PDA

View Full Version : Dick Vermeil retiring

King Crimson
1/1/2006, 01:27 PM
since when did this merit the "national day of mourning" treatment it's getting on the CBS NFL coverage?

who cares?

william_brasky
1/1/2006, 09:30 PM
KC, are you a Broncos fan?

King Crimson
1/1/2006, 09:40 PM
nope. I really don't like the NFL at all.

BASSooner
1/1/2006, 09:48 PM
NFL=not football, therefore competing for money=not football

william_brasky
1/1/2006, 09:59 PM
nope. I really don't like the NFL at all.

same here on the NFL non-liking.

I just know some jack-*** Chiefs fans who talk about the Broncos the way some around here do the Horns and Pokes.

GDC
1/1/2006, 10:20 PM
Isn't Bob Stoops supposed to replace him?:rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2006, 11:53 AM
Isn't Bob Stoops supposed to replace him?:rolleyes:

you have to think with as many vacancies as there will be, somebody's going to go after him

whether or not they're successful is yet to be determined........

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 03:23 PM
Im not worried about Stoops going anywhere. He turned down florida twice and they offered to pay him more money then we did.

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2006, 03:27 PM
its not always about money....its about making it at the next level. Stoops has said that at some point he'd like to entertain the thought of going to the Pro's..

no idea if he's changed his mind on that, i would hope so, and i hope he stays till he's old and gray....but we'd be foolish to think there's no chance he'd ever leave

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 03:31 PM
its not always about money....its about making it at the next level. Stoops has said that at some point he'd like to entertain the thought of going to the Pro's..

no idea if he's changed his mind on that, i would hope so, and i hope he stays till he's old and gray....but we'd be foolish to think there's no chance he'd ever leave
Very true, however, that would be taking a HUGE risk. Look what happend to Spurrier. Now I'm not saying it will happen but I say that there is a risk that it can happen to him as well and the question is, would he take it?

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2006, 03:37 PM
i think Stoops probably knew the risks involved when he answered the question saying that he would at some point be interested......i think all the coaches know the risk involved in their profession

the mass firing today would be evidence of that

he took a risk when he accepted the job at Oklahoma....wouldnt you say?

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 03:38 PM
yeah I agree. I just hope he doesnt leave to go the nfl. Do you think he'll leave this year?

jk the sooner fan
1/2/2006, 03:41 PM
dunno, doubtful.......i sure as hell hope not

BASSooner
1/2/2006, 03:44 PM
hes only coached a football team for 7-8 years. he needs more experience :D

Scott D
1/4/2006, 07:51 PM
Chiefs are officially talking to the Jets about what kind of compensation they'd have to give in regards to Herman Edwards.

Mjcpr
1/5/2006, 02:14 PM
Chiefs are officially talking to the Jets about what kind of compensation they'd have to give in regards to Herman Edwards.

Is Herman Edwards such a great coach that he's worth giving up valuable draft picks for? That's the lifeblood of an NFL team and Edwards hasn't proven anything that I can tell. The Bucs gave up a lot for Gruden and it's working out for them but I'd be hard pressed to pull the trigger on a deal like that for almost any coach.

OklahomaTrombone
1/5/2006, 04:03 PM
they are talking a 4 and a 5 which isnt that bad.

but now talks have stalled because carl thinks herm might get let go and he wants to wait and see

Mjcpr
1/5/2006, 05:01 PM

Eh, that's not bad.

Scott D
1/5/2006, 06:03 PM

but now talks have stalled because carl thinks herm might get let go and he wants to wait and see

that....would be very stupid on the part of the Jets.