PDA

View Full Version : Keith Jackson

mrowl
1/5/2006, 07:34 AM
I think that Keith Jackson was either changing his diaper during the last 4 minutes of the 4th, or he was calling Pete and asking WTF is going on. :D

soonerwxman
1/5/2006, 07:36 AM
Was that Keith Jackson? I thought Bob Barry Sr. had entered the booth! ;)

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2006, 08:54 AM
hats off to Dan Fouts for keeping him honest......i dont care for either as a broadcaster, but i thought Fouts did a good job of keeping things fair in that booth

TMcGee86
1/5/2006, 09:00 AM
I love how on that int in the endzone TFKJ is like "oh man, one foot more and it's a touchdown."

Fouts was like "Well that was a heck of an interception!"

You could almost hear Fouts frustration trying to keep it neutral.

How about that schedule now TFKJ? ND and SC dont look so hot.

(ug, i sort of i just took up for the whorns. I think i threw up a little in my mouth)

Harry Beanbag
1/5/2006, 09:07 AM
Can you imagine a broadcasting team of Jackson and Bob Barry Sr.?

I couldn't stop laughing right before kickoff when Keith let out a big ol' "Yippee!". The wife walked in from the other room and asked me if she heard that right.

And Fouts did do an admirable job of not only keeping it fair, but also attempting to keep the viewing audience as unconfused about what was actually happening as possible. Dude deserves a big raise if he has to put up with Jackson again next year.

OUDoc
1/5/2006, 09:15 AM

I couldn't stop laughing right before kickoff when Keith let out a big ol' "Yippee!". The wife walked in from the other room and asked me if she heard that right.

I'm still lost by his "... and a timeout is taken as the third quarter winds down." On screen shows "End of third quarter". So, someone took a timeout in between quarters, Keith? :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2006, 09:16 AM
i loved KJ's comments when Carroll went over and said something to the backup QB......as if Carroll is going to bench Leinhart in the second quarter, only down 4

Harry Beanbag
1/5/2006, 09:17 AM
I'm still lost by his "... and a timeout is taken as the third quarter winds down." On screen shows "End of third quarter". So, someone took a timeout in between quarters, Keith? :rolleyes:

As I was driving in to work this morning, one of the sports radio dudes described it perfectly -- "He had a few lost old man driving in the left lane moments." :D

Harry Beanbag
1/5/2006, 09:18 AM
i loved KJ's comments when Carroll went over and said something to the backup QB......as if Carroll is going to bench Leinhart in the second quarter, only down 4

I forgot about that one. The only reason Leinart would have been benched last night was if he had gotten Theismanned.

Tear Down This Wall
1/5/2006, 09:19 AM

Classic. I kept waiting for Fouts to correct him, but he'd probably already left the both for a quick **** by then. ABC finally, mercifully, cut away.

OUDoc
1/5/2006, 09:19 AM
Keith did say Booty was told to warm up. :confused:
They should have put in Paul Thompson. :D

oumartin
1/5/2006, 09:20 AM
Carroll was telling Booty to get ready because Leinart was getting pounded at the time.. I loved the look lienart had after hetting hit in the head on his scramble. Dude got knocked crosseyed again. either that or he was staring at Carrolls yoo-hoo.

Veritas
1/5/2006, 09:22 AM
Keith's blatant coastie homerism pushed me over the edge. I'd said before the game I'd pull for USC, but I found myself really wanting UT to pull it out, mainly because I wanted SC to lose and a UT victory and NC would be the unfortunate by-product! :D

oumartin
1/5/2006, 09:23 AM
I will say this. Ole' When Leinart has time and steps into his passes he throws a hard, fast, pretty spiral.

Hot Rod
1/5/2006, 09:36 AM
I think my fav was the comment about Texas having all 3 timeouts with 2 sec left in the 1st half.

Old Sooner
1/5/2006, 09:41 AM
It seems that the big networks tout the SC and ND so much it makes me sick. I am glad the B12 won beating the PAC 10 in both bowls over their 2 best teams.

mrowl
1/5/2006, 09:49 AM
I am VERY HAPPY that Fox takes over next year.

crawfish
1/5/2006, 09:52 AM
KJ was sad when USC lost to Texas...
and when Oregon lost to OU...
and when Michigan lost to Nebraska.

Jerk. :mad:

BermudaSooner
1/5/2006, 09:53 AM
I knew they would keep bringing up VY's knee down on the TD, but would never speak again about the clear interception that was somehow ruled incomplete.

