PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Tabon

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 10:19 AM
Rivals finally got his videos posted. Dude is a tackling machine. From watching the few plays on the video, he reminded me of TRRW in run support and tackling ability.

I think you need a subscription to watch them.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/prospectnam.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=46552&Type=2

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/DANIELTABON12_23150.JPG

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 10:50 AM
i don't know if this kid is going to be a player or not, but if we went after one more guy that was a lean body type and needed to gain 50 lbs i was going to scream (like morgan).

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 10:53 AM
People are calling him the George Cumby of the class.....Venables saw something in him I guess??????? time will tell....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 11:11 AM
they also said fred fleeks would be the next bosworth ;)

Mjcpr
1/6/2006, 11:34 AM
Finally a safety!!

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 10:10 PM
haha

OUGreg723
1/6/2006, 10:13 PM
People are calling him the George Cumby of the class.....Venables saw something in him I guess??????? time will tell....

I've heard he was a decent player...;)

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 10:30 PM
I've heard he was a decent player...;)

Let's hope so...:)

KingDavid
1/19/2006, 12:00 PM
The footage on this guy looks impressive. Who is he playing against? I don't know much at all about Oklahoma HS football.

Also, why isn't there any sort of ranking/rating on him on any of the services? It's been a while before he was listed - and this seems odd based on his times/wt. and stats - and the footage I saw.

The Consumate Showman
1/19/2006, 12:07 PM
The footage on this guy looks impressive. Who is he playing against? I don't know much at all about Oklahoma HS football.

Also, why isn't there any sort of ranking/rating on him on any of the services? It's been a while before he was listed - and this seems odd based on his times/wt. and stats - and the footage I saw.

I don't think he started all year long. Or as James Hale put it, he is OU's mystery recruit a la Juaquin Iglesias, Mark Clayton.....

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 12:08 PM
He played 5A ball I believe, which is the second largest class in Oklahoma.

He's supposed to get his stars today, the Rivals guys said he'll be a 3.

KingDavid
1/19/2006, 12:29 PM
I don't think he started all year long. Or as James Hale put it, he is OU's mystery recruit a la Juaquin Iglesias, Mark Clayton.....

Iglesias had three stars w/ rivals, if I recall. Not that it ultimately matters . . . but the momentum of having consistently high ranking recruiting classes has to count for something with the potential recruits, and I don't see a reason why they should leave him with the empty set for a ranking. But if he didn't start for most of the year, that could make sense.

We're going to be top 10 no matter what, but it's still sort of irksome to see that blank spot on the board.

KingDavid
1/19/2006, 12:33 PM
He played 5A ball I believe, which is the second largest class in Oklahoma.

He's supposed to get his stars today, the Rivals guys said he'll be a 3.

thanks - that's good to hear. mccoy sure got a pat on the back. It appeared that we jumped up in total points and moved into #7. did anyone else notice any movement or changed ratings/scores from our class outside of Murray's demotion? Did Tennell drop a few slots?

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 12:37 PM
I think Tennell went up a spot actually.

KingDavid
1/19/2006, 12:48 PM
I think Tennell went up a spot actually.

se bueno.

stoopified
1/24/2006, 03:20 PM
se bueno.Taco Bueno?Good idea,man I'm hungry.

Collier11
1/24/2006, 03:27 PM
I think it took so long to rank Tabon because he played alot of different positions on D. This is just what ive heard

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 03:52 PM
I think it took so long to rank Tabon because he played alot of different positions on D. This is just what ive heard

Let's hope Venables is right on his assumptions on Tabon's ability. OUInsider reported that Venables and the coaching staff thinks Tabon has the ability to be an All-American and Butkus Winner....

