PDA

View Full Version : Parents go to Vegas, leave kids home alone

william_brasky
1/6/2006, 03:00 AM
Poor kiddoes :mad:

A California couple left their 5- and 9-year-old children home alone for the weekend while they went to gamble in Las Vegas.

Police said the parents could be charged with child neglect but have not been able to interview the couple in person because bad weather was delaying their return from Las Vegas until Wednesday.

The couple went to Las Vegas Friday, leaving the children cereal to eat and the father's cell phone number to call in an emergency.

Their apparent hope that, in the words of the city's tourism advertisements, what happens in Las Vegas should stay in Las Vegas went awry when one of their mothers called their home on New Year's Eve and became concerned that no adult was present, said Brian Kilinowski, investigation supervisor for the San Ramon police south of San Francisco.

The children ate cereal for breakfast and frozen foods heated in a microwave for other meals.

Blue
1/6/2006, 03:11 AM
Sounds like they were doing fine...

They were eating better than I usually do...

handcrafted
1/6/2006, 10:46 AM
It's possible the 9 year old was very mature (doesn't say if it was a he or she) so the neglect charge may not stick. Stupid selfish dumbass thing for the parents to do, IMO, but maybe not illegal.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 11:18 AM
It's possible the 9 year old was very mature (doesn't say if it was a he or she) so the neglect charge may not stick. Stupid selfish dumbass thing for the parents to do, IMO, but maybe not illegal.

I have 2 mature kids, but there is NO WAY!!!!
I remember one time when my son was bout 7 or 8 and was home sick from school and I had to leave him at home for about 10 minutes to go run something to work... and I was feeling nervous about that!!!

Just goes to show you that some people should be required to take an IQ test before procreating.

Soonrboy
1/6/2006, 11:57 AM

Are you out of your mind?