PDA

View Full Version : LSU All-American Wroten arrested

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 02:37 PM
I'm going head this off at the pass....

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/SPORTS0202/60105004/1001

Marijuana.

Claude is a Saban recruit so I don't want to hear anything about "Miles recruits thugs".

Big Red Ron
1/5/2006, 02:42 PM
Miles will allow thugs to stay on the team and will clean up their messes for them. Mark it down. One of the first things Gundy did as HC in stillwater was, he kicked off like eight players that Miles allowed to stay on at OSU. A couple were all-big XII types too.

SkipTracer
1/5/2006, 02:43 PM
Claude is a Saban recruit so I don't want to hear anything about "Miles recruits thugs".

Sorry to tell you but we know Miles and Miles does recruit thugs. Maybe not this thug but thugs just the same.

sooneron
1/5/2006, 02:46 PM
He'll welcome the thug back, that, is his problem.

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 02:47 PM
Miles will allow thugs to stay on the team and will clean up their messes for them. Mark it down. One of the first things Gundy did as HC in stillwater was, he kicked off like eight players that Miles allowed to stay on at OSU. A couple were all-big XII types too.

This guy's never been in trouble at all before... We've had 2 instances of current players getting in trouble (Shawn Jordan, Chase Pittman) (drugs, barfight).

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 02:48 PM

His eligibility is ova.

OKC-SLC
1/5/2006, 02:50 PM
les miles sucks.

carry on.

mdklatt
1/5/2006, 02:50 PM

Google "Prentiss Elliott". :les:

jreed13
1/5/2006, 02:52 PM
I hate LSU

caphorns
1/5/2006, 03:02 PM
Wroten was clocked at 77 mph in a 65 mph zone, Bonner said. When asked if he had anything illegal in the car, Wroten admitted having marijuana for personal consumption, Bonner said.

Police found tennis shoes in the backseat with two bags of suspected marijuana, one with 23 grams valued at close to $150 and another 1.55-gram bag, commonly referred to as a “nickel bag” usually used for sales, Bonner said.

Wroten admitted having $4,000 in his pocket, which he claimed was on loan from his financial adviser to prepare for NFL training, Bonner said. Police were unable to contact the adviser.

That's alot of dope to consume (and cash to be holding) before combine time Cheech. Do we potentially have a budding/entrepreneurial Nate Newton type here?

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 03:02 PM
I hate LSU

Hi!

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 03:05 PM
Google "Prentiss Elliott". :les:

Party fight? Not that that's acceptable behavior but I'm thinking with all of the thug talk there were some armed robberies, rape, theft, drugs by all of these OSU players that were dismissed by Gundy.

sooneron
1/5/2006, 03:06 PM
His eligibility is ova.
He would if he could. Face it, we know lester a little better than you do.

jreed13
1/5/2006, 03:09 PM
Hi!
I felt very compelled to post in this thread and thats what came to mind first :D

Bourbon St Sooner
1/5/2006, 03:10 PM
Miles is basically your scumbag slick-Willie type who will do anything to get ahead. At aggie he recruited thugs so he could win a few games and get the hell out of there and leave someone else to clean up the mess. If he needs to recruit/welcome back a few thugs at lsu to get his Michigan dream job, he'll do that too.

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 03:13 PM
I felt very compelled to post in this thread and thats what came to mind first :D

Was wondering how long it would take you to post... figured an over/under of about 10.

Wasn't far off :D

Rhino
1/5/2006, 03:21 PM
Party fight? Not that that's acceptable behavior but I'm thinking with all of the thug talk there were some armed robberies, rape, theft, drugs by all of these OSU players that were dismissed by Gundy. Prentiss Elliott rap sheet (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28628)

The Consumate Showman
1/5/2006, 03:36 PM
How many players did Gumby kick off the aggots squad b-4 the season started????

Big Red Ron
1/5/2006, 03:42 PM
Prentiss Elliott rap sheet (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28628)
For future reference.

May 2003
Charged with first-degree burglary and feloniously pointing a weapon at a former girlfriend (mother of his child). The charges were dismissed at a preliminary hearing in September because crucial witnesses declined to testify. Court records indicate that the ex-girlfriend obtained a permanent protective order against Elliott in May.

