PDA

View Full Version : The Stoops Situation???

SOONER44EVER
1/2/2006, 07:31 PM
I just walked in and caught the tail end of the local sports on tv and heard the guy say "We should know more about the Stoops situation later on tonight". He looked all serious and stuff. WTF???

Boffingham
1/2/2006, 07:32 PM
I would like to know as well???

EstablishedSooner1967
1/2/2006, 07:34 PM
He situation is weather to drive his pink caddy to the AA game or the porch.. If anything outside of the norm OU will still have a football team.

SOONER44EVER
1/2/2006, 07:35 PM
He situation is weather to drive his pink caddy to the AA game or the porsh.. If anything outside of the norm OU will still have a football team.
What the heck is a porsh?

sooner13f
1/2/2006, 07:35 PM
Kansas papers are talking about intrest in the KC job..

Boffingham
1/2/2006, 07:36 PM
Maybe chuck long will change his mind and come back to hc the sooners

Al Gore
1/2/2006, 07:36 PM
Kansas papers are talking about intrest in the KC job..His picture was on the front of the sports page today in our paper.....

Boffingham
1/2/2006, 07:37 PM
Quick, lets start a poll, start bashing him or something.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/2/2006, 07:37 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sooner13f
1/2/2006, 07:38 PM
I wondered about his intrest last year when he pulled strings to get White a try out.

Soonerpsycho
1/2/2006, 07:39 PM
There's a thread on the OUInsider premium board stating that a Tulsa station reported that Stoops is negotiating with KC. Doesn't look good. :(

Boffingham
1/2/2006, 07:40 PM
Are you serious, Clark?

mrowl
1/2/2006, 07:40 PM
Kansas papers are talking about intrest in the KC job..

No way, that is Herman Edwards new job.

sooner13f
1/2/2006, 07:41 PM
I am a KC fan and I hope he doesnt leave. He can not win at KC. Peterson will not let him win.

LifelongSooner
1/2/2006, 07:48 PM
That's why I hate this time of year. Sitting back, fat dumb and happy, after the bowl win, then get smacked with something like this.

Maybe he's just working to get some more money for his coaching staff (like keeping Wyatt here)?

He knows the turnover in NFL head coaching. He's got a young family and I can't think that he would subject them to that uncertainty.

JLB
1/2/2006, 07:49 PM
If Stoops goes to KC,I still won't be a fan of KC football.Who will be OU next coach,Steve Kragthorpe.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 07:54 PM
steve would make a great choice

Rocker
1/2/2006, 07:56 PM
Well if they offer 35million guaranteed he might leave.

LifelongSooner
1/2/2006, 07:57 PM
STOOPS AND NFL TALK HEATING UP AGAIN
Deanblevins.com
01.02.06 - 4:28 PM

We’ve been holding off for a week now. We might as well jump out there and address things that have been on the NFL grapevine the past ten days or so. Of course it all centers once again on OU coach Bob Stoops.

Radio reports are about to hit the air in KC speculating that Stoops was the guest of Kansas City General Manager Carl Peterson at Sunday’s season-ending 37-3 route of playoff-bound Cincinnati.

A Chiefs insider just told me he believes, but cannot confirm, that Stoops was in Peterson’s suite Sunday. He also believes the two were together Sunday after the game and that Peterson had unofficial conversations about the Chiefs job when OU played CU in the Big XII title game last year.

Informed sources tell me, “They’ve targeted three guys….in order they are Herm Edwards, Bob Stoops and Butch Davis.” He says the Chiefs have made a lot of money in the past....but right now they are set on doing everything they can to win a Super Bowl while the popular but unhealthy owner Lamar Hunt can see his beloved Chiefs play. “Mr. Hunt’s son Clark will make the decision but you can bet Peterson will sign off on it.” Before Sooner fans relax, keep in mind that I wouldn’t put too much stock in that order. Politics are involved in everything. And if I’m doing the hiring, I’d have a hard time choosing Edwards number one. Check with Jets fans on that one. This Chiefs source says that former OSU and Dallas assistant and Miami U and Cleveland head coach Davis is interviewing for the KC job right now.

He said he expects OC Al Saunders to leave and that he is the leading candidate in Detroit.

But first things first.

Stoops is cautious about putting himself in situations that make him vulnerable. While it would surprise me if he and Peterson would be hanging out shooting the breeze in the GM's suite, it would surprise me more if there is not serious consideration on behalf of the Chiefs.

Published reports have the OU coach as one of the leading candidates.

Multiple sources say this is nowhere close to any slam-dunk-Stoops- to-KC story. However, one NFL source just told me that if the speculation is true about Stoops and Peterson being together, “there’s probably something there.” We’ve talked and written for a couple of years about the fact that Stoops respects Peterson. And that the sucessful Peterson has a tremendous amount of respect for Stoops-the former KSU DC who has proven himself in college and appears to have the potential to succeed in the NFL.

Part of the transition could be easy if Stoops were to go to KC. One source told me that OC Al Saunders has been with Vermeil and has a good group of veteran assistants and would be a great fit if Stoops were hired. The Chiefs are good on offense. However, one of the KC Chiefs sources say that Saunders will not be in KC and that he is the leading candidate for the Detroit job.

However, some sources say that Peterson does not want to start the final years of his tenure grooming a coach. And that’s what it would take. Even Stoops would need a little time. Heck, he didn’t win a national championship at OU until….oh, I guess it was the second season.

Kansas City sources say strong candidates include Washington DC Gregg Williams, who floundered as head coach with the Bills and can’t be formally interviewed until after the NFL playoffs. But one source says following the charisma of Vermeil and with the magnetic Peterson, the Chiefs might want more than Williams-“not exactly Bobby Bowden when it comes to coming across to people.” Herm Edwards is connected to the Chiefs organization and key personnel including Vermeil and Peterson. But Edwards may be pushing for a pay raise from a loyal, strong and fair owner-a rarity in the pro ranks.

Sources say even though Edwards played for Vermeil at Philly, and is widely regarded as a terrific guy and coach, that it doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone feels that way…“there are mixed reports out there on everyone?” The Stoops name has consistently been speculated at or near the top of the list to succeed Vermeil. We’ve noted it for a couple of years, and have had conversations with some of the KC payroll about Stoopsand have had conversations with some of the KC payroll about Stoops/Peterson and KC. Kansas City’s Len Stiles will have a big say. He’d coached with Vermiel at UCLA and the Eagles and has the ear of people who want his input.

