PDA

View Full Version : saxeT-VY=SCREWED

BASSooner
1/5/2006, 08:01 PM
They lose valuable defenders and VERY valuable TE and OL and losing VY is the last thing to lose obviously. My point is without VY they will not compete for the big 12 title and we will be right back on top

agree or disagree?

NickZeppelin
1/5/2006, 08:06 PM
Texas will get just about every talented player they want to though. If we don't beat Texas next year then we won't beat them for a pretty long time.

breakingwind40990
1/5/2006, 08:06 PM
yes to the first
no to the second

BASSooner
1/5/2006, 08:08 PM
I think this will all depend on our defense getting nasty and knowing how to tackle and cover, AND if we can fix our OL problem

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 08:11 PM
I want to agree, but I'm gonna reserve judgement on that till I see how we play Oregon.

crawfish
1/5/2006, 09:17 PM
Guys...we still have Stoops and they still have Mack. What's gonna happen when they DON'T have a guy who they don't have to coach?

VY was an aberration. :)

josh09
1/5/2006, 09:35 PM
agree. were takin down the 2005 national champions next year baby!

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 11:01 PM
Guys...we still have Stoops and they still have Mack. What's gonna happen when they DON'T have a guy who they don't have to coach?

VY was an aberration. :)

I guess Mack decided to pull a Geoge Constanza and do the opposite of coaching:D :D

stranger things have happened before I guess....

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2006, 11:04 PM
Mack liked to practice dimestore psychology on his QBs.

Vince is immune to it.

Mack will be back to screwing up QBs ASAP.

SoonerGOP
1/5/2006, 11:16 PM
If Young leaves, we win the Big XII south.

We have Bomar, AD and a whole bunch of receivers. Our defense will be solid, especially if we can get some help in the secondary.

Texas will simply be screwed.

Tech has a new QB...not going to happen there.

A&M, well, they suck.

Baylor will still be in fifth place.

OsU will still be in sixth place while Gundy continues not to "bother" the offense.

No doubt in my mind we win the South if VY leaves.

But in order for us to contend for the NC, we have to be VERY strong at OL and win at Oregon. If we win at Oregon, I think we have a legitimate shot at going undefeated.

Not an easy shot, but a good one.

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2006, 11:17 PM
Since when does Tech changing QB's matter?

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 11:21 PM

I agree. Leach pretty much has a system that would make my 70-year old aunt have impressive numbers as their qb.

85sooners
1/5/2006, 11:31 PM
I agree. Leach pretty much has a system that would make my 70-year old aunt have impressive numbers as their qb.
:D

boomrsoonr
1/5/2006, 11:31 PM
As everyone forgotten that we beat Young 3 games in a row? Including shutting him out last year?

Disclaimer: Well, he didn't actually START that first game, but he did play.

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2006, 11:32 PM
As everyone forgotten that we beat Young 3 games in a row? Including shutting him out last year?

Disclaimer: Well, he didn't actually START that first game, but he did play.
apparently I have.

What were the 3 games OU beat him?

Rhino
1/5/2006, 11:39 PM
They lose valuable defenders and VERY valuable TE and OL and losing VY is the last thing to lose obviously. My point is without VY they will not compete for the big 12 title and we will be right back on top

agree or disagree? Not totally. They may have QB problems if VY leaves (and he's stupid if he doesn't). But they only lose 2 OL. Everyone else is basically replaceable.

I actually said in the preseason they'd have difficulty this year after losing DJ and CB.

Texas will get just about every talented player they want to though. If we don't beat Texas next year then we won't beat them for a pretty long time. Have you not being paying attention the last half-decade? We haven't been beating UT was superior talent.

I think you're just keeping this up so you'll have something to type about.

SoonerGOP
1/5/2006, 11:59 PM

Yeah, that's a valid point. Although I still won't worry about Tech as long as the ref's aren't from Lubbock and the Sooners defense plays a "normal" game.

This year that game was just wrong on so many levels, including our play.

But you're not suggesting Tech could challenge for the Big XII South, are you?

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 12:03 AM
But you're not suggesting Tech could challenge for the Big XII South, are you?
no.........but QB change has zero impact on where they finish.

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 12:13 AM
Not totally. They may have QB problems if VY leaves (and he's stupid if he doesn't). But they only lose 2 OL. Everyone else is basically replaceable.

True BUT Scott is an all american and he is gone and I heard that blalock the other tackle is thinking about leaving too. Wright is really good but he will be somewhat replaceable. Huff not so easily and maybe c. griffin. Harris will be an easy replacement because of that LB thats comin in next year. They won't be as good but we do have the coaching edge;) BV just needs to get the defense fired up and play nasty while KW needs to solve the problems on OL badly.

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 12:16 AM
Have you not being paying attention the last half-decade? We haven't been beating UT was superior talent.

I think you're just keeping this up so you'll have something to type about.

No they don't. Not yet anyway. We've had more guys go to the NFL and had more overall talent the last 2 or 3 years. I think this current OU roster may end up with more NFL guys then what Texas has right now.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 12:19 AM
why do you have sanders as an avatar again? I missed it.

Texas Golfer
1/6/2006, 01:29 AM
Texas will get just about every talented player they want to though. If we don't beat Texas next year then we won't beat them for a pretty long time.

Don't you ever get tired of singing the same old whiney song?

Texas Golfer
1/6/2006, 01:31 AM
If Vinny leave, UT does have a very capable backup.

