PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I wish we had a chat room around here.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 01:04 AM
It's better than paying for therapy.

proud gonzo
1/6/2006, 01:44 AM
isn't that basically what this is? :confused:

AllAboutThe'O'
1/6/2006, 01:52 AM
That's what I was about to say.
BTW, thanks for bringing back your awesome signature.:D

Blue
1/6/2006, 02:03 AM
WU? SWM here. Looking 4 SBF, preferrably full figured.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/6/2006, 02:03 AM
Interesting firefox plugin I just ran across:

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/chat/download-of-the-day-yakalike-146732.php

Basically, it sounds like it opens a chat window at the bottom of the browser that is unique for any page you happen to be on. For example. If you are on the soonerfans.com index page, you could chat with anyone else curently on that page.

Haven't installed it, but it might be kind of interesting for those of you that like that sort of thing.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/6/2006, 02:04 AM
Nevermind. New registrations are disabled.

Someone keep an eye on this for me and let me know how it works.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 06:25 AM
you don't know the difference between chat and bbs?

What you say out here is forever available to everyone.

What you say in a chat room is only for whoever is present.

Every now and then the latter appeals.

For game day threads it has the advantage of being more instantaeous vs having to refresh a lot. It has the disadvantage of not being to go back and see previous posts.

jk the sooner fan
1/6/2006, 08:46 AM
sas - stay on your meds and you'll be fine

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 08:50 AM
I need meds. As evidenced by my posting after midnite and at 5 AM.

I just got over bronchitus and now it's either back or someting different but similar. Appointment at noon today.

Pieces Hit
1/6/2006, 09:39 AM
And then poor BSG would have 50 drool-soaked PM's asking what she was wearing...

BillyBall
1/6/2006, 09:44 AM

I just got over bronchitus and now it's either back or someting different but similar. Appointment at noon today.

Bronchitus is great, especially those morning cough sessions..... Good luck with that.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 10:26 AM

Uggh, me too. Been really sick since last Friday...thought I was getting better on Tuesday, gone downhill the last couple of days...:mad:

Rhino
1/6/2006, 10:56 AM
Who bumped this thread from 1998?

RacerX
1/6/2006, 12:02 PM
Nevermind. New registrations are disabled.

Someone keep an eye on this for me and let me know how it works.

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

BeetDigger
1/6/2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah, that's what we need. Another way to waste time.

proud gonzo
1/6/2006, 03:04 PM
you don't know the difference between chat and bbs?

What you say out here is forever available to everyone.

What you say in a chat room is only for whoever is present.

Every now and then the latter appeals.

For game day threads it has the advantage of being more instantaeous vs having to refresh a lot. It has the disadvantage of not being to go back and see previous posts.

so you mean you want something more like the magic of instant messaging? or maybe somebody will invent something that lets you HEAR what the other people are saying too so you can have voice inflection and tone instead of just text.
OOH! Or they could make something where you can actually see and hear other people in real time and talk to them instantaneously without even having to TYPE or hook up to an interface of any kind! geez, I just don't know what we'd call it.

:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 03:31 PM
no.

just a chat room.

all that 'frilly' stuff sounds like overkill.

BTW.....instant messenger conflicts with some stuff on my computer so we don't use it.

ChickSoonerFan
1/6/2006, 03:36 PM
so you mean you want something more like the magic of instant messaging? or maybe somebody will invent something that lets you HEAR what the other people are saying too so you can have voice inflection and tone instead of just text.
OOH! Or they could make something where you can actually see and hear other people in real time and talk to them instantaneously without even having to TYPE or hook up to an interface of any kind! geez, I just don't know what we'd call it.

:rolleyes:

Funny. That sounds way too high tech...it'll never happen. ;)