Kansas City is not the only team that has had Stoops connected with potentially becoming the head coach. Ten days ago, we were told by insiders of interest in Dallas and Houston. Each is intriguing.

In Dallas, Bill Parcells could be repeating history and just posturing for a pay raise. Or could be that the recent death of his brother could really have led him to give up the whistle. NFL sources say he’s interested in and has already drawn interest from potential network TV suitors.

Or, the unpredictable, daring, and Oklahoma connected Jerry Jones might be ready to give Bill a chance to jump ship before he would pull the trigger himself and bring in a guy who might not always be available for the plucking.

But as good and as confident as Stoops is, some wonder how he would step in and do a better job than Parcells-a guy who is a sure fire Hall-of-Fame coach and on a very short list of the best to ever coach in the league? In Houston, we were told last week that Don Capers was out and that Stoops might be the preferred choice. On the surface, the Texans don’t sound so good. But it could be appealing.

There are plenty of pros and cons to the Stoops and the NFL. Stay or leave? REASONS TO STAY: 1/ Job security. 2/ Championship caliber team returning. 3/ Failure of mentor Steve Spurrier in Washington. 4/ He’s a college coach. 5/ Family settled and wife successful Mary Kay business. 6/ Biggest figure in state. 7/ Pursue standards of Wilkinson and Switzer. 8/ Desire to see Peterson and Bomar finish college careers. 9/ Security of remaining staff and their families. 10. Increased time at work meaning less family time.

REASONS STOOPS WOULD REJECT THOSE REASONS: 1/ Not concerned about job security and all three jobs have quality ownership/management-Jones in Dallas, McNair in Houston and Peterson in KC. 2/ Albeit improved, the 2006 Sooners will not win the national title and if Vince Young returns, will be up to a ten-point underdog against Texas.

3/Would be going into much better situations in Dallas and KC. Spurrier jumped into bed with Washington owner Daniel Snyder-a guy one NFL source described as a “clueless jackass knuckleheaded squirrel). Houston’s owner is a respected man and is committed to seeing the Texans become a winner. The winning ingredients are in place with QB David Carr and Reggie Bush.

Stoops is used to calling his own shots and the NFL flow chart is not like it is in college. But the work hours “are what you make them…it depends on the quality of your work…you’ll spend more time at night because your stuff has to be ready by 8AM.” 4/ Yes, Stoops is a college coach. But just looking in Dallas you find a couple of guys from this state-Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer- who won SB rings early after making the switch. 5/ Better to move young kids than wait till they are 16. And can’t you sell make-up in Kansas City? Probably would expand her business. But they won’t be in food lines wherever they live.

6/ Who cares? Vermeil’s pretty big in Kansas. 7/ Stoops could leave an absolute hero right now. He doesn’t need to match or better the records of Bud and Barry. Maybe the pursuit of that tandem is not so hot anyway.

8/ Good point, but leaving those guys and other stars would be a nice way to go out. 9/ Another good point. But those guys won’t have trouble finding work. It would be surprising if the new coach would come from within, but a couple could possibly go to KC. A KC source says he was told Brent Venables would join Stoops in KC. And the bottom line is that the coaching business is a transient business. It is not the responsibility of a head coach to be totally responsible for a staff forever.

10/ Another good point. But this guy is in his prime. Work ethic and energy are not a problem. Some things would need to be adjusted, but it’s probably not something that would be a deal-breaker.

At the end of the day, you might ask why he wouldn’t take the large green and find out. If it doesn’t work, he shouldn’t have any more trouble finding good work than his pal Spurrier. Win-win for Stoops. Of so it seems.

But, don’t discount his current gig. Not easy to find a Joe Castiglione, President Boren, tradition, facilities, administrative commitment, money, Peterson, Bomar, and other talent.

A lot of mountain climbers like to go back after being there before and getting zapped halfway down the cliffs.

So, ready, set, go. Let the emails, denials, scoffs and badgering begin. Lots of cynics out there who consider this darn near blasphemous.

But we view it as irresponsible to not pass along facts, opinions and comments from insiders, when it pertains to a figure as big as Bob Stoops in Oklahoma.

And trust me. Whether anything comes of it or not, the NFL grapevine and now the KC media are again talking Stoops.

Does Stoops feel the urge to get to the big show? Or is he the coaching equivalent of the mountain climber who got knocked off the summit and is determined to see the view from the top again?

sigh....

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/2/2006, 07:57 PM
Okay, all hate for the horns aside. How about Chizik ? Or maybe Mike might come back, how could he say no to the money ?

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2006, 07:58 PM
Mike Leach is my choice, but thats just me I think.

KABOOKIE
1/2/2006, 07:59 PM
http://forums.kansas.com/n/mb/viewpoll.asp?webtag=kr-kansas_spt&vote=0&msg=3948.1

NickZeppelin
1/2/2006, 08:02 PM
He may take the job as early as tomorrow.

Newbomb Turk
1/2/2006, 08:02 PM
steve would make a great choice

I think we should try to get Chuck Long back. ;)

mrowl
1/2/2006, 08:04 PM

huh, I didn't think he would actually come coach the pee-wee kids. We had the interview, and when he didn't show up, I took that as a "no"

oumartin
1/2/2006, 08:05 PM
are you saying he was a no show?

