PDA

View Full Version : WVU Game

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2005, 11:52 AM
First, for all of us who can't go, please go. We'll need the Ford Center to be LOUD....Second, what do y'all think will happen? Even though the Sooners should win this, they could also very easily lose this. The types of teams that have given the Sooners problems over the years have been guard-oriented 3-point shooting teams ('Nova, Mizzou, ISU, OSU, TTECH, Utah (the guards beat them in that game), Duke, Indiana). If WVU gets hot, they are good as anybody in the country. If not, they are soft inside and OU could win by double digits. Pittsnogle is basically a guard playing center. Kevin will go through him, and Gray will go over him. OU has the athleticism, defensive, rebounding, and interior scoring advantages. WVU is just flat a better shooting team. If Neal, Godbold, Johnson, or TE get hot, then OU wins no matter what. If not, the game will be closer than it should be. Remember, WVU was CRAZY hot at the end of last season and darn near went to the Final Four.

John Kochtoston
12/20/2005, 03:30 PM
It's damn difficult to made the Ford Center loud on Thursday, because half the crowd will be ags rooting for OU to lose. I'll do what I can, though.:D
Kinda a big week and 1/2 for the Sooners. 'Bama is not what they should be, but they may yet prove to be decent. ORU and WVU would be two great wins to go into conference play with.
I think, though, the reason we lost to 'Nova, is they played four great guards, not two, like the Mountaineers will. Pittsnogle is a good player, but I think between Taj and Nate (who should see a LOT of minutes against the 'Neers), we can slow him down defensively.

GDC
12/20/2005, 04:53 PM
Since I'm not going to San Diego I just got my tickets for the ORU game on the 28th, that's probably the only one I'll be able to make.

william_brasky
12/21/2005, 07:21 AM
Should be an interesting game. Contrasting styles to say the least.

OUr defense is going to have to be on top of its game, or we'll be in trouble. They do alot of backdoor cuts and off-ball screens that seem to free people up for 3's or layups. If they're shooting the ball well from the 3, it could be a long night for us. We can't let that Gansey guy get good looks. He's a freakin' baller.

WVU will play a zone and try to force us to shoot from the perimeter where we're not proven at this point. If we forget about getting the ball down to Book and Taj we're in deep doo-doo.

boomersoonerdude
12/21/2005, 08:31 AM
I really want to go but don't know how or where to purchase a ticket.

Info anyone????

william_brasky
12/21/2005, 04:07 PM
I really want to go but don't know how or where to purchase a ticket.

Info anyone????

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&KEY=&ATCLID=27041

sooner518
12/22/2005, 12:49 AM
these guys can shoot. im almost glad im gonna be on a flight from chicago to tulsa because watching WVU play is always frustrating. if theyre having an off shooting night, theyve got no chance, but if theyre hitting, itll be tough for us to beat them.

jthomasou78
12/22/2005, 06:07 AM
Every year Kelvin Sampsons teams will look bad against a top flight non conference opponent (Duke, Villanova, Cinncinnatti). However, we always seem to look really good against these bottom of the top 25 teams.

I expect a good showing and a big win against WVU.

william_brasky
12/22/2005, 10:34 PM
I would like to bump this thread.

Please refer to post #4 by yours truly.

I'm gonna pull a Traber and give it up to myself.