PDA

View Full Version : Memphis / texas

Newbomb Turk
1/2/2006, 04:23 PM
Good game on ESPN right now. horns up 4, at Memphis, with 3:28 left.

Newbomb Turk
1/2/2006, 04:37 PM
Gonna be a nice win for texas. Beating #4 on the road.

King Crimson
1/2/2006, 08:00 PM
i tought maybe this was the year Memphis and Calipari weren't wildly overrated.

a lot of basketball left to be played though.

Herr Scholz
1/3/2006, 11:28 AM
i tought maybe this was the year Memphis and Calipari weren't wildly overrated.

a lot of basketball left to be played though.
Memphis is not overrated. That's their 2nd loss of the season. Their only other one was a 3-point loss at Duke. They're young but good.

King Crimson
1/3/2006, 11:37 AM
i qualified it, i could be wrong. they've got some quality wins but i'm just not a big believer in Calipari....all things being equal.

Herr Scholz
1/3/2006, 11:40 AM
i qualified it, i could be wrong. they've got some quality wins but i'm just not a big believer in Calipari....all things being equal.
You could be right. I like that team though (especially the PG). They just had a really cold shooting night yesterday. They get up and down the court pretty well though. Real athletic. I could see them making some noise in March.

King Crimson
1/3/2006, 12:14 PM
yeah, the thing is without looking at their actual schedule again: they've played Gonzaga, Bama, UCLA, Duke, you guys and couple other solid teams....but that's the hard part of their schedule until the tournament.

C-USA was a fun league to watch (I always thought) but having been poached pretty hard by the 16 team Big East....their conference slate is pretty weak. Cincy, Lousiville, S. Florida are all gone. one other team i think, Marquette/DePaul? were they in C-USA?

I expect they'll get a lot of hype...but they won't be playing anyone. they are athletic and get up and down as you say....I just feel like i've heard this story before. I also don't think Calipari does a lot of things "above board" if he doesn't have to. He and Billy Donovon's name seem to pop up a lot when coaches indirectly talk about who's cheating and who's not.

if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. won't be the first time.