PDA

View Full Version : Besides the fact that the horns ended up winning it all

Norm In Norman
1/5/2006, 09:07 AM
I'd say this has been the best bowl season ever. Almost every single game was competitive and came down to the wire. Seriously, would a playoff have been better than the way things played out this year?

Of course if we do good next year everyone will be complaining about how the BCS needs to be changed again...

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 09:48 AM
I'd say this has been the best bowl season ever. Almost every single game was competitive and came down to the wire. Seriously, would a playoff have been better than the way things played out this year?

Of course if we do good next year everyone will be complaining about how the BCS needs to be changed again...

True, most of the games were pure excitement
Norm, if we are in a position next year to whine about the BCS, I for one, will be thankful and willing to kick any other Sooner's *** for complaining

Tailwind
1/5/2006, 09:52 AM
Whorns vs Usuck.....steers vs queers........heh.

Norm In Norman
1/5/2006, 09:58 AM
True, most of the games were pure excitement
Norm, if we are in a position next year to whine about the BCS, I for one, will be thankful and willing to kick any other Sooner's *** for complaining
I haven't heard the Sooners complain so much, it just seems like whatever factor lets us into the MNC game is the one ESPN and the newspapers say needs to be changed. It sorta ****es me off.

fadada1
1/5/2006, 10:21 AM

couldn't agree more - was thinking the same thing last night after i cleaned out the throw-up:D

the only game that was a real blowout, was the lsu/miami game. and that made me nearly as happy as watch us beat oregon.

mrowl
1/5/2006, 10:29 AM
Great bowl season. I watched more games this year than ever...

Has parity officially come to the NCAA?

Red October
1/5/2006, 10:46 AM
Awesome year, what a ride. I am very sad it is over.

I feel really good about 06 and 07.

RacerX
1/5/2006, 10:51 AM
I really enjoyed FSU and USC losing on their home fields.

Luthor
1/5/2006, 12:01 PM
I haven't heard the Sooners complain so much, it just seems like whatever factor lets us into the MNC game is the one ESPN and the newspapers say needs to be changed. It sorta ****es me off.

Yeah really. In the post game interview Vince pointed out how that the media had shown us no respect leading up to last night's game. As soon as humanly possible the 4 ESPN *** hats attempted damage control to rebutt Vince's statement but it was too little too late. It's juuust a bit obvious when they're all still sitting there around that fake desk with Reggie sauce still on their chins. Gawd I hate ESPN.

mrowl
1/5/2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah really. In the post game interview Vince pointed out how that the media had shown us no respect leading up to last night's game. As soon as humanly possible the 4 ESPN *** hats attempted damage control to rebutt Vince's statement but it was too little too late. It's juuust a bit obvious when they're all still sitting there around that fake desk with Reggie sauce still on their chins. Gawd I hate ESPN.

that was funny when he went to their desk on the field (about 30-45 minutes after the game was over), they were trying to backpedal

RacerX
1/5/2006, 12:06 PM
Luthor, Mike and Mike showed the USA Today Sports Page this morning. Nice monster photo of Lendale scoring a TD on the front.

Norm In Norman
1/5/2006, 02:02 PM
Are you serious, Clark?

Luthor
1/5/2006, 02:10 PM
Luthor, Mike and Mike showed the USA Today Sports Page this morning. Nice monster photo of Lendale scoring a TD on the front.

In the world of sports media whoredom, ESPN is the easiest one to spot. They are the skank wearing the $4,000.00 shoes and ****ing in the corner.

RacerX
1/5/2006, 02:30 PM
But wait, ESPN radio was actually lamenting the horns being disrespected....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What turds.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2006, 02:34 PM
I wonder if they can get the experts back and determine whether the 06 Trojans can beat that 06 Horn team? My guess is that Texas doesn't have the man power to compete with the likes Lienart, Bush, and White ;)

Luthor
1/5/2006, 04:10 PM
I wonder if they can get the experts back and determine whether the 06 Trojans can beat that 06 Horn team? My guess is that Texas doesn't have the man power to compete with the likes Lienart, Bush, and White ;)