How many times did we see the replay of the knee down on the TD, but a couple of plays later the interception was never spoken of or seen again.

IMHO, Texas scores even with the knee down, but that interception stops a drive.

yur-out
1/5/2006, 09:58 AM
IMO, Keith Berman said it best,"Stumblin, Bumblin, Rumblin". Although I don't think he was talking about those two when he said it. :)

BeetDigger
1/5/2006, 10:44 AM
Keith has such a great voice, too bad it is used to say so many dumb things. Too bad he can't lend that voice to someone who can see the field and actually understands what is going on. His calls were just painful to listen to at times. I kept expecting him to refer to Carroll as John McKay, Bush as OJ, Jarrett as Lynn Swan and any sweep as Student Body Right.

SweetheartSooner
1/5/2006, 10:46 AM
I actually think he was worse during the UT game than our game. Maybe I was so into our game that I didn't notice it, but man, he was really really bad last night. What a homer.

soonersam
1/5/2006, 10:49 AM
and they call timeout......no . its called the end of the quarter.. you see those big #'s on the board. when they get to all zero's they half to change ends of the field there Keith

OUDizzle
1/5/2006, 10:56 AM
Everytime I think of Keith Jackson I think of this. (http://www.devilducky.com/media/32233/)

Sooner Traveler
1/5/2006, 12:20 PM
Is it "Time Outs remaining" or "TimeS Out remaining". He kept saying they have 3 TimeS Out remaining. Never heard it referred to that way.

85sooners
1/5/2006, 04:28 PM
poor keith and his pac-10 losers hahahahaha

TUSooner
1/5/2006, 04:34 PM
IMO, Keith Berman said it best,"Stumblin, Bumblin, Rumblin". Although I don't think he was talking about those two when he said it. :)
Uhh, Keith, I believe that's CHRIS Berman.

You're welcome! :D

CatfishSooner
1/5/2006, 05:15 PM
I really honestly and sincerely feel very very sad for KJ...

Jason White's Third Knee
1/5/2006, 05:24 PM
...writes checks in the express lane.

Oh, sorry. I thought that... nm.

MITSooner
1/5/2006, 05:27 PM
I about puked when he said the new heisman pose should be Reggie diving into the endzone.

He wasn't that bad during the Holiday bowl was he? Can anyone remember any bias or lost old man moments during our game?

Dio
1/5/2006, 05:36 PM
I about puked when he said the new heisman pose should be Reggie diving into the endzone.

He wasn't that bad during the Holiday bowl was he? Can anyone remember any bias or lost old man moments during our game?

Yeah, he started talking about some train going from San Diego to LA, then he just kind of trailed off. He also called us texass at one point.

soonerdave79
1/5/2006, 05:40 PM
My favorite:

KJ: And the field goal is good . . . . . . .[Dan Fouts waiting for Keith to correct himself]. . . . . . . . . . .[and, finally] . .
DF: Uhh, no Keith, it was'nt good.

That was friggin' hilarious

NickZeppelin
1/5/2006, 05:41 PM
Didn't Jackson retire like 5 years ago?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/5/2006, 05:46 PM
Didn't Jackson retire like 5 years ago?

Mmmmyeah. And 2 months later he was back.

Joe
1/5/2006, 05:50 PM
Another moment: during Texass' 2 point conversion

Keith Jackson: No time ran off the clock.

Fouts: That's because it was a 2 point conversion.

Soonermagik
1/5/2006, 05:56 PM

And Fouts did do an admirable job of not only keeping it fair, but also attempting to keep the viewing audience as unconfused about what was actually happening as possible. Dude deserves a big raise if he has to put up with Jackson again next year.

LMAO when he said Yippee all the people at our house was like who the heck is that guy. :D

GrapevineSooner
1/5/2006, 05:58 PM
Keith Jackson: "I couldn't see anything looking through my binoculaurs."

John Kochtoston
1/5/2006, 05:59 PM
Is it "Time Outs remaining" or "TimeS Out remaining". He kept saying they have 3 TimeS Out remaining. Never heard it referred to that way.

FWIW, it should be "time outs." The noun is two words, and the "s" goes on the end of the second one. This differs from plurals like "Attorneys General" and "Courts Martial" becasue the words "General" and "Martial" are adjectives describing the words "Attorney" and "Court."

That said, Keith Jackson is way past any prime he might have had. Fouts has been very calm, cool, collected and impartial during the 05-06 bowl season, which was doubly impressive to watch during the Holiday Bowl, as he is an Oregon grad. I kinda think KJ is one of those "conference pride" guys, pulling for the Pac-10 just to make Washington State's fantastic athletic tradition :rolleyes: look impressive by association.

