PDA

View Full Version : Will you guys be appreciably better in '06

TJKDone
12/28/2005, 10:09 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I don't pay enough attention to OU to know so that is why I'm asking.

I've read a number of posts since our game against you that have said you didn't think that OU return to dominant form until '07. Is that true?

The Big 12 is taking major heat nationally because several of its premier programs (primarily you) are not having season's commenserate with their potential.

Will you be back to being OU in '06?

Hook'em

:mack:

OU_Sooners75
12/28/2005, 10:12 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I don't pay enough attention to OU to know so that is why I'm asking.

I've read a number of posts since our game against you that have said you didn't think that OU return to dominant form until '07. Is that true?

The Big 12 is taking major heat nationally because several of its premier programs (primarily you) are not having season's commenserate with their potential.

Hook'em

:rolleyes:

Okieflyer
12/28/2005, 10:13 PM
Yes!

And we will be back.
When Texas or OU aren't good, the Big Twelve sucks!

Blues1
12/28/2005, 10:14 PM

Hook'em

My guitar is still in tune......:)

Readyfor8
12/28/2005, 10:20 PM

Hook'em

Who says we are not "having season's commenserate with their potential?" We are on a rebuilding year, and everyone knew it going in that we were overrated. Many of us hoped we were wrong but that doesn't make it any less true.

If anyone has not lived up to thier potential over the last 6 years, it's Texas. You have choked every year, and can't seem to get it done even with your 5 repeat recruiting national championships. Go out and prove me wrong, but I think you losers are going to fall on your face the same way you have for the last 30+ years.

OU never went anywhere, we are just reloading. Poke your head out so we can unload on you embarassments again.

TJKDone
12/28/2005, 10:41 PM
ReadyFor8...hope we do prove you wrong.

IMO, while you may have played to your current players potential, OU shouldn't struggle talent wise in the way that they have this year even with some key injuries. This season's results aren't up to OU's considerable bar. I read that there were MAJOR attrition issues in one of your recruiting classes (like 10-12 guys have left) and that has really hurt your depth and ability to weather injuries more gracefully. If that is true that is the same type of impact a program feels when put on a stiff probation with scholarship limitations.

I would much rather have you not beating us but winning 10 or 11 games and being in a BCS bowl. That is just the way I roll.

Hook'em

olevetonahill
12/28/2005, 11:01 PM
Does being in the MNC hunt ring a bell ?
Oh i forgot ur a :texan: an wouldnt Know about that .

BASSooner
12/28/2005, 11:02 PM
When our defense starts knockin the crap out of people like the old days, and we block, we'll be back

goingoneight
12/28/2005, 11:06 PM
Brent needs defensive help... offense coming along, but yes, I think we'll be back soon...

Readyfor8
12/28/2005, 11:30 PM

IMO, while you may have played to your current players potential, OU shouldn't struggle talent wise in the way that they have this year even with some key injuries. This season's results aren't up to OU's considerable bar. I read that there were MAJOR attrition issues in one of your recruiting classes (like 10-12 guys have left) and that has really hurt your depth and ability to weather injuries more gracefully. If that is true that is the same type of impact a program feels when put on a stiff probation with scholarship limitations.

I would much rather have you not beating us but winning 10 or 11 games and being in a BCS bowl. That is just the way I roll.

Hook'em

I would much rather you get off our message board, but we don't always get the things we want. This is the way things are when you have had 6 year seniors at key positions.

This is the first year you have even come close to living up to the expectations of the rest of the BigXII. Don't preach at us because we lost 3 games, and had one stolen.

We are young, you will be back in the woodshed soon enough. I promise.

Sooner_Bob
12/29/2005, 12:01 AM
Funny how the Big XII is considered to be "down" when OU isn't up to par with recent success.

I guess that should tell you something.

william_brasky
12/29/2005, 12:01 AM
Appreciably better?

If kicking your team's *** all over the Cotton Bowl next October qualifies as appreciably better, then yes, we'll be appreciably better.

Soonerman08
12/29/2005, 02:09 AM
Not to sure Brent needs help....defense seemed to be coming along just fine toward the end of the year, but I mean I will make further judgement on this after how they play after the Bowl.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/29/2005, 02:39 AM
i'm going to go with no until someone proves to me we have an offensive line.

