PDA

View Full Version : Without going overboard............................

Collier11
1/5/2006, 10:33 PM
........Let me first say, im not at all comparing talent and greatness at this point in his career, but does Bomar remind anyone of Brett Farve? Cannon for an arm, if I remember right favre was fairly mobile in college though he probably never ran a 4.5, they both have that crazy thing called moxxy and are tough as nails, and both are winners( well I guess so far Bomar 'APPEARS' to be) is this a bad comparison or do any of you guys agree

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2006, 10:35 PM
I've used 'early' Favre as a comparison several times. Tries to make impossible plays every now and then. Keeps you on the edge of your seat.

OUGreg723
1/5/2006, 10:36 PM
1) welcome back!
2) Yeah, he does remind me of brett farve. Hopefully he will be as good as farve. I have heard comparisons too brett many times. Time will tell, but I think he will be a tremendous QB in the future.

Another simularity is that both of theyre dad's were theyre high school coaches!!

sooneron
1/5/2006, 10:37 PM
We need to keep Rhett away from pain killers.

Collier11
1/5/2006, 10:38 PM
yeah, I was put in time-out for a day, all is well and good though

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2006, 10:38 PM
http://www.reznetnews.org/sports/050208_favre/favre1.jpg

The Consumate Showman
1/5/2006, 10:40 PM

Yeah, the kid takes a beating like I've never seen another college QB take and he just gets right back up and goes on like nothing happened. Eliminate the mistakes and he could prove to be the first OU QB to actually have a substantial NFL career......:cool:

Collier11
1/5/2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, the kid takes a beating like I've never seen another college QB take and he just gets right back up and goes on like nothing happened. Eliminate the mistakes and he could prove to be the first OU QB to actually have a substantial NFL career......:cool:

also eliminate the uneccessary hits and leg bendings and shoulder poppings

goingoneight
1/5/2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, pop-up slides are good to use every now and then. It reduces the whole "hit by a train" effect.

WisconsinSooner
1/5/2006, 11:33 PM
Cannon for an arm, tough as nails, hard to control and throws a lot off his back foot but has to arm strength to do so.

StoopTroup
1/6/2006, 12:00 AM
I think the question is...

How much better can RB get?

He stepped it up and locked down the job this year.

He won a Bowl Game.

He matured as a QB and until he spiked the ball.

I hope he continues to astonish all OU fans for the next few years and eventually is in the hunt for a Heisman and all the other honors that Heuple and White received.

Rhino
1/6/2006, 12:02 AM
Jenni?

Texas Golfer
1/6/2006, 01:20 AM
I'm looking forward to Josh fixing Rhett's habit of throwing off his back foot.

OUstud
1/6/2006, 10:44 PM
Jenni?

Heh.

SoonerInKCMO
1/6/2006, 10:47 PM

Bah. Fahv-ray was a better qb when he was poppin' the Vicodin.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/6/2006, 11:23 PM
eddie calvin "nuke" lalouche

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, pop-up slides are good to use every now and then. It reduces the whole "hit by a train" effect.

I agree but our QB gets a lot of grief from fans who hate that he slides instead of taking the hit. I'm all for doing whatever you have to do to stay healthy. If sliding means you don't gain that extra yard but you avoid a game or maybe even season ending injury then I'd rather have a slide than a hard hit.

Bomar is tough as hell but he's going to have to try to avoid more of those big hits he takes or he won't last.

bluedogok
1/7/2006, 10:51 AM
A story that was shown when Favre's father died said that he was a wishbone quarterback in high school, because that is what offense his dad (his high school coach) ran and wasn't going to change it for his son.

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 10:52 AM
I hope he doesn't lose big games like Farve always has the last 10 years.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 01:09 PM
SuperBowl winner and MVP.

With the right coaching Favre has been outstanding.

Don't worry, if Rhett pans out, maybe someone else will suck that you can gripe about.

NickZeppelin
1/7/2006, 01:15 PM
That was in 1995 I believe. He has had like 2 playoff wins since then in the wild card and has been known to choke in big games since then.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 01:23 PM
That was in 1995 I believe. He has had like 2 playoff wins since then in the wild card and has been known to choke in big games since then.
interestingly enough his 'tailing off' coincides with Holmgren's departure.

Scott D
1/7/2006, 01:36 PM

good thing that you can't play in college for more than 5 years...otherwise Ricky Williams would still be the halfback at Texas.

soonerhubs
1/7/2006, 01:54 PM
I'm excited to see Brett develop this spring. I also wonder how ENA will develop as a reciever... any ideas? Besides from you Nick Zep.

Collier11
3/22/2010, 10:34 PM
man was I wrong about this one, wow

Curly Bill
3/22/2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah C11, what a dumas! :D

pweitkem
3/23/2010, 08:10 AM
I still think Bomar would have been great had he not gotten himself kicked off the team. Kid made a stupid mistake, but he was in basically the same position as Landry Jones... tough first year following a heisman winner, got his *** kicked a few games, showed some upside. Heck, I actually think he showed more upside then Landry at this same point in his OU career.

Kid screwed up, he'll be the first to tell you that I'm sure. But guessing that he was going to be great at OU and possibly go on to be a good pro wasn't that far off in my opinion.

goingoneight
3/23/2010, 08:12 AM
Favre got paid to play all those years, too. :eek:

rawlingsHOH
3/23/2010, 08:33 AM
I saw the Giants went and signed a veteran back-up QB, Sorgi. Though they still appear high on Bomar. I wonder if they plan on drafting one, that will be the real test.

gaylordfan1
3/23/2010, 08:42 AM
Man, I have to start looking at the dates on these things..... damn I was wondering what the H*LL I was reading at first.

Collier11
3/23/2010, 12:26 PM
I saw the Giants went and signed a veteran back-up QB, Sorgi. Though they still appear high on Bomar. I wonder if they plan on drafting one, that will be the real test.

I read somewhere that they are gonna let Bomar and Sorgi battle it out for #2, they must really like Bomar if that is the case