PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreaker for the 1st pick...

SoonerGators
12/24/2005, 10:38 PM
Just wanted to know if any of you guys knew for sure what the tiebreaker is for getting the first pick in the draft. Someone told me that Houston has the first pick locked up because even if they beat SF next week and both end up with three wins, the pick will go to Houston because they had a weaker schedule strength. Is this true? Is the first tiebreaker not who wins head to head??

I'm from Houston, so I'm all for the Texans getting the first pick so I can see #5 in our backfield.

Scott D
12/24/2005, 10:49 PM
I'm not totally sure, but it might go next to records against either the conference or common opponents to decide it....part of the reason the fans in SF want a coin flip for the #1 pick.

trwxxa
12/24/2005, 10:55 PM
San Francisco winning today muddles the picture a bit. There could be as many as 5 teams with 3 wins after next week. Green Bay, New Orleans, New York Jets, Houston and SF. Draft order will be based on each teams strength of schedule.

I know the Texans have a weaker SOS than SF so they would draft ahead of them in a tie. I do not know about the other teams.

Let's hope the Texans lose against SF next week

trwxxa
12/24/2005, 11:12 PM
NFL.com has current SOS numbers. Of the five teams in the running for the first pick, Green Bay has the weakest SOS and would pick first. The Texans would go fourth, behind the Saints and Jets.

SoonerGators
12/25/2005, 03:03 AM
I think it's time for Alex Smith to have a breakout game

Collier11
12/25/2005, 04:14 AM
Just wanted to know if any of you guys knew for sure what the tiebreaker is for getting the first pick in the draft. Someone told me that Houston has the first pick locked up because even if they beat SF next week and both end up with three wins, the pick will go to Houston because they had a weaker schedule strength. Is this true? Is the first tiebreaker not who wins head to head??

I'm from Houston, so I'm all for the Texans getting the first pick so I can see #5 in our backfield.

If youre a Texan fan why the hell would you want Bush, you have a couple of good rb's, why not trade down, get several picks and rebuild that **** hole of a o-line or get some D help. It doesnt do you any good to fill that position with a rb, you dont need one?

soonerjoker
12/25/2005, 10:00 AM
the NEXT tie breaker, is, "ugliest cheer leaders".

SoonerGators
12/25/2005, 12:12 PM
If youre a Texan fan why the hell would you want Bush, you have a couple of good rb's, why not trade down, get several picks and rebuild that **** hole of a o-line or get some D help. It doesnt do you any good to fill that position with a rb, you dont need one?

It doesn't do us any good to draft the best player??

I'm of the mindset that if you have the first pick, you take the best player. The only exception would be qb if you already have one. Davis is a middle of the pack running back and is hurt way too often man. Jonathan Wells is an okay back up, nothing more. Even if the Texans had a great oline this year, they're still not going to the playoffs...we need more playmakers on this team, and Bush is the best one in the draft. You can find alternative ways to get in offensive lineman who can play, but you can't find another Reggie Bush. As for defense, before anyone starts talking about personnel they need to get out of that 3-4. A new head coach will fix that though.