I'm pretty sure those "experts" won't be too hard to locate. They'll be standing at the nearest intersection holding plastic pails and window squeegies.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2006, 05:19 PM
Doubtful unless they won't to replace their whole staff. The only semi negative comment I heard about USC during this month was someone was talking about how some National Championshio team couldn't hold USC under 40 points and one of the guys said something like "Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys, this is a team that barely beat Fresno St." ;) They don't have time to rehire a whole staff ;)

RooseveltRoughRider
1/5/2006, 05:23 PM

Ditto. This bowl seaosn was awesome. Interesting matchups. I watched every game (Even though Monday had so many). I am actually sad the season is over. :(

NormanPride
1/5/2006, 05:32 PM
If Vince had actually stuck it to the networks about hyping USC more, I might have had to reconsider my opinion on his character. :eek:

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2006, 05:39 PM
I hear they are modifying the BCS to next year that the team that ends the REGULAR season as number #1 is automatically awarded the National Championship, the Bowl Games will just be exhibitions for the Future Pro's of the NFL.

westcoast_sooner
1/5/2006, 05:59 PM
Great bowl season. I can't remember seeing so many good close games, games that came down to the last play, or the last minute. WOW!!! The Sooners beat a highly ranked opponent on the West Coast and the game is exciting (wish we woulda run them outta the stadium, personally, but we WON!!!!! so who cares) to the very end, and the same with the Rose Bowl last night. A Big XII team beating ESPN's anointed ones in their own friggin' back yard!!!!

At least my wife won't come home from work and say "Not football again" until September, and trust me, that's a good thing.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/5/2006, 06:05 PM
I hear they are modifying the BCS to next year that the team that ends the REGULAR season as number #1 is automatically awarded the National Championship, the Bowl Games will just be exhibitions for the Future Pro's of the NFL.

Your kidding right..?

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 06:21 PM
Your kidding right..?

No, he heard it on ESPN and you know they always are accurate...

OK_Bred_SF
1/5/2006, 07:31 PM
No one has reported that the Big Twelve had the highest winning percentage when Tejas beat USC! They said the conference was weak this year, but we were expected to loose all bowl games but one and ended up 5-3. Not too shabby...

opksooner
1/5/2006, 07:38 PM
The Big XII produces an NC and a 5 win - 3 loss record in bowl games.

I would have settled for 4-4 and a ut loss. :(

Indy Sooner
1/5/2006, 09:48 PM

So it will become a remake of the old UPI poll, pre-1974? For this very reason, any "national championships" courtesy of the UPI (prior to 1974) are specious and are not regarded as legitimate by logical college football experts.

josh09
1/5/2006, 09:55 PM

but if michigan had actually pulled out that miracle, it would have made the bowl season even BETTER. that really was crazy.

Texas Golfer
1/6/2006, 12:46 AM
Excellent bowl season!

I watched games with teams I had no interest in and still enjoyed the games. Most were very exciting and most were filled with a lot of offense (which I like to see).

The Big XII got no respect this year. We were underdogs in all eight of our bowl games and won more and had the best percentage than any other conference (tied with the ACC).

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 12:52 AM
Excellent bowl season!

I watched games with teams I had no interest in and still enjoyed the games. Most were very exciting and most were filled with a lot of offense (which I like to see).

The Big XII got no respect this year. We were underdogs in all eight of our bowl games and won more and had the best percentage than any other conference (tied with the ACC).

This may be conference homerism, but I personally feel as if our record is more impressive because
1. we were the dogs in every game and
2. we beat higher calibre teams

Blue
1/6/2006, 01:00 AM
But no mention of the BS "Conference cup" by ESPN since KU whupped Houston in the Fort Worth Bowl.

I really hate those ESPN ******s.

Soonerchaz
1/6/2006, 11:01 AM
GREAT bowl season. This was by far the most bowl games I've ever watched.

How many games were decided or ended by 4th quarter/late interceptions? OU...Tulsa...Cal...BC...Tulsa...Virginia...more? Amazing....

Sooner98
1/6/2006, 01:51 PM
OU...Tulsa...Cal...BC...Tulsa...Virginia...more?

Texas, Alabama, Penn State, West Virginia, Nebraska, Nevada, TCU, Arizona State, Missouri, Memphis, Florida - all by a touchdown or less.

Norm In Norman
1/6/2006, 04:25 PM
Dang

TopDawg
1/6/2006, 04:37 PM
Rallies and runs. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58872)