PDA

View Full Version : What an awesome game....

trojanblue
1/5/2006, 12:56 AM
[I am partly copying a post I made on our forum]

Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Aw esome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,...................

Man, I feel like crying for so many reasons both out of joy and sorrow:

1. We lost.
2. The streak ended (it had to end sometime; it might as well be against a superb Texas team)
3. No history.
4. The dynasty ended.
5. Mack Brown, for everything he has gone through at Austin, really deserved it.
6. It was worth the wait for Texas to finally win NC in such a grand way.
7. In such an awesome game, it is a pity one has to lose.

We can talk about phantom TD, things that went Texas way, the way we shot ourselves in the foot in the 2Q, Reggie bone headed play etc, etc, etc. But, this is still a bunch of 20 year olds playing the game. Not fully out of adolescence, not yet young men and still far away from maturity. But they played with their hearts out for their coach and their school. For this, I shall, always celebrate college football.

Yes the streak ended. It is perhaps time to reflect on this loss, congratulate the boys on both sides for playing so well and perhaps start a new one;)

Yes Sooner fans, Bud Wilkinson is safe. You still remain the greatest dynasty.
May you have a very successful season in 2006.

Three cheers for the Longhorns, the National Champions.

Three cheers for our boys, the Magnificent Trojans. May they always play like champions!!!

Fight On!!!

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/5/2006, 01:02 AM
Dude. You're weird.

OKC-SLC
1/5/2006, 01:04 AM
NTTAWWT

Soonerus
1/5/2006, 01:09 AM
Have a counseling session with ballroom dancing Matt and explain to him YOU LOST !!!!

goingoneight
1/5/2006, 01:11 AM
Hey guys, I don't see that guy being an A-hole... Show some class, we'll need to be in good practice when the whorn fans come around SF.com

The Ensuing Kickoff
1/5/2006, 01:12 AM
What dynasty? The Ming?

proudsoonergal
1/5/2006, 01:13 AM
Did I stumble onto hornfans or the trojan board by mistake? Oh, wait, those two probably crashed.....:D

KaiserSooner
1/5/2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah, college football is so much greater than the NFL. Tonight's Rose Bowl was indeed fun to watch.

FirstandGoal
1/5/2006, 01:22 AM
Did I stumble onto hornfans or the trojan board by mistake? Oh, wait, those two probably crashed.....:D

I was just wondering the same thing. Why submit a post congratulating texass on a Sooner board???:confused:

sooneron
1/5/2006, 01:24 AM
b/c this is hornfans.com faster v. - just ask gdc

OUrOUned
1/5/2006, 01:26 AM
ease up fellow Sooners, nothin' wrong with a classy Trojan...it was a GREAT game!

David Earl
1/5/2006, 01:29 AM
Dude. You're weird.

Go shoe-whip yourself.

...ninny head...

AZfanIII
1/5/2006, 02:16 AM
Definately a great game. Too bad Leinart opened his mouth after the game and the turd he sucked out of Petey's *** fell out.

william_brasky
1/5/2006, 02:39 AM
Leinart opened his mouth after the game and the turd he sucked out of Petey's *** fell out.

Would someone please fark this description. TIA.

soonerjoker
1/6/2006, 12:15 PM
trojanblew

why post your stuff on this board ???
no love for usc on this board.

MI Sooner
1/6/2006, 12:20 PM
Trojan probably posted this here because (as you can clearly read in his post), USC's loss secures the 50's OU teams as the pre-eminent dynasty in CF history.

I still can't stand USC.

Blues1
1/6/2006, 12:34 PM
This guy is a fan of College Football - that's good enough to post here - I've been thinking about posting on the usc board just to rub in our STREAK is Still alive and Well ....So cut this fan some slack, you never know who we might play in the 2006 bowl games,could very well be another Pac 10 team, -- -- maybe even usc ...???

Rock On'

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/6/2006, 01:01 PM
I think this goes under the who cares category. We don't care if you wanna congratulate Texas.

We're Not Texas... We're Oklahoma.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2006, 01:02 PM
I just sort of feel...violated, when other teams' fans post here. It's like someone's listening in on your phone call. "Hey whorn/nebbish/domer/condom,etc., we didn't call you!"

FlatheadSooner
1/6/2006, 01:26 PM
2. The streak ended (it had to end sometime; it might as well be against a superb BIG XII team)

Yes Sooner fans, Bud Wilkinson is safe. You still remain the greatest dynasty.
May you have a very successful season in 2006.

4. The dynasty ended.

I have no problem with their great attempt at beating our Streak - and the recognition. Nice try and Thank You.

However, this dynasty fantasy must be put into perspective. One BCS NC does not quite cut as dynasty worthy. Hey, the rules are the da rules - we didn't make them up.

:rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
1/6/2006, 01:42 PM
Dude. You're weird.

Bounding

Oklahoma Football 2006 catchphrase?

I'd be ok with that, seein' how we got ourselves sheered pretty good a couple times this season... No reason not to get back up and bound...

TUSooner
1/6/2006, 02:04 PM
C'mon. Cut trojanblue some slack. It WAS a great game to watch. I'm not gonna dump on the guy just because I'm happy (very happy, really) that his team got humbled. He's entitled to love his team, whatever we think of it.

instigator
1/6/2006, 02:15 PM
I think this goes under the who cares category. We don't care if you wanna congratulate Texas.

We're Not Texas... We're Oklahoma.
Thank you! Why the **** is this being posted here?