PDA

View Full Version : Possible Classlessness by UT

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2006, 03:14 PM
If this has been mentioned elsewhere on the board then I apologize, but I looked around and didn't find any mention of it.

Last night I managed at least a grunt of approval at seeing VY's final TD run, however this morning I watched reruns of the ABC/ESPN post-game show on ESPN. Well, during the post game celebration by UT fans unless I was totally hearing things I believe they were chanting "Worse than Baylor."

Now if that wasn't bad enough they changed their chant and it took me a few moments to tune into what they were saying, but I'm 99% sure they were chanting "Just like White!" Which the only thing I could guess that to mean is a reference to Jason's Heisman win followed by a National Championship defeat directed at Reggie Bush.

Both were relatively classless comments by fans from a program who should act like they've been there before...only of course they haven't.

Again if this has been mentioned already then I apologize.
Or if I somehow misheard their chants (which I doubt) then I apologize for that as well. =)

Big Red Ron
1/5/2006, 03:16 PM
We all know how "classy" ut fans are, right?

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 03:20 PM
This news does not surprise me

NormanPride
1/5/2006, 03:24 PM
I was listening in, but I don't think that's what they were saying... I thought it was something along the lines of "One more year" for Vince...

EDIT: Do we really care what that Rick-Racked and Fringed freak show thinks/says?

XingTheRubicon
1/5/2006, 03:27 PM
Maybe they were chanting "Just like White" when SC was up 12?

AzianSooner
1/5/2006, 03:27 PM
It sounds to me like they say "Love all Sooners".. but hey, don't blame me who learn ESL at the age 22.

sooneron
1/5/2006, 03:28 PM
I didn't hear that. Then again, I didn't understand much more than the one more year. Vince is their leader now. The follow his lead. Their speaking skillz seem to have followed....

RooseveltRoughRider
1/5/2006, 03:29 PM
People should differentiate between TEAMS and FANS. There is a big difference. I doubt that is what was being said. If it was a player that;s one thing. But UT is the largest school in the country with over 50,000 students. Half of them are bound to be jackasses.

And what would a "Worse Than Baylor" comment be referring to? It makes no sense. Just like a comment on Jason White would'nt either. He is in the history books and will be forever lodged in College Football lore..again a senseless comment. Who would heckle someone they never beat ?
I doubt it happened.

And just for the record...I couldnt help but notice your "Act like they have been there" comment. Has Baylor?

Thesifer
1/5/2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah I could care less what Texas fans are chanting, It's really not anymore classless then us Sooners chanting "Overrated" at the Holiday Bowl as we were beating them.

King Crimson
1/5/2006, 03:54 PM
no one on this board has ever made fun of Baylor. morons=morons.

there's no orthodoxy about school alignment or rooting interest.

caphorns
1/5/2006, 03:57 PM
Actually, they were chanting "SicEm Baylor Has a Small E-Penis". I swear.

MITSooner
1/5/2006, 04:01 PM
Actually, they were chanting "SicEm Baylor Has a Small E-Penis". I swear.

I heard that too. Totally classless

Crimson_Balls
1/5/2006, 04:03 PM
We all know Texas fans have no couth. Especially this year at the red river shootout.

TexasLidig8r
1/5/2006, 04:04 PM
Sic.. I've read a number of your posts on here... and this has got to be the biggest reach you've ever tried to exhibit.

Not only was Baylor not even remotely in the mind set of any Texas fan last night (or quite frankly, ever)... but there was no reference to J. White (whom, most Texas fans respect for his tenacity and courage in overcoming two severe knee injuries)....

Not a good post at all Sic.. very aggy like. You're better than that.

jreed13
1/5/2006, 04:23 PM
The funniest thing was when someone shouted "where is mark may" really loudly at the espn crew right after the game. lol

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2006, 04:35 PM
Sic.. I've read a number of your posts on here... and this has got to be the biggest reach you've ever tried to exhibit.

Not only was Baylor not even remotely in the mind set of any Texas fan last night (or quite frankly, ever)... but there was no reference to J. White (whom, most Texas fans respect for his tenacity and courage in overcoming two severe knee injuries)....

You're right it's totally aggy if I were making it up. But I listened to that segment twice with the ABC Pre-Game crew (the one with Craig James) most of the field was empty except for some UT cheerleaders and in the background you could clearly hear (what sounded like to me) chants of "Worse than Baylor" followed by "Just like White."

