PDA

View Full Version : Whorn's Winning Streak

StoopTroup
1/6/2006, 12:20 AM
Currently 20 I believe....

For those who were worried about the suc streak...this new on must stop.

I bring this up because this must stop by at least 10-7-06.

It would seem that only Ohio State is the only possibility for a whorn defeat, before 10-7-06, and to put an end to this small asian bird flu-like plague that has recently begun to spread.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/young_vince_jube_010406_300.jpg

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 07:13 AM
I thought everybody around here wanted Texas to have a really long winning streak. :confused:

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 07:16 AM
I thought everybody around here wanted Texas to have a really long winning streak. :confused:
yeah..........that's it.........:rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 07:22 AM
yeah..........that's it.........:rolleyes:

Must be. The Rose Bowl was a choice on who we wanted to have the long streak. Many here chose Texas with glee. :texan:

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 07:28 AM
Well I think there are degrees on both sides of the fence.

I wish both could lose. Not a possibility.

Glee never entered the equation.

BermudaSooner
1/6/2006, 08:29 AM
I prefer a streak that we have the opportunity to stop to one that we wouldn't get a chance to stop until it was at 47. I also like the number 20 better than the number 35.

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 08:40 AM
I prefer a streak that we have the opportunity to stop to one that we wouldn't get a chance to stop until it was at 47. I also like the number 20 better than the number 35.

If Vince comes back, get ready for Texas being at 34 a year from now.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 08:43 AM
If Vince comes back, get ready for Texas being at 34 a year from now.
already conceding october?

And I'M the one that got called a bad fan.;)

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 08:52 AM
already conceding october?

And I'M the one that got called a bad fan.;)

I'm just being realistic. Sure we have a chance to beat them, but the odds would be infinitely better if he's not there.

I never called you or anybody a bad fan, I just think some people were being a little short-sighted in their reasoning.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 08:55 AM
We pushed UT this year. Youth and inexperience caused OU to fall apart. Next year I expect to take it to the wire. Vince or no.

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 09:07 AM
We pushed UT this year.

:confused:

stoopified
1/6/2006, 09:09 AM
If VY is Superman,then it is time to break out the Crimson Kryptonite.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 09:11 AM
:confused:
we were in the game for quite some time. Poor excecution and youth allowed the game to get out of hand. Late score before the half was a serious killer.

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 09:15 AM
That game was over after Charles' long *** TD run in the 1st quarter. The only thing we did well in that game was contain Vince's rushing.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 09:24 AM
there was a hold on that play that should have brought it back.

Bomar was just finding himself and the receivers couldn't catch crap.

I expect next year to be different.

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 09:28 AM
there was a hold on that play that should have brought it back.

So?

Bomar was just finding himself and the receivers couldn't catch crap.

I expect next year to be different.

I expect we'll be better at most positions, but so will Texas. They were a far superior team this year.

People that blindly say we'll kick their *** next year, Bob owns Mack, etc. are just whistling past the graveyard.

#1 SOONER FAN
1/6/2006, 09:46 AM
I expect the boys to beat Texas every year, this year we were too young and hurt, next year, we'll drub them with or without Vince in the line up.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 09:48 AM
I plan on being cautiously optimistic about next years RRS. First, we need to see if VY stays or goes. What kind of o-line players are we gonna get/develop? Then we'll see how we are during spring ball. Will there be any crucial injuries? How will we do against Oregon? How will texass do agains tOSU?

These are the kinds of things that need to sort themselves out before any of us can make an accurate prediction.
I will say this though... if neither tOSU or us beat them next year, I'm afraid they will be at 34 this time next year.

soonerlaw
1/6/2006, 11:04 AM
I plan on being cautiously optimistic about next years RRS. First, we need to see if VY stays or goes. What kind of o-line players are we gonna get/develop? Then we'll see how we are during spring ball. Will there be any crucial injuries? How will we do against Oregon? How will texass do agains tOSU?

