PDA

View Full Version : 23of a total of 25 recruits

southern sooner
1/1/2006, 11:28 PM
Looks like we have 23 commits and can only have 25, so we have 2 more and from what I see we have 3 tha twe are really hoping for. Looks like the TE and the DL in Oklahoma and the RB in Vegas. Any insight on who we will get as the final 2?

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/1/2006, 11:57 PM
Im saying Murray and McCoy]

Or hoping rather

WBenge
1/2/2006, 12:37 AM
Don't forget we had 2 enroll already that count towards last year so we could get all three if they want to come.

OUGreg723
1/2/2006, 12:39 AM
Don't forget we had 2 enroll already that count towards last year so we could get all three if they want to come.

Correct. Let's bring em' all back home to Norman!

NickZeppelin
1/2/2006, 12:50 AM
I say we get McCoy and Murray. I've never been confident in Gresham. If we do get him we could see him greyshirt and count against next years class.

Ruuuuuufus
1/2/2006, 01:16 AM
I thought last year's class was full? We oversigned and had 3 spring entrants not counting Knall.

The coaches will find a way to make room for McCoy, Murray, Gresham and probably Walker if they want to commit. IMO there's a very small chance that the 23 current commits make it to OU.

It's kind of iffy on whether Gibbs still has an offer after he took a trip to Iowa State and has a couple more scheduled this month. From all indications there might be a couple of grade casualties as well. I don't know the last time OU greyshirted someone but I guess it's a possibility (definitely not with Gresham though.)

Also the Brandon Keith situation could give one additional spot for an early entry but I'm not sure how that can be handled. I trust the coaches will find a way to fit all of the above four guys in if they want.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/2/2006, 03:17 AM
we had one left over from last year's class and then apparently, we gave that slot to mike knall. that decision is up for debate, but even so, its been done.

that means that we have 25 this year and can only take 25 next year (actually less since we'll be banging against the 85 man limit).

brandon keith is still on scholly so, he'll probably be here in the spring. my thinking is that if all 3 commit, gibbs is the one to go as he seems to have a conditional scholarship based on mccoy.

the last guy to greyshirt was brandon braxton.

the biggest question mark to qualify is gresham.

snp
1/2/2006, 04:16 AM
Don't forget about big ol Ian Symonnette.

Harry Beanbag
1/2/2006, 10:51 AM
the biggest question mark to qualify is gresham.

Bigger than Patterson and Tennel?

mojohornfan
1/2/2006, 12:59 PM
Whose the biggest recruit this year for you guys?...I haven't payed attention to recruiting this year, yet!

(This is a serious question. Please don't answer with..." Why the f**k do you care? Go back to your hole...whorn.) lol

BillyBall
1/2/2006, 01:01 PM
Whose the biggest recruit this year for you guys?...I haven't payed attention to recruiting this year, yet!

(This is a serious question. Please don't answer with..." Why the f**k do you care? Go back to your hole...whorn.) lol

TBA, we will find out in 3-4 years.... Potential is just that

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/2/2006, 02:05 PM
curtis bailey looks like he's 6'7 340

westcoast_sooner
1/2/2006, 03:07 PM
I'd be interested in JKM's opinion of the verbals we have so far, how Murray might fit in with the scheme we'll have, and how we might look overall next year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/2/2006, 03:10 PM
i'll comment on it after signing day. the coaches tend to give better scouting videos than the recruiting services

dougsooner
1/9/2006, 12:20 PM
jkm: Do you have a spreadsheet that shows our depth chart? Linky dinky if so por favor.

OUstudent4life
1/9/2006, 01:03 PM
go to ouportal.com

or just click here. (http://ouportal.com/Football/EligibilityChart/tabid/172/Default.aspx)

CatfishSooner
1/9/2006, 01:17 PM
Very impressive...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 01:26 PM
the depth chart for the spring can't be built until after signing day.