I think it's a totally absurd to me that UT fans would ever chant either of those things, and if I heard it 2nd hand I wouldn't believe it. Yet after listening to it twice it sounded like what it sounded like...

Soonrboy
1/5/2006, 04:45 PM
Maybe it was "over-rated"...chant both of them out, sound similar.

caphorns
1/5/2006, 04:45 PM
Actually they were chanting "Vanna White" not "Just Like White". Dude I've never heard a second of a chant from a UT fan about Jason White. If someone was doing that near me, I know for certain we'd all be wondering WTF.

I know that Baylor didn't come up AT ALL. No f'n way. Maybe it was "Ramonce Taylor" and "Lendell White" Duh.

OKC-SLC
1/5/2006, 06:10 PM
cap and lid, congratulations.

i hate your school, but they were the best.

RedstickSooner
1/5/2006, 07:40 PM
Ever since I found out they *weren't* singing "I been working on the railroad", I make no attempt to understand what the Longhorn fanbase is saying/doing in the stands.

footballfanatic
1/5/2006, 07:44 PM
If this has been mentioned elsewhere on the board then I apologize, but I looked around and didn't find any mention of it.

Last night I managed at least a grunt of approval at seeing VY's final TD run, however this morning I watched reruns of the ABC/ESPN post-game show on ESPN. Well, during the post game celebration by UT fans unless I was totally hearing things I believe they were chanting "Worse than Baylor."

Now if that wasn't bad enough they changed their chant and it took me a few moments to tune into what they were saying, but I'm 99% sure they were chanting "Just like White!" Which the only thing I could guess that to mean is a reference to Jason's Heisman win followed by a National Championship defeat directed at Reggie Bush.

Both were relatively classless comments by fans from a program who should act like they've been there before...only of course they haven't.

Again if this has been mentioned already then I apologize.
Or if I somehow misheard their chants (which I doubt) then I apologize for that as well. =)

"Texas fight" is probably what they were saying. It's our main cheer.

footballfanatic
1/5/2006, 07:47 PM
If you listen to the Texas chants backwards, you can hear "I buried Paul."

LifelongSooner
1/5/2006, 09:58 PM
It was One More Year and then THANK YOU VY.

Stoop Dawg
1/5/2006, 10:11 PM
Ever since I found out they *weren't* singing "I been working on the railroad", I make no attempt to understand what the Longhorn fanbase is saying/doing in the stands.

What?!? If they're not singing "I've been working on the railroad" then what ARE they singing???

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2006, 10:13 PM
I thought they were singing "I am vexed by Maya Angelo"

Collier11
1/5/2006, 10:20 PM
they could have been sayin, "what a night...vince dont stab me in a fight"

Texas Golfer
1/6/2006, 12:58 AM
If they were chanting, "Just like White", they were referring to Lendale White who couldn't get that last yard. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Jason since we all know that Whorn fans just love us.

Blue
1/6/2006, 01:10 AM
Look at the bright side Sic. The word, "Baylor" probably will never again be heard after Jan. 1st on a college football game telecast...ever.

Enjoy your moment. :D

47straight
1/6/2006, 03:38 PM
\It makes no sense. Just like a comment on Jason White would'nt either. He is in the history books and will be forever lodged in College Football lore..again a senseless comment. Who would heckle someone they never beat ?

I've witnessed Jason White bashing - verbal and t-shirt - several times this year by texas fans. It happens, and yes, it makes no sense.

ProdigyDub
1/6/2006, 04:12 PM
Two things were chanted after the game by Texas fans:

The first was "One More Year", as has been mentioned.

The second was "Heisman Recount", which was a much smaller group of people over by the ABC sports broadcast table once the stadium had already cleared out quite a bit.

There was no "worse than Baylor", "overrated", or anything about White cheers whatsoever. In fact, when Mack Brown was being interviewed by the guy on the podium and one of the first things he said was to congratulate SC and that they have an unbelievably good football team, the ENTIRE UT side of the stadium applauded.

SicEmBaylor
1/6/2006, 05:03 PM
Two things were chanted after the game by Texas fans:

The first was "One More Year", as has been mentioned.

The second was "Heisman Recount", which was a much smaller group of people over by the ABC sports broadcast table once the stadium had already cleared out quite a bit.

There was no "worse than Baylor", "overrated", or anything about White cheers whatsoever. In fact, when Mack Brown was being interviewed by the guy on the podium and one of the first things he said was to congratulate SC and that they have an unbelievably good football team, the ENTIRE UT side of the stadium applauded.

