PDA

View Full Version : preseason next year

East Coast Bias
1/6/2006, 07:42 AM
What do you guys know about which teams have returning players next year and who will be in the mix for the title? Seems to me the hype is going Ohio State's direction and possibly Texas. I wonder about second tier teams like West Virginia, ND, Wisconsin?? And do we leave VT, Miami and USC out of the mix? Any thoughts??

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 08:49 AM
I know Ohio State loses all their stud LBs and Santonio Holmes. Troy Smith and Ted Ginn will be back.

Based on their history, I would always leave VT out of the mix.

It looks like Notre Dame should be very good.

I would expect West Virginia to be in another BCS game based on their conference alone.

Texas will be the team to beat if Vince comes back.

stoopified
1/6/2006, 09:13 AM
Even if VY comes back anyone who thinks OU will not be a real threat next year must wear orange.

mrowl
1/6/2006, 09:21 AM
can't tell anything until after the 15th. Thats the deadline for the draft.

Tear Down This Wall
1/6/2006, 10:36 AM
West Virginia putting wood to Georgia with a freshman QB and tailback, and doing so in a big bowl game in Atlanta? I'd say watch out for the Mountaineers in 2006.

southern sooner
1/6/2006, 10:44 AM
I watched West Virginia very little this year, however; after watching them in the SUgar Bowl, I am a fan. You always have your 2nd team (OU being the far and away front runner of course), after watching the youth of the team, coaching and the overall agressive attitude added with the poverty and hard working people in the state, you got to like em. Love that they went to what was a home game for Georgia (much like our sugar bowl trip) and beat them..