Lofty goals, let's see if Mr. Tabon can work hard and be our next Cumby.....:D

Collier11
1/24/2006, 03:57 PM
He has the build to be a superstar and apparently he is a hard worker...Look at TRRW before stoops and schmidt got ahold of him, he was like 30lbsoverweight and ran like a 4.6, after they got him he got down to the high 4.4's and turned turned that fat into about 25lbs of muscle. I will trust the coaches on this one

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 04:11 PM
He has the build to be a superstar and apparently he is a hard worker...Look at TRRW before stoops and schmidt got ahold of him, he was like 30lbsoverweight and ran like a 4.6, after they got him he got down to the high 4.4's and turned turned that fat into about 25lbs of muscle. I will trust the coaches on this one

That's why I hope we keep Schmitty. Here's another question: Were Bob and Schimtty tight down at Florida or was it something like Schmitty was getting a job and pay raise by coming with Bob to OU? Just wondered. Scmitty is another glaring reason we should be thankful of Stoops...Without Schmitty, I would wonder where some of our players might have ended up, as far as "fit" wise and conditioning.....

Collier11
1/24/2006, 07:02 PM
Well schmitty has hung around and been loyal to stoops when im sure he has had other offers, the only schools that can rival our conditioning are miami, usc, lsu, and maybe texas so Im sure people have been after him.

OUGreg723
1/24/2006, 07:51 PM
Shmitty loves Oklahoma, coach stoops, the staff and all of the players. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. I hope.

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 08:09 PM
I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. I hope.

Don't jenks us.....;)

KingDavid
1/25/2006, 12:45 AM
Taco Bueno?Good idea,man I'm hungry.

Geez that sounds good. I'm in freaking Austin and we're cursed with all these taco cabana's and not a single Bueno for 100 miles.

GDC
1/25/2006, 09:07 AM
Geez that sounds good. I'm in freaking Austin and we're cursed with all these taco cabana's and not a single Bueno for 100 miles.

Taco Cabana>Taco Bueno

NormanPride
1/25/2006, 11:54 AM
Taco Cabana>Taco Bueno

Thank you. Just because something tastes like grease and grade F meat does not make in TexMex. Cabana is actually a reasonably tasty place, and I'm from San Antonio, so I can say that.

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 01:08 PM
Thank you. Just because something tastes like grease and grade F meat does not make in TexMex. Cabana is actually a reasonably tasty place, and I'm from San Antonio, so I can say that.

I wish I could get my wife to go there more. Cabana is a good place to go. Plus, if your in town for a game day or have a sober buddy. they do serve beer. The only place I know of considered to be categorized "fast-food" restaurant to serve alcohol. ;)

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 01:09 PM
How do we go from Daniel Tabon to talking about Taco Cabana and Taco Mayo? We are just so damn-well creative thinkers IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronSooner
1/25/2006, 04:04 PM
Hey, at least we aren't talking about Taco Mayo. Nasty.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2006, 04:06 PM
Don't forget Taco Tico.

AllDay28
1/25/2006, 05:40 PM
or Taco Bell :eek:

jccouger
1/25/2006, 07:27 PM
Taco Johns

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 08:58 PM
Taco Bueno!

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 08:59 PM
Taco Casa?(Seminole in da house?)

BASSooner
2/1/2006, 12:09 AM
I really think this guy wll be really good. He seems to be more of a LB/SS type of guy. Good size and speed. His weight is alright too. Maybe gain about 5 pounds and he's set

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/1/2006, 12:12 AM
Taco Casa?(Seminole in da house?)

Durant as well HOLLA

colleyvillesooner
2/1/2006, 09:50 AM
Tabon signed at 8:44!

sooneron
2/1/2006, 10:14 AM
TRRW was NEVER under a 4.5 in the 40. His instincts were so good, that it seemed he was that fast.

Mozart Loves Switzer
2/2/2006, 10:10 AM
I am from Altus where this kid played football and yes it is way too early to know how he will progress at a big time D-I team, but he has alot of upside to him. There is no question he will take your head off!! He put a mean shot on Gresham during the Ardmore game along the sidelines even though Altus lost kinda big. This could be one of those kids that has been under the radar for some time but could be playing on Sundays....yes, it is too early to tell. Oh, BTW, Altus did beat McCoy and Southeast!! I know, I know, not saying much, huh?

start8
2/2/2006, 01:49 PM
As long as we can all agree to stay away from Taco Mayo then I'm a happy girl.

The Consumate Showman
2/2/2006, 04:13 PM
Durant as well HOLLA

Wow...you guys have mice crawling under the doors, too???
I;m only about an hour and 15 minutes from you......When do ya'll play BYNG??