December 9, 2003 (http://www.mcalesternews.com/articles/2004/11/18/sports/sports02.txt)
Commits misdemeanor assault & battery on a security officer at a high school basketball game and a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.

March 27, 2004
Accused in a domestic assault on a 16-year-old girl at a Sand Springs movie theater. Allegedly assaulted the girl by striking her in the head and throwing her down into a street, where the assault continued. The dispute was allegedly over which movie the couple were going to see.

October 2, 2004 (http://www.ocolly.com/new_ocollycom/show_story.php?a_id=24208)
Accused of punching and later threatening to shoot the president of OSU’s National Pan-Hellenic Council during an Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity dance. National Pan-Hellenic Council President Steve Redd later declined to press charges against Elliott, after receiving several threatening messages from Elliot and his friends, telling Redd's friends that "if they were caught, they'd get shot". Redd warned to watch out for Tulsa gang G-Unit who was reportedly looking for him.

October 31, 2004 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/11/04/baylor.indiana/index.html)
Accused of assaulting his girlfriend on the OSU campus. Reportedly pushed the woman down a hill near his dorm. Woman filed an emergency protective order against Elliott on November 29.
No, he's not a thug.:rolleyes:

LSUdeek
1/5/2006, 03:47 PM
Obviously I dunno all of this. Any other information on the dismissed players?

http://mb4.scout.com/fgoherdfrm1.showMessage?topicID=3634.topic

Now I'm scared.

Sorry to say Prentiss Ellito will be heading to LSU after his stint at Hutch JUCO in Kansas. He is really close with former OSU recievers coach Todd Monken. Monken has told Prentiss to keep his nose clean and make grades at Hutch and he can play his junior and senior season at LSU. Sorry guys, he would have really helped your team, but from some of your replies, it seems you guys weren't too happy he was thinking of Marshall anyway.

snp
1/5/2006, 03:50 PM
Big deal. We have had former drug dealers on our team, and players become drug dealers afterwards. Let's not pretend that teams have a considerable amount of pot-smokers.

It's not that is very much, anyways. Nothing compared to Nate Newton's stash.

Miles does recruit thugs, though.

Edit: ^^^^ Holy **** that's too funny. 6 strikes you're out, but not for Les!

mdklatt
1/5/2006, 04:12 PM
Now I'm scared.

Just don't press charges against Prentiss if he pulls a gun on you and you'll be fine.

BoomerJack
1/5/2006, 05:06 PM
"Wroten admitted having $4,000 in his pocket, which he claimed was on loan from his financial adviser to prepare for NFL training, Bonner said. Police were unable to contact the adviser."

I'd throw the guy in jail just for insulting my intelligence with this comment.

And since I know very little about marijuana, except for the fact that it is the Devil's Weed with roots in hell, just how big would a baggie with 23 grams of the stuff be?

walkoffsooner
1/5/2006, 06:11 PM
Im glad miles came to osu. And we got to know him its great having someone else to root againest wherever he goes for the rest of my life

snp
1/5/2006, 07:08 PM
"Wroten admitted having $4,000 in his pocket, which he claimed was on loan from his financial adviser to prepare for NFL training, Bonner said. Police were unable to contact the adviser."

I'd throw the guy in jail just for insulting my intelligence with this comment.

And since I know very little about marijuana, except for the fact that it is the Devil's Weed with roots in hell, just how big would a baggie with 23 grams of the stuff be?

Not that big. Go put 23 grams of grass in a baggie and you'll get an idea.

I mean, I would have no idea...

OUthunder
1/5/2006, 07:08 PM
He's safe now that Miles is your HC, so relax.

RedstickSooner
1/5/2006, 07:10 PM
...and that's all she wroten.

sooner4life
1/5/2006, 08:51 PM
LSUdeek, is this kid from West Monroe, or surrounding area? This happened in Sterlington on 165. Why is he up here?

Other than maybe spending time with his dealer... I mean advisor.

MojoRisen
1/5/2006, 09:03 PM
Not that big. Go put 23 grams of grass in a baggie and you'll get an idea.

I mean, I would have no idea...