Al Gore
1/2/2006, 08:06 PM
Search to start close to home

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs will begin their search for a new head coach by interviewing offensive coordinator Al Saunders sometime this week.
But it won’t end there. By the time the Chiefs hire a replacement for the newly retired Dick Vermeil, president/general manager Carl Peterson probably will have talked with several candidates with far-reaching backgrounds: college head coaches, NFL assistants and former NFL head coaches.
Peterson indicated Sunday after the Vermeil era ended with a 37-3 win over Cincinnati at Arrowhead Stadium that he has several names on his search list, though he would reveal none other than Saunders. But NFL defensive coordinator Gregg Williams of Washington, a native of Excelsior Springs, and Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops could be on that list.
One of Peterson’s favorite candidates, Jets coach Herman Edwards, appears to be off limits. Edwards has two years remaining on his contract, and Peterson said NFL tampering rules forbid him from contacting the Jets regarding Edwards.
“If the Jets call me, obviously I’d talk to them,” Peterson said.
After the Jets ended their season Sunday, Edwards tried to end the speculation he would jump to the Chiefs.
“As far as I’m concerned,” he told reporters in New York, “I’ll be back.”
Peterson also indicated he would comply with the NFL rules requiring teams with coaching vacancies to interview at least one minority candidate.
Asked whether he would interview other internal candidates in addition to Saunders, Peterson said, “At this point, no.”
That would rule out former Chiefs head coach Gunther Cunningham, now their defensive coordinator.
Peterson said he had no preference for a coach with an offensive or defensive background. He indicated he wanted a seasoned coach but didn’t care if that experience came in the NFL or college.
“Besides Al Saunders, there are some talented guys, and some of them right now are coaching in the playoffs,” Peterson said. “I owe it to Lamar (Hunt) and Clark (Hunt) to talk to those people also.”
Lamar Hunt, the Chiefs owner, echoed those sentiments.
“I think it’s important for us to have somebody who has experience,” Hunt said. “I don’t know personally that it is important to have pro experience. I’m open-minded in that respect. Clearly, the job Nick Saban has done this year (with Miami) proves you can come out of college and do pretty darn good.”
The Chiefs are replacing a 69-year-old coach in Vermeil. Even when he was hired five years ago, the Chiefs viewed Vermeil as a short-term coach. He wound up staying five seasons, two longer than they expected.
Their next coach probably will be someone much younger who could be a long-term solution.
“One thing I’d like to see is someone who has ample time to really make a name for himself and build a foundation here.” Hunt said. “We’re not looking for a two-year fix or one-year fix.”

JLB
1/2/2006, 08:07 PM
He's gone.That's what college Coaches do when their use to being successful and they have a bad season.Their afraid their stock might fall and/or get fired.Goodbye Stoops it has been fun.I wanted to see you win a NC with your own players though.

mrowl
1/2/2006, 08:08 PM
He's gone.That's what college Coaches do when their use to being successful and they have a bad season.Their afraid their stock might fall and/or get fired.Goodbye Stoops it has been fun.I wanted to see you when a NC with your own players though.

don't worry, its only for the pee-wee season, we couldn't afford him to recruit for us.

JLB
1/2/2006, 08:19 PM
This shi@ depresses me.I mean every off season you have to deal with this crap.Rumors,speculation.It's like taking a trip to my mother-in-laws house.

Newbomb Turk
1/2/2006, 08:20 PM
Good thing about the Blake years - we didn't have to worry about this stuff.

sooner13f
1/2/2006, 08:22 PM
It really gets old. I know being a great coach will always bring them coming but I wished this year would be different. I would be shocked if he goes to KC they dont take chances like that they will hire someone that has coached in the NFL already. Maybe their OC...Thats my hope. Stay home Bob you could make 2.5 to 3 mill a year forever at OU.

LifelongSooner
1/2/2006, 08:24 PM
He's gone.That's what college Coaches do when their use to being successful and they have a bad season.Their afraid their stock might fall and/or get fired.Goodbye Stoops it has been fun.I wanted to see you win a NC with your own players though.

He's not that type. Some of his interviews talked about how much fun they had this year, growing together. He likes the challenge.

I think if he leaves, it can all be laid at the feet of the Big XII officials, and the Big XII admin offices who backed up the officials. Are you happy, Deterding? ;)

BillyBall

This is why I used to have your *** on ignore... You annoy the **** out of me

oumartin
so much for loyalty..
actually, i am not to concerned.
Bob would have let Chuck in on this and taken chuck with him to the NFL
or told chuck to wait and see about the Oklahoma job.
there. logic

Rocker
1/2/2006, 08:30 PM
Well here we go again with all this Stoops is leaving. It really gets tiring.

GDC
1/2/2006, 08:46 PM
Why do you think Venables didn't go to KSU?

oumartin
1/2/2006, 08:48 PM
cuz they dent want him at KSU

JLB
1/2/2006, 08:48 PM
He's not that type. Some of his interviews talked about how much fun they had this year, growing together. He likes the challenge.

I think if he leaves, it can all be laid at the feet of the Big XII officials, and the Big XII admin offices who backed up the officials. Are you happy, Deterding? ;)
I did not mean that to sound so negative.But no,i'm not happy.Just when I thought we had weathered the storm.The loss to TCU:confused: The loss to UCLA:( The loss to Texas:mad: .Then we fought back and won and played good doing it.Now this loss could take all that progress away.New Head Coaches mean new systems,and sometimes players just never grasp new systems.I hope this is all bullshi@.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 08:50 PM
Oklahoma to name Josh Heupel head coach?

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2006, 08:50 PM
Don't have a nervous breakdown yet JLB. Relax, cause more than likely its just the same BS we hear every year.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 08:52 PM
well, cept this year he has been hangin' with Peterson..

ADRIAN PETERSON

JLB
1/2/2006, 08:54 PM
I just needed a beer.AHHHHH,thats better.No more on this subject.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 08:59 PM
no more? just know this..
STOOPS IS A GONER
HE'S LEAVING
ITS DONE

;)

OU-HSV
1/2/2006, 08:59 PM
I'm not believing anything until there's something officially announced. We've heard this sh*t before...the Gators..the Browns...we'll just have to wait and see and quit listening to the rumors until there's something official.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 09:00 PM
I'll believe it when I hear it from Dean Blevins.

bcgvh
1/2/2006, 09:06 PM

Are you being sarcastic? ;)

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 09:07 PM
Guys guys guys I doubt stoops is leaving. He's havin too much fun at OU. He's a legend here.

TXBOOMER
1/2/2006, 09:15 PM
Okay, all hate for the horns aside. How about Chizik ? Or maybe Mike might come back, how could he say no to the money ?

Bob isn't going anywhere. I must say the Mike Stoops lick fest is getting old. One Mike does not equal one Bob. If and when Bob leaves we need to go find another young, personable, successful Coordinator from a big time program.

