PDA

View Full Version : Problems with this years team

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:43 PM
Outside shooting and defense.

Outside shooting I'm not that scared about because they'll eventually go in. They aren't making dumb 3 shots for the most part. They may need to do a better job of setting screens at times.

Defense needs to play together as a team. It's really that simple. Against Nova and WVU we've played bad team defense. The offense did enough to win both of those games. Defense didn't play well together. If we improve on D we'll be fine. In Elite 8 year we lost 2 games to Alabama and Mississippi and neither one was close. That team ended up pretty good. I think this team is similar. Can really score some points, but the defense isn't as good right now.

OUstud
12/22/2005, 10:48 PM
We lost to Ole Miss in the year before the Final Four year, I think. But I agree with your analysis.

Big John
12/22/2005, 10:49 PM
OU only seems to play good defense in spurts. The other team can't hardly get off a shot, then after the timeout someone ends up open under the basket.

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:50 PM
No this was the year after we were in the F4. Elite 8 year. F4 year we only lost to Mich State by 12. E8 year we lost to Miss State when they had a stud inside guy and we had a young team inside. Bama was the first game of the year and we lost it by 6 but it was never that close.

Soonerus
12/22/2005, 10:56 PM
We will pull it together...

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 11:02 PM
I agree. We just need to get better on D. Last years team was flat out bad the middle of the year for several games. Worse then this years. But they pulled it together.

IronHorseSooner
12/22/2005, 11:17 PM
This team will eventually get better, and, based on the schedule, should rattle off about 8 in a row before the Texas game (at about the time I should head home). They will beat ORU, 'Bama, and SMU. They should beat NU, MU, A&M, TTU, and Baylor before the UT game. That should have them at 14-2 by that point, and probably back in the top 10. If they get by UT at home, you have A&M, a down KU team, and them OSU up there. I say that they are 17-3 by that point (losing at OSU). Then with Baylor, CU. ISU (at home, thank God), TTU, KSU, and OSU, they should be 23-3 by the time of the UT game. 23-4 going into the Conference tourney. Get to the finals of the tourney 25-4. That would put them at either 25-5 or 26-4, depending on who's in the final (if UT, it could go either way). Both UT and OU have the same problems- consistent defense and 3-point shooting. Their seasons are mirroring themselves in many ways.

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 11:50 PM
Texas isn't playing good team ball on offense also. I think OU's playing good team ball on offense they just make a stupid mistake or two or we just aren't making the open shots. Defense is a problem for both teams I agree.