32 + grams is a class 4 felony- and actually i believe that has gone up since to 48 grams.
If he didn't have all that cash on him- they could have wrote him a ticket for this- w/o even havin to go to court. seriously.

I just looked it up....

Eauxkie Tiger
1/5/2006, 09:29 PM
He'd from Bastrop. Sounds like he must have hung around some of Kelvin's boys.

sooner4life
1/5/2006, 09:33 PM
gotcha, I don't follow much LSU ball, but I do follow some of the high school ball around here.

GORILLA BALL
1/5/2006, 09:34 PM

do your homework - he's a senior. i guess he could be carrying around a m-16 for switzer.

GORILLA BALL
1/5/2006, 09:41 PM
on second thought, how stupid can a kid be. i guess college doesn't always give you common sense. stupid, stupid.

LSUdeek
2/9/2006, 08:48 AM
And the charges were dropped due to the cash officially being from his financial adviser and the car not being his, as well as "both the stop and the search in which one officer questioned Wroten while another looked in the vehicle" being questionable.

Blitzkrieg
2/9/2006, 09:00 AM
I'm a drug dealer, and I really don't appreciate the negative tone of this thread.

caphorns
2/9/2006, 10:25 AM
And the charges were dropped due to the cash officially being from his financial adviser and the car not being his, as well as "both the stop and the search in which one officer questioned Wroten while another looked in the vehicle" being questionable.

In other words, he was guilty.

Octavian
2/9/2006, 10:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2324440

But District Attorney Jerry Jones said Wednesday that his office had declined the case for legal reasons that he would not spell out.

Jeff Guerriero, Wroten's attorney, said both the stop and the search in which one officer questioned Wroten while another looked in the vehicle were of questionable legality.

methinks we need a full-scale NCAA investigation of the cajun program...

Flagstaffsooner
2/9/2006, 11:02 AM
just how big would a baggie with 23 grams of the stuff be?
.808 oz about 4 fingers

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 12:29 PM
The funny thing about Gundy kicking all the players off is that they would have been ineligible anyway. Free good pub for kicking out trash that would have to leave no matter what. But don't look now! The thugs are creeping back in with a guy who did bad things to a, what, 12 year old? Sick. Gundy is not the housecleaner everyone thinks he is. He's just like every other coach that wants to "give kids a second chance".

LSUdeek
2/9/2006, 12:39 PM
The funny thing about Gundy kicking all the players off is that they would have been ineligible anyway. Free good pub for kicking out trash that would have to leave no matter what. But don't look now! The thugs are creeping back in with a guy who did bad things to a, what, 12 year old? Sick. Gundy is not the housecleaner everyone thinks he is. He's just like every other coach that wants to "give kids a second chance".

I think it's more of "Aw ****, I can't win with good kids at OSU after all!"

CANE
2/9/2006, 01:45 PM
Miles will allow thugs to stay on the team and will clean up their messes for them. Mark it down.

Silly Sooner fans. Kinda like Dvoracek and Brandon Everage?

You guys are always quick to point out someone else haveing thugs but are quick to forget your own. Stoops has covered for players. Hell, Lehman had a DUI and didn't even miss a quarter of football against Texas.

Quit acting like nothing goes on at OU. Every school has their bad apples like it or not. These are 18-22 year old kids.

LosAngelesSooner
2/9/2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah...he sure covered for Dvoracek.

If you mean kicking him off the team, announcing to the press that the kid was gone and keeping him off the team for a full year as "Covering for" someone.

Stupid CANEvict.

Rhino
2/9/2006, 02:14 PM
Haha. A Miami fan coming over to point out the speck in our eye.

Hell, Lehman had a DUI and didn't even miss a quarter of football against Texas. Replace 'DUI' with 'PI & DTP' and 'Texas' with 'Nebraska' and you have the correct story.

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 03:59 PM
And I don't remember any of the things on Everage sticking. I've heard he was a head case, but he seemed to keep his nose pretty clean most of the time. The one time he got "busted" for anything was blown WAY out of proportion by local and even national media.

Octavian
2/9/2006, 04:13 PM
Quit acting like nothing goes on at OU.

no advice needed from Thug U.

Eauxkie Tiger
2/9/2006, 05:57 PM
All charges dropped.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060209/SPORTS0202/602090324/1001