I think Bob is going to be here for the long term.

bcgvh
1/2/2006, 09:16 PM
Well, hopefully he won't leave, but if he does......how sweet would it be to get Mike Leach back? I would imagine we'd get a great coach, I don't see another Blake coming in and screwing things up.

shavedmarmoset
1/2/2006, 09:16 PM
He said earlier this year that this was the most fun he has had coaching since he took the job at OU so we'll see.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 09:17 PM
one coach i don't want back is Leach

TXBOOMER
1/2/2006, 09:17 PM
He didn't want Cleveland or Jacksonville

He didn't want Ohio State, Notre Dame or Florida.

He damn sure doesn't want the Chiefs.

OUGreg723
1/2/2006, 09:18 PM
Its not gonna happen guys. Don't buy into all this bologna!!

bigdsooner
1/2/2006, 09:24 PM

dude is money in the bank, if Dean says it, it'll happen ;)

bigdsooner
1/2/2006, 09:27 PM
i like coach kragthorpe personally, done a hell of a jorb at TU

OU-HSV
1/2/2006, 09:27 PM
Norm Chow??;)

handcrafted
1/2/2006, 09:33 PM
Tx Boomer beat me to it. Coach had his chance to hit the NFL, and he turned it down. I honestly don't think he wants to do it. Money isn't the issue, at least as I read him. If the family is supportive and he thinks he'd like the NFL, he'll go. Otherwise, he won't. But you'd think he'd have taken the Cleveland job if anything, seeing as how he's from there (Ohio I mean).

However, if we do need another coach (argh!), I'd take Kragthorpe. Guy did an un-freakin-believable job this season. Tulsa was supposed to be nothing and they won their conference first year in plus a bowl game. Crazy, man.

4everasooner
1/2/2006, 09:36 PM
If he leaves lets go get Price from UTEP. The man wins no matter where he goes, and he wins fast, not after a couple of years. Hopefully Stoops will stay,but if not so be it.

ruf/nekdad
1/2/2006, 09:36 PM
ain't gonna happen. nope. I will not allow it.

Newbomb Turk
1/2/2006, 09:41 PM
If he leaves lets go get Price from UTEP. The man wins no matter where he goes, and he wins fast, not after a couple of years.

Roll Tide...It's rollin...!

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 09:47 PM
BOB STOOPS WILLL NOT LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hear this now! The NFL is just not his style! College coaches these days seem to be more into what they do here. They are heros in the college world. Plus! The salary he is getting is GREAT!!!!!

goingoneight
1/2/2006, 09:53 PM
We're not ready to lose a guy like Bob, damnit! Personally, I see anyone as crazy to leave a power-house college team to coach the NFL... Good money yes, but free-agency and the draft setting you up to fail will put any good coach today in the ground. Look at Pete Carroll, people love him where he's at, but the NFL made him look like a complete joke!
We love you here, Bob! Please think about traditional football before biting on the NFL's bait. Many great years are ahead of you at OU, whereas the NFL could see you laughed out of your stadium.
I hate the NFL, today. No one on the teams they play for give a rip about the city they are representing. No one is from, nor cares about the city/state they are playing for... its all about money and excessive celebration. The media would fry a good guy like Bob if he had a tough season in the NFL... He's had a tough year here, and people still see his greatness and respect him.

RacerX
1/2/2006, 09:57 PM
If he goes, he goes.

Not a thing we can do about it.

goingoneight
1/2/2006, 09:58 PM
He loves to teach too. Teaching really isn't an option in the NFL... they're pro's. He really gets into mentoring and developing young talent, as I have seen. Watch the National Championship victory post-game show of 2000, or any of his other bowl game/conference titles/rival game victories... He really does like it... it's only a question of what he likes more... Tradition, teaching and respect... or gambling with your job on the line for a team who doesn't really represent anything other than an NFL franchise.

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 10:00 PM
exactly in the NFL. It is ALL about money. Lot of players don't even care how well the team is doing as long as they get their paycheck.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2006, 10:00 PM
If he leaves lets go get Price from UTEP. The man wins no matter where he goes, and he wins fast, not after a couple of years. Hopefully Stoops will stay,but if not so be it.Price might have forever poisoned himself for another Big-time program, such as OU. The fiasco he landed for himself in Alabama is permanent baggage, I think.

JLB
1/2/2006, 10:02 PM
We're not ready to lose a guy like Bob, damnit! Personally, I see anyone as crazy to leave a power-house college team to coach the NFL... Good money yes, but free-agency and the draft setting you up to fail will put any good coach today in the ground. Look at Pete Carroll, people love him where he's at, but the NFL made him look like a complete joke!
We love you here, Bob! Please think about traditional football before biting on the NFL's bait. Many great years are ahead of you at OU, whereas the NFL could see you laughed out of your stadium.
I hate the NFL, today. No one on the teams they play for give a rip about the city they are representing. No one is from, nor cares about the city/state they are playing for... its all about money and excessive celebration. The media would fry a good guy like Bob if he had a tough season in the NFL... He's had a tough year here, and people still see his greatness and respect him.

If I could give out speks,you would get one.That's exactly right.The NFL stands for Not For Long.There is no honesty in that league whatsoever.One bad season and they would call it "The curse of Spurrier" or some shi$ like that.
Bob is a good man,and I could not stand to see him become the laughingstock of the NFL like Steve Spurrier did.It ruined his career.

goingoneight
1/2/2006, 10:02 PM
TRAIN YOUR OWN DAMN COACHES, KANSAS... WE ALREADY GAVE YOU MANGINO!

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 10:03 PM
If I could give out speks,you would get one.That's exactly right.The NFL stands for Not For Long.There is no honesty in that league whatsoever.One bad season and they would call it "The curse of Spurrier" or some shi$ like that.
Bob is a good man,and I could not stand to see him become the laughingstock of the NFL like Steve Spurrier did.It ruined his career.
Don't worry man. Stoops is a traditional man and loves to teach. That stuff just does not happen in the NFL. He's already turned down Jacksonville and Cleveland, so why would he not turn down KC?

goingoneight
1/2/2006, 10:04 PM
The only pro-team I ever had any interest in was the Dallas team a few years back with Aikman, Irvin, Smith (and Switzer :))

OUinFLA
1/2/2006, 10:04 PM
at least it isnt florida talking about how they have a lock on BS.
Well, they do have a lock on bs, just not Bob Stoops.