Ban One Sooner
1/5/2006, 06:09 PM
Actually, isn't "out" an adjective, referring to "time" a noun? In that case Keith is probably right...

John Kochtoston
1/5/2006, 06:21 PM
Actually, isn't "out" an adjective, referring to "time" a noun? In that case Keith is probably right...

Not in this instance, I'm pretty sure. An attorney general is still an attorney, without the word general. A court martial is still a court, without martial. A time out is something completely different without the word out.

GottaHavePride
1/5/2006, 07:30 PM
Negative. "Out" is a modifier applied to the noun "time". Just like multiple attorneys are attorneys-at-law, not attorney-at-laws. Or a married person can have brothers-in-law, not brother-in-laws. You have multiple times out. One thing Keith Jackson actually has command of is grammatical English.

picasso
1/5/2006, 07:47 PM
did you guys hear KJ after the knee down TD and missed extra point kick? as they were going to a commercial he said "no real harm done to USC."
wtf? I heard it last night and again today on the replay. heh.

HuskerPower
1/5/2006, 08:31 PM
LMAO when he said Yippee all the people at our house was like who the heck is that guy. :D

"We're playing football...YIPPEEE!"

Best Keith Jackson line ever.

Big Red Ron
1/5/2006, 08:42 PM
My personal favorite from the Holiday bowl was when he call Petterson (ya know the ruuner up for the Heisman last year) Adrian Patterson. He also called Kejuan, kwan. How many frickin games has KJ done with these exact players?

OUinFLA
1/5/2006, 09:13 PM
about as many as when Inglasias took the field.

GDC
1/5/2006, 09:33 PM
or Brett Romar

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 11:03 PM
Don't forget about our new OC, Chuck Wilson

Brasky7
1/6/2006, 02:34 AM
we laughed our *sses off when he was reading the promo for Emily's Reasons Why Not and he got confused and started reading it again, stopped, and just said "i don't know"...

GDC
1/6/2006, 08:58 AM
"Times-out" is grammatically correct.

stoopified
1/6/2006, 09:49 AM
Bob Barry sr and KJ in the booth together would be bad enough but add Deano on the sideline and it is 70/40 you have a real circus.

FirstandGoal
1/6/2006, 09:56 AM
we laughed our *sses off when he was reading the promo for Emily's Reasons Why Not and he got confused and started reading it again, stopped, and just said "i don't know"...

:D
I had forgotten about that one! My 8yo daughter even picked up on that and laughed at him.

John Kochtoston
1/6/2006, 05:53 PM
"Times-out" is grammatically correct.

What do I know? I went to public school.:D :O

OUstud
1/6/2006, 05:58 PM
I could have sworn in the 1st quarter, when USC threw the fade route to the side of the field closest to the camera, and he caught it at the 7, that Keith said "Touchdown!"

RoaminSooner
1/6/2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry but I like KJ. He maybe a PAC homer but who else can say KJ sayings. Besides when he calls games you know it's a big one imo

Big Red Ron
1/7/2006, 12:42 AM
Sorry but I like KJ. He maybe a PAC homer but who else can say KJ sayings. Besides when he calls games you know it's a big one imoAn angel just lost it's wings. ;)

Sooner66
1/15/2006, 03:46 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=time-out&r=66

This site cites time-out or timeout as a single word and quotes an example (WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University) that says, "each team has two time-outs left." This source also lists attorney generals and court-martials as acceptable plural forms (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.)

I believe something like memory lapse is a more apt comparison for time-out than attorney general and somewhat more clear than court-martial. Using a parallel structure to compare:

"Early in the game, the team took a time-out. When the game gets tight, teams often take time-outs to plan their strategy. Taking out from time in the game also lets the teams refresh a bit."

"Almost every day, I have a memory lapse. When stress gets high, I often have memory lapses that cause me problems. Having lapse of memory under pressure also makes me frustrated a lot."

Even with all his faults and foibles, I still have fond memories of ol' Keith calling those Saturday afternoon ABC games back in the '70s. I believe I even recall him using the phrase "Sooner Magic" on more than one occasion.

But who cares about all this minutiae and nostalgia. Let's go get Derek Burton or Ugo Chinasa, Jermaine Gresham, Gerald McCoy, and Michael Morgan and go play some football. If we still have enough scholarships, that is. But I guess that's a topic for another thread.