PDA

View Full Version : If we get a defense

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:18 PM
We'll win it all this year. We can't play bad defense though. Our offense is really good IMO. Probably the best Sampson has had overall.

snp
12/22/2005, 10:25 PM
We're barely beating crap teams and getting demolished by the only good teams we've played against. It's going to be a disapointing year.

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:27 PM
If we play defense like this I agree. But we won't play defense like that. We aren't a very good defense right now. If we shoot like we did tonight against Oral Roberts we'll win that one by 20+ and we'll beat Bama by 15 or so.

Our defense just can't play this bad.

oumartin
12/22/2005, 10:33 PM
you're a dreamer Nick.. Seems you used to have some good thoughts. What happened?

PrideTrombone
12/22/2005, 10:33 PM
I must've missed the part where anyone but Taj Gray shot very well at all.

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:36 PM
I think the problem on offense that first half was we weren't passing it well. But our offense did enough. We just didn't play any defense at all.

oumartin
12/22/2005, 10:40 PM
object of basketball is to score more points than the other team, Kelvin sure makes John Cheney proud.

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:44 PM
We've got a better offense now then we have most times under Sampson this early. But the defense is flat out bad right now. Kelvin will make sure that changes. That's for damn sure.

OUstud
12/22/2005, 10:47 PM
See my post on the WVU game thread about how our season goes every year. We'll pull it together next month, then lose in in February for like 2 weeks, then find it again and get a good Big XII Tournament seed, then lose in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament.

In the words of the late Tupac, "That's just the way it is".

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 10:49 PM
I think we've lost 2 times under Sampson in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney. We usually go real deep in the NCAA Tourney(Sweet 16, Elite 8, or F4) or we lose in the first round.

KC//CRIMSON
12/22/2005, 10:49 PM
you're a dreamer Nick.. Seems you used to have some good thoughts. What happened?

nick wouldn't know a good thought if it slapped him upside the head.

OUMonster
12/22/2005, 11:22 PM
Our offense sucks.

We score points on raw talent alone and nothing else. Set plays? Cuts? Screens? Forget about it.

Just my opinion.

NickZeppelin
12/22/2005, 11:56 PM
I don't disagree to much about the offense. It wasn't great. But it was good enough. I think it'll get better.

If you don't play defense your offense won't win games alone. Kelvin tried to find a lineup that worked on D. None really did. We didn't play good as a team on defense.

OUGreg723
12/23/2005, 12:35 AM
I think Nick has a good point. We arent playing well offensvily right now, but we could be if our gaurds would step up their game. With all of our talent we should be playing 10x better. It will be fixed. Trust me.

We should also be playing alot better defense too. Kelvin will pull it together, don't worry guys. It is still very early. We were just really flat tonight.

We should also remember that there are alot of players on this team who are new to the program. Let's give them a little time. The season is far from over.

IronHorseSooner
12/23/2005, 12:37 AM
We have some good INDIVIDUAL defensive players (Godbold, Gray, Bookout, TE, Carter), but we aren't good collectively. UT's going through the same problems. They all breed inconsistency. This means that we have good athletes, but they have yet to fully gel. I had this game as a loss before the season because I felt it was a trap and we didn't match up very well (like 'Nova). WVU is an example of a team who is made up of seniors who have stayed together and developed a effective system with an good coach.

Ruuuuuufus
12/23/2005, 02:06 AM
In the tourney we'll lose in whatever round happens to be against a team that can run a decent zone defense.