Newbomb Turk
1/2/2006, 10:05 PM

I think the Chiefs play in Kansas City, Missouri....but it's close to Kansas.

goingoneight
1/2/2006, 10:06 PM
Personally I would love to see Bob land a number of National Titles and retire one day old, and gray from OU. Sort of like his mentor, Snyder. But with whatever future we (OU) earn as a team...

goingoneight
1/2/2006, 10:07 PM
I think the Chiefs play in Kansas City, Missouri....but it's close to Kansas.

I was kidding of course! :)

Mangino=college football
KC= NFL

:)!

JLB
1/2/2006, 10:09 PM
The NFL is like the color BURNT ORANGE.IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE.

JLB
1/2/2006, 10:10 PM
Hell give him a raise.I'll go enrole at OU and they can give him the money.

oumartin
1/2/2006, 10:11 PM
yes, i hate all things NFL

goingoneight
If one day, the NFL would stop the whole "what's fair is fair" and the recruiting/drafting situation ended up something like high school-to-college recruiting... I probably wouldn't hate it so much...
But then again, the only dominant forces would be in Texas and California... Much like a few years back with Dallas and San Fransisco.

Surely someone will get OL' WEISS a call for KC... PLEASE! If you act now, we'll throw in a fresh Vince young with him! :)

BASSooner
NFL=no competition

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 10:13 PM
Papers are saying that Stoops is just a candidate not the number 1 target. Their are like 4 other targets. Lots are saying that herm edwards is going to take the job.

achiro
1/2/2006, 10:13 PM
Didn't he flat out say in an interview like a week ago that he had no interest in a different job at this time?

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 10:15 PM
Didn't he flat out say in an interview like a week ago that he had no interest in a different job at this time?
details?

LifelongSooner
1/2/2006, 10:17 PM

I heard Mangino has thrown his hat into the ring too. He thought they said Chefs. :D

Now that I've had time to have some liquid nourishment, and think, I don't think this is going to happen. It's not about money. Bob is a millionaire and his wife is too. They built a house. They have young kids. Bob and his old friend, who just happened to be owner of the Chiefs, got together and chatted about old times. It just happened to be in KC where it happened.

I feel better now. I know that I can just write off tomorrow as being totally unproductive at work, while I scan the internet for the "latest."

Norm In Norman
1/2/2006, 10:18 PM
I am telling you guys for 100% sure right now that Stoops is not going to be the KC head coach this year and when they name the new coach I am going to ttt this thread by quoting myself just to prove how right I was and how wrong all of you losers are. You guys are going to feel SOOOOOOO inferior to me.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/2/2006, 10:19 PM
do we REALLY have to get suckered into this again this year.
I can just hear ESPN radio tomorrow....."The University of Oklahoma has given Bob Stoops an additional 2MM per year to remain the head Coach".

I would bet my last dime that he comes home to dinner after the last game of the season discussing with his wife how much head coaching vacancies will earn for him in the off season despite his consistent stance that he really does like coaching the Sooners

Al Gore
1/2/2006, 10:20 PM
Norm......Did your wife tell you to say that???

jbstrick
1/2/2006, 10:20 PM
... You guys are going to feel SOOOOOOO inferior to me.

Many of us feel inferior already, Lord Administrator.

:)

OUinFLA
1/2/2006, 10:22 PM
I am telling you guys for 100% sure right now that Stoops is not going to be the KC head coach this year and when they name the new coach I am going to ttt this thread by quoting myself just to prove how right I was and how wrong all of you losers are. You guys are going to feel SOOOOOOO inferior to me.

I already feel inferior to you.
I mean, like, you're an admin and all, you know?

Norm In Norman
1/2/2006, 10:26 PM
Well ... then MORE SO.

JLB
1/2/2006, 10:29 PM

Hey is that the dog off of Pee Wees Big Adventure on your avatar.

NickZeppelin
1/2/2006, 10:30 PM
If he is offered the job I think it's 50/50 if he goes. I wasn't being serious in my other post. But I don't think he gets offered the job.

olevetonahill
1/2/2006, 10:31 PM
Well ... then MORE SO.
Salom your hinneyness

achiro
1/2/2006, 10:32 PM
details?
Dang, I don't know. It was one of those San Diego interviews that kept getting posted last week. Do a search.

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 10:32 PM
If he is offered the job I think it's 50/50 if he goes. I wasn't being serious in my other post. But I don't think he gets offered the job.
even if he is offered the job he wont take it.

StoopTroup
1/2/2006, 10:37 PM
Are you all done yet?

Dean Blevins?

A source?

He had to leak that just because Bob would make him last to know and he just about ****ed his pants when he got an inside scoop.

I bet the insider is LHAO.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/2/2006, 10:39 PM

If you are wrong, I'm going to ttt this thread and any wal-mart thread I can find.

Norm In Norman
1/2/2006, 10:40 PM
Hey is that the dog off of Pee Wees Big Adventure on your avatar.
Yes. it's a tribute to reputation.

westcoast_sooner
1/2/2006, 10:40 PM
I'm thinking he had a lot of fun this year because he was more hands-on than he had been over the last several years. Next year is gonna be much of the same - young team and some young coaches (Heupel). If that's what he enjoys, the money won't be able to take him out of OU.

yermom
1/2/2006, 10:41 PM
Yes. it's a tribute to reputation.

heh, i never thought of that

Al Gore
1/2/2006, 10:42 PM
If you are wrong, I'm going to ttt this thread and any wal-mart thread I can find.Admin fight......

Norm In Norman
1/2/2006, 10:42 PM
If you are wrong, I'm going to ttt this thread and any wal-mart thread I can find.
OH YEAH! Well, by the time you ttt this thread, I will have changed my post to the opposite. Then I will change YOUR post to say how awesome I am. Then if you change something back I will claim that you have been changing posts to make me look foolish.

Or MAYBE I'll just cut out the middle man and do that last thing.

Rocker
1/2/2006, 10:45 PM
OH YEAH! Well, by the time you ttt this thread, I will have changed my post to the opposite. Then I will change YOUR post to say how awesome I am. Then if you change something back I will claim that you have been changing posts to make me look foolish.

Or MAYBE I'll just cut out the middle man and do that last thing.

hahahha!! nice.... So theres no way anyone can win except YOU!! haahhaha

JohnnyMack
1/2/2006, 10:45 PM

I like waffles.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/2/2006, 10:48 PM
Leggo my Eggo

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 10:50 PM
My folks think that they just can't see him leaving to become a head coach. My buddies say that he isn't up for the job at KC:) So there everything is settled.