Bagorama
12/29/2005, 05:26 AM
Does being in the MNC hunt ring a bell ?
Oh i forgot ur a :texan: an wouldnt Know about that .

Hate to break it to you but aren't the :texan: in the MNC hunt right now?

TripleOption14
12/29/2005, 06:30 AM
The game tonight should be a pretty good indication of what next year holds. (somewhat) I really think that 07 will be better but 08 is the year to be the old OU again. the secondary is gonna be a HUGE concern.

jrsooner
12/29/2005, 07:26 AM
Will you be back to being OU in '06?Don't worry, we'll take care of business again next October, then you'll feel all is right with the world once more.

Even the talking heads knew this was a rebuilding year for OU, and stated this was Mack's best chance this decade to beat us. Next year, it will all be stabilized again, so don't worry too much. :)

TJKDone
12/29/2005, 09:12 AM
Triple...the secondary can be hidden somewhat (see OU '04). What about the D & O lines?

Hook'em

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/29/2005, 09:26 AM
Triple...the secondary can be hidden somewhat (see OU '04). What about the D & O lines?

Hook'em

D line will be good next season. O line....Who knows, I guess we will have to see

instigator
12/29/2005, 09:27 AM
:rolleyes:
Heh

TripleOption14
12/29/2005, 10:06 AM

Hook'em

After last years N.C. game the weakness of OU's secondary cannot be hidden any longer. Also see the 05 Tulsa game aka the J.Mills show, 05 UCLA game, Nebraska game in second half etc etc. Its no longer a secret its a fact and everyone knows it now.

The_Red_Patriot
12/29/2005, 10:17 AM
Brent has done good with that young defense. We need better O line, that will all come next year. We have a very young team and we need leaders to step up on their sides of the ball. It will come.

**** Texas, we will be back

BOMAR SOONER

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2005, 10:59 AM
i'm going to go with no until someone proves to me we have an offensive line.

jkm, you make me look positively positive... heh!

Now spill the beans on who you think won't be here next year and why, dadgummit!

OUthunder
12/29/2005, 11:02 AM
Next year will be better but only by a couple of wins IMO.

TexasLidig8r
12/29/2005, 11:42 AM
Wow. Readyfor8.. did you drink of gallon of hateraide this morning?

I believe OU in 06 will have much of the same questions it had coming into 05 with one big exception.... that is quarterback. Stoops has decided on the present and future of the program for the next few years so with that issue resolved, that is a huge question mark coming into 05 which has been decided.

OU's offensive line coming into 06 is a huge question mark. Perhaps moreso than any other position unit, the offensive line must have cohesiveness and continuity.. the ability to have all persons operate as a unit. Many starters are being lost from this year and although, youngsters saw extended playing time this year, the unit as a whole will in essence be starting over which brings quarterback protection issues and running lane issues. You saw that in earlier games this year... and will probably see it in early games next year.

To say your running game is fine is an understatement....

Defense.. perhaps weaker on the defensive tackles with good defensive ends and depth at defensive back could be an issue.

Another big question on offense.. how will it change under your new offensive coordinator?

9 - 10 wins is very probable with again, the Red River game being pivotal.. if Vince returns, Texas probably wins.. if he doesn't.... ???

Tear Down This Wall
12/29/2005, 11:54 AM
If Stoops doesn't get some cornerbacks, 2006 will be about the same as 2005 defensively. A 100% healthy Adrian Peterson, though, could cover a multitude of sins there. That is, the more our offense keeps the ball, the less time our makeshift secondary is on the field.

Other than that, we're in uncharted territory in QB development. Since Stoops arrived in 1999, Chuck Long was the guy who coached the QBs. We've now got Josh Heupel. My guess is Bomar will improve, but not in any kind of major way.

Having Peterson 100% will take mucho pressure off Bomar. Without Peterson, Heupel would have to turn Bomar into a world-killer soon and very soon. With Peterson, Bomar can develop at a better, more realistic pace.

