eugene has come down to LSU and Michigan as his two finalists and loves both schools and the opportunity they provide. But if Eugene had any doubts coming into the week, rooming with LSU commitment Al Woods has erased them all. However, ever since Carlos Brown chose Michigan out of the blue, I can't count them out so confidence level is medium. And even though he eliminated USC publically, it wouldn't stun me if he pulled a surprise and chose the Trojans.

Forecast: LSU
Confidence Level: Medium

Defensive end Maurice Evans took only one official visit, to Penn State, and has been to Happy Valley four times. He cancelled his Virginia visit and his recruiting coach left UVa. This one has all the suspense of a Friday the 13th movie.

Forecast: Penn State

Defensive tackle Joseph Faifili is on the list for an announcement but late word is that he might delay it now that new schools are showing interest. If he does choose today, it will likely be Utah.

Forecast: Utah

Running back Michael Goodson is down to USC and Texas A&M and is one of the most unpredictable players out there. However, inside word has Goodson headed to USC and attempting to fill the impessive shoes of Reggie Bush.

Defensive tackle Derrick Hill will announce today between USC and Cal and the Golden Bears have this one pretty much wrapped up. Hill has been favoring them for quite some time.

Forecast: Cal

Defensive tackle Butch Lewis has been one of the hardest players to read all week. While he eliminated Georgia early, there are rumors that his family might be making a late push for the Dawgs. Notre Dame and USC are the likely final two with the Trojans having the edge here in a close battle.

Linebacker Jarrell Miller plays for Highland Springs High School and their players always go to Virginia Tech. In this case it looks like Miller will buck the trend. He said he wants to leave the state and UNC has been the team on his mind the most. However, the Hokies are always making a late push on in-state kids.

Forecast: UNC

Running back DeMarco Murray has been the quietest player all week to media and teammates. But when USC told him they wanted him as a cornerback, he pretty much committed to Oklahoma, the team he was leaning towards anyhow.

Forecast: Oklahoma

Glenville, Ohio kids go to Ohio State. Defensive end Robert Rose is announcing for Ohio State. End of story.

Forecast: Ohio State

Cornerback Devin Ross is on the list to commit on Saturday, but I'm not sure if he will. If he does, I'm guessing he picks Oregon over Arizona, but it might be a moot point if USC offers in the next few weeks. Ross wants to be a Trojan and USC is looking at him much harder after his big week in San Antonio.

Forecast: Oregon

Linebacker Brandon Spikes will be one of the most anticipated announcements of the weekend. The big 'backer will choose between Florida, Alabama and Virginia Tech. Spikes told me he's going to "shock everyone" with a smile on his face. I don't believe him. I think he picks Florida, a school he has been linked to for awhile.

Forecast: Florida
Confidence: Medium

Cornerback A.J. Wallace is a very quiet kid, but he told he he was about 85% sure of his school on Thursday. This comes down to Penn State and Ohio State and the guess here is that proximity to home and Maryland ties win out.

Forecast: Penn State

Running back Emmanuel Moody seemed set to choose Miami last week, but his announcement got delayed by TV. Now he's supposedly ready to announce at the game and the pick is expcected to be USC. Sometimes recruiting works this way.

Other players possibly making their announcements that aren't on the official list include running back Stafon Johnson (USC), safety Jonas Mouton (USC) and wide receiver Jamere Holland (USC). Even if all three hold off, it looks to be a banner day for Pete Carroll and his staff.

From Rivals this morning....

Harry Beanbag
1/7/2006, 11:07 AM
I hate USC.

bluedogok
1/7/2006, 11:17 AM
All that game did was show me that my hate of USC was greater than that of the Whorns, although having to put up with all of this crap going on down here may change that quickly :mad:

jk the sooner fan
1/7/2006, 11:20 AM
i always enjoyed writing the security plan for that event.....

sooner518
1/7/2006, 12:33 PM
We've got a few guys playing in there. Roark the West Center, McCoy who's a DT... I think Adron Tennel should get some PT at WR for the west... And we've got some prospects out there as well. Murray at RB, a few LB guys, Symonette at OT or OG (can't remember which). Should be fun!
Did you just mean that he's from OKC? or that hes committed to OU?

Ruuuuuufus
1/7/2006, 12:42 PM
he's not committed to anyone at the moment.

For the record, game of this century = Miami vs Ohio St, Jan 03, 3OT

Blues1
1/7/2006, 12:48 PM
This Game sounds Like a USC Freshman vs Freshman game -- What is so cool about living in the pre-slum part of LA....?????

Did any of these Kids walk around the neighborhood ..??? -- :confused:

O'well ------ Still R'

snp
1/7/2006, 01:08 PM
Good, Moody went USC as expected. More then likely Murray is ours.

Should we make a gameday thread?

NormanPride
1/7/2006, 01:13 PM
while normanpride is off watching the army game...

apparently an osu commit dropped the ball on the opening play and an ou commit cleaned up the mess?

hehehe

(this is badger, not np)

snp
1/7/2006, 01:15 PM
while normanpride is off watching the army game...

apparently an osu commit dropped the ball on the opening play and an ou commit cleaned up the mess?

hehehe

(this is badger, not np)

Goodsen is an OSU decommit. I didn't see who recovered it.

Al Gore
1/7/2006, 01:15 PM
Good, Moody went USC as expected. More then likely Murray is ours.

Should we make a gameday thread?Yep

BillyBall
1/7/2006, 01:16 PM
Goodsen is an OSU decommit. I didn't see who recovered it.

Our very own Adron Tennell

snp
1/7/2006, 01:22 PM
Yep

Build it, and they will come (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59446)

Scott D
1/7/2006, 01:34 PM
well the Jai Eugene guess was wrong, he committed to Michigan.

snp
1/7/2006, 01:49 PM
Peterson highlight :cool:

Followed up by a Tennel catch.

snp
1/7/2006, 01:56 PM
Did everyone else leave? This game is kinda a yawner.

Snead not looking good also. I guess you can blame the ball for all the subpar QB play, since it's different then what they're used to.

snp
1/7/2006, 01:57 PM
Longhorn to Longhorn connection for a TD.