UTisLousy
1/2/2006, 10:57 PM
If it happens I think Randy Shannon should be the guy. I think personally he would be the perfect guy.

StoopTroup
1/2/2006, 10:57 PM
You guys aren't funny.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/big12/sports/genrel/auto_headshot/48677.jpeg

Egeo
1/2/2006, 11:20 PM
heupel - say you were kidding
price - too old (and he said he was going to stay at utep)
shannon - is a good choice
as well as chiznik or borges

i dont think leach would leave tech, although i cant really give you a valid reason other than he's working on building stuff at tech - and he probably wants to build tech up instead of taking over something great (since hes on the edge of something great all by himself)
and after seeing tech give their best offensive player the ball all of 9 times today, im not too keen on it

kragthorpe is a good choice, but would he leave tulsa for another instate program?

long cant come back, or it would be pretty crappy of him to do so

maybe we could turn the program over to venerables... but im not too hot on that idea although it might be the best option

having said all that, i dont think/hope stoops will leave

i like gregg williams of the redskins
and i dont think the jets should fire herm edwards, if they do, ill take him (not over bob)

*you also need to look at alabama's defensive coordinator kines
and maybe ohio state's too
norm chow...
realistically, we'd have to promote venerables over any other college coordinators

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 11:24 PM
heupel - say you were kidding
price - too old (and he said he was going to stay at utep)
shannon - is a good choice
as well as chiznik or borges

i dont think leach would leave tech, although i cant really give you a valid reason other than he's working on building stuff at tech - and he probably wants to build tech up instead of taking over something great (since hes on the edge of something great all by himself)
and after seeing tech give their best offensive player the ball all of 9 times today, im not too keen on it

kragthorpe is a good choice, but would he leave tulsa for another instate program?

long cant come back, or it would be pretty crappy of him to do so

maybe we could turn the program over to venerables... but im not too hot on that idea although it might be the best option

having said all that, i dont think/hope stoops will leave

i like gregg williams of the redskins
and i dont think the jets should fire herm edwards, if they do, ill take him (not over bob)

*you also need to look at alabama's defensive coordinator kines
and maybe ohio state's too
norm chow...
realistically, we'd have to promote venerables over any other college coordinators
Stoops aint leavin buddy, dont worry.

OUinFLA
1/2/2006, 11:28 PM
http://www.rodneyanonymous.com/archives/worry.jpg

GDC
1/2/2006, 11:33 PM

Don't coaches always say that right up to when they accept a new job?

Octavian
1/2/2006, 11:39 PM

True. I just don't believe it in Bob's nature to be a bull****ter. Hope I'm not wrong.

noose7699
chill people.. it's the Florida gators thing from 2002 all over again... it's just the media settin us up for ratings, and to see how we react.. Stoops aint goin nowhere, and our beloved Sooners take home the crown a yr from now..... I'm willin to bet somethin huge on that one...

Readyfor8
There is no way Heupel comes in only to have his HC leave, there is simply no way Bob brings Josh in to this job only to leave him in a lurch after one game in the booth. There is no way Chuck Long leaves for SDSU only to have a snubbing for the HC job. I know fans don't like him, but he wouldn't bail the ship when he has friends and a vacancy opening up.

Vermeil isn't a spur of the moment fire, he is a retiring coach that made this decision a long long time ago. If they could have sealed the deal with Stoops during the season they would have and we wouldn't be discussing what if's now.

If Stoops does this, I will be sad but, he will always be a legend here, and there is no changing that. But his actions after losing his OC, and the fact that he won't take his staff with him to the NFL adds up to alot of talk and no chance at success. This isn't going through.

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 11:44 PM
no

StoopTroup
1/2/2006, 11:49 PM
If Mack goes to Houston, I'll take the whorn job.

I promise you Sooners a really good game next year. ;)

Widescreen
1/2/2006, 11:56 PM
There are tons of good reasons why Leach would come back to OU. Facilities, money, recruiting power, fanbase, tradition. I think he'd take it in a heartbeat.

:confused: Of course he would. Tulsa to OU is a huge upgrade. If Bill Self would leave ORU to go to Tulsa, I'm pretty sure Kragthorpe would be OK with moving to OU.

Who's 'venerables'?

LifelongSooner
1/3/2006, 12:00 AM
So I'm heading off to bed now, only to spend the night tossing and turning. Then I have to hit the computer when I get up, to see if there is any news. I can already tell that my New Year's Resolution not to spend as much time on the internet at work will fall by the wayside.

Hopefully it's much ado about nothing.

1991SOONER
1/3/2006, 12:03 AM
So I'm heading off to bed now, only to spend the night tossing and turning. Then I have to hit the computer when I get up, to see if there is any news. I can already tell that my New Year's Resolution not to spend as much time on the internet at work will fall by the wayside.

Hopefully it's much ado about nothing.

I made the same resolution. And I already broke it after 1 day. Can't get on soonerfans.com though, our firewall won't let me through.

Texas Golfer
1/3/2006, 12:14 AM
Bob probably just called his buddy Peterson up and said, "I want to squeeze another million out of OU so invite me up there for the weekend."

Whether Bob goes or not, this talking about him leaving EVERY year has to be hurting our recruiting efforts.

BASSooner
1/3/2006, 12:16 AM
Bob probably just called his buddy Peterson up and said, "I want to squeeze another million out of OU so invite me up there for the weekend."

Whether Bob goes or not, this talking about him leaving EVERY year has to be hurting our recruiting efforts.
yeah it has been said that they are good friends so I hope it is at that.

