PDA

View Full Version : Hhhhmmmmmm......

boomersooner28
12/27/2005, 10:21 AM
USC only has 8 commits so far. Yes, you read that right, 8. Seems as if they are picking and choosing who they want. I could see something like this backfiring. That would be :D

RedstickSooner
12/27/2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah. Backfiring -- I'm sure USC is gonna somehow end up with a bunch of scrubs in this class.

Satan likes the big, dramatic flourishes. I'm sure they're dragging their feet so they can sign, like, 10 5 star dudes at the last minute.

As much as I hate them, I seem to somehow find a way to hate 'em even more every day.

BASSooner
12/27/2005, 11:00 PM
This is what USC does, they only seek the best of the best. This all started back when we lost to LSU. Since then they have had less than 20 kids in their recruiting class. They don't care about quantity like the rest of the colleges do. They only seek the best of the best which is a dumb thing to do, because of you lose the guy you want, your screwed. Notice that they have one of the shortest rosters in college football.

Mjcpr
12/28/2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah, this practice really seems to be hurting them. I'm thinking this what FSU did during their heyday.....have a few commits, then around signing day they'd haul in all of the big name/5 star guys that were out there. Not sure why, unless those guys just like to make a splash on NSD....I dunno.

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2005, 09:12 AM
FSU and now USC utilize the silent commit tactic more than just about anyone so all the highly ranked studs don't scare each other away.

jreed13
12/28/2005, 09:39 AM
They did the same thing last year and handpicked who they wanted and finished with a top class.....

TripleOption14
12/28/2005, 09:45 AM
They did the same thing last year and handpicked who they wanted and finished with a top class.....

Exactly! This has been USC's MO for a couple of years now. They can get away w/ this cause Cali has soooo many players. They probably would still be the top recruiting class every year if they just recruited strictly Cali. Its sad but true.

Scott D
12/28/2005, 01:02 PM
USC only has 8 commits so far. Yes, you read that right, 8. Seems as if they are picking and choosing who they want. I could see something like this backfiring. That would be :D

Early commitments are overrated. USC tends to get most guys to commit to them within the last 3 weeks of the recruiting period. The main theme there, the coaches can focus 100% on recruiting without having to worry about setting up gameplanning.

The past few years I'd say 75% of their commitments were after January 7th.

snp
12/29/2005, 12:55 AM
This is what USC does, they only seek the best of the best. This all started back when we lost to LSU. Since then they have had less than 20 kids in their recruiting class. They don't care about quantity like the rest of the colleges do. They only seek the best of the best which is a dumb thing to do, because of you lose the guy you want, your screwed. Notice that they have one of the shortest rosters in college football.

Yea, why don't you go ahead and advise PC how to recruit. He's obviously not getting it done :rolleyes:

USC has been losing out on recruits this year. They really missed out on Percy and Konrad Reuland, and are probably going to whiff on a couple of their RB prospects. All that talent that have stocked up is starting to haunt them, but not much. They still have a stellar class so far.

Scott D
12/29/2005, 12:20 PM
Yea, why don't you go ahead and advise PC how to recruit. He's obviously not getting it done :rolleyes:

USC has been losing out on recruits this year. They really missed out on Percy and Konrad Reuland, and are probably going to whiff on a couple of their RB prospects. All that talent that have stocked up is starting to haunt them, but not much. They still have a stellar class so far.

I think people put too much faith in verbal commitments.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2005, 12:57 PM
Boy, do those bastiges BADLY need to lose their next game.