PDA

View Full Version : Don't pick on Leinart for his "we're better" comment

footballfanatic
1/5/2006, 07:42 PM
I don't think it's a big deal. He was just being honest. ALL athletes on this level have so much confidence in themselves. They have to--or they'll get swallowed alive by people who do believe it. All teams (and their most rabid fans) feel they are better than their opposition, win or lose.

BASSooner
1/5/2006, 07:47 PM
Still shows NO class to say that on national television.

Harry Beanbag
1/5/2006, 07:49 PM
I heard that later on Leinart and Bush went to UT's locker room and personally congratulated the players and coaches. Pete, or someone, must have told them to stop being pouty bitches.

FroggyStyle22
1/5/2006, 07:49 PM
I don't think it's a big deal. He was just being honest. ALL athletes on this level have so much confidence in themselves. They have to--or they'll get swallowed alive by people who do believe it. All teams (and their most rabid fans) feel they are better than their opposition, win or lose.

That is not the point. I would expect him to believe it too. However, you can still be classy and congratulate the better team that night and not say that he thinks they are better. Instead he blamed his defense for not tackling and came off looking like the pompous @ss that he is.

RedstickSooner
1/5/2006, 07:52 PM
Uh, thanks for the suggestion.

But we spent years makign fun of TFRW for a near-identical statement after one of the whuppings we put on the Horns, and I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same to Whineart.

picasso
1/5/2006, 07:53 PM
a little shot of humility is good for everyone now and then. I hope we've learned from the large dose we snorted down this season.

The Consumate Showman
1/5/2006, 08:00 PM
Did you see him in the post-game.....It looked like he was about get up and throw something at someone in the post -game interview with all of the reporters......I love the question, "How does it feel to go out like this after skipping the draft last year?" That makes for great TV!

RedstickSooner
1/5/2006, 08:02 PM
I heard that later on Leinart and Bush went to UT's locker room and personally congratulated the players and coaches.

You forgot to add NTTAWWT, Harry.

SoonerBorn68
1/5/2006, 08:10 PM
He was just being honest.

He was just stating his opinion.

Do I think suc is better than texass. No, if they were they would have won last night. Better means making that first down, making plays at the end, and finding a way to stop VY. Suc did none of it.

Take your loss as a man...not a guilted ballroom queen. Oh wait...

AlbqSooner
1/5/2006, 08:44 PM
After OU lost an Orange Bowl game to Miami, Tillman was interviewed and his comment was to the effect that it doesn't matter how big and bad you think you are, nor does it matter how big and bad you actually are. Around some corner is someone who is a little bigger and a little badder. We just had the misfortune of having to turn that corner. We got beat by a very big, very bad team tonight.

I did not expect such a comment from Whineheart and he did not disappoint me.

JLB
1/5/2006, 10:18 PM
I heard that later on Leinart and Bush went to UT's locker room and personally congratulated the players and coaches. Pete, or someone, must have told them to stop being pouty bitches.

I heard later on Leinart and Bush went to UT's
locker room and asked Mack Brown for their money.
:mack:

The Consumate Showman
1/5/2006, 10:20 PM
I heard later on Leinart and Bush went to UT's
locker room and asked Mack Brown for their money.
:mack:

Along with Snoop Dogg, Will Ferrell, and others....:rolleyes:

Texas Golfer
1/6/2006, 12:53 AM
What you say on camera can come back to bite you on the *** which Matty's comment did. And some comments you THINK are off camera can, too.

When the commentators were discussing the game, you can hear Vinny in the background say, "Who's the Heisman winner now, Baaaaby?" This, too, was in poor taste.

But when Vinny was interviewed and asked about it, he was very gracious and said that Reggie was an excellent athlete.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 12:55 AM
What you say on camera can come back to bite you on the *** which Matty's comment did. And some comments you THINK are off camera can, too.

When the commentators were discussing the game, you can hear Vinny in the background say, "Who's the Heisman winner now, Baaaaby?" This, too, was in poor taste.

But when Vinny was interviewed and asked about it, he was very gracious and said that Reggie was an excellent athlete.

Frankly I'm surprised anything Vinny said was understandable in the first place

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2006, 12:56 AM
The biggest problem I have with Matt is that he sometimes calls his own number in spite of what the coaches tell him to do. That arrogance catches up to you and I think it did.