Egeo
1/3/2006, 01:15 AM
There are tons of good reasons why Leach would come back to OU. Facilities, money, recruiting power, fanbase, tradition. I think he'd take it in a heartbeat.
well i wouldnt if i was him - tons of good reasons does not equal enough good reasons
at tech he could be "the bear"
here, he will never be better than 3rd best at best
point is, he's already invested 5 years at tech and is making large strides in all the things you mentioned - why would he want to start over when the potential there is getting bigger constantly

:confused: Of course he would. Tulsa to OU is a huge upgrade. If Bill Self would leave ORU to go to Tulsa, I'm pretty sure Kragthorpe would be OK with moving to OU.
did he tell you this? kragthorpe is not bill self
tulsa to OU is a huge upgrade but it just seems that such a move would alienate a portion of the state that he would be coaching in
it just doesnt seem that smart for a coach who will be able to go most anywhere he wants within a few seasons (really, almost now)

Who's 'venerables'?
venables, you knew who i was talking about
sorry i didnt spell his name right while i was posting and watching uga vs wvu

jdsooner
1/3/2006, 02:21 AM
Believe or not, I heard Robert Allen speculate on this just the other day. He says that Peterson and Stoops are good friends. Allen thought that Kragthorpe would be the number 1 candidate at OU.

SOONER44EVER
1/3/2006, 02:40 AM
OK, I feel a little better now. Bob Barry Jr. reported that several KC area reporters said that Stoops was at best #6 on the list behind Herm Edwards, Butch Davis and others. He also reported that James Hale said reports of Stoops being Peterson's special guest at the game Sunday and Stoops being in KC on Monday for an interview were entirely false. Also Stoops is going on a recruiting trip Tuesday morning. :)

starclassic tama
1/3/2006, 03:12 AM

haha yeah you have a point, why in the world would kragthorpe leave the great football traditional powerhouse at tulsa for a demotion like head football coach at ou? that would be a very stupid thing for him to do. i can't think of one reason why he would ever want to do that. not a single one.

Crimson Kid
1/3/2006, 03:42 AM
OK, I feel a little better now. Bob Barry Jr. reported that several KC area reporters said that Stoops was at best #6 on the list behind Herm Edwards, Butch Davis and others. He also reported that James Hale said reports of Stoops being Peterson's special guest at the game Sunday and Stoops being in KC on Monday for an interview were entirely false. Also Stoops is going on a recruiting trip Tuesday morning. :)

I would believe bob barry before dean.

Egeo
1/3/2006, 03:57 AM
haha yeah you have a point, why in the world would kragthorpe leave the great football traditional powerhouse at tulsa for a demotion like head football coach at ou? that would be a very stupid thing for him to do. i can't think of one reason why he would ever want to do that. not a single one.
as i said an amazing 3 posts up -
why would he go instate when he can pretty much go anywhere else in the country very soon?
that would be like price leaving utep for tehas...

i wouldnt be arguing with you guys if he had any ties whatsoever to oklahoma university
but he has more ties to tulsa than OU through his father
and i think he was raised in utah and has coached many places already including texas a&m

*but i forgot he said OU was his dreamjob [/sarcasm]

starclassic tama
1/3/2006, 04:08 AM
bob stoops doesn't have very many ties to oklahoma, but he still loves it here. i think of it more like why wouldn't kragthorpe pick ou over other top programs? it's already in the state that he has a lot of recruiting ties to, and knows like the back of his hand, and it's one of the top jobs in america. why not?

Egeo
1/3/2006, 04:10 AM
stoops wasnt a head coach when he came here
im not saying kragthorpe wouldnt, i just dont think its that clear cut for him

mrowl
1/3/2006, 06:58 AM

Hello? I said this is on the first page....

KC is Herm Edwards job.

achiro
1/3/2006, 08:03 AM
I would believe bob barry before dean.
Did Dean say it? I saw the BB jr. report where he said a lot of the info was flat out wrong but I didn't watch Dean. If Dean did leak that info its very ironic since just the night before on the sport show they where doing new years resolutions and he said he wouldn't speculate about coaches leaving without proof.:O

jthomasou78
1/3/2006, 08:07 AM

We could never pay Bob Stoops enough money to make up for the amount of money he has brought into the Athletic Department, the University, the City of Norman, and the State of Oklahoma. I have a good friend at the Budget department at OU. She said in 2000, there was a 100 million dollar swell in the local economy tied to Oklahoma gamedays (I think this also included bowl and BCS game payouts).

Do you think we would have as many stadium expansions ongoing if Blake were the coach?

I think Bob Stoops makes more then enough money, but he is worth 20 times what we pay him.

Boffingham
1/3/2006, 08:07 AM
This sort of thing boosts ratings for the news, so don't believe everything you hear from the BB Jr or Deano

Boffingham
1/3/2006, 08:11 AM
Do we even want to keep this has-been. He won a championship, like, 6 years ago. What has he done since. I want rings. I want them now. Fire Bobby.

Just Kidding, I love you Bobby, mean it.

OU-HSV
1/3/2006, 08:25 AM
Good thing about the Blake years - we didn't have to worry about this stuff.
Bad thing about the Blake years....we sucked.

GDC
1/3/2006, 08:48 AM
Same old refrain: Is Stoops NFL bound?
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
1/3/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

The tears hadn't even dried on Dick Vermeil's face after yet another crying jag by the emotional Kansas City Chiefs' coach before speculation started over who would replace him.

To the surprise of no one, Bob Stoops' name immediately made the short list of many media members who were forecasting a successor to Vermeil, who coached his last game Sunday.

Kansas City officials apparently will have to get in line. Stoops' name has already surfaced as a possible candidate for a number of NFL jobs that are already open or expected to open this week.

Houston, Minnesota, New Orleans, St. Louis, Oakland, Detroit, Green Bay, Buffalo, the New York Jets and possibly Dallas could all join Kansas City in the coaching search.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione sighed Monday when contacted by telephone for comments about the latest Stoops-to-the-NFL rumors.

"Can't you just use the ones I've said every year?" Castiglione asked, laughing. "What's your headline going to be: 'Second Verse, Same As The First?' "

Well, that's an idea. Or, "Same Song, Sixth Verse" would also work.

Stoops has been a hot commodity on both the collegiate and professional

levels ever since he won a national championship in just his second season at OU. Everyone from the Cleveland Browns to the Florida Gators have checked out Stoops' interest level.

By being honest, Stoops has added to this persistent speculation. When asked about the NFL, he's candidly said he'd probably like to eventually see how he'd fare at the game's highest level.

Some observers believe Stoops changed his mind after watching his idol and close friend, Steve Spurrier, struggle with the Washington Redskins.

Wrong. Stoops isn't going to base his future on a friend's experience. He knows he's a different type coach than Spurrier (and a better one), and is confident enough in his own abilities to believe he could succeed in the NFL.