Consider this: Bomar is the first QB of the Stoops era to start the majority of a season and not be a junior. We've been spoiled by a succession of QBs who were mentally ready to lead the team when they took the reigns. Bomar is the first Stoops' QB to learn "on the job."

As mediocre as college football has become, I wouldn't say it's out of the possibility for OU to be back in the title picture again next season.

FirstandGoal
12/29/2005, 01:16 PM
I predict we will be better in 06, but not in NC contention. But then again, who honestly thought at the beginning of the 2000 season we would come away with the NC?

GDC
12/29/2005, 03:31 PM

I believe OU in 06 will have much of the same questions it had coming into 05 with one big exception.... that is quarterback. Stoops has decided on the present and future of the program for the next few years so with that issue resolved, that is a huge question mark coming into 05 which has been decided.

OU's offensive line coming into 06 is a huge question mark. Perhaps moreso than any other position unit, the offensive line must have cohesiveness and continuity.. the ability to have all persons operate as a unit. Many starters are being lost from this year and although, youngsters saw extended playing time this year, the unit as a whole will in essence be starting over which brings quarterback protection issues and running lane issues. You saw that in earlier games this year... and will probably see it in early games next year.

Defense.. perhaps weaker on the defensive tackles with good defensive ends and depth at defensive back could be an issue.

Another big question on offense.. how will it change under your new offensive coordinator?

9 - 10 wins is very probable with again, the Red River game being pivotal.. if Vince returns, Texas probably wins.. if he doesn't.... ???

:rolleyes: :texan:

GDC
12/29/2005, 03:33 PM
I would much rather you get off our message board, but we don't always get the things we want.

Unfortunately the admin doesn't see it the way that 75% of the people that support this board with their traffic and sponsor dollars do.

olevetonahill
12/29/2005, 03:36 PM
Hate to break it to you but aren't the :texan: in the MNC hunt right now?

Excuse me there nOOb id had a few beers and didnt think I had to put the word "much " In there for Sooner fans to get my meaning
Again im sorry for :confused: you

OUthunder
12/29/2005, 04:09 PM
I would much rather you get off our message board, but we don't always get the things we want. This is the way things are when you have had 6 year seniors at key positions.

This is the first year you have even come close to living up to the expectations of the rest of the BigXII. Don't preach at us because we lost 3 games, and had one stolen.

We are young, you will be back in the woodshed soon enough. I promise.

Another Sooner cleansed.:D

Texas Golfer
12/29/2005, 04:44 PM
My concerns for '06 are the same for '05...offensive line blocking and defensive secondary covering.

Readyfor8
12/29/2005, 06:54 PM

We have a highly rated Offensive Line JUCO coming in, along with the 4 other players who have had time this season at several of the postitions along the line.

About the DLIne, Birdine will be back, along with Thibideux. The interior line will have a big hole to fill, but I am confident we will have that resolved by spring. Ingram leaves next year, but we will reload at Linebacker like we always do.

The problem this year wasn't just the QB, or just the OLine, it was a combination of the two. If Bomar had started as a true freshman or Thompson had started behind the OLine last year we would have been better off this year. Next year we will have alot more experience all the way around on offense, and if AD is healthy, you better worry about your DLine more than VYoung.

As for the Haterade, I guess you wouldn't know this because of the Nazi style the Horn boards are run as. But the influx of horn posters and huskers too boot are driving me to the brink of insanity.

If there is a man in a tower with a Semi Automatic Bushmaster over the next 6 days its probably me, you have my permission to shoot on site.

EDIT: Dont forget about CJ Ah You returning on DLine as well, we will be stacked in the front 7,

85sooners
12/22/2006, 10:15 PM
**** texas!!!!!!!!!

Easting
12/22/2006, 10:28 PM
The undead thread?

Wow, nice bump from the basement.

Boomer Sooner!

Mile High Sooner
12/22/2006, 11:01 PM

So you're just rollin' in it with OU as the B12 Champ and playing in a BCS bowl while your whorns get a bowl game an hour away from campus. Maybe that's why your satisfied with a MNC every 30 years or so and Mack gets your team rings for being co-B12 South Champions.:rolleyes:

stoopified
12/23/2006, 09:17 AM
Horns suck!