This was way after the trophy presentation. The field was mostly deserted save for some stragglers in the stadium and some sort of UT Spirit Crew or something of that nature.

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2006, 12:43 AM
Okay, so a UT friend of mine came over tonight with a DVD of the entire ESPN/ABC post-game show(s) to somewhat prove to me I misheard.

After listening to this at least 30 times, I'm now basically sure I misheard the White chant. However, the Baylor chant still sounds like a Baylor chant to me even if my friend denies hearing it himself. So perhaps I'm just ultra-paranoid and too sensitive. If so, I apologize to all of the Longhorn fans who I may have ****ed off or offended

Disclaimer: Though I apologize, I do enjoy ****ing off Longhorn fans.

TheGodfather889
1/7/2006, 01:07 AM
If Texas fans were chanting something bad about Jason White it would be pretty stupid. Kind of like when they made the Oklahomo tshirt with Jason's picture on the front that's pretty stupid since Jason was 3-0 against the Horns.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/7/2006, 01:10 AM
If Texas fans were chanting something bad about Jason White it would be pretty stupid.

Texas fans being stupid? oh....wait... :D

olevetonahill
1/7/2006, 10:26 AM
The funniest thing was when someone shouted "where is mark may" really loudly at the espn crew right after the game. lol
I like this Avvie Much better :D

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/7/2006, 10:33 AM
Okay let me put this thread to rest once and for all.

I went back and watched my DVD of that game again, and the part I believe everyone is referring to with Craig James and company the UT fans are chanting "BEST TEAM EVER" I thought it was hilarious along with a player from Texas being asked "How did you manage to beat this USC team"? To which the UT player replied "Well, I guess we are the bestest of the best offense EVER"

Anyway, hope this helps.

NormanPride
1/7/2006, 01:04 PM
this is badger once again... just a disclaimer.

sicem, you're better than the #2 team in the country! as for white, he is signing autographs at every OU home (and a lot of away) games. if usc had real fans, reggie/leinart might have the luxury.

on the other hand, they're headed to the nfl.

goingoneight
1/7/2006, 01:42 PM
Hey! How about... who cares...
Jason White beat UT three times, that's 14-3, 65-13, 12-0...
Who cares what they might have said about JW. There are some UT fans who have incredible respect for JW, others just hate anything red by default.

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2006, 02:26 PM
Okay let me put this thread to rest once and for all.

I went back and watched my DVD of that game again, and the part I believe everyone is referring to with Craig James and company the UT fans are chanting "BEST TEAM EVER" I thought it was hilarious along with a player from Texas being asked "How did you manage to beat this USC team"? To which the UT player replied "Well, I guess we are the bestest of the best offense EVER"

Anyway, hope this helps.

Alright then I was completely wrong. "Best Team Ever" is the only suggestion that sounds anything like "Worse than Baylor."

So maybe UT fans aren't quite as bad as I thought, or they are just not for this. :D

West Coast Horn
1/7/2006, 02:53 PM
If you really think there was a Baylor chant at the Rose Bowl after winning the NC, you are an idiot. I was in the Texas section, there was no such chant.

SoonerShark
1/7/2006, 04:23 PM

You are correct about Jason. He is the greatest story in college football in recent years, which is celebrated by all decent fans. Two "career ending" injuries were overcome to come back and pass for 40 touchdown passes in 2003. That is truly the greatest college football event in memory. I doubt that any reasonable Texas fan could or would belittle Jason White, who QB'd three victories over them in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

Ahamay17
1/7/2006, 04:25 PM
Alright then I was completely wrong. "Best Team Ever" is the only suggestion that sounds anything like "Worse than Baylor."

So UT fans are as bad as I thought, just not for this. :D

Fixed it for ya . . .

SoonerShark
1/7/2006, 04:31 PM
If you really think there was a Baylor chant at the Rose Bowl after winning the NC, you are an idiot. I was in the Texas section, there was no such chant.

You are probably correct. Of course, there were many tickets purchased that were outside of Texas' official section, so it could have been a chant in some other section, though I doubt it. I was happy last year that Texas followed the Sooner’s lead by winning the Rose Bowl for the Big XII like Oklahoma did in 2003, then following our lead by beating the reigning Heisman recipient in a national championship game, although Bush was not shut out like Weinke was in 2001.

StoopTroup
1/7/2006, 04:37 PM
I just played the tape backwards and it clearly says "Thank You Satan!".

YW.