Just last week in San Diego, while standing alone with Stoops on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz during a Holiday Bowl function, I told him his name was already being mentioned if Vermeil or Dallas coach Bill Parcells decided to retire.

And Stoops gave his standard response about being happy at OU, but that the NFL could be in his future at some point. So it was no surprise when Stoops didn't return phone calls Monday, because he would have had the same answer.

"I don't know why it always comes up, but it seems to," Stoops said last week. "I guess it's better if people are mentioning your name than not talking about you."

Angry fans like to blame the media for keeping Stoops' name out there. But more often than not, it's a coach's agent who floats his guy's name when vacancies occur.

Stoops' Cleveland-based agent is no different. The agent is going to benefit monetarily if his client takes a new job, or the current employer gives him a hefty raise to stay.

That tactic has certainly worked at OU, where Stoops is college football's highest paid coach at $2.6 million per year. And if Stoops stays through the 2008 season, he'll receive a $3 million bonus.

"It's a package that's comparable with most of the NFL jobs," Castiglione said.

The best guess is that it will take a unique NFL offer to get him to leave. It would have to include a quality, hands-off owner who would give him considerable control, which is what Stoops has at OU.

In addition to his hefty contract, he has a boss in Castiglione who is one of the best ADs in the business. Castiglione is a coach's dream, because he works hard to give that coach all he needs to be successful, and then stays out of the way instead of meddling like many ADs and nearly every NFL owner and general manager.

But there are owners, like Houston's Bob McNair and Kansas City's Lamar Hunt, who are content to stay in the background. That was something Spurrier didn't have with the Redskins and the ultimate meddler, owner Daniel Snyder.

In his typically candid way, Stoops has also said he believes a coach can stay too long in one place. Even if he's been successful, Stoops said, a coach can wear out his welcome.

It wouldn't seem that Stoops has reached that point at OU. He could probably stay for life if he wants. But he's the only one who knows how he feels on that subject.

So, until he comes out with a definite statement, Stoops' status is again a hot topic.

And who knows? In a few days those tears could be on the faces of OU fans, while the rest of us are writing the first verse of a new Sooner coaching song.

Stay tuned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Sittler 581-8312
[email protected].

crimson&cream
1/3/2006, 09:35 AM
To tell you the truth Sittler isn't but a quarter of a step up from Dean.

oumartin
1/3/2006, 09:42 AM
I only mentioned Deans name cuz he is wrong. its like 70/40 wrong.
Mark Rodgers is just as bad.

Texas Golfer
1/3/2006, 10:52 AM
kragthorpe is not bill self
tulsa to OU is a huge upgrade but it just seems that such a move would alienate a portion of the state that he would be coaching in
it just doesnt seem that smart for a coach who will be able to go most anywhere he wants within a few seasons (really, almost now)

Kragthorpe would be a fool if he were offered the OU job and turned it down if going out of state was his only reason.

He'd also be a fool to turn down OU next year (should Stoops decide to leave) to wait for a job offer from another school out of state that may never come.

Also, your posts would be easier to read if you'd use the shift key and punctuation marks.

FirstandGoal
1/3/2006, 11:08 AM
I just had pancakes

OUstud
1/3/2006, 01:15 PM
Dean Blevins JUST reported that Stoops not only has taken the KC job for $456 billion/year, he has been given full GM and mayorial duties as well!

:rolleyes:

Seriously, does anyone here actually think he's going to leave after an 8-4 season and a sophomore-to-be with all-world potential at QB? Not to mention next year's Heisman front-runner at RB and 3 young receivers?

oumartin
1/3/2006, 01:16 PM
Can we hire Les Miles?

TUSooner
1/3/2006, 05:00 PM
Dean Blevins goes back and forth more times than a tennis ball at Wimbledon. I had to stop reading because my neck was getting sore.

Lydell_Carr
1/3/2006, 05:20 PM
Just got a little more interesting.

WASHINGTON — Washington Redskins assistant Gregg Williams, considered a top prospect for several of the vacant NFL head coaching positions, signed a three-year contract Tuesday to remain with the team. (USAToday)

oumartin
1/3/2006, 05:22 PM
be glad I'm color blind lydell!
and that you are a noob.

cuz if thats what I think it was.

1stTimeCaller
1/3/2006, 05:23 PM
I heard Chickasha High had an opening and that Bob was going to interview with their AD next week.

OklahomaTuba
1/3/2006, 05:26 PM
Same with Union.

The Urban Tulsa reported that Stoops was seen outside union stadium last sunday screaming at traffic.

Soonerman08
1/3/2006, 05:40 PM
Haha rumor has it that Bob Stoops was going to teach baseball now in the.....NBA????? WAIT......A MINUTE!!!

ultimatesooner1
1/6/2006, 03:13 PM

great call :mack:

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 03:13 PM
I was joking. I shold have put the smiley next to the post.

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 03:29 PM
you're a jack ***...

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 03:30 PM
Thank you.

Pricetag
1/6/2006, 03:41 PM
I heard Chickasha High had an opening and that Bob was going to interview with their AD next week.
Heh, I remember a few years back when Bob's name was circulating for NFL jobs and when he refuted the idea, he mentioned how the reporters kept bringing up how he was "intrigued" by the NFL. He said he was intrigued by high school, too, since his dad had coached there, but that it didn't necessarily mean anything. The Owasso job was open, and I almost started a "Stoops to Owasso?" post.

85sooners
1/6/2006, 04:02 PM
stoops is taking the texas HC job

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2006, 04:05 PM
Actually, one of the sports radio jocks out here has been saying for awhile that Bob is holding out for the Texas job. As soon as Mack goes to the NFL, Bob'll be in Austin the next day. :rolleyes:

Landthief 1972
1/6/2006, 04:28 PM
I can't believe a rumor by Dean Blevins - the guy who can't even beat Jenni Carlson at picking weekly college football winners - is getting any credibility at all.

I'll go 60/40 that Dean the Dream is 90/10 wrong 100/0 of the time.

OKC-SLC
1/6/2006, 04:33 PM
I can't believe a rumor by Dean Blevins - the guy who can't even beat Jenni Carlson at picking weekly college football winners - is getting any credibility at all.

I'll go 60/40 that Dean the Dream is 90/10 wrong 100/0 of the time.
heh.