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 01:36 AM
true but I think our defense will be able to stop him just like we did to young twice.

stoopified
1/6/2006, 10:05 AM
If Young leaves, we win the Big XII south.

We have Bomar, AD and a whole bunch of receivers. Our defense will be solid, especially if we can get some help in the secondary.

Texas will simply be screwed.

Tech has a new QB...not going to happen there.

A&M, well, they suck.

Baylor will still be in fifth place.

OsU will still be in sixth place while Gundy continues not to "bother" the offense.

No doubt in my mind we win the South if VY leaves.

But in order for us to contend for the NC, we have to be VERY strong at OL and win at Oregon. If we win at Oregon, I think we have a legitimate shot at going undefeated.

Not an easy shot, but a good one.
So true

homerxsimpson
1/6/2006, 03:13 PM

:confused: Red-shirted Applewhite want-to-be Colt McCoy?
:confused: Incoming (untested) HighSchool 4 star Jevan Snead?
:confused: Incoming (untested) HighSchool 4 star Sherrod Harris
:confused: None Scholarship walk-on Matt McCoy, the only QB coming back with any game experience... handing off a couple of time to the 7th string RB?

Vince leaves = Cupboard Bare

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 03:22 PM
UT's QB won't be near as good as Young was. But they have talent everywhere else on the field.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 03:34 PM
UT's QB won't be near as good as Young was. But they have talent everywhere else on the field.
why do you love UT more than OU?

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 03:38 PM
On second thought you are absolutely right. Texas will suck next year and not win a game.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 03:39 PM
On second thought you are absolutely right. Texas will suck next year and not win a game.
Why is it that the bitter doomsayers interpret everything to the extreme?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/6/2006, 05:57 PM
A few observations. Texas has a edge on recruiting kids in Texas over OU at this instant, they usually do. First even if they got everyone they wanted it wouldn't mean they signed all the right people. Sure there are some 5-star players that everyone agrees should be good but the don't always pan out. Recruits go to places for different reasons. Sometimes they go to places where they can play right away.

Texas has beaten OU before this year and OU has 7 titles. OU seemed to bounce back fine in the early 70's after Texas won their titles.

We had (in theory at least) the #1 recruiting class in the country last year, we are doing fine this year, much better after tommorrow. As soon as we beat Texas next year than we will be back on top.

noose7699
1/6/2006, 09:35 PM
Does it really matter who they return next year? We took our year off, and will promptly go back to whippin the dog**** out of texass this comin October... Why is there ANY doubt in anyone's mind???!!

TMcGee86
1/6/2006, 09:47 PM
VY was overrated. Kasey Studdard was the heart and soul of that team.

And he'll be back next year, so we are screwed. I heard he was like, a big time recruit or something. ;)

:texan:

Big John
1/6/2006, 09:56 PM
This next season Tech will have a sophomore as thier quarterback instead of a senior. When you have seniors replacing seniors the transition from one quarterback to another becomes easier. I think that Leach is a great coach and will have a good starting quarterback next year, but I'm not sure if they're quarterback transition will be as easy as the ones that they have had in the past few seasons.

Texas Golfer
1/7/2006, 12:13 AM
This next season Tech will have a sophomore as thier quarterback instead of a senior. When you have seniors replacing seniors the transition from one quarterback to another becomes easier. I think that Leach is a great coach and will have a good starting quarterback next year, but I'm not sure if they're quarterback transition will be as easy as the ones that they have had in the past few seasons.

But then they won't have to worry about another transition for three years.

footballfanatic
1/7/2006, 12:55 AM
With Vince Young, I see us possibly going undefeated. OU, OSU (Ohio State, not those clowns in Stillwater) and Nebraska loom as the toughest games. Without VY, it's anyone's crown in the South. OU has to solve some very serious line issues, and Tech could come on strong. Sure will be fun to watch.

boomrsoonr
1/7/2006, 05:42 PM
apparently I have.

What were the 3 games OU beat him?

Red River Shootouts.

I believe.........

2002, he didn't start, but he replaced the starter in the 1st or 2nd quarter, and we won.
2003, he started and we blew them out.
2004, he started and we shut them out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Oops. I guess that would have made him a Senior in 2005, and no chance to come back in '06. I sure thought I was right about that though. Sorry.

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 05:47 PM
Red River Shootouts.

I believe.........

2002, he didn't start, but he replaced the starter in the 1st or 2nd quarter, and we won.

hmmmm no your not wrong:D

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2006, 05:49 PM
Red River Shootouts.

I believe.........

If you add this years game, that would be four games. He wouldn't have another year of eligibility.

You are mixing '02 and '03.

boomrsoonr
1/7/2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, i know. See my edit.

But Jason was around for like 6 years. :D

noose7699
1/7/2006, 09:22 PM
Young was on UT's roster in 02?? When did he replace Chrissy Sims??

VY or no VY, I don't see him doing an effin thing to the Sooners...OUr defense will demolish them on their dallas turf, once again. I look forward to beating their *** once again.. VY won't do a thing to OUr defense...

Sooners don't play that game...

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 09:24 PM
Young was on UT's roster in 02?? When did he replace Chrissy Sims??

VY or no VY, I don't see him doing an effin thing to the Sooners...OUr defense will demolish them on their dallas turf, once again. I look forward to beating their *** once again.. VY won't do a thing to OUr defense...

Sooners don't play that game...
yeah he was on the team, just redshirted