These are the kinds of things that need to sort themselves out before any of us can make an accurate prediction.
I will say this though... if neither tOSU or us beat them next year, I'm afraid they will be at 34 this time next year.

Very good points. I think we will be MUCH better next year, but Texas was damnright dominating this year. If VY stays, they may continue that regardless of what other positions they need to fill.

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 11:07 AM
you guys realize that they have to play ohio state again this year and that they are ranked RIGHT behind them if VY stays...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2006, 11:17 AM
We pushed UT this year. Youth and inexperience, and the required hose-job by the "officials" caused OU to fall apart. Next year I expect to take it to the wire. Vince or no. Fixed:cool:

homerxsimpson
1/6/2006, 11:38 AM
Don't worry, we all know that Mack can't win the big game.:eek: :eek: :confused:

ousoonerfan
1/6/2006, 12:02 PM
All this Texas talk is ridiculous! Who cares what the whorn's streak is when it isn't even close to 47? It doesn't matter if Radio comes back or not, they will still be good. The important thing to concern ourselves with as Sooner fans, are the SOONERS! It's good to understand our rivals but enough already. It's the off-season. Let's talk about our winning streak of 47. Let's talk about the SOONERS next winning streak. Let's talk about the SOONERS growth over the past season. **** Texas.

BOOMER!!!

That is all.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 12:30 PM
So?

I expect we'll be better at most positions, but so will Texas. They were a far superior team this year.

People that blindly say we'll kick their *** next year, Bob owns Mack, etc. are just whistling past the graveyard.
who said 'kick their ***'?

I've seen 0-4 OU teams walk out of Dallas with a win and I don't raise a white flags until the fat lady sings.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 12:35 PM

I've seen 0-4 OU teams walk out of Dallas with a win and I don't raise a white flags until the fat lady sings.

heh
probably Blake's greatest win at OU ever.
Aren't you going to be late for your appointment?

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 12:37 PM

It's been all over the board for weeks now, surely you've noticed. You can look at the post directly underneath the one of mine you quoted for an example.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 12:49 PM
well I used the phrase "take it to the wire".

Like I said before there are different degrees of attitude on either side of the fence. Some rooted for UT because it was the lesser of evils. Some actually like UT. Some rooted for USC and changed tunes during the game.

Some openly rooted for USC while some tried to stay nuetral.

There is a level of congrats to the horns that is reasonable and there is a level of horn buttkissing that is sickening no matter how you view the rivalry.

I only defend my opinion and the rights of others to have theirs.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 12:50 PM
Aren't you going to be late for your appointment?
Wife set the appointment up. It's actually at 12:45.

I guess I ought to pay attention when her mouth is moving sometimes.....:O

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 12:58 PM
Wife set the appointment up. It's actually at 12:45.

I guess I ought to pay attention when her mouth is moving sometimes.....:O

:D

Blues1
1/6/2006, 01:11 PM
Texas 2006 12 game Schedule

NORTH TEXAS

OHIO STATE ----- ( Could be a 2nd game with an New QB.....??? )

at Rice

IOWA STATE ------- ( Might be a Sleeper or ...?? )

SAM HOUSTON STATE

vs. Oklahoma (Dallas) ----- ( Anything can happen )

BAYLOR

at Nebraska ------ ( Probably On their way back and in Lincoln )

at Texas Tech ------ ( Leach won't give up and in Lubbuck )

OKLAHOMA STATE

at Kansas State

TEXAS A&M ------- ( Here's the A&M Season )

(Doubtful streak will survive 2006 Season without Young)

Still R'

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 02:45 PM
(Doubtful streak will survive 2006 Season without Young)

Still R'

Well, Young coming back would be the only chance it would continue.

KABOOKIE
1/6/2006, 03:09 PM
If this team carries their experience over to next year, I fully expect them to beat tejas........... Radio included.

Mr. Bikewreck 2004 is the same guy he his today. And I remember him not doing all that well against a good OU team then.